Trial for Man Who Slapped Toddler

I can't believe he's pleading not guilty. There were several witnesses and the child had a scratch on his face from the blow.According to the mother he was drunk, and she spent the majority of the flight near the flight attendant to keep away from him.

Does he deserve a year in jail? I think that's a bit harsh. Though I do find enjoyment that he's lost his job. He's a bigot. Grief is no excuse to assault a baby.

Grief is no excuse for any violence against others. I know what grief is. Getting drunk and slugging others was never part of it.

He says he didn't slap the child.

That should really be the only question in my opinion. He's allowed (or should be anyway) to make racist statements, he's allowed to drink. He's NOT allowed to touch someone else's kid that posed no threat to him. Either he did or he did not. I say let the trial determine which is the case.

He says he didn't slap the child.

That should really be the only question in my opinion. He's allowed (or should be anyway) to make racist statements, he's allowed to drink. He's NOT allowed to touch someone else's kid that posed no threat to him. Either he did or he did not. I say let the trial determine which is the case.

The racial slur seemed to outweigh the alleged 'slap'.

What will be will be.

I can't believe he's pleading not guilty. There were several witnesses and the child had a scratch on his face from the blow.According to the mother he was drunk, and she spent the majority of the flight near the flight attendant to keep away from him.

Does he deserve a year in jail? I think that's a bit harsh. Though I do find enjoyment that he's lost his job. He's a bigot. Grief is no excuse to assault a baby.

Grief is no excuse for any violence against others. I know what grief is. Getting drunk and slugging others was never part of it.

I am not making excuses but---

There are different responses to grief including anger.

I suppose I would have cried.

I can understand he was grieving, and that he hadn't had any sleep and was exhausted, but does it excuse what he did? I don't know.
I don't think jail time would be appropriate, I think he needs counseling, more than anything.

I am surprised you can understand anything since you're retarded!

Man accused of slapping toddler on Delta flight pleads not guilty | www.ajc.com

Hundley was on his way to Atlanta to take his only child off life support after his son had overdosed on insulin, Hundley’s attorney, Marcia Shein, said following Wednesday’s hearing. Shein said Hundley had been awake 24 hours straight prior to the altercation on the plane and that his son died days later.

“He was grieving and very upset,” she said. “That’s why we’re going to trial.”

Hundley has admitted to making the racial slur, she said. Shein said Hundley is hopeful that Bennett and others can forgive his statements made aboard the plane.

Hundley, former president of Unitech Composites and Structures, was fired by his company’s parent company following news of the allegations.

If convicted of hitting the toddler, Hundley could face up to one year in prison and be ordered to pay a $100,000 fine.

His next court appearance is scheduled for April 9 and a tentative trial date was set for May 13.
~~~~~~~
I don't know what would be a correct judgment.

His son is dead, he lost his job and has been arrested, etc.

He pled not guilty but admits to using a racial slur.

Grieving doesn't give you the right to get drunk and battery a BABY! Sorry, but 1 year is too little! Physical assault against a baby should have a swift penalty!

Recently I was on a plane with my 9 month old. On the way there she was an angel and no issues. On the way back, you could tell her ears bugged her and she cried for a bit. It annoyed people (as does it for me when it's someone else's crying baby), but if someone even told me to shut my child up I would respond very harshly. If someone touched my child I would attack!

It made quite an impression. You obviously didn't think much of a crime had been committed.

The by-product of abortion is callousness and lack of concern for children of all ages, and life in general. And you exhibit that every time you chime in.

But if that guy had been aborted....he would not be grieving over a son...he would have no son...and that child would not have been slapped.

This is good, no?

Loss of job is appropriate. Additionally, a year as a member of USMB posting everyday, but that would be cruel and unusual punishment.

He should also be sent to the pokey for a stint as a jail wife.

I am not making excuses but---

There are different responses to grief including anger.

I suppose I would have cried.

I didn't say anger was not part of grief. I said "getting drunk and slugging others" was not a part of it. I meant that getting drunk and then being violent toward others was not a part of it. Attacking other people physically, this is common practice with those who are grieving? Do we make allowances for physically attacking others because someone is grieving? I don't.

It's really terrible and sad this man lost his son. However, his way of handling the situation speaks volumes about his essential character. Smacking a child and calling it a ******: beneath contempt.

I think the court will take into account the fact that he hadn't slept in over 24 hours, and was greatly distressed. We already know what sleep deprivation can do to a person - chances are that he wouldn't have said anything, or hit the child had he had a decent nights sleep.

The judge will probably tell the jury to take this into account when making their decision.

I think the court will take into account the fact that he hadn't slept in over 24 hours, and was greatly distressed. We already know what sleep deprivation can do to a person - chances are that he wouldn't have said anything, or hit the child had he had a decent nights sleep.

The judge will probably tell the jury to take this into account when making their decision.

That will probably be the defense. I don't think the judge will issue those guidelines.

The judge? No. The defense attorney will of course.

It made quite an impression. You obviously didn't think much of a crime had been committed.

The by-product of abortion is callousness and lack of concern for children of all ages, and life in general. And you exhibit that every time you chime in.

But if that guy had been aborted....he would not be grieving over a son...he would have no son...and that child would not have been slapped.

This is good, no?

Tell me you have watched "It's a Wonderful Life".

If you haven't, watch it and get back to me, you simple minded twit.

I think that, to be fair, it should be considered, simply because its highly unlikely that this would have happened had his circumstances been different.

I think that, to be fair, it should be considered, simply because its highly unlikely that this would have happened had his circumstances been different.

This was my question when I created the thread.

Posters responses vary greatly.~~~~~~~~

I just read about the sentence given to a man who poisoned the trees at Auburn University--used to celebrate football victories. A very different case but some sort of deal was reached. I believe that he legally could have spent 3 years in prison.

Possibly something similar will occur in this case?

This was my question when I created the thread.

Posters responses vary greatly.~~~~~~~~

I just read about the sentence given to a man who poisoned the trees at Auburn University--used to celebrate football victories. A very different case but some sort of deal was reached. I believe that he legally could have spent 3 years in prison.

Possibly something similar will occur in this case?
I admit that now I know the circumstances, i.e., his child dying, I have changed my attitude, which was, when I originally read the story a couple of weeks ago, that they throw the book at him. Some compassion is warranted, but not in a way that should give people the idea when you are in mourning or angry or upset about something, no matter how justifiable being upset may be, it is okay to act out violently against others.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back