This is why our country is going down hill...

All expressions of religion, no matter how trivial or tenuous must be stamped out and punished. Even if they weren't really expressions of religion, but might, in the mind of the offended be construed as religious it must be stamped out and punished.

All expressions of religion, no matter how trivial or tenuous must be stamped out and punished. Even if they weren't really expressions of religion, but might, in the mind of the offended be construed as religious it must be stamped out and punished.

I would bet anything, if this was a muslim student NOTHING would have been a whole different story

then why dis the atheists have to fight in court to be able to do what the christains are allowed to do?

Track team disqualified for act of praise deemed "excessive" - KWCH

Who ever made this rule should be fired. He was NOT taunting the other team he was just thanking god he won. There is a difference!!!

After winning the race, the runner pointed to the sky. The gesture was ruled "excessive celebration," which is against the rules.

The biggest problem I see with this is that the penalty does not come close to fitting the crime. In football, a team that celebrates too much gets a 15 yard penalty. Generally, that will not affect the outcome of the game. In this case, the team who won is disqualified and does not get to advance, since this was a qualifying meet.

It seems to me that winning this High School track meet is only slightly more prestigious as Obama winning a Nobel Peace prize right before he attacked Pakistani children with drone aircraft. If I was on the disqualified team, I really wouldn't care too much about it.

Who ever made this rule should be fired. He was NOT taunting the other team he was just thanking god he won. There is a difference!!!

After winning the race, the runner pointed to the sky. The gesture was ruled "excessive celebration," which is against the rules.

The biggest problem I see with this is that the penalty does not come close to fitting the crime. In football, a team that celebrates too much gets a 15 yard penalty. Generally, that will not affect the outcome of the game. In this case, the team who won is disqualified and does not get to advance, since this was a qualifying meet.

So much for the First Amendment. Or does the constitution not apply to sports anymore?

I bet if Title IX was repealed, you'd cry bloody murder. Grow a freaking pair.

It does not appear the athlete did taunt the other team, but in all seriousness, what is the problem with taunting the other team?

While good sportsmanship is probably a reasonable ideal, when did that become law?

Yes, because we live in the land of the unfree, and downtrodden. :evil:

"Employment rose faster than expected in April and hiring was much stronger than previously thought in the prior two months, a sign of resilience that should help the economy bear the blow from belt-tightening in Washington.

Investors on Wall Street cheered the data, which beat economists' expectations for a 145,000 jobs gain and a steady 7.6 percent reading on the unemployment rate.

U.S. stocks jumped, with the Standard & Poor's 500 index and the Dow Jones industrial average rising to intraday record highs. The dollar rallied against the yen, while Treasury debt prices fell."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBNxGZP49ls]APPLAUSE VIDEO - YouTube[/ame]

president_barack_obama_relaxing_main_a.jpg

I would bet anything, if this was a muslim student NOTHING would have been a whole different story

Very true. Obama would have called and congratulated him on his courage.

It seems to me that winning this High School track meet is only slightly more prestigious as Obama winning a Nobel Peace prize right before he attacked Pakistani children with drone aircraft. If I was on the disqualified team, I really wouldn't care too much about it.

Yeah.....but, you're (obviously) a "conservative".

You're USED to GETTING YOUR ASS KICKED!!!

532.gif
528.gif

Very true. Obama would have called and congratulated him on his courage.

:cuckoo:

Without hearing from the officials, it appears to be a pretty dumb call. Just pointing up to the sky, or was it something more?

Oh how is a dumb calls like that a reason for our country to be going down?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back