Trump Bars Monetary Transactions on 8 Chinese Apps

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
How soon before this gets reversed? How many on here will celebrate the reversal?

China will only change their behaviour if powerful nations and Good Men force them to change. Peacefully and by giving them an offer they can't refuse. If it costs their economy and ability to extend their influence, they will listen. Otherwise, they will step all over us, again and again (and they have).

President Donald Trump issued an executive order on Tuesday banning monetary transactions on eight Chinese computer applications, citing the collection of personal data of the individuals that use them.

The order, which takes effect in 45 days, prohibits transactions on Alipay, CamScanner, QQ Wallet, SHAREit, Tencent QQ, VMate, WeChat Pay, and WPS Office.

It follows a previous effort by Trump to halt the use of WeChat and TikTok on similar grounds.

“The continuing activity of the PRC (People’s Republic of China) and the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) to steal or otherwise obtain United States persons’ data makes clear that there is an intent to use bulk data collection to advance China’s economic and national security agenda,” the order states.

Alipay is an application from the Alibaba group of companies, owned by Jack Ma, who is listed by Forbes as China’s richest man with a net worth of $58 billion, making him the 20th wealthiest man in the world. The order also instructs Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross to review other apps that could pose a national security threat, and requires Ross, the attorney general, and the director of national intelligence to issue recommendations for preventing data transfer from U.S. users to foreign adversaries.

Takes affect in 45 days? LOL

Trump believed he made them an offer they could not refuse. Seems they could.

Yeah Trump has become the laughing stock of the world. I am sure China is really worries or they can't stop laughing. Excuse me I feel a laugh coming on and it is going to be rolling on the floor.

They got it from the rest of the world.
I’m speaking of the election that that will overcome all trump’s objections to communist china

uncle joe will fix it for them

They got it from the rest of the world.
I’m speaking of the election that that will overcome all trump’s objections to communist china

uncle joe will fix it for them

What happened with Trump is China turned him down with some business proposal. We know Trump has no problem doing business in China in the past. After getting shot down he had one of his tantrums.

Those eight payment devices will never be banned just like Tic-Tok never was, why, Wall Street makes the rules not Trump.

Forum List

Back