This woman disproves gun control beliefs.....

Have you not seen 2aguy? He will tell you everyone needs a gun at all times.

A woman can do everything a man can. Not aware of anyone saying they should not have the option. They should be aware however that for many people having a gun just makes them more likely to have an accident like the shot in back woman, Walmart woman shot dead by her kid, or woman with bra holster who shot herself dead. Most people in this country have no need for a gun.
Thankfully, need doesn't enter into the equation. Look, freedom is messy, chaotic, sometimes dangerous, and always preferable to the alternative. We make decisions every day that put us in danger, but we accept risk as a price we pay to enjoy the freedom. We don't outlaw condoms on the grounds that people contract sometimes deadly diseases and get pregnant despite using them.

Not sure what your point is. The woman shot in the back by her child probably never had a need. Her choice to own only put her in danger. In a free country she is welcome to put herself in danger if she wants, but she should be aware it is dangerous.

Yes...the thinking of a 12 year old........you never have a need for a gun until you are attacked...then you kinda really need it...and as a 12 year old you don't realize that no one ever knows when that attack is coming......please...let the adults handle the conversation.
A gun is like a sneeze guard on a salad bar. You hope like heck it's never needed...

And most never will.

Except for the 1,500,000 who did.

I guess it goes like this for you anti gun nuts....

Let's see.....I don't need a gun today, Friday, Saturday or Sunday....oh...but I am scheduled to be violently raped, tortured and murdered late Monday Night....I guess I will have to pencil in getting a gun....and if I forget to pick up a gun, I'll have to reschedule next week entirely.....

Is that how it is done brain......try to grow up.

Women are more vulnerable to attack than men are for several reasons. They're generally smaller than men and they get raped a lot more often than men do. They thus benefit from personal protection to a greater degree than men do. And no, guns are not for everyone. I don't see anyone trying to make that case. What I do see happening is people trying to make the case that women should not be able to choose if they want a gun for personal protection. Sure an assailant MAY be able to get a gun away from a woman, but should it not be her choice if she wants to take that chance?

A woman can do everything a man can. Not aware of anyone saying they should not have the option. They should be aware however that for many people having a gun just makes them more likely to have an accident like the shot in back woman, Walmart woman shot dead by her kid, or woman with bra holster who shot herself dead. Most people in this country have no need for a gun.

There are also people in jail who thought they had a lawful defense. Lot of responsibility with guns.

Yes....1,500,000 Americans used guns to stop a violent criminal attack according to bill clinton and barak obama...their Department of Justice and CDC studies...........those 1,500,000 people needed their guns....but they just didn't know they did until the attack happened....

vs.

357,000,000 million guns in private hands....

1,500,000 defensive gun uses...

19,000 non fatal gun accidents..

505 accidental gun deaths...

Gee....I wonder what number is bigger?

And you are lying. The CDC did not do a study. Your 1.5 is fantasy. But yes 19,000 injured in accidents and 500 killed. Compare to other countries with fewer guns, lower crime rates, and almost no accidents.

The CDC studied all of the research.....try that again...the CDC studied all the research on guns and found between 500,000 and 3,000,000 defensive gun uses each year......and they did this under orders from obama...who gave them 10 million dollars to do it in 2013.....

And the 1,500,000 is not a fantasy and it is not my number....it comes from bill clinton's Department of Justice study on defensive gun use.......complain to him.

Why do you insist on being so dishonest? You have been corrected on this many times.

* The CDC report made no effort to reconcile the differing estimates of DGUs, except to note that the estimate provided by the Kleck group was larger by an order of magnitude than the estimate arising from the NCVS. The CDC report noted that the estimate of DGU provided by the Kleck group is twice again as large as the estimate of the Dept. of Justice that there are 1.3 million crimes committed with a gun in the USA every year.

To make this easier...even for you brain....here are the actual studies...

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--
------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Thankfully, need doesn't enter into the equation. Look, freedom is messy, chaotic, sometimes dangerous, and always preferable to the alternative. We make decisions every day that put us in danger, but we accept risk as a price we pay to enjoy the freedom. We don't outlaw condoms on the grounds that people contract sometimes deadly diseases and get pregnant despite using them.

Not sure what your point is. The woman shot in the back by her child probably never had a need. Her choice to own only put her in danger. In a free country she is welcome to put herself in danger if she wants, but she should be aware it is dangerous.

Yes...the thinking of a 12 year old........you never have a need for a gun until you are attacked...then you kinda really need it...and as a 12 year old you don't realize that no one ever knows when that attack is coming......please...let the adults handle the conversation.
A gun is like a sneeze guard on a salad bar. You hope like heck it's never needed...

And most never will.

Let's see.....I don't need a gun today, Friday, Saturday or Sunday....oh...but I am scheduled to be violently raped, tortured and murdered late Monday Night....I guess I will have to pencil in getting a gun....and if I forget to pick up a gun, I'll have to reschedule next week entirely.....

That 1.5 doesn't represent real defenses. They represent bad math. Again you live in fantasy land.

There are also people in jail who thought they had a lawful defense. Lot of responsibility with guns.

Yes....1,500,000 Americans used guns to stop a violent criminal attack according to bill clinton and barak obama...their Department of Justice and CDC studies...........those 1,500,000 people needed their guns....but they just didn't know they did until the attack happened....

vs.

And you are lying. The CDC did not do a study. Your 1.5 is fantasy. But yes 19,000 injured in accidents and 500 killed. Compare to other countries with fewer guns, lower crime rates, and almost no accidents.

The CDC studied all of the research.....try that again...the CDC studied all the research on guns and found between 500,000 and 3,000,000 defensive gun uses each year......and they did this under orders from obama...who gave them 10 million dollars to do it in 2013.....

And the 1,500,000 is not a fantasy and it is not my number....it comes from bill clinton's Department of Justice study on defensive gun use.......complain to him.

Why do you insist on being so dishonest? You have been corrected on this many times.

* The CDC report made no effort to reconcile the differing estimates of DGUs, except to note that the estimate provided by the Kleck group was larger by an order of magnitude than the estimate arising from the NCVS. The CDC report noted that the estimate of DGU provided by the Kleck group is twice again as large as the estimate of the Dept. of Justice that there are 1.3 million crimes committed with a gun in the USA every year.

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

--
------------------

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Let's start with the biggest survey. How many people were surveyed by the la times?

vs.

--
------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Why is the CDC still on there when I just proved they did no study or arrive at any dgu number? You continue to be dishonest.

And most never will.

That 1.5 doesn't represent real defenses. They represent bad math. Again you live in fantasy land.

except for all the other research......thanks for ignoring it...12 year old......are you stamping your feet yet?

And most never will.
That's a good thing, but when they are...

And most never will.

You won't have one because of people lie brain....

And most never will.

except for all the other research......thanks for ignoring it...12 year old......are you stamping your feet yet?

You mean more poorly done surveys that also don't represent any real DGUs?

And most never will.

People are welcome to choose to have one.

And most never will.

Until you pass the laws that will make that impossible......

And most never will.

Not if some politicians have their way, they won't.

And most never will.

Won't be involved in an accidental shooting you mean.

And most never will.

Yes...all the research is crap..except for the one study that isn't a defensive gun use study, doesn't ask about defensive gun use, never mentions the word gun in it....but that one is the accurate one.....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

And most never will.

A tiny minority. Even very weak gun control doesn't pass. We have less now than 20 years ago.

And most never will.

357,000,000 guns in private hands....

19,000 non fatal gun accidents.

505 accidental gun deaths.

Cars....35,000 accidental deaths.

And most never will.

Yes...all the research is crap..except for the one study that isn't a defensive gun use study, doesn't ask about defensive gun use, never mentions the word gun in it....but that one is the accurate one.....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The only study of any significant size yes.

And most never will.

A tiny minority. Even very weak gun control doesn't pass. We have less now than 20 years ago.
Source?

And most never will.

357,000,000 guns in private hands....

19,000 non fatal gun accidents.

505 accidental gun deaths.

Cars....35,000 accidental deaths.
Yet we still allow cars to travel faster than 35 mph. Freedom is messy, chaotic and dangerous.

And most never will.

Source?

Do I really need one? Used to be a ban on his cap magazines and assault weapons. It is gone now. I can't think of any new gun control to source.

Forum List

Back