This is your moment, Mr. President

There has never been an American President with the background, the capacity, the experience and the skill set to take race head on like you, President Obama. Not even close, not within a million miles.

This country needs a leader who can step forward, and with calm and compassion and legitimacy, inspire Americans on all sides of this to look in the mirror and commit to cleaning their own house. You're the obvious person to do this.

This would mean some significant political risk, no doubt about it. Part of this would mean challenging a key Democratic constituency in a way it has never been challenged before.

This isn't about ability. You have that. The question is whether you can ignore the political implications.

It would be the most important and valuable legacy you could possibly leave.

Such a wonderful opportunity before him to do something major for race relations. Instead, he opted to increase tensions by feeding the anger and continuing to push the false narrative that blacks are under attack and need to stay on the offensive.
What did our president do to raise racial tensions?

What would you have preferred he say?

There are two million Muslims in America. As a whole, they have a lower crime rate than most Americans

Republicans generate fear and hatred of your Muslim neighbors. Watch out for them, don't trust them, keep them out of our country

That sounds like statistical bullshit.

This is about the least horrible picture I could post.

170413boston.jpg
Good job

Republican fear mongering about two million Muslims over the actions of two

Can we talk about conservatives and Tim McVeigh?
You are full of shit.

It is not the two million Muslims. It is the few who want 72 virgins, gay, straight, or transexual, who are killing in the name of Allah.

When they stop killing in the name of the brown sky pixey, (JoeDirt), are you paying attention? Then we will stop wanting them vetted and will stop profiling them instead of your 80 year old grandmother.
The problem is when Republicans want to take punitive actions against two million Muslims based on the actions of a few

No one has suggested punitive actions.

I am more likely to be killed by a gang banger than by a Muslim terrorist

ONe danger being less than another, is not a justification for needlessly exposing yourself and others to the "lesser" danger.
It shows Republican fear mongering is baseless and dangerous

That sounds like statistical bullshit.

This is about the least horrible picture I could post.

170413boston.jpg
Good job

You are full of shit.

It is not the two million Muslims. It is the few who want 72 virgins, gay, straight, or transexual, who are killing in the name of Allah.

When they stop killing in the name of the brown sky pixey, (JoeDirt), are you paying attention? Then we will stop wanting them vetted and will stop profiling them instead of your 80 year old grandmother.
The problem is when Republicans want to take punitive actions against two million Muslims based on the actions of a few

ONe danger being less than another, is not a justification for needlessly exposing yourself and others to the "lesser" danger.

No, it does not.

One danger being less than another, does not make the "lesser" danger any less dangerous, or make avoiding that "lesser" danger any less of a good idea.

For instance, Say you are talking to a smoker. A very dangerous habit.

Should the fact he smokes, lead you to recommend that he NOT test his house for Radon?

ON the other hand, ridiculing and smearing the Republicans, that is a great way to win elections.

Have you ever considered the cost of falsely accusing people of racism?

You are dreaming.
Could be. It wouldn't be the first time.

But tell me this: Let's say he did what I suggest, he comes out and nails it. Would you feel an obligation to challenge yourself and people on your side of the spectrum to look inward, clean your own house, stop pointing fingers until there is no fault from the Right?

I'm not getting personal here. I'm just being general.

NO.

THe failure of the Left and the President, does not mean that there is an equal and opposite failure on our part on the Right.
Do you feel, then, that there's nothing the Right can do to improve its behaviors regarding race and race relations?

Earlier in this thread it was said that racism is a myth (and I mean the regular white-on-black form). Would you agree with that?

I feel that if we try to address the subject of Race in politics, and we try to make it a "bi-partisan" solution that that "muddle the waters", and hide the fact that the VAST MAJORITY of that problem is on the Left.

And we will end up NOT making any progress.

The Right is NOT using Race EVERY SINGLE DAY to inflame it's base(s).

The RIGHT is NOT using Race EVERY SINGLE DAY to unjustly smear it's enemies.

The RIGHT does NOT have a RACE BASED PLAN FOR A DEFACTO ONE PARTY STATE.

THat is all the LEFT and that is what is tearing this nation apart.

What on the right is worthy of being mentioned in the same thread as the above points?

SOme supposed "Code Words"? lol!!!
Okay, but what I mean is this. I'm just focusing on the Right: Is there anything the Right side of the spectrum needs to do to clean its own house regarding racism? Does racism still exist, and if so, what can the Right do internally to fix its side of it?

My point remains this: Before real progress can be made, both ends of the spectrum have work to do on themselves BEFORE any kind of cooperation is even ATTEMPTED. Do you agree with that, and if so, what needs to be done by conservatives?

Okay?

Hack.

The upshot of this thread appears to be that nonwhites are bad.

Says the race baiter.
You don't agree with my statement? Your posts indicate otherwise.

Nothing I posted indicates that.

You are confused by your preconceived assumptions.

Try reading WHAT I ACTUALLY SAY, without listening to the footnotes the voices in your head offer.
You could start by answering my question.
Or this one: why do black people think they are targeted by the police?

The upshot of this thread appears to be that nonwhites are bad.

Says the race baiter.
You don't agree with my statement? Your posts indicate otherwise.

Nothing I posted indicates that.

You are confused by your preconceived assumptions.

Try reading WHAT I ACTUALLY SAY, without listening to the footnotes the voices in your head offer.
You could start by answering my question.
...?

What question did I not answer? (from your previous posts I responded to)

Good job

You are full of shit.

No, it does not.

One danger being less than another, does not make the "lesser" danger any less dangerous, or make avoiding that "lesser" danger any less of a good idea.

Should the fact he smokes, lead you to recommend that he NOT test his house for Radon?

ON the other hand, ridiculing and smearing the Republicans, that is a great way to win elections.

When I accuse Republicans of racism, I need not worry about false accusations

You are full of shit.

No, it does not.

Considering the abandon you show with throwing around such personal attacks, that is an asinine lie.

Are you purposefully tearing this nation apart, or do you just considering that an acceptable side effect?

No, it does not.

Considering the abandon you show with throwing around such personal attacks, that is an asinine lie.

Are you purposefully tearing this nation apart, or do you just considering that an acceptable side effect?
Odd logic on your part

Republican racism is pulling the country apart......calling them on their racist and bigoted positions is not

The Republicans don't have to "drum up" fear of Muslims. The Muslims do that when they randomly murder US.

Guy, in the last 10 years, about 100 Americans in the US were killed by "Muslims". By comparison, about 45 Americans a year die from dog bites. You don't see anyone declaring a war on dogs.

The Republicans don't have to "drum up" fear of Hispanics. The effect unlimited cheap Third World labor has on the paychecks of the Working and Middle Class does that.

Right. Because clearly your boss wouldn't keep trying to cheat you out of a job you wouldn't want to do, anyway.

THe fact that just about everyone on the Left, and most politicians on the RIght are committed to a policy of pretending these dangers do not exist means that only Trump WILL protect US.

If the country has a collective brain fart and elects the Orange Nazi Hairpiece, he'll probably get impeached within six months.

Do you ever stop to think how much it pisses off Republicans to be accused of being racist or motivated by racism when they know DAMN well that they are not?

YOu are tearing this country apart.

No, honestly I don't. I think there are some Republicans who aren't racist but they tolerate the ones who are. And the election of Obama has made you all kind of crazy, obviously.

Trump is just the last terminal stage of Obama Derangement Syndrome.

Harassment is not justified because the reason for the hatred is one of choice.

You are justifying hate, and attacking me for being against Harassment.

You are a hate filled bigot.

You superstition of choice has been responsible for witch burnings, crusades, the abuse of children, suppression of science, holy wars and a lot of other stuff that frankly has been bad for people.

I have no problem calling you on it.

There has never been an American President with the background, the capacity, the experience and the skill set to take race head on like you, President Obama. Not even close, not within a million miles.

This country needs a leader who can step forward, and with calm and compassion and legitimacy, inspire Americans on all sides of this to look in the mirror and commit to cleaning their own house. You're the obvious person to do this.

This would mean some significant political risk, no doubt about it. Part of this would mean challenging a key Democratic constituency in a way it has never been challenged before.

This isn't about ability. You have that. The question is whether you can ignore the political implications.

It would be the most important and valuable legacy you could possibly leave.
OH MY GOD Mac... you've made the kenyan sound like he's much more than he is. It's pathetic, bro.

He's a common dog turd, a community organizer, an agitator, a muslim, a liar and a racist cock sucker.

For you to even think he could step up and be something more than what he is incredibly ignorant... sorry bro.

I know PLENTY of cops.... probably more than you. NONE of the ones I know are racist in the least. But then... I'm not a lying ass liberal HACK with an agenda! I bet that makes ALL the difference.

Guy, when you get on here every day talking about "those people', I kind of find your protestation of "I'm not racist and neither are my cop buddies" kind of dubious.

That STATISTICS tell another story, that you are more likely to be arrested or killed by police based on your race.

HEY JOE.... The DNC called and said to tell you SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE! You just showed everyone a graph illustrating the result of policies from a Democrat Senate, House and White House in FULL control of government! Are you claiming the Democrat Party is RACIST? (I mean, I agree they are, but I didn't expect you to say it!)

Not at all. I'm showing that the stats were bad before Bush crashed the economy and they got worse AFTER Bush crashed the economy.

Point is, you made a claim that College Educated Blacks do just as good as College educated whites. I proved that claim was a lie. Even with a college education, you are more likely to be unemployed if you aren't white.

You lied. Man up and admit it.

Hey, want a tasty snack?

Here you go.

BTW, two, just two, of the m&ms are instead of delicious candy coated chocolate, are actually deadly poison.

Sooooo, how many m&ms are you going to eat?

so when crazy rednecks shoot up a place, how come you don't apply that logic to them?

Here's the real problem. It isn't that blacks or Muslims or Bubba Rednecks are all bad people.. most of them aren't. The problem is the small ones who are can get ahold of guns.

Forum List

Back