This is what atheist believe? Atheist believe that nothing created everything

As sure as night follows day, godbotherers can't explain where the universe came from.
You ignorant sods think some ghost did it. What a joke.
What we perceive as reality is a product of consciousness. The behavior of sub atomic particles - for that matter all particles and objects - is inextricably linked to the presence of a conscious observer. Without a conscious observer they exist in an undetermined state of probability waves. Without consciousness matter dwells in an undetermined state of probability. Any universe preceding consciousness only existed in a probability state. The universe is explainable only through consciousness. The universe is finely tuned to support consciousness because consciousness created the universe, not the other way around.

Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create. This is a life‑breeding universe because the constant presence of mind made it so and imbued His creation with His attributes.

What we perceive as reality is a product of consciousness. The behavior of sub atomic particles - for that matter all particles and objects - is inextricably linked to the presence of a conscious observer. Without a conscious observer they exist in an undetermined state of probability waves. Without consciousness matter dwells in an undetermined state of probability. Any universe preceding consciousness only existed in a probability state. The universe is explainable only through consciousness. The universe is finely tuned to support consciousness because consciousness created the universe, not the other way around.

Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create. This is a life‑breeding universe because the constant presence of mind made it so and imbued His creation with His attributes.

The universe is only explained through consciousness. Absolute bullshit.

Have you ever heard if the big bang etc?
There's no consciousness involved.
This consciousness has never been used to explain the origins if the universe nor was it a gift from God. That's bullshit.
Grow up. You're talking in riddles attempting to justify some silly God.

The universe is only explained through consciousness. Absolute bullshit.

Have you ever heard if the big bang etc?
There's no consciousness involved.
This consciousness has never been used to explain the origins if the universe nor was it a gift from God. That's bullshit.
Grow up. You're talking in riddles attempting to justify some silly God.
No. I'm not talking in riddles. It is primarily physicists who in recent times have expressed most clearly and forthrightly this pervasive relationship between mind and matter, and indeed at times the primacy of mind. Arthur Eddington in 1928 wrote, “the stuff of the world is mind‑stuff ... The mind‑stuff is not spread in space and time.... Recognizing that the physical world is entirely abstract and without ‘actuality’ apart from its linkage to consciousness, we restore consciousness to the fundamental position . . .”

Von Weizsacker in 1971 states as “a new and, I feel, intelligible interpretation of quantum theory” what he calls his “Identity Hypothesis: Consciousness and matter are different aspects of the same reality.”

I like most of all Wolfgang Pauli’s formulation, from 1952: “To us . . . the only acceptable point of view appears to be the one that recognizes both sides of reality -- the quantitative and the qualitative, the physical and the psychical -- as compatible with each other, and can embrace them simultaneously . . . It would be most satisfactory of all if physis and psyche (i.e., matter and mind) could be seen as complementary aspects of the same reality.”

What this kind of thought means essentially is that one has no more basis for considering the existence of matter without its complementary aspect of mind, than for asking that elementary particles not also be waves.

As for this seeming a strange viewpoint for a scientist -- at least until one gets used to it -- as in so many other instances, what is wanted is not so much an acceptable concept as an acceptable rhetoric. If I say, with Eddington, “the stuff of the world is mind‑stuff,” that has a metaphysical ring. But if I say that ultimate reality is expressed in the solutions of the equations of quantum mechanics, quantum electrodynamics, and quantum field theory -- that sounds like good, modern physics. Yet what are those equations, indeed what is mathematics, but mind‑stuff? -- virtually the ultimate in mind‑stuff and for that reason deeply mysterious.

No. I'm not talking in riddles. It is primarily physicists who in recent times have expressed most clearly and forthrightly this pervasive relationship between mind and matter, and indeed at times the primacy of mind. Arthur Eddington in 1928 wrote, “the stuff of the world is mind‑stuff ... The mind‑stuff is not spread in space and time.... Recognizing that the physical world is entirely abstract and without ‘actuality’ apart from its linkage to consciousness, we restore consciousness to the fundamental position . . .”

Von Weizsacker in 1971 states as “a new and, I feel, intelligible interpretation of quantum theory” what he calls his “Identity Hypothesis: Consciousness and matter are different aspects of the same reality.”

I like most of all Wolfgang Pauli’s formulation, from 1952: “To us . . . the only acceptable point of view appears to be the one that recognizes both sides of reality -- the quantitative and the qualitative, the physical and the psychical -- as compatible with each other, and can embrace them simultaneously . . . It would be most satisfactory of all if physis and psyche (i.e., matter and mind) could be seen as complementary aspects of the same reality.”

What this kind of thought means essentially is that one has no more basis for considering the existence of matter without its complementary aspect of mind, than for asking that elementary particles not also be waves.

As for this seeming a strange viewpoint for a scientist -- at least until one gets used to it -- as in so many other instances, what is wanted is not so much an acceptable concept as an acceptable rhetoric. If I say, with Eddington, “the stuff of the world is mind‑stuff,” that has a metaphysical ring. But if I say that ultimate reality is expressed in the solutions of the equations of quantum mechanics, quantum electrodynamics, and quantum field theory -- that sounds like good, modern physics. Yet what are those equations, indeed what is mathematics, but mind‑stuff? -- virtually the ultimate in mind‑stuff and for that reason deeply mysterious.

Yeah. And Jesus was born if a virgin and kept talking snakes, eve was made from a rub of Adam. Don't make me vomit you fool. You're just another delusional godbotherer.

I'm sure to you it does seem that way because you do not possess the intellectual capacity to work through the origin questions in a logical and methodical way.

You're just a delusional godbotherer.
Have all the evidence of everything but your silly god yet it's me who lacks intelligence.
You believe in immaculate conception and virgin births etc yet it's me who lacks intelligence.
Right. I've got it now.

You're just a delusional godbotherer.
Have all the evidence of everything but your silly god yet it's me who lacks intelligence.
You believe in immaculate conception and virgin births etc yet it's me who lacks intelligence.
Right. I've got it now.
What exactly did I write that was delusional?

What exactly did I write that was delusional?

If you want to believe some ghost flicked his fingers and the universe appeared, you believe that. I know nits bullshit believing a lie forever doesn't make it fact.
Godbotherers deliberately divert from the real issues and plausible scenarios because it doesn't suit their religion. They link it to science also trying to maintain relevance.
Science has never wasted one minute supporting any God crap and never will.
It's over for your Jesus junkies. you're on your own. Stick with you silly God.

Things can still exist if no one is there to observe them

If you want to believe some ghost flicked his fingers and the universe appeared, you believe that. I know nits bullshit believing a lie forever doesn't make it fact.
Godbotherers deliberately divert from the real issues and plausible scenarios because it doesn't suit their religion. They link it to science also trying to maintain relevance.
Science has never wasted one minute supporting any God crap and never will.
It's over for your Jesus junkies. you're on your own. Stick with you silly God.
That's not what I wrote. What exactly did I write that was delusional?

Things can still exist if no one is there to observe them
Not according to quantum mechanics. According to quantum mechanics they exist in an undetermined state of probability waves. Think Schrödinger's cat.

Not according to quantum mechanics. According to quantum mechanics they exist in an undetermined state of probability waves. Think Schrödinger's cat.
Not everything obeys the laws of quantum physics.

A tree just doesn't pop into existence if i look at it and disappear when I turn my back to it.

What implication does that have for blind people? I guess nothing exists for them so they don't have to worry about getting hit by a bus or walking off of a cliff huh?

Not everything obeys the laws of quantum physics.

A tree just doesn't pop into existence if i look at it and disappear when I turn my back to it.

What implication does that have for blind people? I guess nothing exists for them so they don't have to worry about getting hit by a bus or walking off of a cliff huh?
For all you know you may not exist. You may very well be a probability wave.

Had enough of you delusional Jesus junkies. You've all been trashed in the head with excess prayers. Stick with your bible son.
I'm still waiting on you to show me what I wrote that you thought was delusional.

Had enough of you delusional Jesus junkies. You've all been trashed in the head with excess prayers. Stick with your bible son.

Forum List

Back