THIS JUST IN on the Zimmerman case....

It is now being speculated that the prosecutor waived the grand jury option because she knew that they couldn't nail Zimmerman on a Murder One charge and you usually don't call a grand jury investigation for a 2nd degree or manslaughter case. And it seems pretty evident that she thinks she has sufficient evidence to make Murder Two indictment stick.

And Zimmerman's former attorneys are on record as willing to represent him again if they are asked and they say they are 100% convinced he is innocent of any wrong doing.

And the fact is, none of us still know what all the facts of this case are.

In most states for there to be a trial on a felony it must first be presented to a grand jury to see if there is enough evidence for a trial. If the grand jury votes to "no bill" then the subject can not ever be tried on that charge. Apparently things are different in Fla. Can you imagine how it would explode had the grand jury met and they "no billed" Zimmerman. Seeing as the grand Jury meets in private and kept supposedly secret the media could have created lots of stories out of that.

In Florida, the only time a Grand Jury indictment is required is for a capital crime.

It is now being speculated that the prosecutor waived the grand jury option because she knew that they couldn't nail Zimmerman on a Murder One charge and you usually don't call a grand jury investigation for a 2nd degree or manslaughter case. And it seems pretty evident that she thinks she has sufficient evidence to make Murder Two indictment stick.

And Zimmerman's former attorneys are on record as willing to represent him again if they are asked and they say they are 100% convinced he is innocent of any wrong doing.

And the fact is, none of us still know what all the facts of this case are.

In most states for there to be a trial on a felony it must first be presented to a grand jury to see if there is enough evidence for a trial. If the grand jury votes to "no bill" then the subject can not ever be tried on that charge. Apparently things are different in Fla. Can you imagine how it would explode had the grand jury met and they "no billed" Zimmerman. Seeing as the grand Jury meets in private and kept supposedly secret the media could have created lots of stories out of that.

In Florida, the only time a Grand Jury indictment is required is for a capital crime.

The Fifth Amendment was incorporated by the 14th Amendment, though.

So I'm not clear why only PART of the Grand Jury right is treated as being mandatory. {[It is evidently] not applicable to the States, either as an element of due process or as a direct command of the Fourteenth Amendment. Hurtado v. California, 110 U.S. 516 (1884) ; Palko v. Connecticut, 302 U.S. 319, 323 (1937) ; Alexander v. Louisiana, 405 U.S. 625, 633 (1972) . } See: CRS/LII Annotated Constitution Fifth Amendment

I don't buy it and I don't get it.

My comment was intended to make people think about what the fuck you just described. I lived grew up and fought my way through in various places in Chicago drive down Kings Hiway in St Louis and it's shitty parts quite a lot, so you aren't saying nothing new or experiences unique. Except maybe...
My son was attacked by some 53 yr. old loon with a beer bottle at the age of 9, in Chicago years ago, I came to his aid and had to beat the man off him with a bat because no guns allowed in Chicago..only for the gang bangers and criminals.
I found out there was a crowd of people just fucking standing there not helping him until I arrived and he tried to come at me, The attacker died 11 days later, I was charged with 1st degree murder..I beat it after spending my savings to buy my family a house AWAY from this type of shit, on a lawyer instead for a charge I shouldn't have been charged with from the out set.
My older brother was killed in a drive by outside Maple lanes bowling alley in the NW side in 1987, perp never found.
I had at least 3 breakins occur in different apts., my fucking dog was stolen, and I was almost killed by a red light running hit and run driver who was speeding in a G20 Chevy van.
It was a white girl who lived in a well to do Northside hood on her way to a dope run.
I saved 2 people from vicious attacks while being shot at from a building window across the street and 1 from an OD.
My first wife was raped while walking home from a girlfriends house a few blocks from home and the police didn't do shit to find the perp...I did.
When I found out who it was I looked for him with a shotgun in my trunk for weeks to the point I lost my job. He ran away to Puerto Rico. This is just shit I can remember off the top at the moment..
Would anybody in their right mind stay? I had 5 kids at the time :cuckoo:

No I didn't move away because I'm a pussy, I moved before someone else got killed or assaulted, or I blasted the next POS who fucked with me and mine.
I don't trust the police to help cause they never did, instead the system tried to do me for 20 to life for a righteous self defense, I don't trust the Just-Us system either.
I moved when I had the opportunity and finances again because IMO, Chicago is a shithole to raise kids in.
I moved away to a place where my kids would be safer and shit like you and I have been through is less tolerated and we can arm ourselves.
Been there done that daddyo, but got the hell out and away cause it was the best for my family and before I completely lost my mind.
Law abiding citizens should be able to protect themselves like the SYG law in FLA. is designed to do, not run around and shoot innocent people who haven't done anything to them, just because they are a different race or color.
Because of what some of us have been through and where we lived, some of us have a different perspective then those who may have been fortunate to live a sheltered life out in the burbs, then want to come on a forum and judge a kid like Martin as a thug.

Despite all the shit I seen and been through, I don't go around profiling, stalking, or starting shit with every PR or Black, or Caucasian, there is good and bad in ALL peoples.
Actually I don't give anybody a freepass to trust based on color.

The whole reason Al Sharpton & the media hyped this case it to get rid of Stand Your Ground & CCW laws. They are circulating petitions for a national ban on these state laws. They only want the criminals packing guns. They want to turn honest people into criminals for packing a gun. They want to make the entire country into a shit-hole like the South Side of Chicago.

The stand your ground laws are good in theory but BAD in practice. They need to be rewritten but NOT repealed.

There is nothing wrong with Stand Your Ground Law. It was written to prevent someone who has to take matters in hand from losing everything defending themselves from the state, just like Salt Jones described happened to him in post above when he beat a piece of shit to death with a baseball bat. Salt Jones & his family lost everything trying to stay out of jail. There are a lot of justifiable homicides! We need to stop punishing the victims.

If Zimmerman is guilty he will do time. So far the evidence I see shows Martin took Zimmerman down. The undertaker said there are absolutely no injuries or bruises on Martin indicating Zimmerman ever struck him. Zimmerman was not fighting back or was unable to fight back screaming for his life. Someone following you or asking a question does not justify beating them.

Maybe the prosecutor has evidence we know nothing about. Maybe they have caught Zimmerman in a lie & maybe he should go down. Time will tell & I am sure it will play out on TV. Bottom line is, SYG is a great law.

Zimmerman just appeared in court.

Judge has found probable cause.

Formal arraignment scheduled for 5/29.

No talk of bail.

Screenshot of Zimmerman in the courtroom:

4jvz4g.jpg
I've been closely scrutinizing every video footage of Zimmerman, thank God that animal is behind bars, and I don't see an ounce of evidence of any harm to his head.

He doesn't have a scratch. I've looked at that, tampered with video, that showed some fudge that RWers have been alleging is a mark on his head...his head is now smooth, clean, no sign of injury.

Zimmerman's toast...TOAST I said.

Interesting. Looking at that shot of Zimmerman what race would you assign to him? Hispanic? Or even African American? What race is the cop standing to his right? The coloring is very similar, yes? But the race baiters nevertheless assigned the label of white Hispanic to Zimmerman. And again, that is the first time I have EVER heard that particular label used with somebody of Hispanic heritage.

Is there any chance that Zimmerman will have a fair trial?

Again, if he's guilty so be it. Let justice be done.

If he is not guilty, he has nevertheless already been convicted, sentenced, and has been serving time for some time now. And I don't know how our justice system can ever undo that.
Interesting, whereas you're quite sympathetic for the life of the killer George Zimmerman, I'm more sympathetic to the now dead victim Trayvon Martin and the bereaved family that he's left behind. No mother should have have to bury their child. No father should have to bury his son. And I know for a fact that our justice system can never undo that.

The stand your ground laws are good in theory but BAD in practice. They need to be rewritten but NOT repealed.
The Stand Your Ground Law needs to be repealed and replaced.

There is nothing wrong with Stand Your Ground Law. It was written to prevent someone who has to take matters in hand from losing everything defending themselves from the state, just like Salt Jones described happened to him in post above when he beat a piece of shit to death with a baseball bat. Salt Jones & his family lost everything trying to stay out of jail. There are a lot of justifiable homicides! We need to stop punishing the victims.

If Zimmerman is guilty he will do time. So far the evidence I see shows Martin took Zimmerman down. The undertaker said there are absolutely no injuries or bruises on Martin indicating Zimmerman ever struck him. Zimmerman was not fighting back or was unable to fight back screaming for his life. Someone following you or asking a question does not justify beating them.

Maybe the prosecutor has evidence we know nothing about. Maybe they have caught Zimmerman in a lie & maybe he should go down. Time will tell & I am sure it will play out on TV. Bottom line is, SYG is a great law.
I'd love to see the evidence that led you to the conclusion that Martin "took Zimmerman down."

BTW, the undertaker specifically stated that he saw no bruises on Martin that indicated he was in any fight, his fists were untouched. Meaning that he never threw a single punch at Zimmerman. AKA...Zimmerman's a big fat liar.

I'm more interested in what evidence the special prosecutor must have that the public hasn't seen. Based on what we, the public, have seen, there's no way she can prove 2nd degree murder. Florida law requires she show that Zimmerman was "of depraved mind" at the time of the shooting. Based on what we have seen, I just don't see that as the truth of this case.

I'm more interested in what evidence the special prosecutor must have that the public hasn't seen. Based on what we, the public, have seen, there's no way she can prove 2nd degree murder. Florida law requires she show that Zimmerman was "of depraved mind" at the time of the shooting. Based on what we have seen, I just don't see that as the truth of this case.

censorship.jpg

Last edited:

And yet you are negative repping me with this bs?

"A trial is not a conviction. Due process is an American ideal. YOU are the mob."

Do you not understand that the prosecution has to believe that he is guilty to even be putting him on trial? It's not a freaking show for your benefit or to prove something to the public. Do you not understand that a man's life/livelihood is at stake? Do you not understand how stressful it is to be put on trial for murder while the entire country watches? The prosecution knows he's not guilty and that that will be the verdict. They should be fired on the spot. I hope Zimmerman sues their asses and gets a huge settlement too.

If I could give you a triple neg for your complete break down in comprehension then I would. As it is, you get one neg rep and maybe more later if I'm still annoyed.

BTFW - Learn what a mob is. An internet user is not a mob genius.

BTFW also - A libertarian isn't a progressive. He's a rock that stands for individual liberties. He doesn't need buzz word gimmicks like "progressive" that has been used in oh so many scams.

I apologize. It's late. I'm on some serious pain killers and worked 14 hours today and misread your post completely

As soon as the forum will let me, I'll greenie you back up.

Last edited:
The whole reason Al Sharpton & the media hyped this case it to get rid of Stand Your Ground & CCW laws. They are circulating petitions for a national ban on these state laws. They only want the criminals packing guns. They want to turn honest people into criminals for packing a gun. They want to make the entire country into a shit-hole like the South Side of Chicago.

Actually, the more I hear about other cases, the more I learn that the Zimmerman case is one of the LEAST controversial of the cases.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...und-cases-from-florida-to-north-carolina.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17693084

Early morning, Jan. 25, 2011. Greyston Garcia was in his apartment in Miami when a roommate told him someone was stealing the radio from his truck.

Garcia grabbed a kitchen knife and ran outside. The burglar saw him coming, grabbed his bag of stolen radios and fled.

Rather than calling the police, Garcia chased the thief down the street and caught up to him a block away. The confrontation lasted less than a minute and was captured on surveillance video. The thief swung the bag of radios at Garcia, who blocked the bag with his left hand and stabbed the thief in the chest with his right.

Pedro Roteta, 26, died in the street.

Those are the facts. You be the judge.

Nine days after Trayvon Martin was shot dead in Sanford, Brandon Baker, 30, and his twin brother were driving separate cars toward the apartment they shared in Palm Harbor.

Seth Browning, a 23-year-old security guard who later told deputies he was concerned with Baker's erratic driving, pulled in close behind Baker to get his license tag number.

Baker turned off East Lake Road, then onto an access road and came to a stop, according to Pinellas sheriff's investigators. Browning followed and stopped behind Baker's Chevy truck.

Baker climbed out of his truck and walked to Browning's window. His brother, Chris, watching from behind, said Baker was trying to figure out why Browning was tailgating him.

Browning sprayed Baker with pepper spray, then shot him in the chest. He told deputies that Baker had punched him and he was in fear for his life. Browning called police as Chris Baker tried to revive his brother.

His father, Kevin Lindsay, rushed to the scene and watched as Browning was questioned at length. Then he learned the man who killed his son was released.

Baker's parents had never heard of the "stand your ground" law. Waiting for some type of action has exhausted them. They long for justice in what appears to them to be a clearly unjustifiable killing.

"I always knew that the law would protect you if somebody broke into your home. Sure, you can protect yourself," said his stepmother, Alex Lindsay. "But why did they have to expand it to protect people who do things like this?"

Their friends and family are just as shocked when they learn Browning might not be charged.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...ts-those-who-go-far-beyond-that-point/1222930

Trayvon Martin's tragic death has drawn worldwide attention to Stand Your Ground laws, which generally allow the use of deadly force if a person reasonably feels he is in imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury.

Trayvon Martin, of course, is not the first case where the shooter claimed a "stand your ground" type of defense. Here are three other notable "stand your ground" type of defense cases:

Hernando Riascos Torres and Diego Ortiz -- Pasadena, Texas (2007):

Torres, 38, and Ortiz, 30, were undocumented immigrants allegedly caught leaving the scene of a home burglary. Neighbor Joe Horn, 62, called 911. "I've got a shotgun," he told a dispatcher. "Do you want me to stop them?"

"Nope, don't do that," the dispatcher replied. "Ain't no property worth shooting somebody over, OK?"

But Horn ignored that advice. In his breathless 911 call, Horn can be heard opening his front door, racking his shotgun, and saying, "Hello. You're dead!" He shot Torres and Ortiz in the back, killing them both.

A grand jury declined to indict Horn, apparently believing his claim that he feared for his life, the Houston Chronicle reported. In the wake of Trayvon Martin's killing, a Texas lawmaker is vowing to repeal the state's Stand Your Ground law.

Travares McGill -- Sanford, Fla. (2005)

The case of Travares McGill is another Sanford-based self defense case. McGill, 16, was sitting in a car at an apartment complex when someone shined a bright light into the vehicle. It turned out to be two security guards, who did not identify themselves, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

McGill tried to back out and get away. The guards -- Bryan Ansley, 28, and William Patrick Swofford, 26 -- opened fire. McGill was shot in the back and died.

Ansley and Swofford claimed self-defense, saying they feared McGill was trying to run them over. A grand jury indicted both security guards, but charges against both men were eventually dropped.

Yoshihiro Hattori -- Central, La. (1992):

Hattori, 16, was a Japanese foreign-exchange student who knocked on the wrong door while looking for a Halloween party. Homeowner Rodney Peairs, 31, claimed he was frightened by Hattori -- so he opened fire and killed him, claiming self defense. A jury acquitted Peairs of manslaughter in a case that shocked many observers in Japan, The New York Times reports.

http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2012/04/before-trayvon-3-notable-stand-your-ground-cases.html

Last edited:

Exactly. The evidence shows Trayvon was the attacker. The prosecutor needs to be fired. She willfully sent an innocent man to a murder trial to serve her own selfish whims.

Last edited:

Exactly. The evidence shows Trayvon was the attacker. The prosecutor needs to be fired. She willfully sent an innocent man to a murder trial to serve her own selfish whims.

He shot an unarmed 17 year old. A trial is warranted.

But there's no way, based on the evidence made public, it's 2nd degree murder. Manslaughter at best.

He shot an unarmed 17 year old. A trial is warranted.

But there's no way, based on the evidence made public, it's 2nd degree murder. Manslaughter at best.

Florida 2nd degree Murder Statute:

Murder with a Depraved Mind occurs when a person is killed, without any premeditated design, by an act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind showing no regard for human life.

That's going to be impossible to prove. Zimmerman was getting his ass kicked. He repeatedly yelled for help, showing the hope to avoid the loss of life from his attacker. Furthermore, Florida's Stand Your Ground statute allows a person to meet force with force. The second degree murder charge is absolutely an abuse of power by that hag, Angela Corey. (And I call her a hag because she's clearly an ugly person inside and out to be doing this).

Florida Manslaughter Statute:

Manslaughter by Act: Committing an act that was neither excusable, nor justified that resulted in the death of another person.
Manslaughter by Procurement: Persuading, inducing, or encouraging another person to commit an act that resulted in the death of another person.
Manslaughter by Culpable Negligence: Engaging in “Culpably Negligent” conduct that resulted in the death of another person.

I imagine that manslaughter is also on the docket if they can't prove murder. I think that was the case for the Casey Anthony trial. That doesn't necessarily bother me as much in the event that I possibly don't understand the fullness of the evidence (which I doubt) or in the event that evidence has been misreported.

When you look at the manslaughter statute, you might think, oh well Zimmerman maybe could have done some things like not follow Trayvon or not used the gun and ended up saving his life.

The problem is that Zimmerman had every right to be there that Trayvon had. If Trayvon attacked (as he did according to the witness) then that just doesn't mean a hill of beans.

And what about the gun? Why not just try to get away? GZ was within his rights under the stand your grounds law:

a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:

He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony.

The witness does tell that George was the one yelling for help and he was getting his head banged. He clearly believed that his life was threatened.

This is just a freaking slam dunk case for the defense. It's a travesty that the prosecutor is ignoring the law to cow tow to political and social pressure. I really do hope Zimmerman wins a huge settlement against Florida in civil court. I hope he wins a huge settlement against media outlets like MSNBC, NBC and ABC too. They've effectively ruined his name in the interest of race baiting.

I don't think Corey would take this to trial if she didn't think the guy committed a crime.

She's a very seasoned prosecutor, and has taken on controversial cases before. I don't think she's incompetent. I think she will do this the way it should be done.

I hope.

You gloss over the fact that the undertaker said there were no bruises on Martin's hands either.

Trust me on this..when you are in a bare knuckle fight..your hands get nice and bruised. You can even wind up "splitting" your knuckle if you it a tooth or bone.

You gloss over the fact that the undertaker said there were no bruises on Martin's hands either.

Trust me on this..when you are in a bare knuckle fight..your hands get nice and bruised. You can even wind up "splitting" your knuckle if you it a tooth or bone.

It takes a lot of hitting to get bruises on your knuckles; especially when you're 17 years old.

Corey has seen the autopsy reports, the EMS records, the interrogation tapes of Zimmerman on the night of the shooting, read the actual witness statements, talked to the witnesses, and a heck of a lot more.

Something NONE of us have seen.

Keep that in mind.

Corey has seen the autopsy reports, the EMS records, the interrogation tapes of Zimmerman on the night of the shooting, read the actual witness statements, talked to the witnesses, and a heck of a lot more.

Keep that in mind.

Dude - even the police didn't charge Zimmerman. They reviewed the evidence and found no case. Do you know how freaking rare it is for the police to release someone and then he gets charged by the prosecutor without further evidence coming in? It's unheard of. That hag is just playing games.

I did not gloss over that. It is not a factor. One sucker punch took Zimmerman down. Either hard fist on soft nose does not bruise Martin's hand or he hit him with an object (ie: can of tea). I have hit many people & never bruised my fist. After that Martin just grabbed Zimmermans head & pounded it into ground. How would that bruise Martin's fist?

Keep that in mind.

Dude - even the police didn't charge Zimmerman. They reviewed the evidence and found no case. Do you know how freaking rare it is for the police to release someone and then he gets charged by the prosecutor without further evidence coming in? It's unheard of. That hag is just playing games.

The detective at the scene wanted to arrest him, but was overruled by the state's attorney.

And yes, this is absolutely politics. What's your point?

Forum List

Back