Trump Calls For More Taxation, And Lies Yet Again

Trump has turned the liberal's world upside down. Trump takes aim at a umpteen billion dollar monopoly, liberals bitch and cry about it.
When I told you Trump would lead you pseudocons into the far left cave, you scoffed.

Look at you now. Siding with Trump as he demands a profitable corporation be punished with higher taxes for their success!

WOW!!! :1peleas:

If it triggers the left I'm all for it.
It's not the left, fool.

Lib please you people have lost your damn minds since Trump whooped Hillary's ass.

Trump has turned the liberal's world upside down. Trump takes aim at a umpteen billion dollar monopoly, liberals bitch and cry about it.
When I told you Trump would lead you pseudocons into the far left cave, you scoffed.

Look at you now. Siding with Trump as he demands a profitable corporation be punished with higher taxes for their success!

This is what it has all come down to.

on pace to add 2.5 trillion added to the debt this year, who cares as long as the left is triggered.

And then you morons complain about the country down down the shitter.

Trump tweeted this today:

"I have stated my concerns with Amazon long before the Election. Unlike others, they pay little or no taxes to state & local governments, use our Postal System as their Delivery Boy (causing tremendous loss to the U.S.), and are putting many thousands of retailers out of business!"

First of all, the USPS has to make a profit, by law, in any agreement they make with Amazon. Amazon's previous response to this bullshit:

“As is the case with all of its customers, our partnership with USPS is reviewed annually by the Postal Regulatory Commission, which has spent decades reviewing and approving USPS costing and pricing practices. The Postal Regulatory Commission has consistently found that Amazon’s contracts with the USPS are profitable. Amazon has invested hundreds of millions of dollars in a network of more than 20 package sortation facilities that inject directly into the USPS last mile network bypassing most of USPS network. This investment resulted in more efficient processes as well as thousands of jobs and related economic benefits in local communities.”

And let's remember what Trump said during the campaign:

You lefties always defend mega corporations.

I hope Trump busts up Amazon, Fakebook, Apple, and Microsoft for starters.

They’ll just pass the cost on to consumers My god I sound like a conservative.

Hopefully these things have to go through Congress and not left to Trump.

I can't even imagine all the revenue the post office has lost in reduction of 1st class mail and magazine subscriptions. They need to cut costs and should have gotten rid of Saturday regular mail delivery years ago. But then it was Congress that ditched that idea years ago.

From back in February,

“Our Shipping and Packages business has continued to show solid revenue and volume growth as a result of our successful efforts to compete in shipping services, including ‘last-mile’ e-commerce fulfillment markets and Sunday delivery, although the rate of growth is slowing,” USPS said in its Form 10-Q statement.

"Although we continue to win customers and grow our package business, these gains are not sufficient to offset continuing declines in our mail business, which is our main source of revenue and contribution,” said Postmaster General and CEO Megan J. Brennan in a statement.

Despite ongoing Shipping and Packages growth, USPS reports another quarterly loss

"I have stated my concerns with Amazon long before the Election. Unlike others, they pay little or no taxes to state & local governments, use our Postal System as their Delivery Boy (causing tremendous loss to the U.S.), and are putting many thousands of retailers out of business!"

First of all, the USPS has to make a profit, by law, in any agreement they make with Amazon. Amazon's previous response to this bullshit:

“As is the case with all of its customers, our partnership with USPS is reviewed annually by the Postal Regulatory Commission, which has spent decades reviewing and approving USPS costing and pricing practices. The Postal Regulatory Commission has consistently found that Amazon’s contracts with the USPS are profitable. Amazon has invested hundreds of millions of dollars in a network of more than 20 package sortation facilities that inject directly into the USPS last mile network bypassing most of USPS network. This investment resulted in more efficient processes as well as thousands of jobs and related economic benefits in local communities.”

He can't by himself..

Trump's gripe with Bezos is more personal, I'd guess. But the basic premise of Trumpanomics is that higher prices for consumers are better if the gummit finds the seller or producer is performing some social benefit.

And recall during the campaign when we were both telling Trumpbots that Trump was essentially a 1970s big gummit rich democrat. He's the antithesis of Reagan, who wanted totally transparent markets where the cheapest producer was rewarded. And gummit still had a role in regulating unfair trade and factoring the environmental costs. There were these two guys who walked into a bar - Hayek and Friedman ........

You are going to bring Hayek into this? That is sort of disgusting.

What is it like being a communist living in the US?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

President Trump plays liberals like a freaking violin and he enjoys it. Imagine being hysterical about Amazon.

There is a method to his madness of course.. It opens up teachable moments for kids when you show them that these giant corporations are being defended by leftists. Maybe we were in danger of forgetting that the richest, largest and most powerful corporations the world has ever seen pulled out all stops to defeat him and are responsible for trying to take him down every day. This reminds us.
It is as if the god-emperor Trump, every so often, kicks a rotten log and little marxist roaches come scurrying out squeaking "you leave amazon alone you meanie".

Maybe this is just hyperbole. Maybe you are severely confused. You could be enjoying that old shallow democrat game of "gotcha hypocrite now do it my way".
Or it could be the age old left wing joy in pretending to be to the right of something...anything.

Are you implying that monopoly regulation, public utility commissions and anti-trust laws are communist? All of them have purview over communications platforms by law.

President Trump plays liberals like a freaking violin and he enjoys it. Imagine being hysterical about Amazon.

Are you sure? Are you sure it's not the other way around? Because I see life long conservatives supporting liberal policies. Conservatives are being led to the other end of the spectrum and they don't even realize it.

How very patriotic of you. Fuck the country, as long as the left is "triggered".

Amazon depends on economies of scale to make it what it is. Apple as well. I thought Microsoft had already signed a consent decree?
But Google, facebook, twitter should absolutely be broken up. They are a danger rather than a benefit to the American people.
Liberals attack Americans from three vantage points...money, power and influence. We have taken their power arm..the White House, House and Senate and 34 or so states...from them. The courts remain but President Trump is working there and over an eight year period should clean them out fairly well. Throwing them out of Washington is the only thing we can directly do and we have done it. Even while temporarily out of power in DC though they use their wealth to work on restoring that power.
But the rich celebrities, the corporations, the bankers...another story. Also the deep state which hasn't been cleaned out. Any area of power and influence which is safe from elections and can be attained by government enforcement or money will remain liberal until we recognize it and root it out.
But yes we can start by breaking up their chokehold on communications.

Maybe this is just hyperbole. Maybe you are severely confused. You could be enjoying that old shallow democrat game of "gotcha hypocrite now do it my way".
Or it could be the age old left wing joy in pretending to be to the right of something...anything.

Are you implying that monopoly regulation, public utility commissions and anti-trust laws are communist? All of them have purview over communications platforms by law.

Sarcasm is my take away.

Your first paragraph lacks substance (truth), as it stereotypes an entire set of people, many of whom are to the left because they oppose authoritarianism.

Your claim that the left plays a shallow game, i.e NIGYYSOB (a game described in Games People Play) is similarly silly, and for the same reasons, is not substantive nor supported by evidence.

Last edited:

Are you sure? Are you sure it's not the other way around? Because I see life long conservatives supporting liberal policies. Conservatives are being led to the other end of the spectrum and they don't even realize it.

LOL. Suddenly USMB is full of concerned leftists warning that Trump is too left wing!

Listen...who gives these marching orders? How do you all know exactly what drivel to push? Is it the DNC daily briefing?

Amazon depends on economies of scale to make it what it is. Apple as well. I thought Microsoft had already signed a consent decree?
But Google, facebook, twitter should absolutely be broken up. They are a danger rather than a benefit to the American people.
Liberals attack Americans from three vantage points...money, power and influence. We have taken their power arm..the White House, House and Senate and 34 or so states...from them. The courts remain but President Trump is working there and over an eight year period should clean them out fairly well. Throwing them out of Washington is the only thing we can directly do and we have done it. Even while temporarily out of power in DC though they use their wealth to work on restoring that power.
But the rich celebrities, the corporations, the bankers...another story. Also the deep state which hasn't been cleaned out. Any area of power and influence which is safe from elections and can be attained by government enforcement or money will remain liberal until we recognize it and root it out.
But yes we can start by breaking up their chokehold on communications.

Wow! Do you consider yourself a Republican, a conservative or an authoritarian? Clearly you do not support democracy, nor the American system of jurisprudence.

Real conservatives had a fit when FDR tried to pack the Supreme Court, your post suggests the judiciary must be cleansed of independent thinkers. What litmust tests do you support?

LOL. Suddenly USMB is full of concerned leftists warning that Trump is too left wing!

Listen...who gives these marching orders? How do you all know exactly what drivel to push? Is it the DNC daily briefing?

Nice straw man effort, too bad you used wet straw and dressed it up in asbestos. That said, the concern of Democrats is not that Trump raised taxes, it is because he once again LIED. Any thinking person, and as a hack I don't consider you a thinker, understand this, even some Republicans; though I suspect your would call them RINOs.

Forum List

Back