Transgender teen: 'My death needs to mean something'

So sad that her parents didn't accept her and she felt so isolated.

I wish she has reached out to others.

They have to live with contributing to their daughter's death.

Beautiful and intelligent girl.

635555357345253130-http-3A-2F-2F41.media.tumblr.com-2F4a2cd70fcadae26f29abcf38ee044433-2Ftumblr-nh42atfkcv1tddhzxo2-1280.jpg
DNA says otherwise.

Teen suicide isn't uncommon. This case is a sad as all the others, nothing special. Blaming his parents was part of his problem. What's your problem?

I don't have a problem but I am able to recognize problems others face and have empathy.

Sex refers to biological differences; chromosomes, hormonal profiles, internal and external sex organs.

Gender describes the characteristics that a society or culture delineates as masculine or feminine.

So while your sex as male or female is a biological fact that is the same in any culture, what that sex means in terms of your gender role as a 'man' or a 'woman' in society can be quite different cross culturally. These 'gender roles' have an impact on the health of the individual.

In sociological terms 'gender role' refers to the characteristics and behaviors that different cultures attribute to the sexes. What it means to be a 'real man' in any culture requires male sex plus what our various cultures define as masculine characteristics and behaviors, likewise a 'real woman' needs female sex and feminine characteristics.

What is the difference between sex and gender

Does it say in the article that his parents didn't accept him?

He feared that he would never be the woman that he felt like inside.

Not everyone is going to treat him the way he feels he should be treated. He needed psychiatric help to understand that he can't control others. He can't control how they feel or the opinions they have. This is a hallmark of the mentally ill. The need to exert total control over someone else.

His parents should have gotten him psychiatric help and recognized what this need to control could lead to.

Her note said so.

Gender roles are socially constructed.

It's a shame this society is so consumed with it.

Gender roles are social constructs,but genders are not.

This was a mentally disturbed BOY

Gender is socially constructed, the sex you are born is not. But the meaning you place on a body part and the role you assign a person based on their body part is socially constructed.

Now his Life meant nothing because he just threw it away.

We used to call these people "Drama Queens".

Not everyone is going to treat him the way he feels he should be treated. He needed psychiatric help to understand that he can't control others. He can't control how they feel or the opinions they have. This is a hallmark of the mentally ill. The need to exert total control over someone else.

His parents should have gotten him psychiatric help and recognized what this need to control could lead to.

Her note said so.

His note, and he calls himself he, is a whiny brat who didn't get his way at every turn. It's almost like he killed himself not fully aware it would be the end. He wanted to be memorialized as the kid who FU to mom and dad and ultimately punished them the meanest way he knew how.

His suicide note details his parents refusal to accept him as a girl, and the efforts they went through to force him to be a boy.

They took him to Christian counselors who also tried to make him be a boy.

Her note said so.

His note, and he calls himself he, is a whiny brat who didn't get his way at every turn. It's almost like he killed himself not fully aware it would be the end. He wanted to be memorialized as the kid who FU to mom and dad and ultimately punished them the meanest way he knew how.

regardless of your cold opinion of someone who is not a full grown adult that was feeling unaccepted and depressed who ultimately killed themself, her parents I am very sure are devastated and would probably give anything to have her alive rather than feeling hopeless and ending like this.

Suicide is the worst death to experience, it's pain you can't ever get over.

Suicide never means anything.

Alas this kid will be forgotten. He could have done more if he decided to live.

Almost everyone who died that day, died unnoticed. This kid did not die unnoticed. And his death will be remembered for the rest of the lives of every kid out there who resonates with the same identity problems.

Her note said so.

She was a teen, and thought like one. Parents lost a child and I have no doubt the are grieving and feel really bad about this.

Almost everyone who died that day, died unnoticed. This kid did not die unnoticed. And his death will be remembered for the rest of the lives of every kid out there who resonates with the same identity problems.
No it won't.

How many suicides for a cause do you remember?

His death was meaningless and will not result in change.

Suicide is the equivalent of wearing a stupid ribbon to "raise awareness" it does nothing

How many veterans died that day unnoticed. Truly a pity that this one gets any press whatsoever in comparison.

How many veterans died that day unnoticed. Truly a pity that this one gets any press whatsoever in comparison.

Any suicide is sad.

You don't ever get over losing that person.it's really shocking and devastating.

His suicide note details his parents refusal to accept him as a girl, and the efforts they went through to force him to be a boy.

He was a boy. Calling him a girl doesn't make him a girl. That's why he killed himself.

He was a boy. Calling him a girl doesn't make him a girl. That's why he killed himself.

I can honor how she wanted to be seen and you can call her him if you want to.

No need to control each other here. :)

Enabling delusional people never actually turns out well.

But will other parents learn from it? Or will they keep taking their kids to "christians" to be fixed?

Her note said so.

She was a teen, and thought like one. Parents lost a child and I have no doubt the are grieving and feel really bad about this.
He. He was a teen, he called himself he. Respect him

Besides that what's your point now? No one disagrees with this :dunno:

The "Pray Away the Gay" never works. It is just a cop out for the parents. Professional counseling for all of them was in order IMO.

The "Pray Away the Gay" never works. It is just a cop out for the parents. Professional counseling for all of them was in order IMO.
He wasn't gay

Her note said so.

He. He was a teen, he called himself he. Respect him

Besides that what's your point now? No one disagrees with this :dunno:

My point is that is sad she died and sad her parents are suffering and the whole thing is tragic.

He wasn't gay

She isn't gay if you accept her as a she, if you are seeing her as a him then he was gay.

Scroll through her tumblr.

Forum List

Back