This is America, speak English!

pvsi

VIP Member
Nov 17, 2013
The image below I just saw on Facebook I think is classic. In my speeches I talk about the one language in America, the English language. Although with my father I speak Lithuanian in public. I am sure we can all argue about which language should be "official" in America and I'm sure one can say there needs not to be an official language, but what if there were 20 languages to contact IRS and you had to wait through 20 options to press some number for English. I don't think anyone can really argue that English is the most popular language in the world and is the easiest to learn. And I understand that for legitimate reasons America is also hated and many people do not speak English as a protest, however, I also believe that those who CAUSE for America to be hated are the ones who create conditions to encourage different languages, conflicts, controversy, they are the ones who set up these things "press 1 for English, press 2 for spanich, etc. I believe that with a true leader in America, he would be able to make a change for one common language without offending any minorities or other foreign speaking people at all.

1544494_681105421941825_1426863474_n.jpg

The image below I just saw on Facebook I think is classic. In my speeches I talk about the one language in America, the English language. Although with my father I speak Lithuanian in public. I am sure we can all argue about which language should be "official" in America and I'm sure one can say there needs not to be an official language, but what if there were 20 languages to contact IRS and you had to wait through 20 options to press some number for English. I don't think anyone can really argue that English is the most popular language in the world and is the easiest to learn. And I understand that for legitimate reasons America is also hated and many people do not speak English as a protest, however, I also believe that those who CAUSE for America to be hated are the ones who create conditions to encourage different languages, conflicts, controversy, they are the ones who set up these things "press 1 for English, press 2 for spanich, etc. I believe that with a true leader in America, he would be able to make a change for one common language without offending any minorities or other foreign speaking people at all.

Wouldn't she be using smoke signals instead of a cell phone? Just sayin.

The United States doesn't have an official language.
No sense trying to pretend that we do.
Folks who want to do business with me are going to have to speak English, but if they're OK with excluding me, that's ok - it's their choice.

I don't think anyone can really argue that English is the most popular language in the world and is the easiest to learn.

"Easiest to learn"? There is no such thing among fully-developed languages.

You are wrong

Fewer Latinos will speak Spanish, more non-Latinos will, report says - CNN.com
"On the one hand, the number of Spanish speakers is projected to grow to about 40 million by 2020 (from 37 million in 2011.) This reflects Hispanic population growth and a large number of non-Hispanics who will also speak Spanish," said Mark Hugo Lopez, director of Hispanic Research at the Pew Research Center.

"But, even though the number of Spanish speakers is projected to grow, among Hispanics, the share that speak Spanish is projected to fall from about 75% now to 66% in 2020," Lopez said.

In a previous study, Pew found that third-generation Hispanics are more likely than immigrant Hispanics to be English-dominant. They say they watch television mostly in English and the same was true about music and thinking.

'Mama, would you please speak English!'

In other words, third-generation Hispanics are not likely to speak Spanish at home, if at all. They are growing up in a world where speaking Spanish is not vital.

This is America, speak English! I do. And to be a better military leader, business leader, and school board leader, I speak Spanish as well. Ese?

Vaffanculo

This is America! Speak whatever you want to! Now, if you intend to succeed in America...

Forum List

Back