Trump blames Obama for doubling the debt

Tonight rump blamed Obama for the debt under his administration.

1) Most of that debt was due to the Bush Administration's worst recession in 80 years as the deficit in 2009 was estimated to be over a trillion even before Obama took office.

2) Trump had made no improvements in the deficit since taking office despite taking over in a the midst of the longest streak (broken by Trump) of job gains & low unemployment

3) If you want to see huge deficits again, let Trump pass his tax plan. The Bush tax cut was a major part of that Great Recession

I know who did not double the debt.....Trump.

Realdave seems to think that the reason Obama spent so much money is someone negates the fact that Obama spent it.

It doesn't matter why he increased the debt. By arguing that he did it force this reason or that you've already admitted hr did increase it.

Obama added barely anything to debt when you exclude extension of Bush's tax-cuts and don't forget to factor in sequestration agreement.

wapo_bush_obama_debt.jpg

Obama added barely anything to debt when you exclude extension of Bush's tax-cuts

LOL!

Obama had huge majorities in the House and Senate when he was elected.
He could have raised taxed above even the pre-Bush levels.

Why didn't he?

...you wanted Obama to immediately raise taxes in the middle of Great Recession?

Of course you didn't, neither did I, neither did congressional Democrats, economists or anyone else.

Your argument is frivolous nonsense.

Here is the true part about it - Obama failed to deal with our long term deficit and debt problems, but that is far different from CAUSING them.

...you wanted Obama to immediately raise taxes in the middle of Great Recession?

You were whining about the Bush tax cuts, not me.

You didn't want Obama to immediately raise taxes in the middle of Great Recession?

Why not?

Because deficits and stuff and Bush was bad and stuff, right?

So is the nonsense that Obama was powerless with regards to the debt, because Bush.

Poor Obama, smartest President ever, weakest President ever.

You are a pathetic debater because instead of addressing the arguments in good faith you constantly fall back on deflections, falsehoods and outright fabrications.

I was not "whining about Bush tax cuts" - I was stating FACTS ABOUT THEM:

"If you don't count Bush tax-cut extensions Obama barely added to the debt"

You have not disputed even a SINGLE WORD of that, but are instead trying to conflate Obama not FIXING deficits and Obama's policies CAUSING them.

AGAIN:
Yes, Obama failed to deal with long term debt problems
No, he did not cause them.

I can't understand this reasoning.

Increasing spending by trillions - little effect

Cutting taxes 8 years early - debt explosion.

Somehow that debt waiting until Obama took over to show up.

Strange

I can't understand this reasoning.

Increasing spending by trillions - little effect

Cutting taxes 8 years early - debt explosion.

Somehow that debt waiting until Obama took over to show up.

Strange

Can you understand why cats have two tails?

Of course you can't, because the premise is bullshit just like your "Increasing spending by trillions" assertions.

Realdave seems to think that the reason Obama spent so much money is someone negates the fact that Obama spent it.

It doesn't matter why he increased the debt. By arguing that he did it force this reason or that you've already admitted hr did increase it.

Obama added barely anything to debt when you exclude extension of Bush's tax-cuts and don't forget to factor in sequestration agreement.

wapo_bush_obama_debt.jpg

Obama added barely anything to debt when you exclude extension of Bush's tax-cuts

LOL!

Why didn't he?

Of course you didn't, neither did I, neither did congressional Democrats, economists or anyone else.

Here is the true part about it - Obama failed to deal with our long term deficit and debt problems, but that is far different from CAUSING them.

You didn't want Obama to immediately raise taxes in the middle of Great Recession?

Why not?

So is the nonsense that Obama was powerless with regards to the debt, because Bush.

You are a pathetic debater because instead of addressing the arguments in good faith you constantly fall back on deflections, falsehoods and outright fabrications.

You have not disputed even a SINGLE WORD of that, but are instead trying to conflate Obama not FIXING deficits and Obama's policies CAUSING them.

AGAIN:

When Obama didn't reverse the Bush cuts, despite huge majorities, they became Obama tax cuts.

Tonight rump blamed Obama for the debt under his administration.

1) Most of that debt was due to the Bush Administration's worst recession in 80 years as the deficit in 2009 was estimated to be over a trillion even before Obama took office.

2) Trump had made no improvements in the deficit since taking office despite taking over in a the midst of the longest streak (broken by Trump) of job gains & low unemployment

3) If you want to see huge deficits again, let Trump pass his tax plan. The Bush tax cut was a major part of that Great Recession

I know who did not double the debt.....Trump.

The deficit is up since Trump was elected.

There's no way to know what Obama would have done with a more normal economy, good or bad.

He took over a domestic economy in abject collapse and world economy that was no better. The most widespread and complicated economic disaster in the history of the planet, one for which there were zero (0) good responses.

It could be argued that we're STILL not fully recovered from the Meltdown, and that has nothing to do with Obama.

Denying that is an exercise in stark ignorance, standard partisan dishonesty or both.

It is odd that lowering taxes is racist, but raising spending isn't racist.

We are burdening all future Americans with this debt, not just whites.

wapo_bush_obama_debt.jpg

LOL!

Why didn't he?

Why not?

AGAIN:

When Obama didn't reverse the Bush cuts, despite huge majorities, they became Obama tax cuts.
It's both.

LOL!

Why didn't he?

Why not?

AGAIN:

It's both.

Excellent.

wapo_bush_obama_debt.jpg

LOL!

Why didn't he?

Why not?

AGAIN:

You want to put tax-cutting on Obama?

Ok but go ahead and HONESTLY STICK WITH IT and admit that the reason Obama increased debt is due to policies YOU CREDIT HIM FOR.

LOL!

Why didn't he?

Why not?

AGAIN:

Ok but go ahead and HONESTLY STICK WITH IT and admit that the reason Obama increased debt is due to policies YOU CREDIT HIM FOR.

You're blaming part of Obama's added deficits on the tax rate on Jan 20, 2009.
As though he had no power to change them while he had majorities in both Houses.

He didn't increase tax rates in 2009, right?
Or in 2010, right?

Is that Bush's fault? Did Bush tie his hands somehow?

Whatever chunk of the debt you want to blame on tax cuts became Obama's responsibility when he didn't end them.

It is Congress that passes tax and spending legislation.
2012-2016And the president can sign off or veto. When was the last time a president vetoed a bloated budget riddled with debt?
Is there a point there? 1994-2006, 2012-2017: GOP Congress. Think it through.

What does that have to do with the president having veto power?
Thank you for being willful.

Why not?

AGAIN:

As though he had no power to change them while he had majorities in both Houses.

Or in 2010, right?

Whatever chunk of the debt you want to blame on tax cuts became Obama's responsibility when he didn't end them.

It's like talking to a wall.

NOT FIXING is very different from CAUSING.

Are you really too fucking stupid to understand the difference?

Why not?

AGAIN:

Or in 2010, right?

It's like talking to a wall.

NOT FIXING is very different from CAUSING.

Are you really too fucking stupid to understand the difference?

I understand that he didn't fix the "problem".

What portion of the blame does he deserve for the "debt caused by the Bush tax cuts 2009-2017"?

IMG_0570.PNG

To someone who has just overcome nature disasters: May these peaceful smiles lift you up in these black days! God bless you!

Forum List

Back