Trump Afraid To Panic the Nation?

those who leave everything in God's hands eventually see God's hands in everything

that's what Trump wants us to do, my friends
Great. If your house is on fire do you stand in the middle of the conflagration and prey?

So much disinformation here...by the way, children are basically immune.

We have Trump on tape saying in FEBRUARY that he knew that to be false...

He told that lie to push kids back into school in order to bolsters the economy

He doesn't care how many get infected or die.

Did you read the rest of my post? He meant they are rarely effected much by the virus. That is a true statement.

those who leave everything in God's hands eventually see God's hands in everything

that's what Trump wants us to do, my friends
Great. If your house is on fire do you stand in the middle of the conflagration and prey?

Maybe you should ask the nuts who claim that we need to take climate change seriously to stop the wildfires in CA. Pure idiocy.

I don't disagree. I would like Trump to be more tactful at times, however, that should be secondary to actual results. If Trump spoke like Tony Robbins but did nothing or did things that harmed our country, I would not like him. Many Democrats would vote for him simply because he was a good speaker, policies be damned.
Reread the OP. It's not about "tact" or rhetoric. It IS about policy...and Trump lied and failed...miserably

He meant they are rarely effected much by the virus. That is a true statement.
The Woodward tapes show that Trump knew early on that children get infected easily as adults and that they can spread it.

Fauci has stated that what Trump shared with the nation did not differ from what Fauci had advised him about the disease.

Now run along. Your argument is outdated.

Yup. Seems the lefty loons are running out of things to accuse Trump of. Of course most of what they accuse him of is horse shit, but then what does one expect from lefty loons who back foot in mouth Biden.

I don't disagree. I would like Trump to be more tactful at times, however, that should be secondary to actual results. If Trump spoke like Tony Robbins but did nothing or did things that harmed our country, I would not like him. Many Democrats would vote for him simply because he was a good speaker, policies be damned.
Reread the OP. It's not about "tact" or rhetoric. It IS about policy...and Trump lied and failed...miserably

Well if you think he failed then you must also think Pelousy failed. After all she said the virus was nothing and everyone should enjoy the Chinese New Year with her.

I'd bet you think the Dems failed as well when they called Trump a racist when he wanted to stop flights into the US to slow of the virus landing in the US.

Its a pandemic shit for brains. It was making its way to the US no matter who was in the WH. It would get here no matter what was done to stop it. That's a pandemic. Unstoppable.

Jeeze. Catch a damned clue.

We KNOW he knew that the nation was facing a cataclysm. It's on tape. We know he admitted to "downplaying" the virus that has killed TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND Americans

He knew that it was far more deadly than the flu. That is was extremely contagious. That it was as bad as the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1918. And he knew that it most certainly infected children.

And he lied about all of that.

He claim he didn't want to panic the nation. Really?

Then why is he STILL lying about it? Still downplaying it?

Why did he not insist that we get functional tests QUICKLY? Why did he not invoke the DPA in FEBRUARY to get PPE and ventilators in place?

Why did he not shut down travel from Europe in FEBRUARY?

Why did he not quarantine or even TRACK returning travelers?

Why did he LIE about children being "basically immune" when he clearly knew differently?

He didn't care about "panic". He cared about trying to keep the economy going (and failing there because the virus simply will not allow that).

He lied about every aspect of this catastrophe and he's lying about why he lied
Trying to understand his motivations for repeatedly lying to the American public about a deadly global pandemic that was bearing down on us, when you're trying to understand a person with the profound emotional and psychological issues this man has, is a jigsaw puzzle at best.

It may really be that he's being honest: Maybe, in his mind, he was protecting us somehow. It didn't occur to him that lowering our guard in that situation would certainly increase the velocity and severity of the virus's spread. That's just a function of an individual who lacks the intellectual elasticity required of a normal President.

There are two problems with that theory, though: First, on tape, he told Bob Woodward that the virus was, in his words, "the Plague". So clearly he held back critical information when he lied to the country. Second, if he were really trying to protect us, why did he constantly mock Americans who were just trying to protect the health of Americans and their loved ones via masks and social distancing?

There's just no way to know. We may never know.

Is it possible that our government would have downplayed it regardless of Donald Trump?

I'd bet they would. That's what Governments do. Downplay shit so as not to start a panic.

Of course many Americans, me included, were watching what was going on in China. Hell. I went out and bought a mask and practiced social distancing long before the CDC came out with those instructions and you can bet millions of Americans did just as I did.

I wonder if the lefty loons would be spewing this drivel if Hitlery were POTUS?? I'd bet not. They would be saying what a great job she did. LOL

A pandemic doesn't care who's in the WH and a virus sure as shit doesn't care who it kills. Its unstoppable unless there is a vaccine for it and anyone with a working brain cell knows it.

Guess there aren't many working brain cells among the lefty loons.

We KNOW he knew that the nation was facing a cataclysm. It's on tape. We know he admitted to "downplaying" the virus that has killed TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND Americans

He knew that it was far more deadly than the flu. That is was extremely contagious. That it was as bad as the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1918. And he knew that it most certainly infected children.

Why did he not insist that we get functional tests QUICKLY? Why did he not invoke the DPA in FEBRUARY to get PPE and ventilators in place?

Why did he LIE about children being "basically immune" when he clearly knew differently?

He didn't care about "panic". He cared about trying to keep the economy going (and failing there because the virus simply will not allow that).

Trying to understand his motivations for repeatedly lying to the American public about a deadly global pandemic that was bearing down on us, when you're trying to understand a person with the profound emotional and psychological issues this man has, is a jigsaw puzzle at best.

It may really be that he's being honest: Maybe, in his mind, he was protecting us somehow. It didn't occur to him that lowering our guard in that situation would certainly increase the velocity and severity of the virus's spread. That's just a function of an individual who lacks the intellectual elasticity required of a normal President.

There are two problems with that theory, though: First, on tape, he told Bob Woodward that the virus was, in his words, "the Plague". So clearly he held back critical information when he lied to the country. Second, if he were really trying to protect us, why did he constantly mock Americans who were just trying to protect the health of Americans and their loved ones via masks and social distancing?

There's just no way to know. We may never know.

I guess you didn't notice the Democrat's reactions during this crisis. What on God's green earth would make you think that Obama or Biden would have done anything differently other than perhaps keeping the country unnessarily shut down for a longer period to create more long term government dependency, which is always good for Democrats.
I don't know how to respond. I can't get you folks to understand that the way we communicate is every bit as important as what we say.

You can look it up (at least, if you had the intellectual curiosity to do so): Many studies have clearly proven that the way a message is delivered is absolutely critical to its efficacy.

I know you're not going to criticize Trump. I know you're fine with the way he mocked Americans who were trying to protect themselves and their loved ones.

I also know I just wasted some bandwidth.

I don't disagree. I would like Trump to be more tactful at times, however, that should be secondary to actual results. If Trump spoke like Tony Robbins but did nothing or did things that harmed our country, I would not like him. Many Democrats would vote for him simply because he was a good speaker, policies be damned. That is why I keep stressing the point that pragmatism matters most. All this feel good fluffy nonsense about how Trump said this that or another should not be the predominate issue in the campaign. I know several "jerks" who are in high positions because they get the job done. That is how it works in the real, adult world.
The campaign, more than anything else, is about the issues. The two parties are very different there.

Well if you think he failed then you must also think Pelousy failed.

Pelosi is not President. She DID however push through the initial relief package that provided loans and extra unemployment dollars to keep the country going
That's what Governments do. Downplay shit so as not to start a panic.

That is a FAILING of government. Trump FAILED us.

And Trump didn't give a shit about panic. He cared about trying to prop up the market

Well if you think he failed then you must also think Pelousy failed.

Pelosi is not President. She DID however push through the initial relief package that provided loans and extra unemployment dollars to keep the country going
That's what Governments do. Downplay shit so as not to start a panic.

That is a FAILING of government. Trump FAILED us.

And Trump didn't give a shit about panic. He cared about trying to prop up the market

No but she's third in line if something happened to the POTUS and VP so people pay attention to what she says. Of course you downplay what she said cause it doesn't agree with your stupid thought process.

Trump didn't fail anyone. Its a pandemic shit for brains and a virus will always find a way into every country. Doesn't matter who is in the WH. A pandemic is unstoppable.

I'm sure the market was the last thing on Trumps mind. Fauci even said Trump paid very close attention to everything he said and he should know.

Try using what's between your ears once in a while.

Businesses are beginning to follow Trump's no panic model.

Trump smoke detectors.jpg

Why is Democrats hyping the virus less dishonest than Trump downplaying it?

He not only didn't get functional tests quickly, he prevented that from even happening by refusing to use tests from the WHO.

I will add that he loves to panic people. He started out his campaign in 2015 with panicking people by using muslims and undocumented people.

He loves to panic those in the suburbs. Saying that minorities and rioters are going to destroy their neighborhoods and suburbs.

Funny, it's not minorities and rioters destroying neighborhoods and suburbs, it's wildfires, hurricanes, tornados and climate change. trump is doing the same thing as he is doing with the virus, denying it all.

Abortions equated with CV19 death is a fallacy of false equivalency: does not compute.

The emphasis on the virus by good Americans is good for America and bad for Trump.

There was no cataclysm. We now know that the numbers of flu deaths were supplemented by putting all deaths into the flu death category. This was hyped by democrats from the beginning. Thankfully Trump didn't buy into the hysteria.

Forum List

Back