TNHarleys solution to the immigration problem

Does this include hiring people to clean your house or do yard work? What about paying someone to cook you tacos (ie the ubiquitous taco truck)?
Most of those workers are part of a service....you know, like Mitt Romney used. ;)

As for taco trucks, aren't they supposed to be licensed? Do you really care what's in those tacos or worry about sanitation standards of food dispensers?

1. MASSIVELY fine employers
Does this include hiring people to clean your house or do yard work? What about paying someone to cook you tacos (ie the ubiquitous taco truck)?
2. Mandatory e-verify for jobs and living quarters[/quarters]
Who pays for this? Are there also massive fines for skipping this?

3. They get nothing. Not schooling, drivers licenses, healthcare (even turn them down at the ER. Sometimes actual solutions are harsh) they get NOTHING
Does this include police protection?
4. Make becoming a citizen easier. The current system is a bunch of bullshit. They make it seem like we don't want any immigration..
Agreed.
No. We cant make every American use e-verify. That just isn't plausible.
But it is worthy of mentioning!

3. They get nothing. Not schooling, drivers licenses, healthcare (even turn them down at the ER. Sometimes actual solutions are harsh) they get NOTHING
4. Make becoming a citizen easier. The current system is a bunch of bullshit. They make it seem like we don't want any immigration..
Agreed.

Then what are you suggesting? Who has to e-verify?

Most of those workers are part of a service....you know, like Mitt Romney used. ;)

As for taco trucks, aren't they supposed to be licensed?

I suppose so. How do you know if they're licensed or not?

2. Mandatory e-verify for jobs and living quarters
The economy you ask? The jobs?
After that gets implemented, create a work requirement for welfare(obviously not all cases). Then we fill those jobs "Americans don't want" AND we cut welfare. 2 birds 1 stone.
If they don't want to work em', then fuck em'. They obviously don't have much self-respect or respect for their families. I would do whatever I had to do to feed my family. But that is just me.

Different ideas? I am willing to actually compromise ;)

3 has been tried, even in California and thrown out by all courts everywhere.

Fine employers - good idea.

Agreed.

Employers.
Diving into semantics wont get us anywhere.

Yeah, so was slavery. Things change.
LOL Nice straw man.

The fact remains immigration has been a mainstay of American growth. While we need to fix the illegal immigration problem once and for all, we also need immigration reform.

It's not a straw man. You need to educate yourself before you use terms in ways where they don't apply and actually make no sense whatsoever. A straw man is when someone tears down an argument that they themselves created. That is not the same thing as a comparative argument, where the same logical structure is employed while substituting differing face, so as to reveal the flaws of the logical structure.

After you re-read the chapter on validity be sure to complete the assignment on informal fallacies before you take the online test. If the system does not have your completed assignments on file before you take the test you will be scored a zero, and you will not be given the opportunity to for make-up tests.

Agreed.

Employers.

It's not semantics. These are very real concerns, that will impact real people. Most of you who are eager to 'get tough' on immigration haven't really considered the kind of police state that will be required.

Agreed.

Employers.

It's not semantics. These are very real concerns, that will impact real people. Most of you who are eager to 'get tough' on immigration haven't really considered the kind of police state that will be required.
Forcing employers to use e-verify? lol
Sorry, I just cant follow that reasoning.

It's not semantics.

You are conflating employing someone with buying something from a business they are operating. If you aren't playing semantics, you're being a fucking idiot.

Not at all. The two aren't as easily distinguished as you might imagine. And they're no different in principle. Is paying someone to mow your lawn "employing" them, or buying something from a business?

Employers.

I'm not surprised. But you should. Reasoning is required for wise decision making.

Left wingers want every father to get a background check on his child before giving them a single-shot .22 rifle for Christmas. If they can make that proposal work, why not have e-verify for every employer?

Do you asked for health department credentials from every food vendor you patronize? What if they are faking their documents?
So you believe restaurants, bars & grills, hot dog vendors and all other sellers of food should be unregulated? Interesting.

If I'm wrong, why are you drawing a distinction for taco trucks/stands?

Left wingers want every father to get a background check on his child before giving them a single-shot .22 rifle for Christmas. If they can make that proposal work, why not have e-verify for every employer?

If you want to follow the lead of left-wingers, you could certainly do that. But isn't it overbearing government in both cases?

Employers.

I'm not surprised. But you should. Reasoning is required for wise decision making.
Lol absolutely. But you are grasping at straws. There is a difference.

Do you asked for health department credentials from every food vendor you patronize? What if they are faking their documents?
So you believe restaurants, bars & grills, hot dog vendors and all other sellers of food should be unregulated? Interesting.

If I'm wrong, why are you drawing a distinction for taco trucks/stands?

Well, they should either all be regulated, or all not. But that's not really the issue. You're insisting that employers function as immigration officers. I'm asking why consumers shouldn't be tasked with the same responsibility. If employers have to perform intensive investigations on everyone they hire, why should consumers who buy goods and services from people the don't know?

If you want to follow the lead of left-wingers, you could certainly do that. But isn't it overbearing government in both cases?
A good point. Will you be voting Libertarian this election or will you be voting Democrat? Neither?

Forum List

Back