Trump CRUCIFIES media for investigating Scott Walker's college record after giving Obama a pass

Quote the autobiography, please. Because in Dreams From My Father, Obama cites his place of birth as Hawaii.

I said it was in the blurb, not the autobiography. Here you go.

"Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

BTW, they still used it in 2007.

That's not 'in' or 'at' or 'from' or 'around' or 'above' or 'below' his autobiography. It was a blurb from a promotional pamphlet by the literary agency Acton and Dystel for publishers in 1991. A pamphlet promoting the authors. Not the books.

'Dreams From My Father"wasn't published until 1995. There was no book in 1991.

Obama had been paid a $40,000 advance to write a book about race relations. After Obama missed his 1991 deadline, the book slowly morphed over years into a personal memoir that was finished years later.

Making it a physical impossibility to for that to be a blurb from/in/on/around/beside/between/above/below Obama's Autobiography.

They used the blurb from 1991 to 2007 and until 2006 the only book he wrote was his autobiography. You even said the target for the autobiography was 1991, so obviously that's why they wrote it. I guess by 1995 he realized he was actually born in Hawaii.

Yes, and he was only "chosen" to be the Harvard Law Review (HLR) editor after the editors, under pressure from leftist faculty members, changed the criteria for selecting the editor so that factors other than merit could be considered. Until Obama was selected, the HLR editor had always come from among the top five law students. Obama was nowhere near the top five. But after they changed the rules for selecting the editor, Obama got picked.

The rules were changed in the 1970s. So the 'pressure' you're speaking of preceded Obama by roughly 15 to 20 years. Here's a description of the process from a NY Times article from 1990;

Mr. Obama was elected after a meeting of the review's 80 editors that convened Sunday and lasted until early this morning, a participant said.

Until the 1970's the editors were picked on the basis of grades, and the president of the Law Review was the student with the highest academic rank. Among these were Elliot L. Richardson, the former Attorney General, and Irwin Griswold, a dean of the Harvard Law School and Solicitor General under Presidents Lyndon B. Johnson and Richard M. Nixon.

That system came under attack in the 1970's and was replaced by a program in which about half the editors are chosen for their grades and the other half are chosen by fellow students after a special writing competition. The new system, disputed when it began, was meant to help insure that minority students became editors of The Law Review.

Harvard, like a number of other top law schools, no longer ranks its law students for any purpose including a guide to recruiters.

First Black Elected to Head Harvard s Law Review - NYTimes.com

Obama was elected by his fellow editors. And there were 80 of them. Not 5.

Also, why hasn't Obama released his college transcripts? Still? And why aren't liberal journalists demanding "full disclosure" while they're busy tracking down Scott Walker's academic history?

Why would he? No other president has ever voluntarily released their college records.

Quote the autobiography, please. Because in Dreams From My Father, Obama cites his place of birth as Hawaii.

"Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

That's not 'in' or 'at' or 'from' or 'around' or 'above' or 'below' his autobiography. It was a blurb from a promotional pamphlet by the literary agency Acton and Dystel for publishers in 1991. A pamphlet promoting the authors. Not the books.

Obama had been paid a $40,000 advance to write a book about race relations. After Obama missed his 1991 deadline, the book slowly morphed over years into a personal memoir that was finished years later.

Making it a physical impossibility to for that to be a blurb from/in/on/around/beside/between/above/below Obama's Autobiography.

They used the blurb from 1991 to 2007 and until 2006 the only book he wrote was his autobiography. You even said the target for the autobiography was 1991, so obviously that's why they wrote it. I guess by 1995 he realized he was actually born in Hawaii.

The book that the pamphlet mentions was called "Journey in Black and White'. A book that was never written. The pamphlet doesn't offer 'blurbs' from any book. It offers bios on authors. It promotes the authors.

The pamphlet never even mentions 'Dreams from My Father', as the book didn't exist. Nor did "Journey in Black and White''.

So what autobiography are you referring to? The book that wouldn't be written and published until 4 years later? Or the book that was never written?

I said that we should have been allowed to see Bush's, Clinton's, McCain's, Romney's and yes, Obama's.

But again, no one but obama paid a lawfirm to keep his from view. Any idea why?

Because Birthers lie?

Because you are a Birther and you lie?

I just want to know how a poor halfbreed from hawaii Its a legitimate question.

Oh any question that includes the term 'halfbreed' is not a legitimate question- its an expression of racism.

Why am i not shocked?

Awwww, please change the word 'halfbreed' to 'product of interracial intercourse' OK?

There is a special type of person who uses the word 'halfbreed' to describe an American.

We call them racists.

do you prefer mixed breed

The book that the pamphlet mentions was called "Journey in Black and White'. A book that was never written. The pamphlet doesn't offer 'blurbs' from any book. It offers bios on authors. It promotes the authors.

The pamphlet never even mentions 'Dreams from My Father', as the book didn't exist. Nor did "Journey in Black and White''.

So what autobiography are you referring to? The book that wouldn't be written and published until 4 years later? Or the book that was never written?

I'm tired of bickering with you and mini you. Your word parsing yields a distinction without a difference. Obama's pamphlet from his own publisher says what it says. No one has explained why they would make up birth places for their authors. That the blurb preceded the book makes more sense, not less. Had the blurb come out with the book it makes less sense the book and pamphlet would agree. That one preceded the other by 4 years makes no sense. Then after the book came out, it was used for 12 more years.

Because Birthers lie?

Because you are a Birther and you lie?

Oh any question that includes the term 'halfbreed' is not a legitimate question- its an expression of racism.

Why am i not shocked?

Awwww, please change the word 'halfbreed' to 'product of interracial intercourse' OK?

There is a special type of person who uses the word 'halfbreed' to describe an American.

We call them racists.

Is the term the racist cool kids are saying nowadays?

I'm tired of bickering with you and mini you. Your word parsing yields a distinction without a difference. Obama's pamphlet from his own publisher says what it says.

That's not his 'autobiography'. Nor was it written by Obama. You know, the 'auto' in 'autobiography'. But instead, Miriam Goderich.

Just destroying your claim that the first person to claim that Obama was born in Kenya was Obama.

No one has explained why they would make up birth places for their authors.

No one is saying they 'made it up'. They said it was a fact checking error. And how could it possibly be made? It was well known that Obama's family was from Kenya. Its not a leap to mistake that to mean that Obama was born in Kenya.

If you have a better source that Miriam Goderich, by all means present it.

But you don't.

That the blurb preceded the book makes more sense, not less.

Its a bone stupid conclusion. The autobiography you claim is being cited didn't exist. Just destroying your entire narrative. You might as well insist its a blurb from 2006's 'Audacity of Hope' as silly as your conclusion is.

Second, Miriam Goderich explicitly contradicts you. And she's infinitely more credible than you are on the content of that pamphlet.

Third, the pamphlet promoted authors. Not books. Every of the other 89 authors had the same kind of mini blurbs. Regardless of the type of book they were writing. Were they *all* blurbs from non-existent autobiographies?

Or do you just not have the slightest clue what you're talking about?

Last edited:

Why am i not shocked?

We call them racists.

Is the term the racist cool kids are saying nowadays?

You should check out terms Democrats use for female and black Republicans

Just destroying your claim that the first person to claim that Obama was born in Kenya was Obama.

Cool, go ahead and do that.

How do you know the publisher makes up birth locations? Merriam didn't explain that, she just said her didn't fact check it well enough. I guess she figured Obama knew where he was born. Apparently she was wrong.

We're into the 3rd year of Obama's 2nd term and the RWnuts are still jabbering as if they're going to spin the Earth backwards into the past and unelect him.

What blurb about Obama's autobiography?

You were the one who claimed that Obama said he was born in Kenya in his autobiography.

And as I am glad to keep pointing out- Obama never claimed he was born in Kenya in any autobiography.

You just lied about that.

Again, you do know what "in" means since you keep adding it to what I said. You said "in" not I.

What autobiography written by Obama says he was born in Kenya? Please quote the autobiography.

Dreams from my father, it was in the blurb

So either Obama KNEW that the following was false AND YET let this go to press or he agreed and approved.]

Or he never even noticed such an obscure mistake in such an obscure brochure for a publisher that never published his book

But for those with Obama derangement syndrome- when they hear hoofbeats, they don't think they are hearing horses, they think hearing gay marxist unicorns.

Yes, and he was only "chosen" to be the Harvard Law Review (HLR) editor after the editors, under pressure from leftist faculty members, changed the criteria for selecting the editor so that factors other than merit could be considered. Until Obama was selected, the HLR editor had always come from among the top five law students. Obama was nowhere near the top five. But after they changed the rules for selecting the editor, Obama got picked

Feel free to support any of those claims.

You would be the first Birther to do so.

Again, you do know what "in" means since you keep adding it to what I said. You said "in" not I.

What autobiography written by Obama says he was born in Kenya? Please quote the autobiography.

So either Obama KNEW that the following was false AND YET let this go to press or he agreed and approved.]

Or he never even noticed such an obscure mistake in such an obscure brochure for a publisher that never published his book

But for those with Obama derangement syndrome- when they hear hoofbeats, they don't think they are hearing horses, they think hearing gay marxist unicorns.

Meriam said she didn't "fact check" it, she didn't say she made up that he was born in Kenya. Who did that exactly?

How do you know the publisher makes up birth locations? Merriam didn't explain that, she just said her didn't fact check it well enough. I guess she figured Obama knew where he was born. Apparently she was wrong.

Here is what we know- anything other than this is speculation- innuendo- or lies.

That is what Birthers do.

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."
Read more at snopes.com Promotional Booklet

Meriam said she didn't "fact check" it, she didn't say she made up that he was born in Kenya. Who did that exactly?

Here is exactly what we know- anything else is speculation, innuendo or lies- which do you want to label your posts?

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

No- once again you just flat out lied.

Skylar said: Obama had been paid a $40,000 advance to write a book about race relations.
You then lied and said: You even said the target for the autobiography was 1991,

Once again you are making up an 'autobiography' were there wasn't one.

There is no evidence that President Barack Obama ever said he was born in Kenya.

You want to prove that statement wrong- then show me actual evidence otherwise- not the typical Birther lies, speculation and innuendo- actual facts.

You claim its Obama. Miriam utterly destroys that theory with the following:

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. "

Miriam Goderich

Your narrative is fact free, hilariously arguing that Obama offered a 'blurb' to an autobiography that didn't exist, and is explicitly contradicted by Miriam Goderich, the woman who put the pamphlet together.

So much for your claim that Obama claimed he was born in Kenya.

Here is what we know- anything other than this is speculation- innuendo- or lies.

That is what Birthers do.

So who made up he was born in Kenya?

Do you believe everyone so blindly?

What about the British government when they said they stand behind their yellowcake report? Is that good enough for you?

You claim its Obama. Miriam utterly destroys that theory with the following:

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. "

Miriam Goderich

Your narrative is fact free, hilariously arguing that Obama offered a 'blurb' to an autobiography that didn't exist, and is explicitly contradicted by Miriam Goderich, the woman who put the pamphlet together.

So much for your claim that Obama claimed he was born in Kenya.

Wow, Meriam said. So she said it and to you that's gospel truth? No questions asked?

Who did make up he was born in Kenya?

Do you believe the British government when they said they stand behind their yellowcake report? Or do you only believe those who say what you want to hear?

I'm tired of bickering with you and mini you. Your word parsing yields a distinction without a difference. Obama's pamphlet from his own publisher says what it says. .

Yes- and Obama's autobiography says what it says- that President Obama was born in Hawaii

As does every article that mentions his birthplace in newspapers from LA to New York in 1990.

And contrary to your claims- there is no autobiography of Obama saying he was born in Kenya.

You just made that up.

No one you are tired of having that pointed out.

Forum List

Back