This damn heat is unbearable this year.

It is hot outside.

It is a comfy 73F in here.

Thank Gawd for R22.

Last edited:
I'm up in NY state and the forecast is 98 the next two days and 90s all this coming week. It is past 11pm and it is 78 degrees and humid. Pretty wild for up here. It dipped down to the 40's four or five nights ago. I don't mind it too much, better than 10 degrees and a foot and a half of lake effect snow.

I need to buy one of those cheap little inflatable pools and one of those floating recliners so I can lounge outside in style lol.

I just realized the OP is in KC. The temp today was 97° not 110° and the forcast for tomorrow is 87° with lower to mid 90s for the next week. My phone gives the the weather there because I go there a couple of times a month.
Did you see the word HEAT INDEX in the op or are you being retarded on purpose?

Yesterday was 102 real temp. Day before was even hotter.
Last week was cool. I was there. Stayed at the Westin because I had early meetings.

in Maine, where I live near the coastline...it's 68 degrees right now,

but it was sweltering today, it hit 84 degrees... that's real hot for us!!!!

for the first time all year, I had to turn the A/C on....and I thank goodness we have it!!....

Wednesday, it is suppose to hit 90, but by Friday the day time highs will be back in the 70's....hip hip hooray!

Last edited:
I just realized the OP is in KC. The temp today was 97° not 110° and the forcast for tomorrow is 87° with lower to mid 90s for the next week. My phone gives the the weather there because I go there a couple of times a month.
The temp right now without including the heat index because of the humidity is high and the sun went down almost an hour and a half ago.

Screenshot_20180630-222927_The Weather Channel.jpg

Did you see the word HEAT INDEX in the op or are you being retarded on purpose?

Yesterday was 102 real temp. Day before was even hotter.
Last week was cool. I was there. Stayed at the Westin because I had early meetings.
Now you are just STRAIGHT UP LYING.

Why?

Bound for ignore

It is hot outside.

It is a comfy 73 in here.

Thank Gawd for R22.
My central air has been broke for a few years now (pretty sure it is the large capacitor it looks bulged out) and I haven't bothered to fix it because there isn't many very hot days here usually and I have a few window units from before I moved into this house. Also laziness. I sure wish it was working now. The window units do a good enough job but lol if you want to go up to the second floor.

I

It was 115 here 2 days ago. The humidity is a killer.
Not to take anything from you Taz but it isn't the same. Especially when you are not used to it.

Humidity has starting to get the best of me, too. It's pretty bad here as well. Worse than usual the last few days.

I feel your pain, brother.

It was 115 here 2 days ago. The humidity is a killer.
Not to take anything from you Taz but it isn't the same. Especially when you are not used to it.

Humidity has starting to get the best of me, too. It's pretty bad here as well. Worse than usual the last few days.

I feel your pain, brother.
I am not sure if it is just because I went back into the field this year rather that the cushy "office" job or if it is really worse but I suspect the latter.
The only upside is my grass is browning so I don't have to mow every 3 days like a usual spring/early summer.
Not sure which is worse tho, an airconditioner that never shuts off, costing a fortune, or the nasty humidity

Just imagine if they had thermometers back in the 1930's when the planet was really hot.

Please go on.

Various authors have credited the invention of the thermometer to Hero of Alexandria. The thermometer was not a single invention, however, but a development. Hero of Alexandria(10–70 AD) knew of the principle that certain substances, notably air, expand and contract and described a demonstration in which a closed tube partially filled with air had its end in a container of water.[5] The expansion and contraction of the air caused the position of the water/air interface to move along the tube.​

Thermometer - Wikipedia

Just imagine if they had thermometers back in the 1930's when the planet was really hot.

Please go on.

Various authors have credited the invention of the thermometer to Hero of Alexandria. The thermometer was not a single invention, however, but a development. Hero of Alexandria(10–70 AD) knew of the principle that certain substances, notably air, expand and contract and described a demonstration in which a closed tube partially filled with air had its end in a container of water.[5] The expansion and contraction of the air caused the position of the water/air interface to move along the tube.​

Thermometer - Wikipedia

Present a link to a thermometer on the ground in Oman in the 1930's. That decade witnessed more days over 100 than any decade since. That is called a fact.

Forum List

Back