Tom Brokaw apologizes after saying 'Hispanics should work harder at assimilation’

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Tom Brokaw, the veteran NBC newsman, has apologized for saying that Hispanic immigrants need to do a better job of assimilating to the United States and teaching their children to speak English.

The former anchor of “NBC Nightly News,” who is now a senior correspondent for the network, faced immediate backlash Sunday after making the remarks on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” Brokaw appeared on the show as part of a panel discussing the truce reached by Congress and President Trump on Friday, which temporarily put an end to the government shutdown. In the show’s final segment, the discussion turned to President Trump’s proposed border wall.

“The problem is in Wyoming and in South Dakota, they think they need a wall,” moderator Chuck Todd commented. “And in Texas and in Arizona, they don’t.”

Tom Brokaw apologizes after saying 'Hispanics should work harder at assimilation’

LOL at the asshole apologizing for the truth.

An insulated left wing idiot stumbles upon reality and truth and immediately apologizes. Logical.

LOL!!! It is making front page news with the moron liberals!!!!

Tom Brokaw, the veteran NBC newsman, has apologized for saying that Hispanic immigrants need to do a better job of assimilating to the United States and teaching their children to speak English.

The former anchor of “NBC Nightly News,” who is now a senior correspondent for the network, faced immediate backlash Sunday after making the remarks on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” Brokaw appeared on the show as part of a panel discussing the truce reached by Congress and President Trump on Friday, which temporarily put an end to the government shutdown. In the show’s final segment, the discussion turned to President Trump’s proposed border wall.

“The problem is in Wyoming and in South Dakota, they think they need a wall,” moderator Chuck Todd commented. “And in Texas and in Arizona, they don’t.”

PCPrincipalMicro.jpg

Like I’ve always said all progressives are fucked in the head

Is NBC scratching Mr. Brokaw from their history and their website? Is this enough to put him in the same broadcast status as Matt Lauer or Cosby or Roseanne?

What the left does to remove people from history nowadays is reminiscent of Uncle Joe Stalin's actions back in the day, when guys that fell into disrepute like Nick Yezhov had their presence completely erased.

I met a man from Mexico who had been in country for 18 years and didn't know a word of English.

So yes, Brokaw has a point.

I met a man from Mexico who had been in country for 18 years and didn't know a word of English.

So yes, Brokaw has a point.

I heard of a man from Mexico who has been an Illegal in this country for so long, not only doesn't he know a word of English- he forgot Spanish.

. Brokaw is right. If you want to remain poor in this country, don't learn English.

Is NBC scratching Mr. Brokaw from their history and their website? Is this enough to put him in the same broadcast status as Matt Lauer or Cosby or Roseanne?

What the left does to remove people from history nowadays is reminiscent of Uncle Joe Stalin's actions back in the day, when guys that fell into disrepute like Nick Yezhov had their presence completely erased.
"Stricken! From every monument, every obelisk, the name of Moses shall be stricken. Never to be spoken again."

Last edited:
The Official Language Of Louisiana Is Still French
I've Been Way Off The Beaten Track
And It Can Be Fascinating
So I'm Not Particularly Uptight About The Language Thing

It's The Lack Of Cultural Assimilation That Worries Me

download.jpg

The Official Language Of Louisiana Is Still French
I've Been Way Off The Beaten Track
And It Can Be Fascinating
So I'm Not Particularly Uptight About The Language Thing

It's The Lack Of Cultural Assimilation That Worries Me

View attachment 242771

They assimilate more then one would think. Around here Latino Americans typically refer to illegals as wetbacks, border brothers, or simply as trash. Those who do that are assimilated.

Wow, those who are mad at him act like what he said is the worst thing that anyone could say.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

I think he was trying to say both sides need to do a better job

But I doubt today’s immigrants are any worse than immigrants of the past. A hundred years ago, immigrants flocked to Little Italy, Germantown, Chinatown where they lived with fellow immigrants.
They spoke their native tongue and kept their culture
Their children learned the language and picked up our culture

I think he was trying to say both sides need to do a better job

But I doubt today’s immigrants are any worse than immigrants of the past. A hundred years ago, immigrants flocked to Little Italy, Germantown, Chinatown where they lived with fellow immigrants.
They spoke their native tongue and kept their culture
Their children learned the language and picked up our culture
You mean the immigrants that came into the nation by legal means, right?

I'm sure Tom Brokaw was just spouting off his nativist, racist, jingoistic nonsense as all network news anchors will do. I don't know where he gets his ideas from.
Of course the immigrants of yesterday, being legally welcomed into the land, didn't have to worry about their children
having no legal status in the nation at all and therefore assimilation was much easier for them then it is today.

And of course in the past we didn't have radical leftist Hispanic rights groups demeaning the idea of assimilation
and parents were actually anxious and desirous that their children would blend into the fabric of American culture and life.

Brokaw got ill from bad guacamole on Taco Tuesday.
There's always a story behind a story.

Forum List

Back