🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trickle-Up Recession: The 1% Getting Real About the Permanent Fix for the Economy

^^ and all that would be solved by stimulating the economy using Universal Healthcare.
Which would simultaneously suck tremendous amounts of money OUT of the economy just when it's needed the most. You do know, don't you, that government healthcare would cost trillions?

If you read his argument, he thinks that increasing taxes on soda and smokes, will somehow cover the cost of health care nation wide. It's the most mathematically bonkers positions, but he's held on to it for the past dozen posts.

^^ You forgot: 4. dumb people are more likely to vote for Trump..

This coming from someone supporting the most scandal plagued, and most consistently dishonest and least trust worthy politician in the last 50 years. Hillary makes Nixon look like he was just having a bad hair day.

A dumb person voting smart, is far better than a million smart people voting dumb.

Which is why IBM, Oracle and MS are kicking technological ass?
You've got to be kidding.
Those are the innovators in the IT world. I'm talking about the companies that use their products. Indian programmers have a very strong presence in nearly every IT department in the country, and for good reason. They're well educated, do good work and don't charge as much for their services as American programmers. That's one reason why I transferred to Database Administration.

"Those are the innovators in the IT world"
You missed my point...
IBM, MS and Oracle haven't innovated ANYTHING since the late 90s.
Nobody even knows who IBM or Oracle are except for people in their 50s or older.
And MS keeps offering up even shitter Indian written code with every version of every product they release.

"don't charge as much for their services as American programmers"
That's the key line.

Their products suck and that's why so many software products have disappeared from the market.
I bet you can't name one innovation from any company other than Apple.
Go ahead, I dare you.
Even the H1-Bs at Google are screwing up Android.
Microsoft SQL Server.
Oracle Database Server.
IBM DB2.

These products are the backbone of thousands of corporations around the world for good reason, because they work. You seem to think that innovation began 5 years ago.
They were developed by the Americans who fired for "lacking the skill set" to use them.
???

Doesn't address the fact that innovation has been going on for a long time.
Apple and Google; especially Apple.

The simple fact is that Universal Healthcare would immediately remove the burden from employers and businesses, allowing them to hire more people straight away. From there, the harvest of taxes from the sale of sodas, candy bars, sugar treats of all varieties, tobacco products and booze across the country begins to pool a vast resource for UH. Then the nominal co-pay each visit helps alleviate costs and discourages overuse of the system by hypochondriacs. People paying for their own private insurance suddenly have the equivalent of a 2nd mortgage freed up each month. They begin consuming more which will drive more sales which will drive more production which will drive more jobs.

From there, more working people each day is a new tax base for income taxes which also boost the economy. New startup businesses will no longer fear hiring more people for the health insurance issues. Someone getting hurt on the job won't bankrupt the company anymore; that fear is gone. Streamline costs, subsidize medical school, and limit malpractice suits and you will see our economy go from the red into the black.

Article I, section 8. It's there for all other services that save or protect human life. So the precedent is already set.
Innovation is what would increase exponentially if people with really good ideas weren't afraid of starting up a company because of the health & injury issues associated with employing people. UH would rescue our economy via rescuing innovation.
You are also missing the regulatory burden the government places on people who are willing to work hard and have good ideas, but face overwhelming hurdles just to get started.
Yes, I know. Baby steps though. The huge burden on both employers and those they would employ if they only could afford to is the costs of private insurance.

Still proven wrong. Still lies.

Article 1 Section 8 prohibits what you support.

And it would not do what you claim. You are wrong. As you always are.

The simple fact is that Universal Healthcare would immediately remove the burden from employers and businesses, allowing them to hire more people straight away. From there, the harvest of taxes from the sale of sodas, candy bars, sugar treats of all varieties, tobacco products and booze across the country begins to pool a vast resource for UH. Then the nominal co-pay each visit helps alleviate costs and discourages overuse of the system by hypochondriacs. People paying for their own private insurance suddenly have the equivalent of a 2nd mortgage freed up each month. They begin consuming more which will drive more sales which will drive more production which will drive more jobs.

From there, more working people each day is a new tax base for income taxes which also boost the economy. New startup businesses will no longer fear hiring more people for the health insurance issues. Someone getting hurt on the job won't bankrupt the company anymore; that fear is gone. Streamline costs, subsidize medical school, and limit malpractice suits and you will see our economy go from the red into the black.

Lies? I think you're reaching now. Article I, Section 8 provides taxation for police, fire and military to preserve human lives and anything else our elected representatives decide is for the common Welfare. Do you deny that?

Do we or do we not tax ourselves to provide police protection to preserve human life? Yes. Do we or do we not agree to tax ourselves to provide fire protection to preserve human lives? Yes. Do we or do we not agree to tax ourselves to fund the military to preserve human lives? Yes. Should we or should we not agree to tax ourselves to provide healthcare protection to preserve human lives? Yes, yes we should.

"Wrong as I always am" eh? You wouldn't be showing just a smidgen of panic about this UH topic as related to the economy recovering would you? :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
The simple fact is that Universal Healthcare would immediately remove the burden from employers and businesses, allowing them to hire more people straight away

You have precisely NO EVIDENCE to back up that statement.

The simple fact is that Universal Healthcare would immediately remove the burden from employers and businesses, allowing them to hire more people straight away

Well other than the equivalent of a 2nd mortgage in outlay for premiums and deductibles suddenly freed up for most families to spend that money in the marketplace IMMEDIATELY upon enactment of UH.

Article I, section 8. It's there for all other services that save or protect human life; . So the precedent is already set.

Lies? I think you're reaching now. Article I, Section 8 provides taxation for police, fire and military to preserve human lives and anything else our elected representatives decide is for the common Welfare. Do you deny that?

Do we or do we not tax ourselves to provide police protection to preserve human life? Yes. Do we or do we not agree to tax ourselves to provide fire protection to preserve human lives? Yes. Do we or do we not agree to tax ourselves to fund the military to preserve human lives? Yes. Should we or should we not agree to tax ourselves to provide healthcare protection to preserve human lives? Yes, yes we should.

"Wrong as I always am" eh? You wouldn't be showing just a smidgen of panic about this UH topic as related to the economy recovering would you? :lmao:
How about you have at least enough class to attribute what you C&P?
Makes you look like what a fucking LIB would do.

Article I, section 8. It's there for all other services that save or protect human life. So the precedent is already set.
Innovation is what would increase exponentially if people with really good ideas weren't afraid of starting up a company because of the health & injury issues associated with employing people. UH would rescue our economy via rescuing innovation.
You are also missing the regulatory burden the government places on people who are willing to work hard and have good ideas, but face overwhelming hurdles just to get started.
Yes, I know. Baby steps though. The huge burden on both employers and those they would employ if they only could afford to is the costs of private insurance.

The simple fact is that Universal Healthcare would immediately remove the burden from employers and businesses

LOL!

From there, the harvest of taxes from the sale of sodas, candy bars, sugar treats of all varieties, tobacco products and booze across the country begins to pool a vast resource for UH

You still haven't said, how much do we need to raise to pay for it?
Is it because you're afraid? Or because you're stupid?

Well other than the equivalent of a 2nd mortgage in outlay for premiums and deductibles suddenly freed up for most families to spend that money in the marketplace IMMEDIATELY upon enactment of UH.

Well other than the equivalent of a 2nd mortgage in outlay for premiums and deductibles suddenly freed up

Cool. All you need is to raise "the equivalent of a 2nd mortgage in outlay for premiums and deductibles", by taxing soda, alcohol, tobacco and sweets.

Which will be much, much less than a mortgage for most families.

Huh? Yeah.... lol... total panic. Complete and utter panic. I'm feeling so much panic I declared an economic emergency in France, and Venezuela has hospitals that don't have working toilets and patients have family bring them water to drink, because the hospital doesn't have even water.

But no they are not panicking.... yes, it's really me.

Venezuela in a health care crisis - CNN.com

CNN showed a guy who had to bring his own surgery supplies.... namely an empty gallon milk jug, to catch the water from his bullet wound.

Yeah.... but I'm the one panicking. If you people win this fight..... YOU will be the one panicking. Or just dying. Whichever comes first.

Venezuela in a health care crisis - CNN.com

CNN showed a guy who had to bring his own surgery supplies.... namely an empty gallon milk jug, to catch the water from his bullet wound.

Yeah.... but I'm the one panicking. If you people win this fight..... YOU will be the one panicking. Or just dying. Whichever comes first.

Not unlike private insurance companies and their adjusters, and the racket of BigPharma here in the US, it sounds like corruption has crept in where the money pool is. Do you have any specific details outside of just human corruption that address why those countries are having problems? And, how would you reform the private insurance industry here to reduce corruption in the ranks of their adjusters? Would you have audits of pharma companies and their drugs that seem to get approval faster and faster through the FDA; that are making people sick and dead?

It seems corruption is everywhere. If a policeman steals a billy club or a fireman steals an extinguisher here and there, does that mean it's legitimate to de-fund these human life saving services from tax funds? Of course not.

And, you still haven't defined how saving human life has to stop with police, fire and military and not step one step further into healthcare. I mean, I think the tax money going to police & fire departments is money well spent. The military has a LOT of corruption though and like foreign countries' healthcare, could use some cleaning up on costs. Particularly what we agree to pay private contractors for the military.

the racket of BigPharma here in the US

It is even worse than that. The whole "mental health" spending is aimed at defining those who notice too much truth here as "mentally ill." Obama wants everyone in his health plan so he can pick and choose who is and isn't mentally ill based on ideology and whether or not you notice too much about what an unreal disaster and traitor Obama has been.

It is even worse than that. The whole "mental health" spending is aimed at defining those who notice too much truth here as "mentally ill." Obama wants everyone in his health plan so he can pick and choose who is and isn't mentally ill based on ideology and whether or not you notice too much about what an unreal disaster and traitor Obama has been.
Yeah, except the trickle-up recession is hurting the 1% on both sides of the aisles and they're starting to really get squirmy about it. They know it was their own greed. But the quickest remedy possible is to sacrifice private medical insurance, reform malpractice suits and streamline costs for UH. That will be the magic remedy and even those on the right of the aisle are giving the idea a second look:

A Detailed Analysis of the Republican Alternative to Obamacare
Feb 11, 2015

High Risk Pools for the Uninsured – People who lost their continuous coverage guarantees would have access to state-run high risk pools with no assurance as to cost or coverage levels in those plans. Because these pools are filled with the very sickest people, prior state experience with these government-run pools has always led to higher costs, limited benefits, and even caps on access because of chronic underfunding from states. It is ironic that Republicans would propose a government-run insurance plan they would have to argue would be adequately funded when government funded insurance plans like Medicaid are never adequately funded.
Yet they give no way to fund such a plan they know has to happen.

My way uses sales taxes from sugars, tobacco and booze. "The government" wouldn't even be funding that pool. It would be funded electively by people who CHOOSE to purchase those products.

Yeah, except the trickle-up recession is hurting the 1% on both sides of the aisles and they're starting to really get squirmy about it. They know it was their own greed. But the quickest remedy possible is to sacrifice private medical insurance, reform malpractice suits and streamline costs for UH. That will be the magic remedy and even those on the right of the aisle are giving the idea a second look:

A Detailed Analysis of the Republican Alternative to Obamacare
Feb 11, 2015

High Risk Pools for the Uninsured – People who lost their continuous coverage guarantees would have access to state-run high risk pools with no assurance as to cost or coverage levels in those plans. Because these pools are filled with the very sickest people, prior state experience with these government-run pools has always led to higher costs, limited benefits, and even caps on access because of chronic underfunding from states. It is ironic that Republicans would propose a government-run insurance plan they would have to argue would be adequately funded when government funded insurance plans like Medicaid are never adequately funded.
Yet they give no way to fund such a plan they know has to happen.

My way uses sales taxes from sugars, tobacco and booze. "The government" wouldn't even be funding that pool. It would be funded electively by people who CHOOSE to purchase those products.

You'd need to triple or quadruple the price of those products.
Just another moronic idea.

Why? My model was based on those items because of the sheer volume in which they sell, not their cost by a percentage value. I guess, do the math on how many times a cash register in the US scans a soda, a beer or a pack of smokes or chew.

Why? My model was based on those items because of the sheer volume in which they sell, not their cost by a percentage value. I guess, do the math on how many times a cash register in the US scans a soda, a beer or a pack of smokes or chew.

My model was based on those items because of the sheer volume in which they sell

Great, how much money do you need to raise?

My model was based on those items because of the sheer volume in which they sell

That's for the geeks to figure out. But you'd think that even a nickle for every single sale in all 50 states in every store across every cash register, every day, forever, would start to add up to a nice pool that could be tapped for UH.

Every soda pop. Every Ding Dong. Every Twinkie. Every beer (taxed by fluid volume). Every bottle of wine. Every bottle of whiskey. Every pack of smokes. Every nicorette gum. Every pack of chew...across every cash register in every town in every county, in every state, across the whole nation, every day.

I think that might add up to a percentage at least of what UH might need. And again, malpractice reform, streamlining costs and nominal co-pays for each visit to discourage overuse of the system. Yeah, I think we could pull it off.

That's for the geeks to figure out. But you'd think that even a nickle for every single sale in all 50 states in every store across every cash register, every day, forever, would start to add up to a nice pool that could be tapped for UH.

Every soda pop. Every Ding Dong. Every Twinkie. Every beer (taxed by fluid volume). Every bottle of wine. Every bottle of whiskey. Every pack of smokes. Every nicorette gum. Every pack of chew...across every cash register in every town in every county, in every state, across the whole nation, every day.

I think that might add up to a percentage at least of what UH might need. And again, malpractice reform, streamlining costs and nominal co-pays for each visit to discourage overuse of the system. Yeah, I think we could pull it off.

That's for the geeks to figure out.

You want to raise hundreds of billions of dollars? More than a trillion?
And you think you can do it by taxing each snack, smoke and drink a few cents?
If you ever gave an honest answer, I could show you how very far off your estimates are.

Forum List

Back