To those calling Snowden a coward...

photo_1373191095839-1-0.jpg

Well, if Snowden spends 3 months at every country Obama/Democrats have turned against our beloved USA before returning..he'll be a very old man.

Well, if Snowden spends 3 months at every country Obama/Democrats have turned against our beloved USA before returning..he'll be a very old man.

What makes you think Russia or Venezuela turned against us because of Obama? The past few decades of US foreign policy turned a lot of these countries against us. I even remember a certain Venezuelan leader referring to Bush as the devil.

What makes you think Russia or Venezuela turned against us because of Obama? The past few decades of US foreign policy turned a lot of these countries against us. I even remember a certain Venezuelan leader referring to Bush as the devil.

You seem a tad sensitive...:eusa_eh:

..we both know the countries are piling up at a rapid pace..

What about my comment comes across as sensitive? I know, because I don't think Obama is the Antichrist I must be a supporter. :eusa_hand: If you were willing to take off your partisan blinders for a moment you would realize that no President in recent history has done anything but make the rest of the world hate us. When you spend decades bombing other countries and installing dictators to later overthrow, sometimes people will turn against you. Go figure.

What about my comment comes across as sensitive? I know, because I don't think Obama is the Antichrist I must be a supporter. :eusa_hand: If you were willing to take off your partisan blinders for a moment you would realize that no President in recent history has done anything but make the rest of the world hate us. When you spend decades bombing other countries and installing dictators to later overthrow, sometimes people will turn against you. Go figure.

Nope.. my comment was in regards to Obama/Democrats (the here and now)..

He should not turn himself in, that would be stupid. He may not be a hero but what he did, needed to be done and I'm glad he blew the whistle on the tyrant in the W.H.

That seems to imply that he's a criminal

Is he a criminal or hero/whistleblower?

If Snowden had exposed Bush for spying, the liberal fucks on this site would be calling him a hero, but because he exposed Obama, he's a traitor. Fucking hypocrites.

I'm a right-wing nutjob uber-conservative and take a lot of pride in calling Snowballer a piece of shit

True.

Obama inherited a mess both foreign and domestic.

The irony is that Obama is pursuing the same foreign policy as Bush, but that same foreign policy is now ‘failed’ since Obama became president.

If Snowden had exposed Bush for spying, the liberal fucks on this site would be calling him a hero, but because he exposed Obama, he's a traitor. Fucking hypocrites.

Wrong, dear. He would still be a traitor to the USA...it doesn't really matter which president is in office.
Why do you think he's a traitor? Can you cite anything specific he revealed which represents a real threat against this Nation or its people? The most substantial thing I'm aware of in his revelation is the fact that government does not respect my privacy and thinks it's just fine to read my mail.

If you wish to talk about traitors, let's review the outing of Valerie Wilson Plame, a covert CIA operative who fronted the Brewster-Jennings spy operation active in Iran and other places. The lives of every operative and associate of that front corporation were placed in grave risk and it still is not known if any of them were harmed because of the deliberate and spiteful revelation by high-ranking members of the Bush Administration.

Compared to the hell being raised over the Snowden revelations, very little was made of the Valerie Plame outing -- which is unquestionable treason!.

So, again, if you want to talk about traitors, let's talk about Dick Cheney, Richard Armitage, and Irving ("Scooter") Libby. I'm not aware of anything Snowden has done which comes close to the damaging potential of the Valerie Plame incident. And what came of that?

The here and now? What has changed? Democrats still hold the Senate, Republicans still hold Congress, and Obama is simply continuing the foreign policy mistakes of previous Presidents. You never cared when a Republican was in the White House, and you know it. Whatever happened to the Republicans who would say "Who cares what other countries think of us?" They disappeared the moment you found it convenient to bash a Democrat.

What single bit of good would turning himself in do? Do you think he will be given a fair trial, or will it be a kangaroo court?

The prosecution would hardly need to resort to unfair tactics considering he has blatantly admitted to violating his security clearance oath.

My problem isn't so much that he refuses to face justice, but that he is doing it by hiding in nations that rampantly abuse the very freedoms he is supposedly trying to protect.

Last edited:

The here and now? What has changed? Democrats still hold the Senate, Republicans still hold Congress, and Obama is simply continuing the foreign policy mistakes of previous Presidents. You never cared when a Republican was in the White House, and you know it. Whatever happened to the Republicans who would say "Who cares what other countries think of us?" They disappeared the moment you found it convenient to bash a Democrat.

I'm thinkin you don't know me very well...Establishment (Bush) fiscally un-conservative Republicans drive me crazy..and I'm only responsible for what I say (get it..I say)..well mostly...:lol:

Michael Hastings isn't a coward. He was killed before he could tell what he knew. All in all I'd rather Snowden be a coward and tell all.

The man obviously is no coward.

Based on what? Snitching and running away?

Giving up a six figure job, a girlfriend, and a life in a decent country to spend his life on the run, fearing death or incarceration. You can agree or disagree with what he did, but I wouldn't call him a coward.

I have no opinion of his guilt or innocence but his subsequent actions prove him to be a total coward

Forum List

Back