THIS is what needs to be said

Yea but don’t you also say blacks don’t need or want our help?

Yes your dollars have made white owned business’ rich. So have mine.

What are y’all gonna do about it?
If you please...Africans, not blacks

No these black guys here say they, black americans, don't want whities help. Ask IM2.

Wrong. These black guys here say they, black americans helped make whites rich and that we deserve a better return on the money we invested in making whites rich.
Prove YOU helped make US rich. What a lame excuse and yes, whining.
Well every one of us who works for someone else is trying to make them rich. If you aren’t then you aren’t a valued employee.

Blacks need to start getting a good work reputation for something. Like, blacks always show up on time or they work the hardest. Blacks don’t have a “i’ll Give them this” as far as work goes what are blacks known for in the work place? Like Asians are good at math, indians are IT, Mexicans do good work for cheap. Whites manage teams well. What do blacks do?
That's how they were at the prison, except for one.

No these black guys here say they, black americans, don't want whities help. Ask IM2.

Wrong. These black guys here say they, black americans helped make whites rich and that we deserve a better return on the money we invested in making whites rich.
Well every one of us who works for someone else is trying to make them rich. If you aren’t then you aren’t a valued employee.

Blacks need to start getting a good work reputation for something. Like, blacks always show up on time or they work the hardest. Blacks don’t have a “i’ll Give them this” as far as work goes what are blacks known for in the work place? Like Asians are good at math, indians are IT, Mexicans do good work for cheap. Whites manage teams well. What do blacks do?
That's how they were at the prison, except for one.
Remember Dave Chappell’s real world with one white guy and all the other house members are black?

So im2 can say we are racist for seeing black people exactly the way Dave Chappell showed the stereotypes of angry black women and violent black men.

Or the one where the three black guys are the mummy werewolf and Frankenstein?

IM2's rhetoric about white people is exactly how Hitler talked about the jews. No, scratch that. Hitler never expressed his intent as blatantly as IM2. What is really worrisome is that he doesn't have an original idea in his nappy head. Everything he says here is borrowed from democrat talking points and mainstream news.

IM2's rhetoric about white people is exactly how Hitler talked about the jews. No, scratch that. Hitler never expressed his intent as blatantly as IM2. What is really worrisome is that he doesn't have an original idea in his nappy head. Everything he says here is borrowed from democrat talking points and mainstream news.
He does speak the truth. We need to do a better job but they need to meet us half way. Im2 gets defensive when I point the finger at the black community. I’m not saying what he’s saying isn’t true I’m simply not putting all the blame on the white community.

Companies love finding good reliable dependable smart qualified blacks. Blacks need to stop thinking every white is racist. If you didn’t get the job someone better might have got the job. Maybe maybe not. Life isn’t fair keep looking. Maybe half the racism you perceive isn’t real.

He does speak the truth. We need to do a better job but they need to meet us half way. Im2 gets defensive when I point the finger at the black community. I’m not saying what he’s saying isn’t true I’m simply not putting all the blame on the white community.

Companies love finding good reliable dependable smart qualified blacks. Blacks need to stop thinking every white is racist. If you didn’t get the job someone better might have got the job. Maybe maybe not. Life isn’t fair keep looking. Maybe half the racism you perceive isn’t real.

His mantra goes something along the lines: white people throughout history have committed horrible acts and exploited other people like blood sucking vampires, therefore any resentment towards them is justified and that we should just sit down and shut up.

I’m tired of reading, hearing or watching whites and others talking this bullshit. What is a victim folk? Does anyone know? Where did we get this idea that blacks who are protesting, complaining, or actively fighting racism are pretending to be victims of something ?

Where did this stump stupid shit come from? I say it started when the Reagan administration decided to get rid of the fairness doctrine. Suddenly you had all manner of loud mouth radio talk show idiots making fact less comments. I am going to talk about somebody here and it is not going to be complimentary. The first person I ever heard talking this way was some fat white boy from Missouri. I was in my 20’s and suddenly 30 years ago I started hearing of this fat white slob on the radio talking about blacks playing race cards, race hustling, and playing the victim. Like we are pretending there is racism just to feel persecuted. As the years have gone by, I ask who ordained this tub of lard permission to be arbiter of public opinion? I was going to start off on his lack of education, but I won't. But this slob has been allowed to influence a couple of generations of whites with his race baiting and he needs to be taken off the airwaves.

In my view this slob is worthless. All he’s good for is the big turkey leg and an extra scoop of dressing and gravy at the holiday dinner. I’m sure he knows nothing about sweet potato pie since that’s what blacks eat. This vat of fryer grease preaches his racist mumbo jumbo day in and day out. He’s done it for years now. If the stay puff marshmallow was the only one saying this, no problem. But this pork belly got millions of people to buy into his message and when you examine his message you want to tell Jabba the Hut to go find a buffet, play Mr. Creosote and eat that last wafer thin mint. The lunacy of his argument is apparent and what has been just as apparent is that we must be a nation of dunce caps to have allowed this stupid white can of crisco to become tertiary or de facto leader of one of our major political parties. Yes, I’m talking about Rush Limbaugh. He hasn’t gotten any skinnier either. But look, the stupidity he birthed here in this country is so tough you got blacks repeating it to other blacks as well as other stupid nonwhite wannabes.

We have people running around telling us black folks that we are always looking for racism. Now think about this for a minute. Blacks who want to get rid of racism are spending all their days going around looking for racism so we can stay upset, mad and stressed out. How stupid is that? There are some whites who have told me that I wake up only to go looking for racism. This kind of thinking strains the definition of sanity. So I wake up every morning, drink my coffee, then leave home to begin my daily search for a reason to be miserable, unhappy and angry. It is enough to make a person commit an act of violence when some whites, or stupid nonwhites dare speak this foolishness.

I would rather pass by the amusement park just to go find that Klan rally. I would rather sell my ticket to a pro football game to go find a Richard Spencer seminar. I would rather by pass a date with a beautiful woman to go watch a Jared Taylor lecture. If I have a job, I will clock in and spend my day looking for examples of ways to be insulted by race so I can spend all day long mad and miserable.

I’m accusing the company of racism because they give me pencils with black lead, or provide black pens to write with. If I am having a conversation with someone white I just can’t wait to hear them say something racist, so I can have hurt feelings and anger that I must hold inside of me for the rest of the day until I can get home. When I watch TV, instead of being entertained, I watch TV only to look for examples of racism so I can stay angry and bitter towards all whites.

If I go to a cajun restaurant, I will order the blackened fish on purpose so I can scream how the restaurant is a racist establishment so I can leave hungry and mad. I think black ice is a racist designation for ice, so I am mad at the weather person for making racist comments. This is the incredibly stupid garbage some people came to believe by listening to the skipper on gilligans island radio talk show. This level of stupidity must be unprecedented in modern times. Or perhaps it is not but the advent of so many ways to communicate has allowed the crazy that was once hidden at home to get out into the open.

Missouri Fats is the one who invented the card. Jennifer Garner, Howie Long and Samuel Jackson do not advertise for this card. But Fatty Arbuckle, Sean Hannity, dumb blacks like Kevin Jackson, some idiots on you tube, Dinesh D’ Souza, and others advertise for this card company. The company is called race and they have a card that these people imagine provides extra rights and privileges to those holding the card. I remember this white dude telling me how I was playing a race card as I was describing polices initiated by whites that created damage in the black community that people face today. This idiot wanted to lecture me on all this free stuff we blacks get because we have this card. Now as I am black, I asked him to provide me the website and address to the free black stuff administration. I’m still waiting.
Not that this rambling mindless tripe is worth responding to, but someone has a food fetish. Dressing, gravy, sweet potato pie, fryer grease, marshmallow, pork belly, buffet, thin mints, crisco, coffee, blackened fish.

OK, I'll respond. I'll give you the address to the "free black stuff administration" when you give me my white privilege card.
The rest of your rant is so pitiful that I will not share it with my black friends that I normally send this crap to to bust their balls. Your crap is too insulting, to my black friends.

If your life revolves around some idiot on the radio(Rush), if your reality revolves around your own infatuation with the color of skin, if your existence revolves around the klan, all 14 of them, my friend you need help. Of the psychological kind. How is it that I know lots of black folks that are not only doing well, but as a white guy I share blood with? Yes one of those evil white people that actually has family married to and has children with. And somehow the white folks and the black folks in that union, and their families spend a lot of time together, get along and,oh my goodness, everyone's doing OK. How could this be in your world? How could it be that no one listens to Rush, Hannity even I barely know, heard the name, Jennifer Garner, what in the does she have to do with anything? Howie Long? Football player, right? Samuel L Jackson? Great actor, he has what to do with what?

I'm curious do you ever go back and read your own words? Is there a point? Any coherency? Gilligan's Island? Jabba the Hut? Nanook and yellow snow? Ray and the river rats? Dude, talk to a psychologist, take class on logic, get over your skin color or at least take a writing class. After all, Married With Children, Beyonce and Frank Sinatra. None of them fish with pink shoes.

It's plenty coherent, you just can't face the truth. In this section we have several thousand threads and posts by whites denigrating blacks. No one was bitching until you pussies started getting what you dish out. Now you want to tell me all about those blacks and whites getting along, but you can't say the same things to the whites here when they post their bullshit. So until you can, you can shut the fuck up trying to lecture me.

Not even close.

I fail to see why anyone responds to IM2. He is simply a troll who loves throwing firebombs knowing full well that his posts are lies.

Without anyone rising to his childish bait, he goes away.

InternetTroll-M.jpg

His mantra goes something along the lines: white people throughout history have committed horrible acts and exploited other people like blood sucking vampires, therefore any resentment towards them is justified and that we should just sit down and shut up.

Not my mantra. Maybe it's yours but it's not even close to what I am saying.

I fail to see why anyone responds to IM2. He is simply a troll who loves throwing firebombs knowing full well that his posts are lies.

InternetTroll-M.jpg

You are the troll.

This is where the rubber hits the road folks. For years black leaders intellectuals, business people and activsts have tried in the kindest way possible to explain to whites what the problem is and where it starts. Whites have actively studied racism and the issues sourrounding it have also spoken in the hopes that if other whites won’t listen to blacks due to their racism, they will at least listen to them. Insead the same idiots who get to talk the loudest among a certain part of society are whining about how anti racism means anti white.

In the movie “The Shawshank Redemption,” Andy Dufrane went to the warden after listening to a full testimony by another prisoner who just got transferred into Shawshank who was a cell mate wth the man who committed the murders Andy was given life imprisonment for. Dufrane repeated that testimony to the Warden. Warden Norton knew that Dufrane was telling the truth. Instead of letting Dufrane get a new trial, the Warden started making excuses as to why he could not do it. The driving factor behind ths was the reality that Warden Norton was laundering money and wanted to keep making money doing so. After listening to the myriad excuses from Norton, Dufrane asked the question, “Are you always so obtuse?”

To me this is a perfect analogy to describe the relationship between many in the white community and us as black people. History is documented. There really can be no denial of what has gone on. And yet there are whites who choose to believe that none of these things have any relationship to how and why things are as they are now. Like Norton, they have lived in a system that has afforded them great wealth and do not want it changed. There are whites be they liberal or conservative, who have refused to take a realistic look at the issue of race. It seems people want to solve race based problems without looking at race to solve it. I do not attest to being the smartest most intellectual man. But common sense says that if a system is built on denying specific races access to opportunity, racism is going to be at least part of the reason for the problems that exist due to the exclusion.

We’ve heard all the fake news calling itself thinking outside the box. Unmarried births. Don’t take eduation seriously, rap musc, worship of thug culture, genetic inferiorty, low IQ, making up racism to get paid, the victim mentality, waiting for a handout, government dependence, special rights and more. All this is crap. So let’s step out of the real box, let’s really leave the plantation. I state now that the root cause of the problems blacks face today is due to white racism.
Any person in America has access to opportunities. They may not have the skills or balls go go get them.

Things are definitely harder for people in ghettos than they are for whites in Mayberry. What do you want us to do about it? There are rich whites who do the hiring that don’t like blacks. These are mostly small and medium size corporations. What do you want us to force them to hire blacks? Big corporations have diversity programs. They are trying.

And not every small and medium size company is racist. It is what it is.

So besides that. Are blacks starting their own businesses and supporting other black businesses?

It seems to me like the first thing a black does when they get successful is leave the black community behind.

Leslee jones on snl sang, “people say I forgot where I came from. I tell them I liv3 here because I remember where I came from”

Again your opinion is not supported by fact. We put our tax dollars in the same pot as whites but do not get the same return on our tax dollars. If we did much of the blight affecting black communities would not exist.

For the past 30-40 years citizens in the black community in Chicago have asked for the same thing. In Baltimore they found it more important to improve downtown and the harbor but not the black communities next to them. In Portland Oregon white developers are getting city help to build in black communities using money blacks put in the pot relative to taxes. You consistently think you have something to say that I need to hear because you are white and we all must pay homage to the great white delusion of how they made it in America. You try pawning of that I was oppressed and the truth you weren't. Greeks are white.

This is 2019 and white racism is still strong. That means non whites DO NOT have the same access to opportunity no matter what you believe. You can do something but whites like you don't have the balls. You know other white people are out there practicing racism in employment but are too cowardly to use the legal means available to stop them. Then you want to sit on your white ass calling yourself instructing us then asking what are we going to do about the white racists you know in business who are breaking the law.

No you don’t pay the same taxes. That’s why detroit schools suck. The residents are not paying the same taxes middle class people in the suburbs pay.

I can do something? You said you didn’t want our help.

And you can do something too. Start voting. If you don’t I can’t do shit for ya.

5 rich white guys fixed up downtown Detroit. It’s up to blacks to clean up their surrounding neighborhoods so other companies want to come too.

Do you honestly think Michigan doesn’t want to fix Detroit? Detroit’s white major is a good man. He has tore down many abandoned buildings. He’s doing everything he can. Companies have implemented diversity programs.

I’m not saying you have it as easy as we do. I’m saying there is much you can do yourselves and plenty of opportunity out there.

Also, the same problems you all are having, so are poor and middle class whites. You got it worse no doubt but make no mistake we have more in common now than we do differences. Remember Eddie Murphy dressed up as a white and he found out how great it was to be white? That was an exaggeration

Sealybobo blacks vote . And blacks have worked far harder than whites and have gotten less. We do pay taxes like whites do and if it amounts to less money then it's due to being paid less and our property valued less. And no, poor and middle class whites do not face the same things we do. There are poor ass whites posting racism and white supremacy in this thread.

Now you really need to understand that it's time for whites to listen. I want you to read what I am about to post, then understand that what is shown to you is why Detroit is going through what it is now. And when you take a hard look at who was responsible for these things maybe you will understand why I say white racism is the cause of the problem.

Yes your dollars have made white owned business’ rich. So have mine.

What are y’all gonna do about it?

All of the things you just named. You have recited a bunch of white racist bullshit and you actually think it's true.

How Detroit Became America's Warzone

upload_2019-3-6_22-12-4.png

Detroit’s Bankruptcy Reflects a History of Racism

This is black history month. It is also the month that the Emergency Manager who took political power and control from the mostly African American residents of Detroit has presented his plan to bring the city out of the bankruptcy he steered it into. This is black history in the making, and I hope the nation will pay attention to who wins and who loses from the Emergency Manager’s plan.

Black people are by far the largest racial or ethnic population in Detroit, which has the highest percentage of black residents of any American city with a population over 100,000. Eighty-three percent of the city’s 701,000 residents are black. It continues to be an underreported story that a white state legislature and white governor took over the city and forced it to file for bankruptcy against the will of its elected representatives. It is also underreported that white governors and the white state legislature failed to provide Detroit with its fair share of state tax revenues – a significant contributor to the city’s current financial distress.

Detroit’s bankruptcy plan calls for the near-elimination of the retiree health benefits that city workers earned over the years, as well as drastic cuts in the pensions that retired and current workers have earned and counted on. It is telling, I think, that for the first time since the Michigan constitution was adopted 50 years ago, the governor chose in this case to ignore the Michigan constitution’s guarantee that public employee pension benefits will be paid in full, given that Detroit’s public workforce is majority black and represented by unions that opposed the governor’s election.

It’s important to view what is happening to Detroit and its public employees through a racial lens. The fact that nearly 1.5 million whites left Detroit over the last half century as its African American population grew is the single biggest reason for its current distress. As the wealthier white population left Detroit, the overall population shrank and the city’s tax base shrank, too, leaving Detroit less able to support public schools, public safety, and its huge, geographically spread-out infrastructure. Corrupt mayors or antagonistic mayors are a sideshow compared to the gigantic outmigration of whites that began in the 1950’s and turned Detroit from a wealthy white city into a desperately poor black city.

Whether as cause or effect, the other key factor was the outmigration of manufacturing jobs, a process that began in the late 1940’s as the auto industry disinvested in Detroit in favor of the surrounding suburbs. The Big 3 later stopped investing in Michigan, leaving devastated cities like Flint and Pontiac in favor of the West, the South, Canada, Mexico and, eventually, Asia. But when the auto industry began abandoning Detroit, it had nothing to do with unions. The UAW organized every Big Three auto plant in the U.S. no matter where they were located, so people like Sen. Bob Corker, and columnists George Will, and Robert Samuelson display deep ignorance when they blame the UAW for Detroit’s woes. No American union gets to decide where Big Capital invests.

White Detroiters followed the auto industry out of the city because the good jobs moved there, because land was plentiful in the suburbs, housing and schools were newly built, and because they wanted to get away from their black neighbors and buy homes in the racially segregated suburbs. When overcrowding and an immigration of blacks threatened the racial segregation of Detroit’s neighborhoods, whites picked up and left.

Government was deeply involved in the racial segregation of the Detroit metropolitan area, as it was in the nation. As early as the 1930’s, the Federal Housing Administration’s underwriting manual instructed mortgage lenders to respect racial covenants, and the Federal Home Loan Bank Board sponsored the development of residential security maps that made most minority neighborhoods off-limits for lending. After World War II, when the G.I. Bill gave subsidized mortgages to millions of veterans, the government’s mortgage lending restrictions effectively excluded blacks. The new homes in the white suburban communities around Detroit were built with G.I. bill money that was denied to most blacks.

Government was involved at a more micro level as well. I grew up in all-white Grosse Pointe, one block from the Detroit city limit. The “Pointe system,” which awarded points that individuals needed to qualify as buyers based on their race and religion, was enforced by realtors and civic associations, by violence and threats of violence, and by legal covenants against selling to a non-white. The Pointe system kept black people from purchasing homes in any of the five Grosse Pointe municipalities during most of the 20th century. Other suburban communities, including Dearborn, the home of the Ford Motor Co., were populated along racial lines and maintained their racial segregation through notorious whites-only policies, the use of racial covenants, mob violence ignored by the police, and even the participation of the police and fire departments in harassing anyone who tried to break the color line.

There had been racial tension and confrontations in Detroit since the 1920’s, when the Ku Klux Klan had a powerful presence and “flying squads” of white thugs attacked African American families whenever they bought homes in solidly white neighborhoods. Kevin Boyle’s The Arc of Justice brilliantly describes this period and its violent, tragic racism.

The first great race riot in Detroit occurred in June 1943, leading to the deaths of 34 people, injuries to more than 400 others, and a military occupation to restore order. An influx of black workers from the South into a city with a desperate housing shortage led to friction with white residents and tensions in the workplace. When blacks were allowed to work alongside whites in a Packard defense plant, 25,000 walked off the job in protest. And when blacks tried to move into newly built housing projects, white mobs burned crosses and formed picket lines to keep them out. The riot lasted three days and ended only after 1800 arrests and the arrival of federal troops with armored cars and automatic weapons.[i]

The racism of the 1920’s and 1940’s never abated, and when blacks continued to move to Detroit in large numbers after the war, the white population refused to accept them. In 1940, the city’s black population was 150,000, but by 1960 it had more than tripled, to 480,000. Meanwhile, the white population fell by 290,000, and by another 344,000 in the following decade.

The race riots of 1967 came in the midst of this white outmigration and gave it further impetus. The 1967 riots were even more violent and destructive than the 1943 riot, with 43 people killed and massive amounts of looting and arson. Once again, federal troops had to be called in to restore order.

Since the ’67 riots, white flight from the city has been almost total. The 1970 census showed 838,877 white residents of Detroit. By 2010, only 75,758 remained.

So, why is Detroit bankrupt? Its median household income is about half that of the state of Michigan as a whole, and the median value of its housing is less than half. Its tax base has been decimated, nearly 40 percent of its residents live in households with income below the poverty level, and its unemployment rate is the highest of any of the top 50 cities in the U.S. This did not happen because unionized employees demanded too much; this is what happens to a city with a minority population totally abandoned by its better-off, white population, a process that in Detroit was abetted by federal, state, and local housing policies, urban development and transportation policies, and a culture of racism.

View attachment 249071

This is black history month. It is also the month that the Emergency Manager who took political power and control from the mostly African American residents of Detroit has presented his plan to bring the city out of the bankruptcy he steered it into. This is black history in the making, and I hope the nation will pay attention to who wins and who loses from the Emergency Manager’s plan.

Black people are by far the largest racial or ethnic population in Detroit, which has the highest percentage of black residents of any American city with a population over 100,000. Eighty-three percent of the city’s 701,000 residents are black. It continues to be an underreported story that a white state legislature and white governor took over the city and forced it to file for bankruptcy against the will of its elected representatives. It is also underreported that white governors and the white state legislature failed to provide Detroit with its fair share of state tax revenues – a significant contributor to the city’s current financial distress.

Detroit’s bankruptcy plan calls for the near-elimination of the retiree health benefits that city workers earned over the years, as well as drastic cuts in the pensions that retired and current workers have earned and counted on. It is telling, I think, that for the first time since the Michigan constitution was adopted 50 years ago, the governor chose in this case to ignore the Michigan constitution’s guarantee that public employee pension benefits will be paid in full, given that Detroit’s public workforce is majority black and represented by unions that opposed the governor’s election.

It’s important to view what is happening to Detroit and its public employees through a racial lens. The fact that nearly 1.5 million whites left Detroit over the last half century as its African American population grew is the single biggest reason for its current distress. As the wealthier white population left Detroit, the overall population shrank and the city’s tax base shrank, too, leaving Detroit less able to support public schools, public safety, and its huge, geographically spread-out infrastructure. Corrupt mayors or antagonistic mayors are a sideshow compared to the gigantic outmigration of whites that began in the 1950’s and turned Detroit from a wealthy white city into a desperately poor black city.

Whether as cause or effect, the other key factor was the outmigration of manufacturing jobs, a process that began in the late 1940’s as the auto industry disinvested in Detroit in favor of the surrounding suburbs. The Big 3 later stopped investing in Michigan, leaving devastated cities like Flint and Pontiac in favor of the West, the South, Canada, Mexico and, eventually, Asia. But when the auto industry began abandoning Detroit, it had nothing to do with unions. The UAW organized every Big Three auto plant in the U.S. no matter where they were located, so people like Sen. Bob Corker, and columnists George Will, and Robert Samuelson display deep ignorance when they blame the UAW for Detroit’s woes. No American union gets to decide where Big Capital invests.

White Detroiters followed the auto industry out of the city because the good jobs moved there, because land was plentiful in the suburbs, housing and schools were newly built, and because they wanted to get away from their black neighbors and buy homes in the racially segregated suburbs. When overcrowding and an immigration of blacks threatened the racial segregation of Detroit’s neighborhoods, whites picked up and left.

Government was deeply involved in the racial segregation of the Detroit metropolitan area, as it was in the nation. As early as the 1930’s, the Federal Housing Administration’s underwriting manual instructed mortgage lenders to respect racial covenants, and the Federal Home Loan Bank Board sponsored the development of residential security maps that made most minority neighborhoods off-limits for lending. After World War II, when the G.I. Bill gave subsidized mortgages to millions of veterans, the government’s mortgage lending restrictions effectively excluded blacks. The new homes in the white suburban communities around Detroit were built with G.I. bill money that was denied to most blacks.

Government was involved at a more micro level as well. I grew up in all-white Grosse Pointe, one block from the Detroit city limit. The “Pointe system,” which awarded points that individuals needed to qualify as buyers based on their race and religion, was enforced by realtors and civic associations, by violence and threats of violence, and by legal covenants against selling to a non-white. The Pointe system kept black people from purchasing homes in any of the five Grosse Pointe municipalities during most of the 20th century. Other suburban communities, including Dearborn, the home of the Ford Motor Co., were populated along racial lines and maintained their racial segregation through notorious whites-only policies, the use of racial covenants, mob violence ignored by the police, and even the participation of the police and fire departments in harassing anyone who tried to break the color line.

There had been racial tension and confrontations in Detroit since the 1920’s, when the Ku Klux Klan had a powerful presence and “flying squads” of white thugs attacked African American families whenever they bought homes in solidly white neighborhoods. Kevin Boyle’s The Arc of Justice brilliantly describes this period and its violent, tragic racism.

The first great race riot in Detroit occurred in June 1943, leading to the deaths of 34 people, injuries to more than 400 others, and a military occupation to restore order. An influx of black workers from the South into a city with a desperate housing shortage led to friction with white residents and tensions in the workplace. When blacks were allowed to work alongside whites in a Packard defense plant, 25,000 walked off the job in protest. And when blacks tried to move into newly built housing projects, white mobs burned crosses and formed picket lines to keep them out. The riot lasted three days and ended only after 1800 arrests and the arrival of federal troops with armored cars and automatic weapons.[i]

The racism of the 1920’s and 1940’s never abated, and when blacks continued to move to Detroit in large numbers after the war, the white population refused to accept them. In 1940, the city’s black population was 150,000, but by 1960 it had more than tripled, to 480,000. Meanwhile, the white population fell by 290,000, and by another 344,000 in the following decade.

The race riots of 1967 came in the midst of this white outmigration and gave it further impetus. The 1967 riots were even more violent and destructive than the 1943 riot, with 43 people killed and massive amounts of looting and arson. Once again, federal troops had to be called in to restore order.

Since the ’67 riots, white flight from the city has been almost total. The 1970 census showed 838,877 white residents of Detroit. By 2010, only 75,758 remained.

So, why is Detroit bankrupt? Its median household income is about half that of the state of Michigan as a whole, and the median value of its housing is less than half. Its tax base has been decimated, nearly 40 percent of its residents live in households with income below the poverty level, and its unemployment rate is the highest of any of the top 50 cities in the U.S. This did not happen because unionized employees demanded too much; this is what happens to a city with a minority population totally abandoned by its better-off, white population, a process that in Detroit was abetted by federal, state, and local housing policies, urban development and transportation policies, and a culture of racism.

Ok so blacks migrate into a white community, tensions arise. Whites leave, blacks turn community into a toilet. That's white people's fault, why?

InternetTroll-M.jpg
I fail to see why anyone responds to IM2.
Considering what you stated...

I fail to see a difference with,
addressing IM2, indirectly
and responding to IM2, directly

I fail to see why you do
He is simply a troll who loves throwing firebombs knowing full well that his posts are lies.
That would explain the graphic
Without anyone rising to his childish bait, he goes away
Come on now, didn’t you address IM2
and bait him, indirectly...to me you did

View attachment 249071

Ok so blacks migrate into a white community, tensions arise. Whites leave, blacks turn community into a toilet. That's white people's fault, why?

Apparently you can't read so....

View attachment 249071

Apparently you only bold text the parts that support your narrative.

Corrupt mayors or antagonistic mayors are a sideshow compared to the gigantic outmigration of whites that began in the 1950’s and turned Detroit from a wealthy white city into a desperately poor black city.

ALL RISE CLASS IN SESSION!

upload_2019-3-7_0-33-23.png

Richard Rothstein

Distinguished Fellow

rothstein-headshot.jpg.180x270

High-resolution
Biography
Richard Rothstein is a Distinguished Fellow of the Economic Policy Institute and a Senior Fellow, emeritus, at the Thurgood Marshall Institute of the NAACP Legal Defense Fund and of the Haas Institute at the University of California (Berkeley).

Topic : From Ferguson to Baltimore: The Fruits of Government-Sponsored Segregation

In Baltimore in 1910, a black Yale law school graduate purchased a home in a previously all-white neighborhood.

Thus began a century of federal, state, and local policies to quarantine Baltimore’s black population in isolated slums—policies that continue to the present day, as federal housing subsidy policies still disproportionately direct low-income black families to segregated neighborhoods and away from middle class suburbs.

When the Kerner Commission blamed “white society” and “white institutions,” it employed euphemisms to avoid naming the culprits everyone knew at the time. It was not a vague white society that created ghettos but government—federal, state, and local—that employed explicitly racial laws, policies, and regulations to ensure that black Americans would live impoverished, and separately from whites. Baltimore’s ghetto was not created by private discrimination, income differences, personal preferences, or demographic trends, but by purposeful action of government in violation of the Fifth, Thirteenth, and Fourteenth Amendments.

Ten years ago, during the subprime lending boom, banks and other financial institutions targeted African Americans for the marketing of subprime loans. The loans had exploding interest rates and prohibitive prepayment penalties, leading to a wave of foreclosures that forced black homeowners back into ghetto apartments and devastated the middle class neighborhoods to which these families had moved. The City of Baltimore sued Wells Fargo Bank, presenting evidence that the bank had established a special unit staffed exclusively by African American bank employees who were instructed to visit black churches to market subprime loans. The bank had no similar practice of marketing such loans through white institutions.

Baltimore, not at all uniquely, has experienced a century of public policy designed, consciously so, to segregate and impoverish its black population.

From Ferguson to Baltimore: The Fruits of Government-Sponsored Segregation

th

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-6_23-58-36.png
    upload_2019-3-6_23-58-36.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

View attachment 249071

Apparently you only bold text the parts that support your narrative.

Corrupt mayors or antagonistic mayors are a sideshow compared to the gigantic outmigration of whites that began in the 1950’s and turned Detroit from a wealthy white city into a desperately poor black city.

No the facts stated in the article says that corrupt mayors really had little to do with this. You post that because it supports YOUR narrative.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back