This is breaking speculation maybe? Trump to announce.

Yet He removed them from the WH while President.
It's not your poor choice of words, it's a dem talking point.
Yes, and he should have returned them at the end of his term, as spelled out in the presidential records act.

He didn't so the National Archives asked for them. He ignored them so the the National Archives referred it the DoJ who investigated. The investigation concluded that Trump had the documents. They got a suboeona issued and Trump ignored it. At that point they got a search warrant. They found documents Trump shouldn't have had. Trump admitted he had the documents when he said he declassified them.

It's really not that complicated. I can see an argument to allow the legal process to be conducted before we jump to conclusions but to claim the DoJ or the FBI (who is just following orders from the warrant issued by the judge) is corrupt because they are investigating this or that it is some deep state plot is absurd nonsense.

The question is whether He was permitted to posses them and whether they were declassified.
He was not permitted to have them under the presidential records act.

Again, whether they were declassified or not has nothing to do with the three statutes the DoJ is investigating.

Well you see, on this planet, the investigations come first, then the indictments, then the convictions.
You're out of your orbit CBS.
DOJ and FBI can investigate Him all they want, they're pretty good at it, been what, 6-8 years now and they've found nothing. They have an impeccable track record to this point.
CBS, where are the convictions from all the investigations over the last 6-8 years?

They have found PLENTY on him.
LOADS!

:auiqs.jpg:

Stop with the excuses. We’re talking about his campaign promises to empty the swamp. He clearly lied or was too dumb to recognize what was going on.
No, what you don't realize is how he took the swamp creature's and drug their dead weight along while he did magnificent things for this COUNTRY. That is one huge achievement that we won't see again unless he runs and wins in 2024.

This time he'll be shedding swamp creature's from the ranks, and still get the job done for the American people.

Yes, and he should have returned them at the end of his term, as spelled out in the presidential records act.
GSA never audited what He was taking. So some responsibility starts there.

They got a suboeona issued and Trump ignored it.
I pointed out it was complied with, you forget that?

Trump admitted he had the documents when he said he declassified them.
And?

I can see an argument to allow the legal process to be conducted before we jump to conclusions but to claim the DoJ or the FBI (who is just following orders from the warrant issued by the judge) is corrupt because they are investigating this or that it is some deep state plot is absurd nonsense.
'We' aren't jumping to conclusions.
He was not permitted to have them under the presidential records act.

Again, whether they were declassified or not has nothing to do with the three statutes the DoJ is investigating.
Determining if they were declassified will have a huge bearing on a lot of this issue.
Then there is the issue of if this rises to the level of criminal and/or can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Remember what Comey said regarding Hillary.....something about intent.

No, what you don't realize is how he took the swamp creature's and drug their dead weight along while he did magnificent things for this COUNTRY. That is one huge achievement that we won't see again unless he runs and wins in 2024.

This time he'll be shedding swamp creature's from the ranks, and still get the job done for the American people.
You’re dreaming. Even if he wins potus again, which is a long shot, he’ll do the exact same thing.

GSA never audited what He was taking. So some responsibility starts there.

That would be convenient but I seriously doubt casting blame on the GSA is a good legal argument.

I pointed out it was complied with, you forget that?

As I pointed out you still haven't linked where he returned any documents in response to the suboeona and that even if he had, it doesn't matter because he did not return them all...obviously since the DoJ found them.

Just to deter the argument that the DoJ "planted" the documents that seems to crop up commonly among Trump supporters.

'We' aren't jumping to conclusions.

Determining if they were declassified will have a huge bearing on a lot of this issue.
Then there is the issue of if this rises to the level of criminal and/or can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Which one of the three statutes in the affidavit is contingent on classification?

Remember what Comey said regarding Hillary.....something about intent.
The Hillary thing is finished. As we now know presidents can declassify information with just a thought, I expect the reason Hillary wasn't charged, intent or not, is because Obama declassified all the documents on Hillary's server.

Unlike Trump documents, classification is the key factor in Hillary's case. If the documents in here server were declassified with a thought by Obama then no case. Right?

Not only that, now we have to shut down records request for federal records. How can we allow the public access to records that at any given time could have their classification status elevated with a thought from the president? We can't.

This is the crazy world Trump apologists create in their desperation to absolve Trump of any thing he does.

1. He had the stuff for five weeks and returned it.

2. He didn't take the furniture, keep it for 18 months, ignore a suboeona and lie in an official document about it.

3. Furniture is not even covered by the presidential records act like documents are; which basically renders your argument the most blatant false equivalence I have seen in quite sometime.

Did you actually fall for this nonsense when your media outlets pitched it to you?

He did? Proof? Regardless...

...they were not given all the documents.

By not providing all the documents.

Law and order is not lunatic.
The Clintons left the White House in near shambles.Took a lot
of White House things that stay with the WH.Like China,
bric-a-brac and I believe drapes and some portraits.Left the
WH offices but near destroying the Computers.The way
Hillary destroyed her Blackberry when ordered to turn over
30,000 + emails.

The Clintons left the White House in near shambles.Took a lot
of White House things that stay with the WH.Like China,
bric-a-brac and I believe drapes and some portraits.Left the
WH offices but near destroying the Computers.The way
Hillary destroyed her Blackberry when ordered to turn over
30,000 + emails.
Yeah. Great stuff. You should make a thread about it. Good luck.

The ONLY thing that Democrats have going for them is Trump. He's the ONLY reason why they keep winning.

Why the fuck can't so many on the right see this?

Which of the statutes being investigated in the affidavite are dependent on classification level...besides "I won't grasp why." (See below for charges).
I knew you’d fail to grasp it. Thanks for confirming. I’ve said it before. I hereby repeat it for your benefit:

Not one single viable charge can be predicated on any document which isn’t classified. Possession of them may violate the PRA, but that’s NOT a Criminal statute.

So, I couldn’t give a rat’s twat about the “possible” crimes listed in the s/w affidavit. That’s silliness. For example, you can’t be guilty of obstructing an investigation into a non crime.
He was issued a subpoena to return the documents. He didn't. Also his laywer lied on an official form.
He engaged in negotiations. You still don’t get that. And you claim his lawyer “lied.” Once again, it falls to me to educate a lib: words have actual meaning. Yiur use of the word “lie” doesn’t.
At the end of his term he is required by law to return presidential records. It doesn't matter where they are.
Not exactly. Your make overly broad assertions devoid of nexus to the actual statute. Besides, as noted above, the PRA is STILL not a criminal statute.
Just so we are on the same page.
We aren’t. You remain ignorant and wrong.
The statutes violated in the affidavit are criminal.

1. "The most notable federal statute is 18 U.S. Code § 793, also known as the Espionage Act, which deals with the possession of documents and materials related to national security, particularly information that could be used to harm the U.S. or benefit a foreign country."
Stupid you. That would require (among other things) that any of the documents actually being classified.
2. "18 U.S. Code § 1519 bars the destruction or falsification of any documents or materials “with the intent to impede, obstruct, or influence” governmental matters or investigations, which carries a prison sentence of up to 20 years or a fine."
An “investigation” into non crimes. Lol. Good luck.
3. "The final statute prohibits “willfully and unlawfully conceal[ing], remov[ing], mutilat[ing], obliterat[ing], or destroy[ing]” any government property, and carries a fine or prison sentence of up to three years."

Again. evidence of any of that.
Lol, back to negotiations again huh?

Lol. Still mocking what you don’t even understand.
Ignoring a suboeona
He didn’t, Stupid. You can’t “ignore” the very thing you and the other side are negotiating over. You derp.
and lying on a federal document about the documents is not negotiation.
You keep misusing that term, you dolt.
Lie: "a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth."
Prove that it was false. Prove that even if it was incorrect it was made with any such intent. Being wrong is not the same as lying, you imbecile.

It’s not enough to cite a definition, kid. Your ability to understand it is at issue. In fact, your inability is on display. 👍

That would be convenient but I seriously doubt casting blame on the GSA is a good legal argument.

As I pointed out you still haven't linked where he returned any documents in response to the suboeona and that even if he had, it doesn't matter because he did not return them all...obviously since the DoJ found them.

Just to deter the argument that the DoJ "planted" the documents that seems to crop up commonly among Trump supporters.

Which one of the three statutes in the affidavit is contingent on classification?

The Hillary thing is finished. As we now know presidents can declassify information with just a thought, I expect the reason Hillary wasn't charged, intent or not, is because Obama declassified all the documents on Hillary's server.

Unlike Trump documents, classification is the key factor in Hillary's case. If the documents in here server were declassified with a thought by Obama then no case. Right?

Not only that, now we have to shut down records request for federal records. How can we allow the public access to records that at any given time could have their classification status elevated with a thought from the president? We can't.

This is the crazy world Trump apologists create in their desperation to absolve Trump of any thing he does.
Stay away from this poster.because he or she has no conscience.
Truth means less than nothing to this person.State fact and this
leftist enjoys acting like it means nothing.True definition of
a Sociopath.They live in a world devoid of interest in the rights
and facts of others,who they disagree.
I doubt this person could hold a job or have nice friends.
The ramification for being a one-sided cyclops know-it-all.
It's not that I don't have patience with those of this ilk.
But they are a lost cause.Too far gone.They cannot bear anything
other than themself.Acting both the expert and fault-finder.
Similar to hosts at CNN and MSNBC.

Idiot. He said he COULD even do it that way. He never said he had.

Try to read with comprehension.
That poster is not here to debate or inform but to laud
and act superior.The kind who Obama was tinkled pink
to surround himself.We all now the type.
California Governor Newsom is another example.
They so think the world of themself that eventually
they'll have a nervous breakdown.The human mind can
handle just so much and then it turns.Sometimes inward and
other times outward at others.

Forum List

Back