trump begs Florida judge to restore his Twitter account

Do you think trump should have his Twitter account reactivated?

• No, he'll just call for more violence

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Yes, trump has learned his lesson and will behave in the future

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
Here's another example of govt bullying companies. Here's the installed invalid doing it.

You have an odd way of showing you don’t give a shit…by posting about partisan horseshit quite often.
I should clarify, for the others who are as stupid as you. I don't care about the shit partisans bicker over. I do, however, care a lot about the phenomenon. It's poison and it's destroying our nation.
Did you know America has anti discrimination laws on the books? Do you hate such laws?
Yes.

And you don't think government forcing Twitter to silence Trump or anyone else on Twitter is government action?
Again, if Trumpsters can prove that - arrests should be made, leaders impeached etc... But the boy who cried wolf needs to come to grips with the whole "evidence" concept. "Because I said so" doesn't cut it.
I bet you love these government mask and vaccine mandates, don't you?
You know better.

Twitter has a monopoly on free speech. This is wrong.

You are right, it is wrong to say Twitter has a monopoly on free speech.

Twitter is just one of 100,000 different ways to express your free speech. I have never tweeted yet I still have freedom of speech...how is that possible if Twitter has a monopoly on free speech?

Lawyers for former President Donald Trump are urging a federal judge in Florida to force Twitter to reinstate his account.

Trump has been banned from Twitter for months because of his potential to incite further violence following the deadly siege on the US Capitol in January, the platform said.

The move to ban him from the platform infuriated the former president. A senior administration official told Politico that Trump went "ballistic."

Do you think trump should have his Twitter account reactivated?
It doesn’t make any difference what anyone ‘thinks’ – including a judge.

This shouldn’t even involve the government or courts.

Twitter is a private entity at liberty to edit its content as it sees fit, and at complete liberty to determine who will or will not participate pursuant to the First Amendment right to freedom of association.

“In contrast, the lawyers say Twitter has allowed the Taliban to post freely on the platform.” ibid

And?

Unlike Trump, the Taliban are capable of abiding by the rules of the platform.

Moreover, the meritless reference to the Taliban still doesn’t mitigate the fact that as a private entity Twitter retains the right to decide who will participate, no matter how capricious some might perceive that decision-making to be.

Forum List

Back