Trump Announces!!!

It's the weakest of wins. Especially when so many Reps and conservatives were gloating that there was gonna be a "red wave" taking over Congress and kicking out all the Dems. Nope, sorry, but this was the weakest turnover in a LONG time. Nothing like what your side was saying was going to happen. As far as a "win"? That remains to be seen. Especially when you consider that a lot of times people "jump the aisle", and vote for whatever the other party says is good. 5 seats in the House isn't much of a win. Especially compared to what your side was predicting just a month or two ago. And, the Dems still control the Senate.

As far as calling the Atlantic "the pond"? Are you a sailor, and have you ever been across it? I am, and I have, several times.
Never counted my chickens before they hatch. I wasn't terribly surprised by the outcome.

Never counted my chickens before they hatch. I wasn't terribly surprised by the outcome.

You weren't terribly surprised by the outcome? Lots of Reps and conservatives on here were, because they kept talking about the "red wave" that was gonna sweep out the Dems, give 'em control of both houses, and then they'd impeach Biden. Looks like that's not gonna happen. And, that "red wave" actually turned out to be a pink drip. Generally, in mid term elections, the party that controls the WH loses control of the Congress, and guess what? Didn't happen. The Reps only got 5 seats (when they predicted much more) and DIDN'T take control of the Senate (when they predicted they would). Face it, the GOP took a beating this election.

The infrastructure bill is phenomenal. That's why my Republican senators here in the state of Nebraska voted for it. It's already brought 30 million dollars into the state over 5-year period to develop a statewide EV charging Network preparing us for the future, and that's just the beginning. I believe there is a lot more funding available upon request. We are also getting 191 million to improve public transportation that's a 36% increase over the 2021 fast act formula travel funding levels. All Republican representatives are very pleased with what Biden has done in this regard.
So you like electric cars?.. do you have any idea what devastation and pollution is caused by mining for the raw materials for EV batteries?... no you don't because its done in Africa and Afghanistan... this is why Joe ran from Afghanistan so China could get its claws on Cobalt deposits....
not to mention those cars need to be charged by fossil fuel energy... but as usual libs don't think things through...
Biden says he want to be all electric by 2035... how can that be if the cars need to be plugged in to recharge?...
What a thoughtless dumb thing for him to propose...

Rambtard, which party chairs every Senate committee?

Take a guess. You have a 50/50 shot at getting it right. :badgrin:
Fine but you can't grow the supreme court... or anything else that is crazy left... those two won't let you....

So you like electric cars?.. do you have any idea what devastation and pollution is caused by mining for the raw materials for EV batteries?... no you don't because its done in Africa and Afghanistan... this is why Joe ran from Afghanistan so China could get its claws on Cobalt deposits....
not to mention those cars need to be charged by fossil fuel energy... but as usual libs don't think things through...
Biden says he want to be all electric by 2035... how can that be if the cars need to be plugged in to recharge?...
What a thoughtless dumb thing for him to propose...

Hate to tell you, but all the devastation you're predicting probably won't come to pass. Currently, technicians, engineers and scientists are looking at recycling batteries that we've been throwing away. When the batteries were first developed, nobody thought about how to recycle them, they just thought about how to make them more efficient. Now? There is a stockpile of used batteries whose material can be reused, and, because of better technology today, it's looking pretty feasible.

Yeah, most electricity currently comes from fossil fuels, but that is also being addressed, and, probably in the next decade or so, solar and wind will be able to seriously compete with fossil fuels. They are already gaining on fossil fuels, it's just a matter of time until they are more viable.

And no.........................Biden DID NOT say he wants all vehicles to be all electric by 2035, he said that he wants the GOVERNMENT VEHICLES to be all electric by then, not the private vehicles that everyone currently uses. That is a misquoted talking point you idiots use as a way to say electric isn't viable. And, if the president that succeeds him (next election or the one after that, depending on how things go), can void that policy if they want to, but with the way technology is developing, I think that future presidents will also see that as a viable way to go. Currently, EV's need some work on their storage and mileage to be serious contenders, but that tech is developing rather rapidly. Just a decade ago, yeah, electric vehicles were kind of a joke as they couldn't go very far between charges, but car makers now are developing vehicles that are capable of going over 300 or 400 miles on a single charge, which is almost equivalent to a full tank of gas (I know my Honda Civic can go just a bit over 300 miles on a single tank).

Go ahead and bitch about EV's, but the tech is getting better every day, and they might be here to stay quicker than you think.

Incidentally, when autos first came out, people said there was no way in hell they would ever replace horses. They were wrong then about horses, and will be proven wrong again about EV's.

Hate to tell you, but all the devastation you're predicting probably won't come to pass. Currently, technicians, engineers and scientists are looking at recycling batteries that we've been throwing away. When the batteries were first developed, nobody thought about how to recycle them, they just thought about how to make them more efficient. Now? There is a stockpile of used batteries whose material can be reused, and, because of better technology today, it's looking pretty feasible.

Yeah, most electricity currently comes from fossil fuels, but that is also being addressed, and, probably in the next decade or so, solar and wind will be able to seriously compete with fossil fuels. They are already gaining on fossil fuels, it's just a matter of time until they are more viable.

And no.........................Biden DID NOT say he wants all vehicles to be all electric by 2035, he said that he wants the GOVERNMENT VEHICLES to be all electric by then, not the private vehicles that everyone currently uses. That is a misquoted talking point you idiots use as a way to say electric isn't viable. And, if the president that succeeds him (next election or the one after that, depending on how things go), can void that policy if they want to, but with the way technology is developing, I think that future presidents will also see that as a viable way to go. Currently, EV's need some work on their storage and mileage to be serious contenders, but that tech is developing rather rapidly. Just a decade ago, yeah, electric vehicles were kind of a joke as they couldn't go very far between charges, but car makers now are developing vehicles that are capable of going over 300 or 400 miles on a single charge, which is almost equivalent to a full tank of gas (I know my Honda Civic can go just a bit over 300 miles on a single tank).

Go ahead and bitch about EV's, but the tech is getting better every day, and they might be here to stay quicker than you think.

Incidentally, when autos first came out, people said there was no way in hell they would ever replace horses. They were wrong then about horses, and will be proven wrong again about EV's.
Old batteries explode at a higher rate than new... They can look at it all they want... we will always need cobalt and other things like magnesium.... and it destroys the ground when they mine for it... vegetation gets torn out never to return... its worse than a massive wildfire... if we had a media that wasn't invested in global warming we would know about this....

Old batteries explode at a higher rate than new... They can look at it all they want... we will always need cobalt and other things like magnesium.... and it destroys the ground when they mine for it... vegetation gets torn out never to return... its worse than a massive wildfire... if we had a media that wasn't invested in global warming we would know about this....
There is so much misinformation in this piece I don't know where to begin...

It's a win.......I'm sure you'll be screaming about it early next year.
I don't scream or throw tantrums ( like trump and his ilk does ); I ideal with the facts. Slim margins are easy to overcome, all you need are a few reasonable people on the other side of the aisle. Hopefully all Republicans won't block good legislation. Supposedly, they too serve the people.

Last edited:

What part of "recycling" did you miss? If we are recycling the batteries, we are getting the rare earth metals out of them and re-using the metals for new batteries. No mining required.

What part of "recycling" did you miss? If we are recycling the batteries, we are getting the rare earth metals out of them and re-using the metals for new batteries. No mining required.
For years I've been taking my batteries to work and putting them in with the biohazard waste container. I don't know what they do with that stuff but I hope they recycle it. That's better than sending it to the dump. I hope the government embraces a complete recycling mandate on all batteries. I recycle a lot. I probably produce only one bag of garbage that I can't recycle every month or two. We need to recycle more.

You weren't terribly surprised by the outcome? Lots of Reps and conservatives on here were, because they kept talking about the "red wave" that was gonna sweep out the Dems, give 'em control of both houses, and then they'd impeach Biden. Looks like that's not gonna happen. And, that "red wave" actually turned out to be a pink drip. Generally, in mid term elections, the party that controls the WH loses control of the Congress, and guess what? Didn't happen. The Reps only got 5 seats (when they predicted much more) and DIDN'T take control of the Senate (when they predicted they would). Face it, the GOP took a beating this election.
Like I said before, I don't count my chickens before they hatch....................Don't forget this, Biden's legislative agenda is done....218.....LOL

If that did happen, was it in crypto money. As I think it's all worthless now.
Nope. He converted it before contributing. I still say all "Crypto and Bitcoin" is a scam. My advice is not to invest. But you do what ya want.

Like I said before, I don't count my chickens before they hatch....................Don't forget this, Biden's legislative agenda is done....218.....LOL
If you think the Republican party is at united front against Biden your mistaken
Enough will vote on the important legislation that benefits the people.

Forum List

Back