This is why we need to tax the wealthy

lol you idiots didn’t even know what the revenue of percentage of GDP was until I educated you all on the manner. The salient point you are ignoring is that the lower it gets, the worse the deficit is affected.

lying sack of human feces. I’ve posted on the historical fact of GOVT revenue as percentage of GDP repeatedly. You’re like a grade school kid on this entire subject. Get off the boards, you embarrass youself. What a dolt.

They end up bloated and the rest screwed - like NOW Happens every time. Ask an economist why lol...

Explain specifically how a flat tax is better for the rich. Keep in mind, according to the current Democratic mantra, the rich don’t pay their fair share of federal income taxes, implying they don’t pay as high of a percentage, on average, as those making less than them.

As for economists, I trust most them as far as I can throw them. Most of them are too caught up in textbooks to be in touch with reality. The majority predicted transitory inflation. The majority believe that Trump putting a tariff of Chinese goods is really just a tax on consumers that buy these goods but, somehow, magically, raising corporate taxes doesn’t have the same effect on the price of goods.

Most of the ones touting this stuff are in academia. Politics, not logic or facts, drive their opinions. Like our current liberal SCJ’s, they have an agenda and they will twist the facts and the laws to suit that agenda. They aren’t interested in validating anything that doesn’t align with their ideology.

1706543677052.png

No matter where the Top Tax rate is (even 90%) the GOVT has not been able to Confiscate more than 20% of GDP. francoHFW Billy000 screaming TAX the RICH can try to figure this out. That is 70 years of Congress setting tax policy right there. They cannot get revenue much higher than 20%. Hard to argue with it Frankie.

Last edited:
View attachment 894684

No matter where the Top Tax rate is (even 90%) the GOVT has not been able to Confiscate more than 20% of GDP. francoHFW Billy000 screaming TAX the RICH can try to figure this out. That is 70 years of Congress setting tax policy right there. They cannot get revenue higher than 20%. Hard to argue with it Frankie.
Puts an exclamation point on the Laffer Curve.

Explain specifically how a flat tax is better for the rich. Keep in mind, according to the current Democratic mantra, the rich don’t pay their fair share of federal income taxes, implying they don’t pay as high of a percentage, on average, as those making less than them.

As for economists, I trust most them as far as I can throw them. Most of them are too caught up in textbooks to be in touch with reality. The majority predicted transitory inflation. The majority believe that Trump putting a tariff of Chinese goods is really just a tax on consumers that buy these goods but, somehow, magically, raising corporate taxes doesn’t have the same effect on the price of goods.

Most of the ones touting this stuff are in academia. Politics, not logic or facts, drive their opinions. Like our current liberal SCJ’s, they have an agenda and they will twist the facts and the laws to suit that agenda. They aren’t interested in validating anything that doesn’t align with their ideology.
Flat tax is huge giveaway too the rich. Every time.

Flat tax is huge giveaway too the rich. Every time.

Right. If you buy a $100Million dollar home they would pay $10million tax (10% Flat Tax). That sure is some "giveaway to the rich". That is more taxes than you and everyone that would ever look at you would pay in a lifetime.

The rich buy homes, boats, cars just like you do. Do you think they just sit home and weigh Gold bars in the saferoom? Somebodies are buying something out there.

Right. If you buy a $100Million dollar home they would pay $10million tax (10% Flat Tax). That sure is some "giveaway to the rich". That is more taxes than you and everyone that would ever look at you would pay in a lifetime.

The rich buy homes, boats, cars just like you do. Do you think they just sit home and weigh Gold bars in the saferoom? Somebodies are buying something out there.

Google it, I'm not your mother ..reasons for progressive tax
How is it a progressive tax if nearly half the workers pay no Federal Income Tax? Shouldn't everyone pay something? Then everyone is concerned that spending will cause their portion to increase.

Largess.jpg

Forum List

Back