THIS JUST IN on the Zimmerman case....

My understanding is that he's never been convicted of anything, only charged.

So they won't be using that.
Believe me they'll try. I beat my case and when I got pulled over for suspended license my bond was 25 grand instead of a personal recognizance walk out, AFTER the state brought up my "past" despite acquittal, spent 2 weeks in max in CCDOC division 11. Everyone laughed but not surprised when I told them I was in Max for a traffic violation..
Ever read or hear about the book Courtroom 302? A very true accounting of the way things really are in CCDOC and it's Just Us system.
COURTROOM 302

They'll also use any dirt on Trayvon as well...

Ah. You can say how it is and I can't? Got it. Nice double standard. :clap2:
I never claimed to say how it started.

Bullshit! - Lie!

Do I even have to explain this to you?

Seriously?

Yes - Please regale us with your tale!

American Thinker
According to the audio released by the police, after Martin stared at Zimmerman and began to approach him, the teen took off in the opposite direction, toward the rear entrance of the community and toward the apartment he was staying in. The distance from where Zimmerman began his call, near the mailboxes by the clubhouse, to the apartment of Brandy Green, where Martin was staying, is roughly 850 feet. Someone in good shape could probably run the distance in less than a minute and walk it in two. From the start of Zimmerman's phone call, Martin had about six minutes to get home. But the teenager was apparently not interested in returning to the apartment of his dad's fiancée and reporting the suspicious man to 911. He was shot about 550 feet from where Zimmerman began his call, about 300 feet from Brandy Green's apartment.

He hasn't been charged yet, either.

His arraignment, without grand jury, is on May 29. Until then, he has no bond and is currently incarcerated based on suspicion.

From the jailhouse:
George Zimmerman arrest booking:

http://webbond.seminolesheriff.org/InmateInfo.aspx?bkgnbr=201200004452

There it lists the inmate "account balance" (318.16. yesterday it was 41.00.)
It also notes "Inmate may not be bailed."

And the Booking Report: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/04/12/zimmerman.booking.report.pdf
Identifiers:
TATTOO ARM (LEFT) THEATRICAL MASKS
THEATRICAL MASKS
CHRISTINA INSIDE A CROSS
TATTOO CHEST CROSS
H&W at booking: 5 feet, 8 inches tall, weighs 185 pounds, has a birthmark on his belly button. Born Oct. 5, 1983.

Race -----------------> White.

Thought I'd add this to the record.

Just curious, about the past charges he faced, does anyone know?
If he had a past violent charge they'll use that against him particularly in a bond hearing.
He has a past record of a Felony with Violence arrest for assaulting a police officer.

Through a pre-trial diversion program, and agreeing to attend anger management classes, he was able to get it reduced to a misdemeanor.

Don't know if it could be used against him. Lawyers could argue to not have it allowed in the trial and be successful.

You're right but I always thought once they mention it's in the heads of all who hear it even though it's not admissible, judges, and others have it in their heads and look differently on the defendant or the victim, trust that.

His arraignment, without grand jury, is on May 29. Until then, he has no bond and is currently incarcerated based on suspicion.

Probable cause actually; bond hearing next Friday.

Ummm, that's what suspicion is, dear.

He is currently incarcerated on suspicion.

Do you have a link to the date of the bond hearing?

Believe me they'll try.

On a side (and related) note: I was a juror in a double murder trial. Guy busted the heads of two people with a baseball bat. (including a Mother of 4. Just awful) No blood, no DNA, no footprint evidence. A tricky trial. Only circumstantial evidence. What did him in was his cell phone records.

It was a grueling time I and 13 other jurors had at the trial. (It was there I learned premeditation could be only a matter of a few seconds - difference between Murder One and Murder Two.)

After a difficult time in the jury room after the closing arguments were made, we all agreed it WAS Murder One. Life without parole. Hard, hard decision to come to; I'll never forget the feeling in my chest when I had to stand up and state: Guilty.

After that, we were released and told to wait in the jury chamber. The judge came to us afterwards and told us: 'We couldn't tell you this during the trial, but this man had TWICE been charged with slamming people with a baseball bat. One time even sent to prison for it...so if you had even a hint of doubt you did the right thing, know: this is how this guy deals with his anger, and you made the right decision."

So, here was a case where EVEN WITH A CONVICTION of violence - with that same weapon of choice - they couldn't allow it in the trial.

Believe me they'll try.

On a side (and related) note: I was a juror in a double murder trial. Guy busted the heads of two people with a baseball bat. (including a Mother of 4. Just awful) No blood, no DNA, no footprint evidence. A tricky trial. Only circumstantial evidence. What did him in was his cell phone records.

It was a grueling time I and 13 other jurors had at the trial. (It was there I learned premeditation could be only a matter of a few seconds - difference between Murder One and Murder Two.)

After a difficult time in the jury room after the closing arguments were made, we all agreed it WAS Murder One. Life without parole. Hard, hard decision to come to; I'll never forget the feeling in my chest when I had to stand up and state: Guilty.

After that, we were released and told to wait in the jury chamber. The judge came to us afterwards and told us: 'We couldn't tell you this during the trial, but this man had TWICE been charged with slamming people with a baseball bat. One time even sent to prison for it...so if you had even a hint of doubt you did the right thing, know: this is how this guy deals with his anger, and you made the right decision."

So, here was a case where EVEN WITH A CONVICTION of violence - with that same weapon of choice - they couldn't allow it in the trial.
:thup:

Ummm, that's what suspicion is, dear.

He is currently incarcerated on suspicion.

Do you have a link to the date of the bond hearing?

Zimmerman to seek bond in Trayvon Martin case - CNN.com

There is nothing wrong with Stand Your Ground Law. It was written to prevent someone who has to take matters in hand from losing everything defending themselves from the state, just like Salt Jones described happened to him in post above when he beat a piece of shit to death with a baseball bat. Salt Jones & his family lost everything trying to stay out of jail. There are a lot of justifiable homicides! We need to stop punishing the victims.

If Zimmerman is guilty he will do time. So far the evidence I see shows Martin took Zimmerman down. The undertaker said there are absolutely no injuries or bruises on Martin indicating Zimmerman ever struck him. Zimmerman was not fighting back or was unable to fight back screaming for his life. Someone following you or asking a question does not justify beating them.

Maybe the prosecutor has evidence we know nothing about. Maybe they have caught Zimmerman in a lie & maybe he should go down. Time will tell & I am sure it will play out on TV. Bottom line is, SYG is a great law.

You gloss over the fact that the undertaker said there were no bruises on Martin's hands either.

Trust me on this..when you are in a bare knuckle fight..your hands get nice and bruised. You can even wind up "splitting" your knuckle if you it a tooth or bone.

It takes a lot of hitting to get bruises on your knuckles; especially when you're 17 years old.

It takes one hit to bruise your knuckles. Trust me, I've been there.

Corey has seen the autopsy reports, the EMS records, the interrogation tapes of Zimmerman on the night of the shooting, read the actual witness statements, talked to the witnesses, and a heck of a lot more.

Something NONE of us have seen.

Keep that in mind.

Dude - even the police didn't charge Zimmerman. They reviewed the evidence and found no case. Do you know how freaking rare it is for the police to release someone and then he gets charged by the prosecutor without further evidence coming in? It's unheard of. That hag is just playing games.

It's not unheard of, but I agree it's rarer than its being made out to be. Usually, the accused is charged, then a judge will throw out the charges based on Stand Your Ground, which could still happen in this case. There will still be the Stand Your Ground hearing before a trial. If the judge decides Stand Your Ground negates the charges Zimmerman walks, BUT then at least the Martin Family have had their day in court.

Personally, I think it should go to trial. But if the judge throws it out based on SYG then that's the law. If we don't like it, change the law.

I did not gloss over that. It is not a factor. One sucker punch took Zimmerman down. Either hard fist on soft nose does not bruise Martin's hand or he hit him with an object (ie: can of tea). I have hit many people & never bruised my fist. After that Martin just grabbed Zimmermans head & pounded it into ground. How would that bruise Martin's fist?

What seems to be glossed over is that Trayvon would probably have a better " stand your ground" defense that Zimmerman. After all, he was being stalked by a man with a gun. Trayvon had no idea what sort he person confronted him and fleeing in the face of a gun would probably just get you a bullet in the back.

In what world are you allowed to attack someone who is following you? :cuckoo:

Or someone who is asking a question? :cuckoo:

In the Stand Your Ground world. Seriously.

If Martin had killed Zimmerman, then he could have claimed he felt threatened and would be afforded the same Stand Your Ground protections that Zimmerman is trying to exercise now.

Of course we would have NEVER have heard about the case if it had gone down that way. In fact, if the police had listed Zimmerman as Hispanic instead of white, we never would have heard about this case either.

In what world are you allowed to attack someone who is following you? :cuckoo:

Or someone who is asking a question? :cuckoo:

A man with a gun with no real authority confronting you is an attack in itself. Trayvon would have the perfect right to defend himself in that sitution, IMO.

Open carry is legal. Can you attack someone for having a gun? :cuckoo:

Stand your ground allows for the person to feel "threatened". A real threat does NOT need to be proven, only the implied threat.

There is case after case of stand your ground cases in which the "victim" was shot in the back, yet the shooter walked away because they felt "threatened"

This is why the law needs to be fixed. Its too open. There needs to be clear guidelines as to what actually constitutes a threat.

And someone who says "do you have a problem with me? You do NOW" is threatening.

Again! - How did Zimmerman start the fight without injuring Martin? ...
Do I even have to explain this to you?

Seriously?

Since Zimmerman did not start the fight, I should say not.

When Zimmerman left hs car and ran after Martin, he became a threat. Period.

Hell, I've had cops question me because I was at the park. Creepy guy at the park. Someone actually called me in.

I had just as much right to sit on a park bench as anyone else right?

Luckily, I was meeting my wife and daughter there and they showed up during my "questioning" if they hadn't, I'm fairly sure I would have been told to leave.

But all I was doing was sitting there texting a friend while waiting. Percieved threat is all it takes.

No, I have followed people without threatening them.

It's not threatening to follow someone. Particularly if you stop following them. When he stopped following, the threat, if ever there was one, ended.

When Trayvon in turn followed HIM, and smacked him, then Trayvon became the attacker.

Your logic sucks, btw.

I don't think Corey would take this to trial if she didn't think the guy committed a crime.

She's a very seasoned prosecutor, and has taken on controversial cases before. I don't think she's incompetent. I think she will do this the way it should be done.

I hope.

Based on witness & evidence released so far she does not have a case. I think the real genius was the Sanford Police Department not arresting Zimmerman or reading him his rights. Zimmerman gave over 5 hours of video taped police interrogation, interview & crime scene reenactment all without a lawyer. It is impossible for anyone innocent to talk that much & not contradict themselves. Had he clammed up & lawyered up imediatly after the shooting, he would be free due to witness statements. This is why you should never talk to police.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc"]Dont Talk to Police[/ame]

You're wrong.

Had the Sanford police arrested Zimmerman, he would have had a stand your ground hearing and probably won it AND there would have been NO NATIONAL ATTENTION.

But because they didn't, the family turned to the media for help.

Now, everyone knows Zimmermans name, he has a bounty on his head and even if the charges get thrown out or he is found not guilty at trial, he's screwed for the rest of his life.

So the Sanford Police pretty much fucked George Zimmerman.

Well here's what we seemingly know. The only two people that know how it started is Trayvon and Zimmerman. One is dead. The other stated that Trayvon asked "Do you got a problem?" Zimmerman said no and he said "well you do now!" He then proceeded to beat the hell out of him. That seems to concur with the later eye witness that said Zimmerman was being beaten. And as it was him being beaten, it was him yelling for help (as the witness stated).

And I'd say since Zimmerman is supposedly innocent til proven guilty then its a joke that this is going to trial.

And I've read Zimmerman confronted Martin, stating "What are doing here"? The State appears to have sorted it out, THUS FAR.

I don't buy that. My understanding is that there is no witness that initially saw the confrontation. Got a link? But even had Zimmerman initiated the rhetoric, that does not excuse an attack and the state appears to be grossly administering injustice, THUS FAR.

It comes from Martins girlfriend who heard the initial contact over Martins cell phone. That's her version of things anyway.

Forum List

Back