This Easter Morning's Mass in My City Proved People are Rejecting Atheism. The Catholic Church is Alive and BOOMING!

Again, you ask an idiotic question that has already been answered, indicating you do not read past posts. I explained it in post #101. Both are correct; the number of US Catholics is declining as a percent, but rising in raw numbers. The percentage figure, however is meaningless. Only the raw numbers matter, and they are going up.

You made an idiotic point (anything else would be beyond you).

You said the "Atheist left" made the claim that the Catholic church was dying. Well, that's just not true. That hasn't happened. You're a liar.

Then you trot out some PEW poll as some sort of evidence of what you believe the Atheist left claimed, and you call that poll a lie. Now you come out using a PEW poll to support some point you think you're making. So, now, you're not only a liar, you're a hypocrite, too. A lying hypocrite...

You made an idiotic point (anything else would be beyond you).

You said the "Atheist left" made the claim that the Catholic church was dying. Well, that's just not true. That hasn't happened. You're a liar.

Then you trot out some PEW poll as some sort of evidence of what you believe the Atheist left claimed, and you call that poll a lie. Now you come out using a PEW poll to support some point you think you're making. So, now, you're not only a liar, you're a hypocrite, too. A lying hypocrite...
You demanded I show proof that the left is reporting the decline of Christianity in America, and I did it. Now you're bitching about it, for some reason. I don't think you are an intelligent person.

Just for fun, here are more sources:
The weird spiral of declining Christianity in America

Now why do I know, even though these links answer exactly what you asked for, you'll still bitch and whine some more?

Percentages don't matter. Raw numbers do.
And atheism as the 'fastest growing' is a laugh. That only means they didn't have many to begin with.
Percentages are what matters

You don't understand that you can see a rise in the raw numbers but a decline in the percent of a population that participates in religion.

The RATE matters far more than the raw number

You demanded I show proof that the left is reporting the decline of Christianity in America, and I did it. Now you're bitching about it, for some reason. I don't think you are an intelligent person.

Just for fun, here are more sources:
The weird spiral of declining Christianity in America

Now why do I know, even though these links answer exactly what you asked for, you'll still bitch and whine some more?

It's funny, you know? The whole idea of you saying you think someone's not intelligent. I've got toe jam that's more intelligent that you.

You said the "Atheist left" had claimed that the Catholic church was "dying". Well, no one made that claim. No one made it, and you've proven that your nothing but a complete failure at showing that they did. Saying there's a "decline" is quite different that saying it's "dying". You've made it clear that you're nothing but a drama queen, and that you're someone not to take seriously...

Percentages are what matters

You don't understand that you can see a rise in the raw numbers but a decline in the percent of a population that participates in religion.

The RATE matters far more than the raw number
Percentage doesn't matter at all. Let's say I have a business, and the population in my area explodes, such that I get more customers even though it's a smaller percentage than the area grew. Would I care? No. Because I got more customers.

You're super welcome

I love any chance to bash Catholics
No, actually you showed that our number increased. Double thanks!! And thanks in advance for your next comment which will up my thread's post count even more!

It's funny, you know? The whole idea of you saying you think someone's not intelligent. I've got toe jam that's more intelligent that you.

You said the "Atheist left" had claimed that the Catholic church was "dying". Well, no one made that claim. No one made it, and you've proven that your nothing but a complete failure at showing that they did. Saying there's a "decline" is quite different that saying it's "dying". You've made it clear that you're nothing but a drama queen, and that you're someone not to take seriously...
Did you read the Huffpo link, moron? It says DYING.

Last edited:
It was fantastic to see 600 people cramming the pews this morning. All of Holy Week services were packed. Palm Sunday Masses last week were also packed. I love what is happening!
I’m Baptist and there were more in my church than I have seen in years. It was amazing. Christ is risen and every day we are closer to his return!

Percentage doesn't matter at all. Let's say I have a business, and the population in my area explodes, such that I get more customers even though it's a smaller percentage than the area grew. Would I care? No. Because I got more customers.
Wrong.

If you had 20% of the market and the population grows you might have more customers but you could also have less market share so you actually lost ground in the market place and that will eventually be what matters the most because once you start losing ground in market share your business will inevitably be less profitable that it could have been

The fact is that religious affiliation is declining in the US and will continue to do so.

Wrong.

If you had 20% of the market and the population grows you might have more customers but you could also have less market share so you actually lost ground in the market place and that will eventually be what matters the most because once you start losing ground in market share your business will inevitably be less profitable that it could have been

The fact is that religious affiliation is declining in the US and will continue to do so.

If I gained customers, it doesn't matter to me if the population grew a little or a lot.
If you've ever been in business, which I doubt you have, "coulda woulda shouldas" happen every day and are meaningless.

If I gained customers, it doesn't matter to me if the population grew a little or a lot.
If you've ever been in business, which I doubt you have, "coulda woulda shouldas" happen every day and are meaningless.
It should.

It's not just the number of customers that matters. Market share matters.

If you had 1000 customers which was 20% of the local market share and the population grew to the point where you needed 2000 customers to maintain the same marker share but you only have 10 new customers and another business got the rest your position in the market did not improve. You lost ground.

Did you read the Huffpo link, moron? It says DYING.

One Op/Ed piece represents "the Atheist left"?

How fucking ignorant are you?

People like you are one of the reasons I left the church years ago. Stupid, self-righteous chuckleheads who've successfully fooled themselves into believing they're even mildly intelligent...

Forum List

Back