to all the gays, and the Leftist loons who support them...

Here's a question for you. You people believe that the government has the right to force a Christian business owner to act against their conscience, though many of you would argue against it if the rolls were reversed. I know. I've seen you do it. Anyway, here's the question. If you give the government this power, would you trust them to use it wisely?

Mr. Right with all due respect the government does have the power. BUT the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 is designed to keep the government in check and keep it from over reaching.

The Burwell vs Hobby Lobby case has catapulted that law into a whole new area because with the Hobby Lobby win the Justices ruled in favor of protecting "closely held for profits".

This was a landmark decision.

Now States will be dealing with cases of religious freedoms for "closely held for profits".

The world has changed drastically with this decision. For the better.
Indiana RFRA was written to allow not just "closely held" corps.

ANY Corporation.

Even large multi-nationals with ****ton of stockholders. Yep, they to - according to that law - can have a religious belief.

Adelsbach_JesusNoPizzaForGays_marquee_100.jpg
Adelsbach_JesusNoPizzaForGays_marquee_100.jpg

In the Hobby Lobby ruling, Ginsburg was right in her dissent when she said it would create havoc -- giving the green light for states to write RFRA's like this.

"The court, I fear, has ventured into a minefield." she said

Also, too: "Although the Court attempts to cabin its language to closely held corporations, its logic extends to corporations of any size, public or private. Little doubt that RFRA claims will proliferate." -Ginsburg

Bingo, she hit it on the head.

Here's a question for you. You people believe that the government has the right to force a Christian business owner to act against their conscience, though many of you would argue against it if the rolls were reversed. I know. I've seen you do it. Anyway, here's the question. If you give the government this power, would you trust them to use it wisely?

If you cannot in good conscience let a gay couple come into your restaurant to have lunch,

then your conscience is fucked up. It's not the responsibility of the US government to enable harm to others for the sake of defending your fucked up conscience.

No one is talking about not providing every day services. That would be discrimination.

We are talking about the participation in what a person of faith believes to be a sinful act, same sex marriage.

It's a whole different ball game.

For example, Hobby Lobby had no problem with providing contraception to their employees.

But providing the abortion pill was against their faith because they would become a participant in a sin.

And they won based on RFRA. For profits have been recognized by the Supremes to have religious rights.

No one? Are you insane?

btw
Hobby Lobby participates in commerce with China where abortions can be mandatory. They're hypocritical cretins.

That falls under the old testament international commerce clause.

If you cannot in good conscience let a gay couple come into your restaurant to have lunch,

then your conscience is fucked up. It's not the responsibility of the US government to enable harm to others for the sake of defending your fucked up conscience.

No one is talking about not providing every day services. That would be discrimination.

We are talking about the participation in what a person of faith believes to be a sinful act, same sex marriage.

For example, Hobby Lobby had no problem with providing contraception to their employees.

But providing the abortion pill was against their faith because they would become a participant in a sin.

And they won based on RFRA. For profits have been recognized by the Supremes to have religious rights.

No one? Are you insane?

btw
Hobby Lobby participates in commerce with China where abortions can be mandatory. They're hypocritical cretins.

I'm very aware of the one child policy in China. Hypocrisy? Does the Chinese government require Hobby Lobby to provide the abortion pill?

Because Hobby Lobby had no problem with contraception. But they went to the highest court in the land to get a ruling on whether or not they had to participate in the abortion of an employee by providing the funding for the abortion pill.

If you have a link to China requiring Hobby Lobby to provide this abortion service to their employees I'd love to see it.

Last edited:
GOP reasoning. If you don't support hate, you must be a loon.

No one? Are you insane?

btw

I'm very aware of the one child policy in China. Hypocrisy? Does the Chinese government require Hobby Lobby to provide the abortion pill?

Because Hobby Lobby had no problem with contraception. But they went to the highest court in the land to get a ruling on whether or not they had to participate in the abortion of an employee by providing the funding for the abortion pill.

If you have a link to China requiring Hobby Lobby to provide this abortion service to their employees I'd love to see it.
Nitwit. China is a communist country. They do what they want.

Where is the Christian's conscience for the person(s) they have slighted with their unrighteous judgement?
I don't recall Christ ever advocating for selfserving judgements of others. I believe it was just the opposite.

Mr. Right with all due respect the government does have the power. BUT the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 is designed to keep the government in check and keep it from over reaching.

The Burwell vs Hobby Lobby case has catapulted that law into a whole new area because with the Hobby Lobby win the Justices ruled in favor of protecting "closely held for profits".

This was a landmark decision.

Now States will be dealing with cases of religious freedoms for "closely held for profits".

The world has changed drastically with this decision. For the better.
Indiana RFRA was written to allow not just "closely held" corps.

ANY Corporation.

Even large multi-nationals with ****ton of stockholders. Yep, they to - according to that law - can have a religious belief.

And?

"Douglas Laycock, a law professor at the University of Virginia, cited the Dictionary Act of the United States Code, which defines a "person" to include corporations, companies, associations, firms, partnerships, societies, joint stock companies, as well as individuals.

That language, which the Supreme Court justices used in deciding the Hobby Lobby case, is present in Indiana's RFRA.

Laycock is one of 16 legal scholars who, last February, sent a letter to Sen. Brent Steele supporting RFRA.

He also said although businesses or corporations may file claims on the grounds of religious exercise, they have no assurance of victory.

"It means they're covered by the statute," Laycock said. "It doesn't mean that they will prevail in court."

Good list of how Indiana's original RFRA compares to the Federal version.

Pro's and cons included.

How Indiana s RFRA differs from federal version

No one? Are you insane?

btw

Give me the link then to China requiring Hobby Lobby to provide the abortion pill to their employees in China.

If China does not require Hobby Lobby to provide the abortion pill as compared to the ACA act then they aren't hypocrites whatsoever.

The gov't can only stand on the side of freedom for all people, not freedom for some people to discriminate against others in the free marketplace because they're gay or lesbian or transgendered.

Yes ... The government can only stand on the side of freedom for all people who want gay wedding cakes.
Not necessarily on the side of freedom for people who want assault weapons though ... Because those people are wrong and really aren't part of the "all people" anyway.

No one? Are you insane?

btw

So you see no hypocrisy in Hobby Lobby buying hundreds of millions of dollars in goods from Chinese plants where the government's OFFICIAL POLICY is one child while the same company, Hobby Lobby, went to court so it wouldn't be funding defacto abortions?

Seems to me that they're giving hundreds of millions of dollars to an entity, Beijing, that is going to abort millions of babies all while stating they shouldn't have to here in the US because it's against their beliefs.

If I'm wrong about that..tell me where I'm wrong. Would you, please?

No one? Are you insane?

btw

Give me the link then to China requiring Hobby Lobby to provide the abortion pill to their employees in China.

If China does not require Hobby Lobby to provide the abortion pill as compared to the ACA act then they aren't hypocrites whatsoever.

China requires payment for their goods.

No one? Are you insane?

btw

Every paycheck Hobby Lobby cuts for an employee provides the means to acquire an abortion.

To all of the Conservative Loons like yourself here is a question for you:

You believe that Christian business owners are exempt from laws if they just really, really don't like them.

If you give Christians the power to ignore any law that they want to, why would you deny that to Muslims? Or Jews? Or Atheists?

Are you Conservatives? Or Anarchists?

No one? Are you insane?

btw

Every paycheck Hobby Lobby cuts for an employee provides the means to acquire an abortion.

First and foremost the ruling for Hobby Lobby was based on government over reach in the contraception mandate.

Now in foreign countries where our corporations have very little sway with the government, they aren't directly participating. It's a fine line.

Just like Apple doing business in countries that execute gays.

I certainly don't believe that Apple is contributing to the executions. Nor do I think other companies present in those countries are contributing to the execution or imprisonment of gays.

Some do. I don't.

But on home turf in this country where Hobby Lobby can take a legal and religious stand, they have. And the Justices sided with Hobby Lobby.

You believe that Christian business owners are exempt from laws if they just really, really don't like them.

If you give Christians the power to ignore any law that they want to, why would you deny that to Muslims? Or Jews? Or Atheists?

The Religious Freedom Restoration Act protects all faiths. The RFRA that was enacted with huge bi partisan support and signed by President Clinton in 1993 actually came about to protect First Nations religious rights and freedoms.

All are protected.

The Religious Freedom Restoration Act protects all faiths. The RFRA that was enacted with huge bi partisan support and signed by President Clinton in 1993 actually came about to protect First Nations religious rights and freedoms.

All are protected.

Public Accommodation laws protect all faiths- all faiths- not just Christians.

Forum List

Back