THOUSANDS of NYPD Turn BACKS to Commie Bill, for the second time!!!

You're right. He needs to find out who the instigators are and fire their asses.

What he needs to do is apologize.

Why should he apologize?

I never get this "apology" stuff.

He meant everything he said, his feelings on cops are clear, and now he's getting a reaction.

What they should NOT do is try to get him to quit or try to destroy his life just for expressing his opinion. That's what the PC Police do, not the REAL police.

Ok, I understand what you are saying, but de Blasio is not just an ordinary man with ordinary responsibilities, he's the freaking mayor of the city. His words, wether he believed in what he was saying or not, were reckless and irresponsible for someone in this position. The atmosphere became so bad that cops were attacked, even killed. IM not saying everything was directly caused by him, but was it self evident is he didn't do a good job in the leadership department. He did a great job of dividing and taking a side, and for that I think he owes an appology.

So it doesn't matter that he spoke the truth (as a father to a young black man) as long as he didn't hurt peoples feelings.

De Blasio was asked to speak at the funeral. The police that turned there back, disrespected the family of the death, politics is not a place for funerals. They also said they are not willing to listen to any criticism, thus they don't want to know what is wrong therefore they don't want to fix it...

The mayor owes the police officers nothing and the police officers owe the mayor nothing. The mayor made comments and the officers have the right to protest. It was peaceful, no chants of killing anyone, no one hurt and I'd be willing to bet those officers that were shot, would support their brethren.

I agree that it wasn't the worst crime. But I would expect if people turn up at a funeral it meant to be about the deceased not political upmanship. Invite him to something else and turn your back, but honestly, listen to what he said.

What they are criticizing him off, is the advice he was giving his son.

MILLIONS of NY voters opposed "stop and frisk."
Screen-shot-2012-10-14-at-9.50.28-AM.png

Big Bill listened and THOUSANDS of racist cops threw a collective hissy-fit.

Who's surprised about that?

NYPD 8217 s Stop-and-Frisk Policy Sociological Images

If it were me - and it ain't - I'd block out at least a day on my schedule and meet with the Chief and have a real talk. Two people, face to face, that's it, tell the press to fuck off.

Regardless of de Blasio's opinions of the police, regardless of the fact that he is politically obligated to his base, these two guys have to get along and work together, somehow. They have to be on the same page at least to some degree, and show it.

They can't do this through the media, they can't do it with their "people" standing behind them during photo ops, they have to work this out right now.

Is there any reason to believe they would do this? Does de Blasio have the political balls to do this?

I think the chief and the mayor are already on the same team. It's the rank and file who are dissatisfied. At this point, I don't really see a viable solution, but an apology from the mayor would be a place to start. If seen as heartfelt and sincere, it would sway some to his side. As is, the ball is in his court and he needs to play it.

If it were me - and it ain't - I'd block out at least a day on my schedule and meet with the Chief and have a real talk. Two people, face to face, that's it, tell the press to fuck off.

Regardless of de Blasio's opinions of the police, regardless of the fact that he is politically obligated to his base, these two guys have to get along and work together, somehow. They have to be on the same page at least to some degree, and show it.

They can't do this through the media, they can't do it with their "people" standing behind them during photo ops, they have to work this out right now.

Is there any reason to believe they would do this? Does de Blasio have the political balls to do this?

I think the chief and the mayor are already on the same team. It's the rank and file who are dissatisfied. At this point, I don't really see a viable solution, but an apology from the mayor would be a place to start. If seen as heartfelt and sincere, it would sway some to his side. As is, the ball is in his court and he needs to play it.

Explain what he would apologize for exactly.

Look, I'm not laying blame on either side here. I'm just seeing a situation. Do you agree there is a problem?

The mayor has to do something. He has to do SOMETHING. He tried to persuade other politicians to support him and that blew up in his face. An apology for offending the very people who enforce the laws and rules he is sworn to uphold would be a place to start.

Unfortunately, where the most crime is, is where most blacks live

To start with, his SPEECH about telling his son to be careful about police.... You want to tell him that PRIVATELY, please do, you want to announce it to the world? Why not put a huge WEDGE between those that keep 99% of us safe, and the mayors stupidity!

What would you expect in a Chocolate, Latin city where crime is a LIFE STYLE?
A higher conviction rate for those harassed by stop and frisk, perhaps? Not all black and brown citizens of New York are criminals...right?
Minorities make up more than half of the NYPD. Are you saying they are....what? Race traitors? Self-hating minorities? Pure racists?

In numbers, minorities are now the majority.

Nearly one out of three police officers is Hispanic; another 19 percent is black. In the past, Asian people never figured in the statistical breakdown, but now comprise 5.6 percent of the force. Together, these three groups now add up to 52.5 percent of police officers.

New York NY - In the NYPD Minorities Become the Majority

Look, I'm not laying blame on either side here. I'm just seeing a situation. Do you agree there is a problem?

The mayor has to do something. He has to do SOMETHING. He tried to persuade other politicians to support him and that blew up in his face. An apology for offending the very people who enforce the laws and rules he is sworn to uphold would be a place to start.

Carib,

Normally I am for swallow it and move on, but in this case if he apologizes he will alienate vast communities of New Yorkers which his job is to represent. The NYPD cops that turned around thought that the Mayor is the problem when they have to acknowledge that NYPD has a problem.

Most rational people saw the Garner video and were not as much horrified by his death but by the reaction to it. The result is that NYPD cops are perfectly allowed to do that on any New Yorker. They say that is wrong and the Mayor said to his son to be careful.

It was not so much the crime but the lack of understanding that anything is wrong. Personally, I believe the cops in the Garner case acted like many cops act all over the country. Yes it is against procedure, that procedure has not been enforced and then there was an accident. I think the officers involved should be sent to retraining like a lot of cops over the city. NYPD pay substantial fine, and have to review all there policies. The of NYPD policy enforcement should be fired and the person who appointed them. I am not blaming the cops, I am blaming the Department.

Carib,

Normally I am for swallow it and move on, but in this case if he apologizes he will alienate vast communities of New Yorkers which his job is to represent. The NYPD cops that turned around thought that the Mayor is the problem when they have to acknowledge that NYPD has a problem.

Most rational people saw the Garner video and were not as much horrified by his death but by the reaction to it. The result is that NYPD cops are perfectly allowed to do that on any New Yorker. They say that is wrong and the Mayor said to his son to be careful.

It was not so much the crime but the lack of understanding that anything is wrong. Personally, I believe the cops in the Garner case acted like many cops act all over the country. Yes it is against procedure, that procedure has not been enforced and then there was an accident. I think the officers involved should be sent to retraining like a lot of cops over the city. NYPD pay substantial fine, and have to review all there policies. The of NYPD policy enforcement should be fired and the person who appointed them. I am not blaming the cops, I am blaming the Department.
The problem with the Garner case is that it doesn't fit the narrative. It was fully investigated by the local police, the FBI and DOJ under the leadership of black supercop Eric Holder, a local grand jury, and they all came to the same conclusion - that there was no reason to bring charges. Either the case was a massive conspiracy and cover-up, or there was no reason to bring charges.

If you think the mayor shouldn't apologize for offending the very people who did nothing wrong, that's fine. I don't see that he has any alternative.

I read the chart differently. It tells me blacks and lations commit more crimes. You automatically assume that it means racism.
The big complaint against stop and frisk is inefficiency:
"Yet all these stops have led to little discovery of actual crime. Overall, about 87-89% of stops lead to no evidence of wrong-doing."
Relying on racial profiling to determine criminal intent isn't the most effective use of law enforcement, and it breeds resentment among millions of innocent minorities.
NYPD 8217 s Stop-and-Frisk Policy Sociological Images

Last edited:
2469A65600000578-2896011-image-a-38_1420390582832.jpg

Defied orders: Law enforcement officers stand, with most turning their backs, as New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio speaks on a monitor outside the funeral for NYPD officer Wenjian Liu

I was so hoping it would happen. De Blasio—fast ripe, fast rotten!!!!!! There is no turning back for you. One doesn't get a second chance to make a first impression.

Minorities make up more than half of the NYPD. Are you saying they are....what? Race traitors? Self-hating minorities? Pure racists?
No. I'm saying minority representation in the NYPD has come in spite of stop and frisk and not because of it:
"We have learned that the new demographics in the department have been accomplished gradually by encouraging young people in the black and Latino communities to go into police work.

"It’s been a slow process. It’s taken years. But now the composition of the department more closely reflects the general population.

"Is it important? A senior police official said: 'It certainly is. It increases the capacity of the force to understand the problems of the black and Hispanic neighborhoods and respond to them with sensitivity and concern. And people in these communities will also be able to relate better to the need the NYPD has for cooperation in the neighborhoods of the city.'”

No. I'm saying minority representation in the NYPD has come in spite of stop and frisk and not because of it:
"We have learned that the new demographics in the department have been accomplished gradually by encouraging young people in the black and Latino communities to go into police work.

"It’s been a slow process. It’s taken years. But now the composition of the department more closely reflects the general population.

"Is it important? A senior police official said: 'It certainly is. It increases the capacity of the force to understand the problems of the black and Hispanic neighborhoods and respond to them with sensitivity and concern. And people in these communities will also be able to relate better to the need the NYPD has for cooperation in the neighborhoods of the city.'”

That was in 2010. Thankfully, the fully unsubstantiated accusations of racial profiling have dropped dramatically since that time. :)

Forum List

Back