Training Americans To Follow Orders

1. In October 1919, Lenin paid a secret visit to the laboratory of the great physiologist I. P. Pavlov, a Russian physiologist known chiefly for the concept of the conditioned reflex. In his classic experiment, he found that a hungry dog can be trained to associate the sound of a bell with food and will salivate at the sound even in the absence of food.

Clearly it works. You say the Democratic politician key words like "wealthy" or "corporation" and they start salivating with greed.

I kinda think of myself as Pavlov's cat.

Train people to follow orders?

How about

1. call them commandments
2. keep it simple, at least at first, by limiting the number of commandments to, say, ten...
3. make the enforcer of the commandments a terrifying supernatural being with superhuman powers.

Progressive won't be limited by 10 Commandments, otherwise how could they murder over 100 Million people in the last century?

No doubt you saw NYCarbuncle's anti-religion post early on...

Even in the 19th century, as religious conviction waned, the warnings were there. Ivan Karamazov, in “The Brothers Karamazov,” exclaimed ‘if God does not exist, then everything is permitted.’

How then could a Godless totalitarian regime exist?

[

You'll learn that every totalitarian, Leftist philosophy.....including Liberalism.....owes its origin to the French Revolution.
Said endeavor was the antithesis of religion.
600,000 slaughtered.

The American Revolution, quite the opposite....was religion-based.

a. The reason our revolution was so different from the violent, homicidal chaos of the French version was the dominant American culture was Anglo-Saxon and Christian. “52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.” David Limbaugh

b. "Believers in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, or, as they would be known today, “an extremist Fundementalist hate group.”
From Coulter’s best seller, “Demonic .”

So, to those of the Liberal persuasion, party like it’s 1789!

Horseshit. Comparing the American War of Independence to the French Revolution is fallacious at best.

The Founders were not looking to change the social order of their country. They "revolution" was instigated by rich people seeking to maintain their privileges- To keep owning slaves and to not pay their taxes. They were not looking to radically reorder society. Political power was held by white landowning males and that's where it stayed for a long time.

The French Revolution- precipitated by the disastrous reign of Louis XVI - was a complete rejection of a feudal political system that no longer made sense in a modern world.

Second, a lot of the key founders- the smart ones, anyway- were Deists. They rejected the bible as a collection of Fairy Stories.

Third, the supposedly great society these founders created still relied on acts of genocide against Native Americans (the British limited incursions into native lands) and slavery (which had been outlawed in Britain and was phased out in their other colonies by 1830.)

Another history-challenged post.

You really should have studied history in school....at any level.

Duly noted that you were unable to refute anything I pointed out.

If human nature is so immutable, then how on earth have humans made such progress?

The Stone Age is not the Industrial Age is not the Information Age.

You're a moron.

Human nature is unchangeable....but knowledge continues apace.

Specifically....human desire for self aggrandizement, power and wealth, is the basis for existence.

If human nature is unchangeable, then how do you explain the continual adjustments we make to utilize the knowledge we've received?

As for your idea about what drives humans, I point you to Gandhi (Mahatma), Mother Teresa, and countless others who have made service to others their main goals in life.....those power hungry greedy attention whores. :D

By the way, beginning an argument with an unwarranted insult is a low-rent move.

[

You'll learn that every totalitarian, Leftist philosophy.....including Liberalism.....owes its origin to the French Revolution.
600,000 slaughtered.

a. The reason our revolution was so different from the violent, homicidal chaos of the French version was the dominant American culture was Anglo-Saxon and Christian. “52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.” David Limbaugh

b. "Believers in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, or, as they would be known today, “an extremist Fundementalist hate group.”

Horseshit. Comparing the American War of Independence to the French Revolution is fallacious at best.

The Founders were not looking to change the social order of their country. They "revolution" was instigated by rich people seeking to maintain their privileges- To keep owning slaves and to not pay their taxes. They were not looking to radically reorder society. Political power was held by white landowning males and that's where it stayed for a long time.

The French Revolution- precipitated by the disastrous reign of Louis XVI - was a complete rejection of a feudal political system that no longer made sense in a modern world.

Second, a lot of the key founders- the smart ones, anyway- were Deists. They rejected the bible as a collection of Fairy Stories.

Third, the supposedly great society these founders created still relied on acts of genocide against Native Americans (the British limited incursions into native lands) and slavery (which had been outlawed in Britain and was phased out in their other colonies by 1830.)

Duly noted that you were unable to refute anything I pointed out.

Let's be serious.

I run circles around you.

I know and understand far more history than you do.

But a thread on the French Revolution would do what the carbuncle wishes....to change the subject.

I won't......doesn't mean I can't.

1. In October 1919, Lenin paid a secret visit to the laboratory of the great physiologist I. P. Pavlov, a Russian physiologist known chiefly for the concept of the conditioned reflex. In his classic experiment, he found that a hungry dog can be trained to associate the sound of a bell with food and will salivate at the sound even in the absence of food.

Clearly it works. You say the Democratic politician key words like "wealthy" or "corporation" and they start salivating with greed.

Works the other way, too. Say words like "entitlements" and "assistance" and conservatives start getting apoplectic.

You don't get the Pavlov part.. And it's "government assistance." Assistance and government assistance are entirely different things. No one on the right reacts badly to the word "assistance." It is your fixation on doing it with other people's money through government that is specifically the issue.

We don't have NCO, Enlisted, and Officer's clubs on post anymore. No place to go to have a cold one after last formation. It's like Prohibition. So they go off post, get drunk, and drive through the gate and get tagged for DUI. Either that or sneak it into their rooms in the barracks and get drunk there.

Here's a partial list of the Bible's fondness for admonishing the followers of the faith to be OBEDIENT:

John 14:15 - If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Luke 6:46 - And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Romans 6:16 - Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Matthew 7:21 - Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

James 1:22 - But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Joshua 1:8 - This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Ephesians 6:5-9 - Servants, be obedient to them that are [your] masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; (Read More...)

1 Samuel 15:22 - And Samuel said, Hath the LORD [as great] delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey [is] better than sacrifice, [and] to hearken than the fat of rams.

James 2:24 - Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.

2 Thessalonians 1:8 - In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Hebrews 12:5-6 - And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: (Read More...)

Isaiah 1:19 - If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

Hebrews 5:9 - And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Matthew 7:14 - Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Titus 3:1 - Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

Acts 2:38 - Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Luke 5:1-39 - And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret, (Read More...)

2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

2 Corinthians 2:9 - For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things.

Acts 22:16 - And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Deuteronomy 1:41 - Then ye answered and said unto me, We have sinned against the LORD, we will go up and fight, according to all that the LORD our God commanded us. And when ye had girded on every man his weapons of war, ye were ready to go up into the hill.

2 Timothy 3:16 - All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1 Corinthians 11:1-34 - Be ye followers of me, even as I also [am] of Christ. (Read More...)

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 14:23 - Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 4:4 - Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

Isaiah 50:4-9 - The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to [him that is] weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned. (Read More...)

Job 36:11 - If they obey and serve [him], they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.

And on and on here:

BIBLE VERSES ABOUT OBEDIENCE TO GOD

The irony of self-professed Christians mocking the concept of obedience is comical indeed.

You don't get the Pavlov part.. And it's "government assistance." Assistance and government assistance are entirely different things. No one on the right reacts badly to the word "assistance." It is your fixation on doing it with other people's money through government that is specifically the issue.

Of course I get the Pavlov part. Do you think Pavlov's response only applies to salivating for food? No, it's any range of conditioned responses, physical or emotional.

I noticed that you are conditioned by taking "assistance" to meaning "government assistance." You've been conditioned, clearly.

Wait...the military trains people to follow orders. Why do conservatives hate the military?

a soldier is under no obligation to follow an illegal order. See, wytch, he is allowed to actually think----something you libs want to ban.

What does that have to do with what I said. The OP is offering us another of her "liberals are/liberals do..." malarky threads about training to follow orders...something the military actually does.

Liberals want to ban thinking? Do you even care how silly the things you type sound?

tell me, is hate crime legislation not an attempt to ban certain lines of thought? Why should it matter if someone kills you to steal your money or because he hates gays? Why should one crime get a harsher punishment than the other? Is that not punishment of thought?

No. It's not thinking about it that gets you an additional punishment, it's doing it. Do cop killers or child killers get harsher crimes? Why?

[

600,000 slaughtered.

If human nature is so immutable, then how on earth have humans made such progress?

You're a moron.

Specifically....human desire for self aggrandizement, power and wealth, is the basis for existence.

1. The Constitution commemorates our revolution, and, as Madison states in the ‘Federalist,’ is the greatest of all reflections on human nature…human beings are not angels.”

a. Humans are not perfectible, but are capable of self government. The republican form of government presupposes this idea of humans. Our government is not a controlling government, but must itself be controlled: by the Constitution.

b. Communist Revolution is based on the idea of transforming human nature. “The New Soviet man or New Soviet person (Russian: новый советский человек), as postulated by the ideologists of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, was an archetype of a person with certain qualities that were said to be emerging as dominant among all citizens of the Soviet Union, irrespective of the country's long-standing cultural, ethnic, and linguistic diversity, creating a single Soviet people, Soviet nation.[1]
New Soviet man - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

c. Leon Trotsky wrote in his Literature and Revolution [2] :

"The human species, the sluggish Homo sapiens, will once again enter the stage of radical reconstruction and become in his own hands the object of the most complex methods of artificial selection and psychophysical training... Man will make it his goal...to create a higher sociobiological type, a superman, if you will"

Hillary Clinton agreed with the above.

I don't see Hillary acknowledging a darn thing, that's a fantasy prose....

Of course I get the Pavlov part. Do you think Pavlov's response only applies to salivating for food? No, it's any range of conditioned responses, physical or emotional.

The dogs were salivating for food, the Democrats for money. The Republican example you gave is actually of policies that fiscal conservatives directly oppose. They aren't words that have nothing to do with the position. They are words that directly have to do with the position.

I noticed that you are conditioned by taking "assistance" to meaning "government assistance." You've been conditioned, clearly.

LOL, what a retarded point.

First, when I specifically pointed out they are not the same, that means I am "conditioned" to think they are the same? Seriously? That's just funny.

Second, you demonstrated you are the one with the conditioning. Conservatives are not against assistance. They believe in private donations, churches, family. No one on the right reacts unless you mean government assistance. If you did not mean government assistance, then you had no point. In fact it is you who equate the term.

But seriously, my saying they are different means I think they are the same? LOL, you're cluelss.

An anthropologist figured all this out some years ago. He declared that American
Gods were lights, in particular green and red lights. When a red light appeared it was God telling people to stop and a green light to go. I observed and by golly he was right. I then tried to make a Green-Red Light church, but no one came and worse did not throw one dime on the assistance plate.

How about

1. call them commandments
2. keep it simple, at least at first, by limiting the number of commandments to, say, ten...
3. make the enforcer of the commandments a terrifying supernatural being with superhuman powers.

Oh yeah, don't forget what the Christians love to wisecrack...

...they're the Ten Commandments, not the Ten Suggestions..!

[

600,000 slaughtered.

You're a moron.

1. The Constitution commemorates our revolution, and, as Madison states in the ‘Federalist,’ is the greatest of all reflections on human nature…human beings are not angels.”

a. Humans are not perfectible, but are capable of self government. The republican form of government presupposes this idea of humans. Our government is not a controlling government, but must itself be controlled: by the Constitution.

b. Communist Revolution is based on the idea of transforming human nature. “The New Soviet man or New Soviet person (Russian: новый советский человек), as postulated by the ideologists of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, was an archetype of a person with certain qualities that were said to be emerging as dominant among all citizens of the Soviet Union, irrespective of the country's long-standing cultural, ethnic, and linguistic diversity, creating a single Soviet people, Soviet nation.[1]

c. Leon Trotsky wrote in his Literature and Revolution [2] :

"The human species, the sluggish Homo sapiens, will once again enter the stage of radical reconstruction and become in his own hands the object of the most complex methods of artificial selection and psychophysical training... Man will make it his goal...to create a higher sociobiological type, a superman, if you will"

Hillary Clinton agreed with the above.

I don't see Hillary acknowledging a darn thing, that's a fantasy prose....

Don't you know by now never to doubt me????

As soon as I prove it....I expect nothing less than penitential prostration on your part.

In 1969, Hillary Rodham gave the student commencement address at Wellesley in which she said that “ for too long our leaders have used politics as the art of making what appears to be impossible, possible….We’re not interested in social reconstruction; it’s human reconstruction.”
http://www.wellesley.edu/PublicAffa..._____________________________________________

In yo' eye....boyyyyeeeeee!

An anthropologist figured all this out some years ago. He declared that American
Gods were lights, in particular green and red lights. When a red light appeared it was God telling people to stop and a green light to go. I observed and by golly he was right. I then tried to make a Green-Red Light church, but no one came and worse did not throw one dime on the assistance plate.

Don't give up the day job.

Rules, rules, rules, laws, restrictions, mandates, ......multiplied by the agencies and bureaus they create.
Those are the artifacts of Liberal big government.

5. Consider, as an example, Title 42 of the US Code: Laws dealing with public health and welfare. U.S. Code Title 42 - THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE LII Legal Information Institute Today, this federal law is 1700 pages more than it was prior to the New Deal. The reason is the creation of more and more bureaus and agencies endowed with ever broader responsibilities and discretion in defining the rules that govern our activities and our lives. And these rules have the full force of law!

Congress has increased the number of rules whose infractions are criminalized, waiving the common law requirement that one knows he is breaking the law. Today, one can be jailed for violating a regulation that one had no reason to know even existed!

a. While the officials in these agencies are generally good people, they become focused on their particular portfolio of duties, that, often, they cannot see the consequences on other parts of society. Put this together with human nature, and one can see bullying, and misuse of power, especially when these individuals are immune to penalty, and supported by free and extensive legal representation: they have sovereign immunity in their positions.

b. A remedy would be the ability of citizens to sue the federal government to protect their legitimate interests, for damages. While currently unconstitutional, the Congress can waive sovereign immunity,

c. Such a congressional waiver would not only protect the citizenry, but would go far toward defining the limits of federal authority. [Liberals would never allow that!]

d. While not unconstitutional, regulation may be considered extra-constitutional. There may be some point where it is considered to be an unconstitutional delegation of legislative authority to an agency or bureau. Under Obamacare, or Dodd-Frank Reform we see legislation where regulators have not yet determined what the regulation should be…how can Congress allow a law without knowing what the impact will be?
Above, from former Senator James L. Buckley, NY, who spoke at the Heritage Foundation, on his book “Freedom at Risk: Reflections on Politics, Liberty, and the State”

Forum List

Back