To My Republican Friends......What Needs to Be Done to Win National Elections

o sorry i just realized you want republicans to reply....my bad

Bones, I respect your opinion. I want anyone to reply.

As for me, I support a lot of the Republican positions, but the nutty social positions on many issues drives me crazy. I have no problem with gay marriage. I am not gay. It does not affect my life. Why do so many conservative straight people get upset about this? Do they think random gangs of gays are going to convert their precious children to a gay lifestyle? It's nuts.

Similarly, stay out of women's private parts (this goes for both political parties btw). Both parties are trying to control women through reproduction. Stay the fuck out of it. I am not female, but for damn sure would want to make my own choices in this area. Stay out of it. Women are not stupid. They can make up their own mind.

Whew...had to get that off my chest.

Thanks for your response as well.

You know ... I am a rather conservative Strict Constructionist (politically speaking).
I think people successfully bastardize politics, government, religion and society as a whole ... When they assess the opportunities or need to be governed ... On desire or personal benefit.

I am somewhat amused when with the exception of rape or the mother's health … People talk about the ability of a woman to use proper judgment concerning their pregnancy and their abortion to start with.
I still wholeheartedly support legalized abortion … As long as it means that professional services are available … And women who are going to make that choice … Are not forced to go to some illegal chop-shop for the procedure.

More importantly … It is the existing law.

As far as gay marriage and civil unions are concerned … I believe that is a matter that should be left to the states and not a national or federal referendum.
Let the people in each states decide how they will recognize their citizens … And what benefits will be extended to homosexual couples … As each state is the issuer of the marriage license and requirements for any couple vary between them.
Attempts to push an agenda either in support of or against gay marriage on the federal level … Loses some of its legitimacy as it becomes a political issue more than a civil issue.

More importantly … The states have the ability to determine the laws within their jurisdictions … And as far as federal concerns regarding a married couple … A state issued license to marry means the same one way or the other.

Any Christian that has a personal relationship with God … Can likewise assure you that no person can actually be forced to worship God.
Even in the most strict and demanding theocracies … Whether or not someone worships God is determined by what they believe … And not by what anyone else says or does.
If anyone is ever set upon by the Holy Spirit involuntarily because they heard a prayer before the local high school football game … That would only seriously go further towards demonstrating the power of the Almighty.

More importantly … Freedom of religion and association are protected rights under the Constitution … And as every conceivable minority begs for tolerance in our society … It would go further if they showed a little.

What does any of this mean to the Republican Party and their ability to win a national election … Who really gives a shit?
The answer people are looking for most of the time … Involves the surrender of Conservative ideas … And institutes a political landscape that doesn't respect their views in the first place.
If it means Conservatives are pushed further into the dark and out of office … then that is price we accept for being true to the virtues of independence, personal responsibility and the only real ability to make a choice about anything.
People have always attempted to make things easier to suit their desires … While politicians and government have always plundered this sentiment for their own gain.

The only way Republicans or Conservatives can ever make considerable gains … Is when they figure out a way to get the millions of real Conservatives who are so disgusted with government that they don't vote … To show up at the polls on election day.
Johnny Hayseed who has a wife and two children … Provides for his family … May or may not go to church on Sunday … And hates an overbearing government and political environment … Needs to get the hell off his tractor.
If he, his wife, and like minded neighbors show up at the polls on election day … Progressive Liberals are done for.

Last edited:
The American public is lined up against amnesty. Some hispanics might be for it, but to pass amnesty, politicians would have to literally put a stick in the eye of Americans.

Public Revolts Against Obama, Political Establishment's Amnesty Efforts

If republicans are going to continue massive government give aways, bigger public benefits, expanded to more people, and create more political special interest groups, it doesn't matter whether it is a republican or a democrat in office. The idea is not simply to get more republicans in office if they are going to continue the same failed policies that got us in this mess. The idea is to change the direction of the country.

In order for the GOP to win:

1. tell the truth about the failures of liberalism
2. have a valid plan for healthcare
3. have a plan to get to a balanced budget
4. peace through strength
5. do not lie about anything
6. defend the constitution
7. defend individual freedom
8. show compassion for the poor and sick
9. work social media
10. stick to your principles, even if hollywood disagrees with them
11. abortion is NOT a major issue with 90% of americans, do not make it a campaign issue
12. do not be afraid to dig the dirt on your opponents
13. do not let the media define who you are
14. Tell the truth, even if it hurts
15. be positive about the future of this great country.

I have been thinking about doing this post for a long time, and really didn't know how to approach it. I know those on the left will use it as a tool to bash those on the right, but that would be a mistake. This is what I think the Republicans need to do in order to win national elections.

1. Be Inclusive. The message should always be the Republican Party represents all people, whether they are currently voting for you are not. It is completely stupid to me that Blacks vote 95% Democrat, particularly when you see what the Democrats have not done for blacks over the years...but you cannot concede any vote, and you have to reach out to everyone.

2. Stop With the Nutty Social Agenda. America is a center/right Country. Americans are generally tolerant people. If you are strongly Christian and those values inform your life, that's great. But not everyone sees the world the way you do, and not everyone wants your values shoved down their throat. When the Republican Party becomes about sticking wands up a woman's vagina, and talking about "legitimate rape," you've lost just about everyone in America.

3. Don't be So Rigid Ideologically. Stop with the RINO bullshit. Ideologically pure candidates have never gotten elected to National office. Dennis Kucinich anyone? Republicans have always stood for limited Government, self-reliance, a strong national defense, and fiscal responsibility. That should encompass a big tent. Stop excluding people because they are not pure enough. That is crazy and stupid. A guy like Peter King fits that definition. Chris Christie fits that definition. Lindsey Graham fits that definition. If they are not pure enough for you...consider the alternative. Obummer or Hillary? Get off your high horse.
[/B][/I]

4. You have to be about More than Hating Obama. Let me be clear. I hate fucking Obama. He is the worst President in my lifetime. His policies are destroying America. I loathe the man. Many of you feel the same way. However, the Republican Party needs to be about more than Hating Obama. While the hatred is justified...you have to present a positive alternative or it just comes across as bitter and spiteful.

Okay folks. That's it. Have fun tearing this apart. :)

Dewd <sigh>

What the FUCK do you think we've done since 1988? Seriously. Is your head THAT far up your ass?

1988, G.H. W. Bush. About as 'moderate' as moderate can get. Even his President, Ronald Reagan, warned us about him.

He lost. To a rapist. Who we later ran a very moderate Bob Dole against. And lost

Then there was his son. The only reason GW won was because he was running against the worst dimocrap candidate since George Dukaka. ManBearPig was an absolutely HORRID candidate.

And look what that got us. Nothing but one of the greatest peace time expansions of government in history.

GW was a good man and certainly a better president than ManBearPig would have been, but he was hardly a Conservative.

Hardly.

Then lately, the party has run the likes of John McRINO and Mittens Romney.

Both of whom lost to one of the worst presidents..... No, THE worst president in History.... By far. It isn't even close.

Since Reagan, we've run nothing BUT moderates and the only reason a couple of them won was BECAUSE of Reagan. Not because of their own strengths. Which they didn't have.

Reagan didn't just defeat his opponents, he CRUSHED them. Bad. I mean, really bad.

If Republicans want to win again, we need to, 1) Run to the Right with a more Conservative candidate and, 2) Vote for whoever wins the nomination. Regardless of who he or she is..... Vote.

That's how dimocrap scum won in the '08 election.

Fer real. Everybody thinks it was a slam-dunk? Not even.

There a LOT of dimocraps that were HIGHLY PISSED OFF that the Stuttering Clussterfuck got the nomination. He did kinda steal it from Hitlery. Fer real.

Since most of you have the memory span of a goldfish, let me remind you of something.... Had the DNC not taken Florida and Michigan's Primary Votes away from Hitlery (for voting too early), the race would have been over by April. Done.

The DNC and obama STOLE the nomination from Hitlery.

But rather than start a public knock-down, drag out fight about it. Instead of throwing shit at each other, they made a deal.

And when Hitlery started to campaign for the Stuttering Clusterfuck, a LOT of dimocraps who were seriously not going to vote -- At all (they were PISSED) got out an voted FOR THE PARTY.

Smart on their part. To set their differences aside and put the party ahead of their personal feelings. And don't shit yourselves. the Clintons and the Stuttering CLusterfuck STILL hate each other.

Anyway, it's one of the few things we could learn from dimocrap scum.

VOTE for the Party, not for the candidate.

It's our only chance. dimocraps do it. In every election

The Republicans have to start demonstrating their core values, especially a "limited" form of government. They can't be carrying on about how government is getting too involved, while pushing the need for Washington to dictate the proper definition of marriage. Not everyone agrees with your religious values, nor should they. Isn't that why we have the First Amendment, so that government can't dictate HOW an individual chooses to publicly display their faith, as well as not allow government to impose one set of values that others must now conform to? What reason does the "religious right" have to get involved in politics?

As for women's issues like abortion, if the government is to remain neutral with respect to a woman's decision then prove it. Don't fund organizations with tax payer dollars that are tied to one side of the issue - abortions, while making the claim government shouldn't get itself involved in the issue. Seems rather evident that government has already made it's decision to get involved, once they decided to put their hands into the taxpayer cookie jar.

First of all, people like you that want to turn the republican party into 'democrat light' is the reason so many have left the GOP.

It's very simple how they can win, NO republican can WIN, WITHOUT the *CONSERVATIVE VOTE*, PERIOD. If you think 'moderates' and 'independents' are going to get republicans elected, you're freakin' insane. Romney TOOK the moderate and independent vote, and he LOST. Why? Because he LOST the CONSERVATIVE vote.

So I question what kind of a republican you are. In fact, I think you might just be a democrap here spreading this 'republicans need to be more like democrats to win' bull shit just so they will continue to LOSE elections.

Romney got just as many votes as Bush got with conservatives,

He got less with independents and moderates.
Wrong, Romney won more independents and moderates than Bush, and still lost.

Romney actually won the popular vote over Barry, but the kenyan took the electoral college vote.

Don't lie.

You are mistaken about the popular vote.

I have been thinking about doing this post for a long time, and really didn't know how to approach it. I know those on the left will use it as a tool to bash those on the right, but that would be a mistake. This is what I think the Republicans need to do in order to win national elections.

1. Be Inclusive. The message should always be the Republican Party represents all people, whether they are currently voting for you are not. It is completely stupid to me that Blacks vote 95% Democrat, particularly when you see what the Democrats have not done for blacks over the years...but you cannot concede any vote, and you have to reach out to everyone.

2. Stop With the Nutty Social Agenda. America is a center/right Country. Americans are generally tolerant people. If you are strongly Christian and those values inform your life, that's great. But not everyone sees the world the way you do, and not everyone wants your values shoved down their throat. When the Republican Party becomes about sticking wands up a woman's vagina, and talking about "legitimate rape," you've lost just about everyone in America.

3. Don't be So Rigid Ideologically. Stop with the RINO bullshit. Ideologically pure candidates have never gotten elected to National office. Dennis Kucinich anyone? Republicans have always stood for limited Government, self-reliance, a strong national defense, and fiscal responsibility. That should encompass a big tent. Stop excluding people because they are not pure enough. That is crazy and stupid. A guy like Peter King fits that definition. Chris Christie fits that definition. Lindsey Graham fits that definition. If they are not pure enough for you...consider the alternative. Obummer or Hillary? Get off your high horse.
[/B][/I]

4. You have to be about More than Hating Obama. Let me be clear. I hate fucking Obama. He is the worst President in my lifetime. His policies are destroying America. I loathe the man. Many of you feel the same way. However, the Republican Party needs to be about more than Hating Obama. While the hatred is justified...you have to present a positive alternative or it just comes across as bitter and spiteful.

Dewd <sigh>

What the FUCK do you think we've done since 1988? Seriously. Is your head THAT far up your ass?

1988, G.H. W. Bush. About as 'moderate' as moderate can get. Even his President, Ronald Reagan, warned us about him.

He lost. To a rapist. Who we later ran a very moderate Bob Dole against. And lost

Then there was his son. The only reason GW won was because he was running against the worst dimocrap candidate since George Dukaka. ManBearPig was an absolutely HORRID candidate.

And look what that got us. Nothing but one of the greatest peace time expansions of government in history.

GW was a good man and certainly a better president than ManBearPig would have been, but he was hardly a Conservative.

Hardly.

Then lately, the party has run the likes of John McRINO and Mittens Romney.

Both of whom lost to one of the worst presidents..... No, THE worst president in History.... By far. It isn't even close.

Since Reagan, we've run nothing BUT moderates and the only reason a couple of them won was BECAUSE of Reagan. Not because of their own strengths. Which they didn't have.

Reagan didn't just defeat his opponents, he CRUSHED them. Bad. I mean, really bad.

If Republicans want to win again, we need to, 1) Run to the Right with a more Conservative candidate and, 2) Vote for whoever wins the nomination. Regardless of who he or she is..... Vote.

That's how dimocrap scum won in the '08 election.

Fer real. Everybody thinks it was a slam-dunk? Not even.

There a LOT of dimocraps that were HIGHLY PISSED OFF that the Stuttering Clussterfuck got the nomination. He did kinda steal it from Hitlery. Fer real.

Since most of you have the memory span of a goldfish, let me remind you of something.... Had the DNC not taken Florida and Michigan's Primary Votes away from Hitlery (for voting too early), the race would have been over by April. Done.

The DNC and obama STOLE the nomination from Hitlery.

But rather than start a public knock-down, drag out fight about it. Instead of throwing shit at each other, they made a deal.

And when Hitlery started to campaign for the Stuttering Clusterfuck, a LOT of dimocraps who were seriously not going to vote -- At all (they were PISSED) got out an voted FOR THE PARTY.

Smart on their part. To set their differences aside and put the party ahead of their personal feelings. And don't shit yourselves. the Clintons and the Stuttering CLusterfuck STILL hate each other.

Anyway, it's one of the few things we could learn from dimocrap scum.

VOTE for the Party, not for the candidate.

It's our only chance. dimocraps do it. In every election

:clap2::clap2:

very well said. The "he's not conservative enough" republicans elected obama twice. We need to learn something from that.

Romney actually won the popular vote over Barry, but the kenyan took the electoral college vote.

Don't lie.

You are mistaken about the popular vote.

I think he was referring to the legal popular vote. :eusa_whistle:

I only see them merging with the dems. Sharing power, against the people, in charge of the money, every four years or so.

[/B][/I]

These points make sense but I have to ask something and I'm not trolling or trying to derail the thread but, do you think the GOP is really trying to win national races?

They know how the things they do look to the electorate but they continue to do them anyway. When they run people like Dole and McCain for President in elections the GOP should win they know that they are running people who a pretty sizable minority of their voting bloc dislike but they do it anyway and in the case of McCain they saddled him with Palin which was a double-whammy. They ran a man who many people think of as a corporate raider at a time when corporate raider popularity was at an all-time low, talk about playing to lose. Their rhetoric seems to embrace a philosophy which is popular with the Tea Party types but once the TP'ers do their job by getting voters to pull the lever for the (R) candidate what does the GOP do? They marginalize them and in some cases publically attack them for acting exactly the way the GOP knew they would. I really don't believe the GOP at the national level is interested in winning.

I only see them merging with the dems. Sharing power, against the people, in charge of the money, every four years or so.

lets hope that 2014 and 2016 will see an end to that, if not, this country is in serious trouble. secession and/or revolution may come next. The people are fed up and will not tolerate much more.

"light the torches, grab the pitchforks, storm the Bastille!"

[/B][/I]

These points make sense but I have to ask something and I'm not trolling or trying to derail the thread but, do you think the GOP is really trying to win national races?

They know how the things they do look to the electorate but they continue to do them anyway. When they run people like Dole and McCain for President in elections the GOP should win they know that they are running people who a pretty sizable minority of their voting bloc dislike but they do it anyway and in the case of McCain they saddled him with Palin which was a double-whammy. They ran a man who many people think of as a corporate raider at a time when corporate raider popularity was at an all-time low, talk about playing to lose. Their rhetoric seems to embrace a philosophy which is popular with the Tea Party types but once the TP'ers do their job by getting voters to pull the lever for the (R) candidate what does the GOP do? They marginalize them and in some cases publically attack them for acting exactly the way the GOP knew they would. I really don't believe the GOP at the national level is interested in winning.

I agree with much of that, but your characterization of Romney is wrong, you are a victim of the left wing media lies about the man.

Romney would have been a very good president.

First of all, people like you that want to turn the republican party into 'democrat light' is the reason so many have left the GOP.

It's very simple how they can win, NO republican can WIN, WITHOUT the *CONSERVATIVE VOTE*, PERIOD. If you think 'moderates' and 'independents' are going to get republicans elected, you're freakin' insane. Romney TOOK the moderate and independent vote, and he LOST. Why? Because he LOST the CONSERVATIVE vote.

So I question what kind of a republican you are. In fact, I think you might just be a democrap here spreading this 'republicans need to be more like democrats to win' bull shit just so they will continue to LOSE elections.

Don't lie.

:eusa_eh:

Where do you get your stats from?

Nevermind, you're just insane.

[/B][/I]

1. The story line that Republicans hate those not white is just a story made up by the democrat left and the MSM. GWB had the most diverse of cabinets in history, do you hear that reported by the MSM? No one is keeping blacks from being Republicans except themselves. Who signed MLK's birthday into law, Reagan. Who signed the EITC into law, Reagan. There is nothing racist about the Republican party it is a fairy tale. Are there racist that align themselves with Republicans, sure just as there are those who do the same for Democrats.

2. May I point out that the largest hugest biggest social agenda shoved down our throats has been nothing but democrats...Obamacare. Democrats are always forcing their agenda down the throat of the American people. Sure there are some Republicans that wish to end abortion, ain't gonna happen, but if it did would the country be better or worse? No the problem is that the liberal left and the MSM had made every nut case a spoke person fro the RNC ain't so.

3. Again with the ideology crap. EVERYONE is driven by ideology, even Christie. It is ridicules to think differently. Look at the last two Republican nominations, could anyone get more RINO then McCain or more moderate or more liberal then Romney and still be in the Republican party? So I say quit listening to people like Jake and other fakes that don't want you to be Republican they want you to become Democrat or Rino, as if the way things are going and have been for the last 7 years of DEMOCRAT rule have been all that great.

4. Again you perpetuate the liberal lie about hating Obama. Do you really believe that if the same things would have been done by Hillary or Gore or Kerry the backlash would have been different? I sure don't. I don't hate Obama, I never met the man. I hate the things he does. But liberals can't understand hate the sin and not the sinner because they genuinely hate people.

Bottom line. The house is held by Republicans so they must already be able to win elections. The liberals are blowing an election cycle up into a referendum of their ruling of the country for the last 7 years. When Bush was in office the same thing was said about Democrats, they couldn't win election and as always the worm turns. Now it is their time and it will swing back. Certainly Obama winning two elections tells us nothing. He went in the clear front runner and in spite of the incredible mess he made of the country he won anyways. Which is more of a condemnation of the the voters more then one party.

So my opinion if Republicans have to become democrats to win elections that is pure BS. There has to be a difference. No one, NO ONE, wants people to starve that is just pure liberal poppycock. No one, NO ONE, except maybe Obama wants a bad economy. Don't believe the liberal lies and don't think that by responding to them that will make things better somehow.

What the Republican party has to do, and they ain't good at it, is tell the true story. The story of how the democrat's rule for 7 years has done nothing for the American people except put them into debt to which we never may be able to recover.

We need Reagan again we don't need a wishy washy poll watcher.

[/B][/I]

I agree with much of that, but your characterization of Romney is wrong, you are a victim of the left wing media lies about the man.

I agree with that. But compared to the scumbag we have in office now, Caligula would have been a good president.

Here's what I want the Tea Party and the Right of the Republican Party to understand...

A Man like Ronald Wilson Reagan doesn't come around every election cycle. There just aren't very many men like him around. Anywhere. Doing anything.

Especially politics. Politics is a dirty, nasty game and it attracts dirty nasty people.

So when we can't find and nominate a "Ronald Reagan" we have to make do with what we have.... A Mitt Romney or even a (yecchh) John McRINO.

Either would have been better than what we have now.... An America-Hating scumbag of a douchebag scum-sucking racist of a socialist pig.

And that's the nicest things I can say about him.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes.......

I agree with that. But compared to the scumbag we have in office now, Caligula would have been a good president.

Here's what I want the Tea Party and the Right of the Republican Party to understand...

A Man like Ronald Wilson Reagan doesn't come around every election cycle. There just aren't very many men like him around. Anywhere. Doing anything.

Especially politics. Politics is a dirty, nasty game and it attracts dirty nasty people.

So when we can't find and nominate a "Ronald Reagan" we have to make do with what we have.... A Mitt Romney or even a (yecchh) John McRINO.

Either would have been better than what we have now.... An America-Hating scumbag of a douchebag scum-sucking racist of a socialist pig.

And that's the nicest things I can say about him.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes.......

I have been saying that for years. Maybe people are waking up and realizing that staying home on election day because "he's not conservative enough" is stupid and results in electing incompetents and traitors like obama.

It doesn't matter whether or not my characterization of Romney is accurate, what matters is whether or not voters believe it and in the case of Romney, Bain did dismantle companies for profit. They also helped grow companies for profit but the corporate raider tag stuck and not without some justification and the GOP didn't have an answer for that obvious criticism against Romney. He also couldn't run on his signature achievement while Governor of Massachusetts which was Romneycare. He was the wrong candidate for that election and the GOP knew it but ran him anyway, I don't call that playing to win.

Forum List

Back