To Save the Schools, We Must Change the Social Contract

But remember: one enlightened poster in this thread said it's not our JOB to parent, so just let the kidlets turn the tables over and go right on teaching.

Honestly, some of the stuff I read here kills brain cells it's so stupid. Like it needs a warning label: WARNING CONTENT DANGEROUS TO YOUR BRAIN....IF YOU HAVE ONE

It's distractions and disrupts class. Not fair to the other kids

It goes well beyond distractions. In my area we call it "evacuation"--that means the entire class has to leave the classroom when a kid meltsdown. Other districts have other names of this. So not only is the class distracted, the class is either walking the hallways or sitting in an empty classroom, learning NOTHING. Doing NOTHING.

In some classrooms this happens multiple times a week, sometimes DAILY.

And the yahoos here think, yeah, we just can't handle the kids. Yep, that must be it.

(The following is just ONE example. This is happening all over the nation.)

Parents frustrated that their children have been evacuated from a kindergarten classroom at a Brighton elementary school 28 times in the first three months of the school year sought help this week from school officials.

Courtney Lusk, a mother of twin daughters in the Hilton Elementary School kindergarten class, told the Board of Education one child has caused all the disruptions, and recited a litany of dates throughout October and November where the child threw shoes, books, crayons, chairs and a toy box.

“Our children are literal sitting ducks in this classroom,” she said. “Our children have a right to a safe education, they should be learning to read and write and do math, instead of being taught to evacuate, run to their lockers and show kindness to a student who traumatizes them on a regular basis."

'Enough': 28 evacuations in 3 months, parents of Brighton kindergartners plead for help

When you have one child causing so much grief it needs to be addressed. If it can't be controlled then expel the little monster.

Absolutely no reason for that

This is precisely what I mean by the Social Contract.

IMO we give entirely too much power to those who cause the absolute most disruption. It has been this way for years. Some on this site say I don't like teaching my Special Needs children. That's not it. But when the needs of a very few make learning impossible and even dangerous for the many--you know things are out of control.

Really....it's an outgrowth of the Victim Mentality. The children causing the disruptions they have Something Wrong With Them, see. They're Victims. So we must cater and kowtow and understand rather than correct.

And....here we are.

ETA: Many think the children causing disruption have something wrong with them even if they do not. IOW even if there is no diagnosis. They must be a Victim somehow. So again, coddling.

When you don't discipline and the other children are being forced to move from the classroom you're enabling.

This would never happen at our children's schools. Bank that one, the situation would be addressed
How would it be addressed?

The people who work there are also taxpayers. My state tells me that when children turn over tables or hit, throw things, bite or etc, I cannot restrain them. I must stand there and take it.

Let's just start there. Please name me another profession where this is the case.

sounds like you can't control little kids... maybe you should consider doing something else for a living.

Can't control them if the school wont let you.

You're not awfully bright

But remember: one enlightened poster in this thread said it's not our JOB to parent, so just let the kidlets turn the tables over and go right on teaching.

Honestly, some of the stuff I read here kills brain cells it's so stupid. Like it needs a warning label: WARNING CONTENT DANGEROUS TO YOUR BRAIN....IF YOU HAVE ONE

its not your job to parent,,,but its your class and if a kid gets out of line itys your job to get them back in line,,and if that takes an ass whoopin then do it,,,

as a parent you have my permission

if you are not allowed to whoop their ass then kick them out and let the parents deal with them
Against the law in all 50 states. Most teachers cannot even touch them.

My daughter is a public school teacher. I have asked her to come up with all the ways she indoctrinated her students. She will get a laugh out of it though. She does her job although many robots bastardize her because she has her Summers off, etc. She laughs the comments like that right off because those are made by people who gobble up the empty rhetoric. Sure there are bad teachers, just like every other profession. But there are many many good ones who show up and do a great job despite low thought comments made by those who should be showing the nation how to do the job. A few schools in big cities don't represent the nation as a whole.

You just said ......

The Majority of students don't represent our nation as a whole.

Really? So what nation do all those millions of students in big city public schools represent?
The answer to why big city schools have problems is right in front of everyone's face....the parents. ....

It's not that simple either.

I'm REALLY starting to see why the posters who are anti-public education are so anti here. I mean look. Here is a poster who's nailing me on teaching evolution. I just told him I DO NOT TEACH SCIENCE and he's telling me "that's not what I asked". NO, I do not teach evolution. Or creation. OR ANY SCIENCE

Just....wow

He also routinely uses commas for ellipses. Look up ellipses if you don't know what they are.

just goes to show ,,,if all else fails attack the messenger,,,

sorry honey I am a product of public education,,,,

and back on topic, what do you mean by a change in the social contract???

we had one and it got changed when the feds took over the education system which resulted in a down turn of education in this country,,

the old one was about education and the new one is about indoctrination,,,

whats yours gonna be???

Let's do a test and see how well you learn. If you were taught and refuse to learn that's not on your teachers, pal. That's on you.

These are ellipses

Three periods in a row. TECHNICALLY you are supposed to type them like this . . . with spaces in between, but only book publishers do this. So, three dots, no spaces is accepted. Like this ...

It means a pause, the thought is continuing, or I'm left hanging.

You use COMMAS for ellipses, and I have seen you do this before. It's very peculiar. Like this.

"about indoctrination,,,"

So rather than talk about science, let's talk about your punctuation. Since we're so far afield anyway.

I moved on from that,,,

whats your plan for changing the social contract???
Your school apparently failed you.

in many ways thats correct,,,
Were you an active participant in your education? Were your parents active participants in your education? Or did you expect to be an empty vessel that your teachers poured knowledge into?

The people who work there are also taxpayers. My state tells me that when children turn over tables or hit, throw things, bite or etc, I cannot restrain them. I must stand there and take it.

Let's just start there. Please name me another profession where this is the case.

sounds like you can't control little kids... maybe you should consider doing something else for a living.

its not your job to parent,,,but its your class and if a kid gets out of line itys your job to get them back in line,,and if that takes an ass whoopin then do it,,,

if you are not allowed to whoop their ass then kick them out and let the parents deal with them

and there in lies the problem,,,

My daughter is a public school teacher. I have asked her to come up with all the ways she indoctrinated her students. She will get a laugh out of it though. She does her job although many robots bastardize her because she has her Summers off, etc. She laughs the comments like that right off because those are made by people who gobble up the empty rhetoric. Sure there are bad teachers, just like every other profession. But there are many many good ones who show up and do a great job despite low thought comments made by those who should be showing the nation how to do the job. A few schools in big cities don't represent the nation as a whole.

You just said ......

Really? So what nation do all those millions of students in big city public schools represent?
The answer to why big city schools have problems is right in front of everyone's face....the parents. ....

Nothing is that simple.....but wouldn't it be nice to address what I call the biggest problem first?

just goes to show ,,,if all else fails attack the messenger,,,

sorry honey I am a product of public education,,,,

and back on topic, what do you mean by a change in the social contract???

we had one and it got changed when the feds took over the education system which resulted in a down turn of education in this country,,

the old one was about education and the new one is about indoctrination,,,

whats yours gonna be???

Let's do a test and see how well you learn. If you were taught and refuse to learn that's not on your teachers, pal. That's on you.

These are ellipses

Three periods in a row. TECHNICALLY you are supposed to type them like this . . . with spaces in between, but only book publishers do this. So, three dots, no spaces is accepted. Like this ...

You use COMMAS for ellipses, and I have seen you do this before. It's very peculiar. Like this.

So rather than talk about science, let's talk about your punctuation. Since we're so far afield anyway.

I moved on from that,,,

Were you an active participant in your education? Were your parents active participants in your education? Or did you expect to be an empty vessel that your teachers poured knowledge into?

yes,,

So you admit it's not the teachers....it's the law....the law passed by the people of all 50 states.

These are ellipses

I moved on from that,,,

yes,,
Interesting answer. I DO see how you didn't get an education.

So you admit it's not the teachers....it's the law....the law passed by the people of all 50 states.

that law was never passed by the people,,,

I moved on from that,,,

yes,,
Interesting answer. I DO see how you didn't get an education.

who said I didnt get one???

i'm smart enough to have a conversation on a box full of silicone parts,,,

You just said ......

Nothing is that simple.....but wouldn't it be nice to address what I call the biggest problem first?

You can't "fix" one aspect alone when they are all interconnected.

You just said ......

thats why he said to address the biggest problem FIRST ,,,and then go to the next problem,,,

easier to fix one problem at a time,,,

You just said ......

You just said ......

but you can fix one problem at a time , and starting with the biggest first is just smart,,,

why are you ignoring what he says???

The answer to why big city schools have problems is right in front of everyone's face....the parents. If it were the teachers, they could just shuffle teachers around until the inner city schools were doing wonderfully and the rich suburb schools would have the issues.

You're only halfway there, even though it IS right in front of your face.
But it's an inconvenient truth that you will deny.

It's the Democrat / Liberal POLICIES that govern schools and society that are failing us.
The parents are failing because the politics and laws are messed up.
It's the Left's obsession with policies of political correctness and welfare and criminal leniency that's creating all these bad parents.
It's the Left's obsession with open borders causing our resources to be over extended and court systems to be overwhelmed so that people needing help cannot or do not get it.

This specifically is what creates your bad parents in the first place. Bad parents don't just magically happen for the most part.
Today we have mobs of black kids ransacking Walgreen's and fighting inside Disney. SOCIAL POLICIES create those people. Lack of proper intervention, compliments of the Left. These are not Conservative values.

And no, shuffling teachers around isn't an answer. Again, until you can understand the dynamics of the process, your kind will continue to exacerbate the problem exactly as has been happening over the last 100 years plus.

You just said ......

There is no "first" when all the parts of the problem are interconnected.

You just said ......

There is no "first" when all the parts of the problem are interconnected.

first is the one you start with,,,whether it be 5 mins or 5 yrs,,,one is always first,,,

Forum List

Back