THis is why it is hard to argue with the left anymore

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
You don't facts to make an accusation but you do need them to prove your accusation is true so people ought to stop acting like Trump can't make an accusation because he has not provided any facts at this point. When he wants to prove his accusation is TRUE then you can ask him for facts but you don't need facts to make an accusation. I would think that people would know the difference at this point but since we are dealing with people who don't know shit about the difference between true and false then this is what we have to deal with.

You don't facts to make an accusation but you do need them to prove your accusation is true so people ought to stop acting like Trump can't make an accusation because he has not provided any facts at this point. When he wants to prove his accusation is TRUE then you can ask him for facts but you don't need facts to make an accusation. I would think that people would know the difference at this point but since we are dealing with people who don't know shit about the difference between true and false then this is what we have to deal with.
Well, it might be helpful if Trump would at least tell us what in hell he's talking about. He's the one who apparently doesn't know shit about anything, getting confused after listening to a Breitbart discussion and going off half cocked when he has the entire government at his disposal to get those facts first.
He is the President and he is making very serious accusations about the previous President. Facts are expected.

There are so many problems with your logic and understanding in the above statement that I don't know where to begin.

I think that instead of approaching this with a response going through why exactly what you wrote isn't reality-based, I'll just point out that what you have done is some very obvious mental gymnastics to avoid cognitive dissonance.

• Banned

There are so many problems with your logic and understanding in the above statement that I don't know where to begin.

I think that instead of approaching this with a response going through why exactly what you wrote isn't reality-based, I'll just point out that what you have done is some very obvious mental gymnastics to avoid cognitive dissonance.

I said to make an accusation you don't necessarily need evidence. When someone makes an accusation it is usually because the suspect someone has done something wrong. They may not have the evidence to prove it yet. This is why the police start off with a suspect that they think is guilty. Now they can't go into court based on their suspicion of this person ALONE which is why they get facts to PROVE their accusation. Do you see the difference?

It looks as though you have proven his point.

He is the President and he is making very serious accusations about the previous President. Facts are expected.
Yeah. To me, this part of the story has been under-reported.

This is a sitting President making a very serious accusation about a former President. Has something like this happened before?

I realize we're not supposed to take Trump literally (?), but doesn't he at least possess an intellectual grasp of the historical gravity of his accusation?

Sure, to him it's just another stream-of-consciousness "tweet". But is he forgetting the office he occupies?

This is a sitting President making a very serious accusation about a former President. Has something like this happened before?

I realize we're not supposed to take Trump literally (?), but doesn't he at least possess an intellectual grasp of the historical gravity of his accusation?

Sure, to him it's just another stream-of-consciousness "tweet". But is he forgetting the office he occupies?
When I worked in the prison, we used to call guys like you "jail house lawyers".

When I worked in the prison, we used to call guys like you "jail house lawyers".
I can always tell when I've made a good point.

Someone will come along, avoid what I've actually said, and say something about me personally.

I really am The Man!

I wub me.

:p

Someone will come along, avoid what I've actually said, and say something about me personally.

I really am The Man!

I wub me.

Or alternatively, you have been shown why your point is baseless.

I really am The Man!

I wub me.

Or alternatively, you have been shown why your point is baseless.
Wouldn't the point actually have to be addressed in some way for anything to be shown?

You understand all the normal people saw that as you projecting the way you debate, right?

I mean, look at you. Trump tweets, and you believe it instantly and absolutely, even though the story is completely absurd, and even though there's zero evidence to support it.

That's why it's so hard to debate anyone on the right. You all think that evidence isn't required, and reality is defined purely by your feelings.

In contrast, look at the left. We act the opposite way. We say there's some evidence, but there needs to be more to take action, so more investigation is needed.

Wouldn't the point actually have to be addressed in some way for anything to be shown?

Seeing how you have no idea as to what is really going on with all of this, I don't see that you have a point. None of us here on this forum knows what really happened, all we know are the accusations that are flowing like crazy. Personally I think a good point and position would be to wait until some fact comes out that has been proven instead of playing jail house lawyer with know nothings on the internet.

What's interesting is that it's these same people who for decades have made endless accusations without any facts. But now that Trump is doing the exact same thing to them.... they can't handle it.

I said to make an accusation you don't necessarily need evidence. When someone makes an accusation it is usually because the suspect someone has done something wrong. They may not have the evidence to prove it yet. This is why the police start off with a suspect that they think is guilty. Now they can't go into court based on their suspicion of this person ALONE which is why they get facts to PROVE their accusation. Do you see the difference?

Considering the office and the high profile of the American President, to avoid looking like a lunatic or partisan hack or child, you'd need at least ONE fact to make an accusation: the fact that something happened at all.

What Trump has done with his tweet is just the same as if he'd accused Obama of actually being Oprah with a disguise on, or of Obama actually being born in Kenya instead of Hawaii, or any other baseless and unsubstantiated claim that has no basis in reality.

For Trump to accuse Obama of wiretapping Trump Tower he'd need to know that Trump Tower had been wiretapped in the first place. Has it?

If so, was it actually Obama who had it wiretapped? If it was Obama who ordered the wiretap, which he doesn't have the authority to do - but let's play your game - was the wiretap done legally? If not, how do you or anyone on the right know it's an illegal wiretap?

If it isn't self-evident why what he wrote and what you wrote are not based on good logic or an understanding of reality, then there really isn't any way for me to make it clearer to you.

If it isn't self-evident why what he wrote and what you wrote are not based on good logic or an understanding of reality, then there really isn't any way for me to make it clearer to you.
You've cut it off three times, and it's still too short.

It's not hard to come up with a logical argument to most of the left's crazy shit. The problem is getting the left to argue. Once they post their left wing talking points for the day and photo shop their inane little cartoon show they are done.

Forum List

Back