🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

This Just In Biden Plan To Send Money To Illegals Is CANCELLED

Biden signed a law to increase the debt limit.
I don't understand why all this coquetry? They would have abolished the ceiling for the national debt altogether and happiness would have come upon them.
And then the national debt could be canceled. It didn't exist and that's it!
The National Debt is our money that Congress stole from us.

What a load of horse shit. She entered our country illegally and brought her kid with her. She's the dummy and I doubt anyone would feel sympathy for a dummy like her.

Yes, we realize that you guys have no compassion for brown people.

Wow what a tool you are.
Obama separated more families at the border than any President before him.

Sure he did.

He deported more than any other President before him.
The subject isn't deportation.. it's family separations.

Trump?
Honestly how do you look at yourself in the mirror with such a depth of hypocrisy and looking the other way?

Because Trump made racism the center of his campaign. Obama tried to trade stricter enforcement for actual immigration reform. Yes, he deported more of the bad actors, but he also created DACA.

It was his administration that handed over untold number of children right into the hands of child traffickers because they didn't even do the most basic vetting to see the organization was a front for child work slaves.
And then you went to crazy town...

Sure he did.

Because Trump made racism the center of his campaign. Obama tried to trade stricter enforcement for actual immigration reform. Yes, he deported more of the bad actors, but he also created DACA.

you and a bunch of assholes made racism the center of just about everything.

Sure he did.

No, we (and legal immigrants as well) don’t like ILLEGALS coming here. Obama certainly did put kids in cages and separate families. That was HIS policy. But a racist like you makes race the center of everything. Even when it isn’t there.

It's easy to get emotional. this would be a good cause for it. but we can't put laws aside because people choose to try and go around them.
When many families were being separated at the border, wasn’t this during the time when many questions arose about whether the kids were being used as pawns and some found to have been trafficked or kidnapped? Reportedly around that time, it was a valid concern from “all sides” of LSM entertainment before news fiasco as well as reported by legit sources outside of lamestream.

Ya see... right there is your fucking problem Joe.
You are uninformed... Obama handing kids directly into the hands of child traffickers is "crazy town"??
Yeah?.... well here you go:

The fact you don't know this is shameful.
You should know. But you are a sheep. You only know what CNN and crowd tells you.
Ask yourself - what if Trump did this?? You think CNN would have reported on it???
Now let's see how you handle knowing this information.
Will you run from it? Will you excuse it away?
Yes.
You will.

I've already said that I feel bad for the kids, but blaming Trump because their parents screwed up and broke the law is crossing the line in my book.
Disagree. The parents are one thing. But WE chose to implement a brutal policy designed to punish the parents by abusing the kids. And that is wrong in my book, no matter how you slice and dice it. There are other ways of handling it.

When many families were being separated at the border, wasn’t this during the time when many questions arose about whether the kids were being used as pawns and some found to have been trafficked or kidnapped? Reportedly around that time, it was a valid concern from “all sides” of LSM entertainment before news fiasco as well as reported by legit sources outside of lamestream.
That excuse actually came later. The stated intent of the policy was to act as a deterrent by taking their children. Human trafficking is always a concern and border agents a trained to look for it. You don"t need take every child, even onfants, from their parents.

That excuse actually came later. The stated intent of the policy was to act as a deterrent by taking their children. Human trafficking is always a concern and border agents a trained to look for it. You don"t need take every child, even onfants, from their parents.
Yes you do. At least temporarily.
Many of these kids are used in trafficking at the people they are with are merely posing as their parents.
Jesus Christ.
According to UNICEF, trafficking in America has increased 25% after 2018 due to the increased illegal border crossings since then.
That is a higher priority than some pretend it all away plan to virtue signal about and not separate "families" and that number continues to rise.
Separating the children is part of protecting them. We have no way of knowing who is a parent, and who is only pretending to be.

I quickly reviewed a couple of articles about 2016 to catch back up. I have never supported separation of families at the border, outside of any time there might be a concern for a trafficking situation. It’s happening daily, by the hour and not just southern border.

Family detention centers are still a dismal situation for most families (sadly, could be considered luxurious living for a few). This is what Trump/Sessions moved to after intentionally separating them as harsh deterrent. That’s a time that warranted constant domestic media attention without spins. The media attention seemed to be a little negligent during both Bush and Obama‘s family detention centers, but that’s my own opinion. Not a fan of either conditions for kids. Another factor was they had a 2015 court case limit the number of days children could be held in detention facilities. With the backlog of hearings alone, it wasn’t and still isn’t possible to have a immigration court date until several months at best. Due to having 1.5 million cases for asylum this will not improve any time soon.

To publicly announce that the borders are open to all who want to come was a huge lie. A pipe dream on paper doesn’t work. The message should have been consistent and that was a major mistake. Going from Trump’s message, “The US is accepting zero migrants at this time” to Biden’s handlers public announcement that, “It’s a new day! The US southern border is now open to migrants!” Wrong and sad on so many levels. False hope and pulling out the plastic from under their feet, after months of walking. Almost as bad as separating families for 60 days, or perhaps much worse looking at the bigger picture with the numbers of adults/children involved and long-term outcomes for these impoverished families.

The thing is I'm not sure if I believe them or if this is just too good to be true. Thoughts and opinions?

Paying people who broke the laws was a bad thing and aroused some serious anger in those of us who do not break any laws and proposing a half a million dollars for lawbreakers was divisive to this country to put it mildly. Causing immigrants from 130 different countries without testing for serious and contagious diseases should never, ever be done again, and threatening Americans who are allergic to virus shots are being singled by the same federal government that allowed one million illegal immigrants to enter sans testing for known strains of covid. Putting lawbreakers in luxury hotels instead of setting up entrance days was a deleterious strap against the middle class who can't hardly put their own children through college. These serious misuses of power by unfeeling, power-mongering politicians must end. We must not encourage any nanny services in government and get the workforce a boost by keeping jobs in this country. Strictly business should be the focus of government, and not giving freebies out to criminal lawbreakers, nor punishing taxpayers in a state that did not vote for the sitting president is irresponsible abuse of power. No more lunatic assylum decisions. Cease and desist the puerile decisions. If Washington doesn't clean up its act soon the devisiveness will end freedoms and yoke us to getting our areas out from under the punitive tricks that raise taxes the people should not even have to pay that began in second decade of the twentieth century to pay for WWI which was basically an old world fracas that was so harsh on Germany that Germans fell for insideous and divisive actions of genocidal extremism in the upcoming decades.

Y'all have a blessed evening and a really good Christmas. Worked hard today on Spanish lessons among a serious cleaning of puppy's contributions to the brick floors. So I'm rather tired. Hope we can work harder on remembering and practicing the brotherly love Benjamin Franklin fondly spoke of. :huddle:

I quickly reviewed a couple of articles about 2016 to catch back up. I have never supported separation of families at the border, outside of any time there might be a concern for a trafficking situation. It’s happening daily, by the hour and not just southern border.

Family detention centers are still a dismal situation for most families (sadly, could be considered luxurious living for a few). This is what Trump/Sessions moved to after intentionally separating them as harsh deterrent. That’s a time that warranted constant domestic media attention without spins. The media attention seemed to be a little negligent during both Bush and Obama‘s family detention centers, but that’s my own opinion. Not a fan of either conditions for kids. Another factor was they had a 2015 court case limit the number of days children could be held in detention facilities. With the backlog of hearings alone, it wasn’t and still isn’t possible to have a immigration court date until several months at best. Due to having 1.5 million cases for asylum this will not improve any time soon.

To publicly announce that the borders are open to all who want to come was a huge lie. A pipe dream on paper doesn’t work. The message should have been consistent and that was a major mistake. Going from Trump’s message, “The US is accepting zero migrants at this time” to Biden’s handlers public announcement that, “It’s a new day! The US southern border is now open to migrants!” Wrong and sad on so many levels. False hope and pulling out the plastic from under their feet, after months of walking. Almost as bad as separating families for 60 days, or perhaps much worse looking at the bigger picture with the numbers of adults/children involved and long-term outcomes for these impoverished families.
I don’t agree totally that what Biden did was worse, and he did subsequently reverse his statement. Those people were coming regardless, they had nothing left to lose where they were coming from. Despite harsh policies illegal immigration did not really decrease and actually surged in 2019. Studies have shown that children can weather really adverse conditions if they are with their families. Separating them greatly increased the long term effects of trauma.

What is frustrating is people talk as if there are only two choices, wide open borders or militarized borders. There is a lot of space of space in between. The issue imo, is less the volume of immigrants trying to get in than the fact we have an underfunded, undermanned antiquated immigration system. People should be able to get a hearing and a decision within a month at least, not 6 months and counting.

I don’t agree totally that what Biden did was worse, and he did subsequently reverse his statement. Those people were coming regardless, they had nothing left to lose where they were coming from. Despite harsh policies illegal immigration did not really decrease and actually surged in 2019. Studies have shown that children can weather really adverse conditions if they are with their families. Separating them greatly increased the long term effects of trauma.

What is frustrating is people talk as if there are only two choices, wide open borders or militarized borders. There is a lot of space of space in between. The issue imo, is less the volume of immigrants trying to get in than the fact we have an underfunded, undermanned antiquated immigration system. People should be able to get a hearing and a decision within a month at least, not 6 months and counting.
Nope the problem is catch and release and then they never show for court dates. That was before Trump. Then during Trump the Leftists coached the migrants to not avoid border patrol but to line up at ports of entry and claim refugee status and demand to fill out applications. This end around was brand new. Biden begged them to come to the border.

I agree about the lack of judges assigned to immigration courts is lacking, but the bulk is beyond even say, quadrupling the number of judges. I am not saying it’s an impossible task, but close. It does seem like other agencies could help with the workload for the courts to expedite the process, but why isn’t it happening? What is the plan to increase the capacity or is there even a plan to do so?

It is unreasonable to expect legitimate asylum-seekers to hang around the border for a year to 18 months to have a court date. At the same time, it’s unreasonable to continue any form of catch and release in which many (I have forgotten the stat but it’s high) don’t show up for their court dates, certainly not those with criminal intent.

The mammoth-sized bulk of migrants has completely overwhelmed the system. The US court system was never intended to handle 1.5 million new applicants for asylum. Not even 25% of that massive number could be handled in a timely matter.

I rarely give our government a pass about obvious slacking, but as you know Coyote it’s gotten way out of hand for years now. Just watching documentaries about the daily border conditions clearly show it should have never come to this. Way beyond anything Trump did or didn’t do during office. I still back Trump’s message of zero tolerance for illegal crossings. Look where we are now trying to ineffectively screen the masses, with more caravans on their way before winter hits hard. I’m afraid I don’t know of a workable solution, but there has to be one to eventually resolve the problem.

if parents in Ohio break the laws, what happens?

are they separated or do the kids go to jail. with them?
Depends on the situation. Quite frequently the children are taken into account along with whether or not the parents present a danger, when they make decisions on whether to incarcerate them or release them prior to their trial. First time illegally crossing the border is a misdemeanor….is a 100% incarceration rate with removal of children the norm?

and to me, your focus on Trump is dishonest. so much he gets blamed for is rooted in people just hating him.
Frankly, there are times that criticism is warranted, but you are essentially calling it out every time, as “you just hate him”. That was a horrible cruel policy that alienated even some of his base so it clearly isn’t just me “hating Trump”.

this is not asylum, the left chooses to call it that to get past slow immigration.

It is asylum. It has nothing do with what “the left” calls it, nor is it up to “the right” to decide what it is. It is written in our laws. Anyone has a right to request asylum. Period. It doesn’t mean they get it. In fact most do not, but they have a legal right to request it.

the parents and immigrants do this to themselves so while my heart can go out to them, don't put yourself in this position.

You can blame the parents, but that is no excuse for enacting a punitive abusive policy that punishes the children.

the fact WE can't make solid and workable immigration laws is on all. of us and ultimately congress for not doing their job.

as for me having to attribute it to someone, I did. congress.

you do too, but just Trump.
Wrong. I am talking about one specific policy.

The immigration problem? I agree. That is all on Congress endlessly kicking the can down the road.

Policies and rules? That is 100% on the president. Congress didn’t make that policy.

Disagree. The parents are one thing. But WE chose to implement a brutal policy designed to punish the parents by abusing the kids. And that is wrong in my book, no matter how you slice and dice it. There are other ways of handling it.

I don't know how you see it as abuse when it's teaching the kids that when you break the law there are consequences for your actions and innocent people have to suffer for it. Yes, it sucks for them,.. but it's also a hard lesson they have to learn sooner or later anyways so they don't grow up and do the same stupid thing their parents did.

Forum List

Back