Trump asks Supreme Court to block the release of his tax returns

Please cite the legal requirement that says Trump or anyone else has to make their tax records public. Keep in mind saying just because everyone else has done it is not a legal requirement.
The 4th Amendment says they are private.

Every president in the last 4 decades has done this.

And, so?

It's not mandatory. Nothing states that a President must release his returns. The public can than consider that when they consider whether or not to vote for him.

But the fact that every other President has done it is utterly meaningless...

If Trump had the utmost integrity when discussing his business dealings and net worth, why wouldn’t he just release them? Talk about schooling those libs with the truth! He has nothing to hide!

I have nothing at all to hide in my tax returns, but that doesn't mean I should be okay with them being released to the public.

Your taxes and your returns are your business. To not afford Trump the same deference is to be wildly hypocritical...

Instead he has desperately taken this issue to the Supreme Court.

The Republican justification for this is logic they came up with on the spot when this was first discussed: “it’s no one’s business!”

How is it any of your business?

Right I’m sure you would have been perfectly fine if Obama had blocked his returns instead. He deserves the utmost financial privacy like Trump does.

He does, and had he elected not to release his returns I would've been absolutely fine with that...

And, so?

It's not mandatory. Nothing states that a President must release his returns. The public can than consider that when they consider whether or not to vote for him.

But the fact that every other President has done it is utterly meaningless...

I have nothing at all to hide in my tax returns, but that doesn't mean I should be okay with them being released to the public.

Your taxes and your returns are your business. To not afford Trump the same deference is to be wildly hypocritical...

How is it any of your business?

He does, and had he elected not to release his returns I would've been absolutely fine with that...
See you can’t expect this “it’s not mandatory” to be good reason for him not to do it. It doesn’t fly. It’s just a convenient excuse you’re blowing. There are plenty of things leaders should do even if not all of them are legally mandated. If any democrat did this instead, you people would not shut the fuck up about it. There would be daily threads on here saying:

“what’s he hiding?!”,

“the American people deserve to know how he became a millionaire!”.

“Democrats are corrupt. If he has nothing to hide, why doesn’t he just release them!”

That doesn’t apply to Trump though! He’s a business man of the utmost integrity! That’s how he become a BILLIONAIRE. Derp derp derp!

See you can’t expect this “it’s not mandatory” to be good reason for him not to do it.

I fully understand that you want them released. What you need to wrap your pointed little head around is the FACT that there is currently no legal reason to compel their release.

You want all Presidents to release their returns? Fine. Make it a law. Otherwise, good Americans won't be swayed by partisan whining...

It doesn’t fly. It’s just a convenient excuse you’re blowing.

There is no established legal precedence for it. Until you accept that, all you'll have is ignorant whining...

There are plenty of things leaders should do even if not all of them are legally mandated.

I won't argue "should". Yeah, maybe he should. But the fact of the matter remains that there's no law which compels him to do it and, without that, the left is just shout outta' luck...

If any democrat did this instead, you people would not shut the fuck up about it. There would be daily threads on here saying:

“what’s he hiding?!”,

“the American people deserve to know how he became a millionaire!”.

“Democrats are corrupt. If he has nothing to hide, why doesn’t he just release them!”

Stop assigning what you "think" (and I use the term loosely) people would do.

As far as I'm concerned, I have no need to see anyone's tax returns. Not Trump's, not Obama's, not yours, no one's...

That doesn’t apply to Trump though! He’s a business man of the utmost integrity! That’s how he become a BILLIONAIRE. Derp derp derp!

I've never said he's a man of the utmost integrity.

The left wants to whine about how it's an "excuse". Well, if they felt that strongly about it, they've been in control of the House, the Senate and the White House. They could've addressed it and made it mandatory.

And they didn't...

I fully understand that you want them released. What you need to wrap your pointed little head around is the FACT that there is currently no legal reason to compel their release.

You want all Presidents to release their returns? Fine. Make it a law. Otherwise, good Americans won't be swayed by partisan whining...

There is no established legal precedence for it. Until you accept that, all you'll have is ignorant whining...

I won't argue "should". Yeah, maybe he should. But the fact of the matter remains that there's no law which compels him to do it and, without that, the left is just shout outta' luck...

Stop assigning what you "think" (and I use the term loosely) people would do.

As far as I'm concerned, I have no need to see anyone's tax returns. Not Trump's, not Obama's, not yours, no one's...

I've never said he's a man of the utmost integrity.

The left wants to whine about how it's an "excuse". Well, if they felt that strongly about it, they've been in control of the House, the Senate and the White House. They could've addressed it and made it mandatory.

And they didn't...
Well see using your logic, you should be basically okay with anything democrats do or don’t do that isn’t legally required of them. We both know that isn’t true lol

Well see using your logic, you should be basically okay with anything democrats do or don’t do that isn’t legally required of them. We both know that isn’t true lol

Of course not.

But I'm also smart enough to comprehend that my personal distaste for something should, in no way, shape or form, compell someone to do something which they are not legally required to do. Going to court to get his returns released is beyond the pale and shouldn't be done...

Forum List

Back