Trump Blasts Pence For Not Overturning The Election

To be honest, I think whatever Pence thought about the election results is immaterial. First of all, I highly doubt that one man, even the VPOTUS has the power to overturn the election results of any election. It better not be possible, otherwise we could be living in a future dictatorship.
didn't read all this bc stopped by... i dunno... truth and stuff

Most Americans do not know how elections are lawfully supposed to be done... which is how the Ds can hoodwink them by.. well, let's see... such a long list but let's just say, they stole the election because... they could... bc again, most Americans are just not up to speed on how elections are supposed to be run, namely they are to be run according to the Constitution, but in 2020 were NOT.

State legislatures are the ones who set the rules for voting. They were shoved out of the process in many states... a lot of illegal things were done besides that...

and Pence could have questioned the electors. Why he didn't is beyond me...

(and no, I am not an expert on how elections are supposed to be run, but I do know the basics and we had a very anti-Constitutional process 2020)

and Pence could have questioned the electors. Why he didn't is beyond me...
Why would he do that? To what end? Where's the gain, for the country as a whole? If he believed (as I do and many others) that he did not have the authority to dismiss or overturn the results of that election, then at that point it was a done deal and in his mind there's no point in dragging that situation out any further.

Although I've grown tired of talking about the 2020 election for the most part, I have a real difficult time believing that Pence didn't have any power to say anything about it if he truly disagreed with the results.

Consult the Constitution and relevant legislation. Remember, originally the VP could be from another party.

Why would he do that? To what end? Where's the gain, for the country as a whole? If he believed (as I do and many others) that he did not have the authority to dismiss or overturn the results of that election, then at that point it was a done deal and in his mind there's no point in dragging that situation out any further.
he could have done that. I do know that much about election laws.

and you just defend him because "it's my party, right or wrong" thinking

he could have done that. I do know that much about election laws.

and you just defend him because "it's my party, right or wrong" thinking

I am firmly a person of the Right. I defend Pence because I believe he did the right thing, meaning the legal and responsible thing.

Know this: I voted for Trump in 2016, and again in 2020, and if he is the GOP nominee I will vote for him in 2024. Maybe the 2020 election was stolen, but to date NOTHING has been proved. And in any case, I do not believe Pence could have done anything about it. Consider:

Since 1887, 3 U.S.C. 15 (Electoral Count Act) has set the method for objections by Members of Congress to electoral votes. During the Joint Session, lawmakers may object to individual electoral votes or to state returns as a whole. An objection must be declared in writing and signed by at least one Representative and one Senator. In the case of an objection, the Joint Session recesses and each chamber considers the objection separately for no more than two hours; each Member may speak for five minutes or less. After each house votes on whether to accept the objection, the Joint Session reconvenes and both chambers disclose their decisions. If both chambers agree to the objection, the electoral votes in question are not counted. If either chamber opposes the objection, the votes are counted.

Objections to the Electoral College votes were recorded in 1969, 2005, and 2021. In all cases, the House and Senate rejected the objections and the votes in question were counted.

NOTE: The VP is neither a Representative nor a Senator. Ergo, he cannot object to anything.

A vote of both the majority of the House and Senate is needed to throw out a state's slate of electors.
After the debate
[for each objection], the House and Senate will both vote on whether to accept that state's electors.

It's a roll call vote that will document how each lawmaker stands on each state's electors.

It takes both the House and Senate to reject a state’s electoral votes. If that happens, the electoral slate just disappears. It would be as though Arizona never voted.

NOTE: I do not believe the VP has a vote on any objection either.

Trump will be indicted for seditious conspiracy, obstruction of the duly elected president with fake elector schemes, and multiple civil and criminal financial crimes.
If he isn't...he will try to destroy our electoral system again. He will never admit he lost in 2020...or if he loses in the future. He is an inconsolable eight-year-old brat.

Trump will be indicted for seditious conspiracy, obstruction of the duly elected president with fake elector schemes, and multiple civil and criminal financial crimes.

Nope unfortunately he will not be. That is the way it is with the powerful and elites!
MAGA

If he isn't...he will try to destroy our electoral system again. He will never admit he lost in 2020...or if he loses in the future. He is an inconsolable eight-year-old brat.
Translation: A nut case.

If he isn't, we no longer have a justice system.

Forum List

Back