True Story Of The Harmless ISIS Leader Obama Released In 2009

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
1402748645631.cached.jpg

ISIS Leader: ‘See You in New York’
When Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi walked away from a U.S. detention camp in 2009, the future leader of ISIS issued some chilling final words to reservists from Long Island.

The Islamist extremist some are now calling the most dangerous man in the world had a few parting words to his captors as he was released from the biggest U.S. detention camp in Iraq in 2009.

“He said, ‘I’ll see you guys in New York,’” recalls Army Col. Kenneth King, then the commanding officer of Camp Bucca.

King didn’t take these words from Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi as a threat. Al-Baghdadi knew that many of his captors were from New York, reservists with the 306 Military Police Battalion, a unit based on Long Island that includes numerous numerous members of the NYPD and the FDNY. The camp itself was named after FDNY Fire Marshal Ronald Bucca, who was killed at the World Trade Center in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

King figured that al-Baghdadi was just saying that he had known all along that it was all essentially a joke, that he had only to wait and he would be freed to go back to what he had been doing.

“Like, ‘This is no big thing, I’ll see you on the block,’” King says.

King had not imagined that in less that five years he would be seeing news reports that al-Baghdadi was the leader of ISIS, the ultra-extremist army that was sweeping through Iraq toward Baghdad.

“I’m not surprised that it was someone who spent time in Bucca but I’m a little surprised it was him,” King says. “He was a bad dude, but he wasn’t the worst of the worst.”

------

Al-Baghdadi clearly remembered some of the lessons of his time there. He has made no videos, unlike Osama bin Laden and many of the other extremist leaders. The news reports might not have had a photo of him at all were it not for the one taken by the Americans when he was first captured in 2005.

That is the face that King was so surprised to see this week as the man who had become the absolute worst of the worst, so bad that even al Qaeda had disowned him. The whole world was stunned as al-Baghdadi now told his enemies “I’ll see you in Baghdad.”

Read More Here: ISIS Leader: ?See You in New York? - The Daily Beast

1402748645631.cached.jpg

When Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi walked away from a U.S. detention camp in 2009, the future leader of ISIS issued some chilling final words to reservists from Long Island.

The Islamist extremist some are now calling the most dangerous man in the world had a few parting words to his captors as he was released from the biggest U.S. detention camp in Iraq in 2009.

“He said, ‘I’ll see you guys in New York,’” recalls Army Col. Kenneth King, then the commanding officer of Camp Bucca.

King didn’t take these words from Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi as a threat. Al-Baghdadi knew that many of his captors were from New York, reservists with the 306 Military Police Battalion, a unit based on Long Island that includes numerous numerous members of the NYPD and the FDNY. The camp itself was named after FDNY Fire Marshal Ronald Bucca, who was killed at the World Trade Center in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

King figured that al-Baghdadi was just saying that he had known all along that it was all essentially a joke, that he had only to wait and he would be freed to go back to what he had been doing.

King had not imagined that in less that five years he would be seeing news reports that al-Baghdadi was the leader of ISIS, the ultra-extremist army that was sweeping through Iraq toward Baghdad.

“I’m not surprised that it was someone who spent time in Bucca but I’m a little surprised it was him,” King says. “He was a bad dude, but he wasn’t the worst of the worst.”

------

Al-Baghdadi clearly remembered some of the lessons of his time there. He has made no videos, unlike Osama bin Laden and many of the other extremist leaders. The news reports might not have had a photo of him at all were it not for the one taken by the Americans when he was first captured in 2005.

That is the face that King was so surprised to see this week as the man who had become the absolute worst of the worst, so bad that even al Qaeda had disowned him. The whole world was stunned as al-Baghdadi now told his enemies “I’ll see you in Baghdad.”

Obama freed him, instead of did not prevent his release is my problem with the premise. The timeline set by the prior administration was followed....I guess you are correct, no guidelines and time tables 2003-1/2009, in Iraq, should have been honored. Tough to toss them out, but following them may have been worse.

1402748645631.cached.jpg

------

Obama freed him, instead of did not prevent his release is my problem with the premise. The timeline set by the prior administration was followed....I guess you are correct, no guidelines and time tables 2003-1/2009, in Iraq, should have been honored. Tough to toss them out, but following them may have been worse.

Obama is either too trusting, to naive, or has an agenda that overrules his common-sense. Letting these types out was a terrible mistake, and the consequences are only now becoming apparent.

Too much seems to get by this president. We can excuse him for one or two lapses in judgment but not this constant string of out right screw ups. He's always totally in the dark about everything, as if that is some sort of excuse. If he's not in charge maybe we need to talk to who really is. Get rid of him......or her.

obama just gave him every general he needs to expand.

Was the whole point to "see him in New York"? This regime would like nothing better than to have another 911 on Wall Street and finally bring an end to our capitalist financial structure.

The commander of Bucca released him if you find orders from Obama, an investigation will be needed. But there are differing photos of him, and reports. One thing is certain, he was involved in Syria & Islamic radicals before he returned Iraq:

“This guy was a Salafi (a follower of a fundamentalist brand of Islam), and Saddam’s regime would have kept a close eye on him,” said Dr Michael Knights, an Iraq expert at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy.

Baghdadi first fought the Americans and then the emerging Shiite-run Iraqi government as a member of the Mujahedin Army, an Islamist force with nationalistic rather than global ambitions.

"He wasn't this globalist jihadist going to Afghanistan, but he was recruited during the Iraq war," said Aron Lund, editor of the Carnegie Endowment's Syria in Crisis website. "The war essentially came to him."

Which of the many photos circulating is he?

The news reports might not have had a photo of him at all were it not for the one taken by the Americans when he was first captured in 2005.

Baghdadi was never captured in 2005, this is just another GOP lie. The government was still trying to kill him at the end of 2005 and claimed to have blown him to little bits October 26, 2005. Even if they didn't get him on that date, no body was found, the attempt to blow him to pieces shows he was still at large and not captured in 2005!

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=17963

WASHINGTON, Oct. 26, 2005 – A coalition air strike that hit a terrorist safe house today in Ushsh, Iraq, likely killed a senior al Qaeda member who assisted foreign fighters in Iraq, U.S. officials in Baghdad announced.
Intelligence sources indicate that Abu Dua, who helped Syrians and Saudis enter Iraq to intimidate and kill Iraqi citizens, was in the house at the time of the strike. Dua was linked to other al Qaeda terrorists and facilitators in the Qaim, Karabilah and Husaybah areas. He also was a known close associate of Ghassan Amin, an al Qaeda member known as the "emir of Rawah." Amin was captured in May.
According to intelligence sources, Dua was connected to the intimidation, torture and murder of local civilians in the Qaim area. Dua held religious courts to try local citizens charged with supporting the Iraqi government and coalition forces. He would kidnap individuals or entire families, accuse them, pronounce sentence and then publicly execute them, U.S. officials said.
Dua's al Qaeda connections extended to Syria and Saudi Arabia, from where most of his foreign fighters were recruited. He set up and ran a system that funneled foreign fighters from Syria into the Qaim area. These fighters were then sent to local terrorist cells, where they attacked innocent Iraqi citizens and Iraqi security and coalition forces.

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ibrahim Awwad Ibrahim Ali al-Badri (Arabic: ابراهيم عواد ابراهيم علي البدري*), most commonly known as Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi (أبو بكر البغدادي), and also as Ibrahim Awwad Ibrahim Ali al-Badri al-Samarrai, or Dr. Ibrahim, or Abu Dua (أبو دعاء),[4] is the leader of the militant Islamist group Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), alternatively translated as the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).[5]

Last edited:
obama just gave him every general he needs to expand.

Was the whole point to "see him in New York"? This regime would like nothing better than to have another 911 on Wall Street and finally bring an end to our capitalist financial structure.
The Taliban commanders he let loose will be training rebels in Qatar.

This guy is trying to take Iraq. It may not be as easy as they thought, but still, the unrest will raise the price of oil......and that's what Obama is after.

The commander of Bucca released him if you find orders from Obama, an investigation will be needed.
You're dealing with people who blame Obama if a letter in their mailbox is bent, surely you can't be surprised they believe Obama was in charge of reviewing which of the tens of thousands of prisoners we held would be released.

The commander of Bucca released him if you find orders from Obama, an investigation will be needed.
You're dealing with people who blame Obama if a letter in their mailbox is bent, surely you can't be surprised they believe Obama was in charge of reviewing which of the tens of thousands of prisoners we held would be released.

Instead of insults I want results, I have seen photos that differ significantly, all stating this is him. Do we know what he looks like & was the prisoner released in 2011? Reports say he hides his face even among ISIS leaders.

The commander of Bucca released him if you find orders from Obama, an investigation will be needed. But there are differing photos of him, and reports. One thing is certain, he was involved in Syria & Islamic radicals before he returned Iraq:

“This guy was a Salafi (a follower of a fundamentalist brand of Islam), and Saddam’s regime would have kept a close eye on him,” said Dr Michael Knights, an Iraq expert at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy.

Baghdadi first fought the Americans and then the emerging Shiite-run Iraqi government as a member of the Mujahedin Army, an Islamist force with nationalistic rather than global ambitions.

"He wasn't this globalist jihadist going to Afghanistan, but he was recruited during the Iraq war," said Aron Lund, editor of the Carnegie Endowment's Syria in Crisis website. "The war essentially came to him."

You'll probably never find direct ties to Obama, and even if you did, he'll claim he didn't know anything.

Fact is, these guys are some of the insurgents Obama released early in his administration, in a show of good will, and this is how they took advantage of the situation. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/15/w...t-strike-in-iraq-was-years-in-the-making.html

So he is bad as some of the 151 that returned to the fight released by Bush.

Let the sunnis and Shi'ites bang on each other while we keep developing energy independence.

So he is bad as some of the 151 that returned to the fight released by Bush.

Let the sunnis and Shi'ites bang on each other while we keep developing energy independence.

And if the Sunnis (ISIS) win ? (as they are doing) Not much energy independence to be had after you've had 50 nuclear missles rip your country to pieces.

You'll probably never find direct ties to Obama, and even if you did, he'll claim he didn't know anything.

Fact is, these guys are some of the insurgents Obama released early in his administration, in a show of good will, and this is how they took advantage of the situation. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/15/w...t-strike-in-iraq-was-years-in-the-making.html

If he is the same man; two differing photos reflect two different men. Nose different, face shape different:

6_122014_iraq-28201.jpg - Washington Times

Forum List

Back