🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump calls for violence against protesters

If you accept the support of the Klan and like minded individuals then you are courting trouble.
Even his own party are saying this.
Trump could take the sting out of all of this but it would require him to drop the central message of hate.
Someone will die soon and he will have blood on his hands.

Do you allow the words of others to dictate your actions?

If you accept the support of the Klan and like minded individuals then you are courting trouble.
Trump could take the sting out of all of this but it would require him to drop the central message of hate.

Pleased to meet you Tommy Tainant and welcome to the USMB...:thewave:

I believe you're judgement is far askew but eh...
Many thanks. I believe that what I said represents the thinking of everybody outside the tent. Trump has united the followers of all parties and none.
Of course he cant disown the idiots because they form a large part of his support.

I treat people as I would like to be treated myself.That generally covers it. Its not a philosophy its just good manners.
You could argue that Trump has little self awareness and cannot see the trouble he is stoking up. There are better ways to put forward his opinions that are not so offensive to decent people.

Many thanks. I believe that what I said represents the thinking of everybody outside the tent. Trump has united the followers of all parties and none.
Of course he cant disown the idiots because they form a large part of his support.
and the bottom line is trump won't disown the hate, the vile hate filled talk,, and his supporters follow him like lambs to a slaughter

and the bottom line is trump won't disown the hate, the vile hate filled talk,, and his supporters follow him like lambs to a slaughter
Well... He is a lib. What do you expect.

Neither does Obama.

Were those Wallace protesters "Brown Shirts" too?
Give it up.

Well, were they? Were the people protesting George Wallace "Brown Shirts"?

Donald Trump and the Violence to Come

“You know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They’d be carried out on a stretcher.”
In January, when protesters tried to disrupt a Trump rally in Vermont, Trump instructed security guards to “Get him out of here … Don't give him his coat, keep his coat. Confiscate his coat. You know, it’s about 10 degrees below zero outside.” As security dragged a protester from a Nevada rally in February, Trump declared: “You know what I hate? There’s a guy, totally disruptive, throwing punches, we’re not allowed to punch back anymore. I love the old days. You know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They’d be carried out on a stretcher.” Reporters found no evidence that the protester had, in fact, punched anyone.

In mentioning the “old days,” Trump was likely referring to the 1960s. Back then, another generation of young leftists disillusioned with the failure of liberal presidents to undo systemic justice tried to physically disrupt political events, most famously at the Democratic Convention in 1968. And back then, another presidential candidate, Alabama Governor George Wallace, also turned protesters into props for an audience hungry to see order restored—if necessary by force. In 1967, anti-Vietnam protesters laid down in front of President Lyndon Johnson’s car. In 1968, in speech after speech, Wallace roused crowds by saying, falsely, that the “protesters had threatened his [Johnson’s] personal safety,” but if “some of them lie down in front of my automobile, it will be the last one they’ll ever want to lie down in front of.”

“The confrontation with the hecklers became a highly stylized feature of every Wallace rally,” writes Lloyd Rohler in his book George Wallace: Conservative Populist. “Violence seemed always to be lurking in the background and it frequently burst forth.” At a Wallace rally on October 29 in Detroit, reported the Chicago Tribune, “wild, chair-swinging violence erupted” as “Wallace supporters and some of several thousand hecklers clashed, first with fists and then with folding chairs … Wallace supporters struck handcuffed hecklers as they were being led away by police, who did not interfere.”

I wish you'd stop with the long posts, I never read them..does anyone?

Three paragraphs is long to you? Maybe a message board isn't your thing and you should stick to the 140 characters of Twitter.

Well, maybe if you added cute pictures...:laugh:

I'm so sorry that message boards also have words. It's a shame, for your sake, that they don't have pop up message board with all pictures, just for the reading challenged. I hope you ask for language assistance at the voting booth.

my last thought on the subject is without hate your trumpet has nothing ...no ideas no substance,,the kim kardashian of politics

OK, hate is only good when expressed by your side. Gottja, that's what makes it hypocritical.

Sheesh Tommy, I'm trying to be nice.

Fellow American citizens with a different point of view sounds far better than. "idiots".

You sound like a mini Trump...

Yesterday around 10:30 am and later that day his supporters delivered.

Is anyone really surprised?

I wanted to go back and look at this OP to see if you actually quoted Trump or gave any sort of specifics. I see no quote, i see no specifics. Yet all the left wing liberals fell in line. Quite impressive. Quite the con job.

"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them," Trump urged his supporters. Were anyone to feel concern about being prosecuted for assault in such a scenario, Trump reassured that, "I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees."

Case in point...
That's mere talk, some ill-advised banter by the candidate, and the individual misbehavior of a number of fans and partisans, here and there.

So far, the tally stands as...

==================================================================

No. of Republican political rallies (practically/effectively/de facto) shut down by the Left = 1

No. of Democratic political rallies (practically/effectively/de facto) shut down by the Right = 0

-------------------

The Left fired the first shot.

Not that anyone outside the Left Wing is surprised in the slightest.

"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them," Trump urged his supporters. Were anyone to feel concern about being prosecuted for assault in such a scenario, Trump reassured that, "I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees."

Case in point...
That's mere talk, some ill-advised banter by the candidate, and the individual misbehavior of a number of fans and partisans, here and there.

So far, the tally stands as...

No. of Republican political rallies (practically/effectively/de facto) shut down by the Left = 1

No. of Democratic political rallies (practically/effectively/de facto) shut down by the Right = 0

-------------------

The Left fired the first shot.

Not that anyone outside the Left Wing is surprised in the slightest.

yep, just like their first shot in 1860 started the first civil war.

I treat people as I would like to be treated myself.That generally covers it. Its not a philosophy its just good manners.
You could argue that Trump has little self awareness and cannot see the trouble he is stoking up. There are better ways to put forward his opinions that are not so offensive to decent people.

So, you consider yourself to be the exception to the rule of 'mob mentality.' And, everyone else falls under the 'spell' of Donald Trump, meaning they will act according to his words, which means the protesters are acting according to Trump's words.

Give it up.

Well, were they? Were the people protesting George Wallace "Brown Shirts"?

Donald Trump and the Violence to Come

“You know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They’d be carried out on a stretcher.”
In January, when protesters tried to disrupt a Trump rally in Vermont, Trump instructed security guards to “Get him out of here … Don't give him his coat, keep his coat. Confiscate his coat. You know, it’s about 10 degrees below zero outside.” As security dragged a protester from a Nevada rally in February, Trump declared: “You know what I hate? There’s a guy, totally disruptive, throwing punches, we’re not allowed to punch back anymore. I love the old days. You know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They’d be carried out on a stretcher.” Reporters found no evidence that the protester had, in fact, punched anyone.

In mentioning the “old days,” Trump was likely referring to the 1960s. Back then, another generation of young leftists disillusioned with the failure of liberal presidents to undo systemic justice tried to physically disrupt political events, most famously at the Democratic Convention in 1968. And back then, another presidential candidate, Alabama Governor George Wallace, also turned protesters into props for an audience hungry to see order restored—if necessary by force. In 1967, anti-Vietnam protesters laid down in front of President Lyndon Johnson’s car. In 1968, in speech after speech, Wallace roused crowds by saying, falsely, that the “protesters had threatened his [Johnson’s] personal safety,” but if “some of them lie down in front of my automobile, it will be the last one they’ll ever want to lie down in front of.”

“The confrontation with the hecklers became a highly stylized feature of every Wallace rally,” writes Lloyd Rohler in his book George Wallace: Conservative Populist. “Violence seemed always to be lurking in the background and it frequently burst forth.” At a Wallace rally on October 29 in Detroit, reported the Chicago Tribune, “wild, chair-swinging violence erupted” as “Wallace supporters and some of several thousand hecklers clashed, first with fists and then with folding chairs … Wallace supporters struck handcuffed hecklers as they were being led away by police, who did not interfere.”

I wish you'd stop with the long posts, I never read them..does anyone?

Three paragraphs is long to you? Maybe a message board isn't your thing and you should stick to the 140 characters of Twitter.

Well, maybe if you added cute pictures...:laugh:

I'm so sorry that message boards also have words. It's a shame, for your sake, that they don't have pop up message board with all pictures, just for the reading challenged. I hope you ask for language assistance at the voting booth.

:laugh: ... Yes Madam Seawytch ..

Hillary.jpg

So when liberal goons goad and get in the face of Trump supporters until they respond, that proves to you that Trump supporters have issues. Of course you do ...
People have every right to protest fascism, no?

:lmao:

So when your side goads and provokes Trump supporters into responding, you're fighting fascism and they have issues.

you're not supposed to dunk your head in the kool-aid bowl, a cup is enough to do the job
Was that a no?

Non-sequitur. You have the right to demonstrate against anyone you want, that isn't the issue. You can demonstrate peacefully against Mother Teresa if you want to. Those you oppose, you still have to demonstrate peacefully against. Including Trump and fascists. What your whackos are doing is assault, not protesting, you're being the fascists
The assaults were on Trumps side. I just saw a video clip of one of trumps supporters yelling at a protester "go to fucking Aushwitz"

Do not stand in silence and condone evil.

Yelling at someone is not assault, numskull.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Trump followers have be the very stupidest, most naive and easily manipulated dumbfucks who have ever lived.

You mean because when leftists demonstrators get physically in their face and goad them into a response they actually think the Trump supporters are the ones with the issue? No wait, that's you
Trump called the tune, and you dummies followed the piper. Trump is the only candidate urging his followers to violence.
Obviously not true, as we just witnessed in Shitcago.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

So, you consider yourself to be the exception to the rule of 'mob mentality.' And, everyone else falls under the 'spell' of Donald Trump, meaning they will act according to his words, which means the protesters are acting according to Trump's words.
Well, kind of a stretch but certainly pleased to meet you Lilah, :cheers2:

I think that I am smart enough to steer well clear of mobs and populist politicians. They dont have a great record.

I think that I am smart enough to steer well clear of mobs and populist politicians. They dont have a great record.

But not smart enough to realize that others, too, do not fall prey to the words of politicians causing them to act inappropriately.
Most people, I believe, possess a moral compass that directs them in the right direction.

did anyone ever see any tomatoes anywhere or did trump just make that up?

he's already told us he knows his audience is stupid...

Trump: I could 'shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters'

he feeds them red meat rhetoric then acts shocked when they become rabid toward non violent protesters.

trump-protester-1-620x407.jpg

Donald Trump told the audience that he'd been warned about protesters with tomatoes in the audience.

"So if you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of 'em, would you? Seriously. Okay? Just knock the hell — I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees. I promise. I promise."

Trump once said he would pay legal fees for people who beat up protesters. Now that it’s happened, can he?

Forum List

Back