Trump CRUCIFIES media for investigating Scott Walker's college record after giving Obama a pass

Just destroying your claim that the first person to claim that Obama was born in Kenya was Obama.

Cool, go ahead and do that.

How do you know the publisher makes up birth locations? Merriam didn't explain that, she just said her didn't fact check it well enough. I guess she figured Obama knew where he was born. Apparently she was wrong.

Here is what we know- anything other than this is speculation- innuendo- or lies.

That is what Birthers do.

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."
Read more at snopes.com Promotional Booklet

So who made up he was born in Kenya?

Who says someone 'made it up'? You do. The same hapless soul who insists that Obama was the one who said he was born in Kenya.

You obviously have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Just destroying your claim that the first person to claim that Obama was born in Kenya was Obama.

How do you know the publisher makes up birth locations? Merriam didn't explain that, she just said her didn't fact check it well enough. I guess she figured Obama knew where he was born. Apparently she was wrong.

Here is what we know- anything other than this is speculation- innuendo- or lies.

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Who says someone 'made it up'? You do. The same hapless soul who insists that Obama was the one who said he was born in Kenya.

You obviously have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

No one had to make it up? Say what? Kenya just appeared there? No one did it? Did it come from a time fault from the Andromeda galaxy?

Meriam did not say she made it up, so who did?

Do you believe everything so easily?

What about when the British say they stand behind the yellow cake report? You believe that as well?

You don't know what the word "birther means, Sparky. May want to Google that bad boy.

I haven't seen anyone say he is legally required to provide them. The narrow and irrelevant point you keep arguing.
Yeah the nutbag claiming Obama hired a law firm to keep them private doesn't in any way imply a legal requirement to provide them.

I'll let you go tell Redfish he's not making any sense.

Here you go, Sparky

"So that's where we started our research. We did our own tally of payments made to Perkins Coie, all of which were reported, as required by law, in quarterly disbursement reports filed to the FEC by his campaign organization, Obama for America. We found that in the last quarter of 2008 -- which is roughly the period after Obama was elected in early November -- and the first three quarters of 2009, which is when WND wrote its story, Obama for America did, in fact, pay Perkins Coie $1.7 million. If you add in the payments made in subsequent months, the fees paid to Perkins Coie between October 2008 and December 2010 rises to $2.6 million."

Donald Trump claims Obama has spent 2 million in legal fees defending lawsuits about his birth certificate PolitiFact
You do know that the ledger of payments does not indicate Obama paid Perkins Coie 2 million dollars to defend lawsuits regarding his birth, right? You do realize such a claim was nothing more than Trump and like minded Birfers pulling that idiocy out of their ass, right?

You don't know what the word "birther means, Sparky. May want to Google that bad boy.

Don't want to be labeled a Birther, stop carrying their water and stop acting like one

Meriam said she didn't "fact check" it, she didn't say she made up that he was born in Kenya. Who did that exactly?

You claim its Obama. Miriam utterly destroys that theory with the following:

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. "

Miriam Goderich

Your narrative is fact free, hilariously arguing that Obama offered a 'blurb' to an autobiography that didn't exist, and is explicitly contradicted by Miriam Goderich, the woman who put the pamphlet together.

So much for your claim that Obama claimed he was born in Kenya.

Wow, Meriam said. So she said it and to you that's gospel truth? No questions asked?

Its you, offering me a provably false narrative about 'blurbs' from an autobiography that didn't even exist...

.....vs Miriam Goderich, the woman who worked at as an assistant at Acton and Dystel, and assembled the pamphlet itself.

How much of my brain would I have to shut down to ignore Miriam, arguably the world's leading expert on that pamphlet and instead believe you, who is at best clueless and at worst lying?

Half? Three quarters?

Who did make up he was born in Kenya?

And who says that it was 'made up'? The woman who created the pamphlet said it was simply a mistake on her part. It was well known that Obama's family was from Kenya. Its not a leap to mistake Obama for having been born in Kenya as well. Especially when....

Barack Hussein Obama was born in Kenya.

Barack Hussein Obama II was born in Hawaii.

Yeah, how could anyone ever get those mixed up. Must be a conspiracy!

You do know that the ledger of payments does not indicate Obama paid Perkins Coie 2 million dollars to defend lawsuits regarding his birth, right? You do realize such a claim was nothing more than Trump and like minded Birfers pulling that idiocy out of their ass, right?

No, the birfers got it from Obama, he claimed in 1991 he was born in Kenya. He wasn't, he was born in Hawaii. He's a pretentious snob who liked the way it sounded.

Meriam said she didn't "fact check" it, she didn't say she made up that he was born in Kenya. Who did that exactly?

You claim its Obama. Miriam utterly destroys that theory with the following:

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. "

Miriam Goderich

Your narrative is fact free, hilariously arguing that Obama offered a 'blurb' to an autobiography that didn't exist, and is explicitly contradicted by Miriam Goderich, the woman who put the pamphlet together.

So much for your claim that Obama claimed he was born in Kenya.

Wow, Meriam said. So she said it and to you that's gospel truth? No questions asked?

Its you, offering me a provably false narrative about 'blurbs' from an autobiography that didn't even exist...

.....vs Miriam Goderich, the woman who worked at as an assistant at Acton and Dystel, and assembled the pamphlet itself.

How much of my brain would I have to shut down to ignore Miriam, arguably the world's leading expert on that pamphlet and instead believe you, who is at best clueless and at worst lying?

Half? Three quarters?

Who did make up he was born in Kenya?

And who says that it was 'made up'? The woman who created the pamphlet said it was simply a mistake on her part. It was well known that Obama's family was from Kenya. Its not a leap to mistake Obama for having been born in Kenya as well. Especially when....

But of course that is speculation- but if I were to speculate- like you:

Where did they get their bio information- maybe they got them from newspaper clippings sent to them?

Chicago Tribune, February 07, 1990

Activist In Chicago Now Heads Harvard Law Review

Born in Hawaii to the late Barack Obama, once a finance minister in Kenya, and Ann Dunham, an American anthropologist, Obama went to Columbia University before moving to Chicago to work as a community organizer.

Now if I were to succomb to speculation- it wouldn't be hard to speculate that an editor working with various newspaper clippings may have accidentally gotten Barack Obama mixed up with Barack Obama because of that line from the Chicago Tribune.

Of course the difference between Kaz's speculation and mine- besides mine being rational and informed- is that mine fits the known facts- the editor said she made a mistake and that Obama never told her that he was born in Kenya.

No, the birfers got it from Obama, he claimed in 1991 he was born in Kenya. He wasn't, he was born in Hawaii. He's a pretentious snob who liked the way it sounded.

Why do you keep lying?

Obama has never claimed he was born in Kenya.

And Birfers were Birfin for 3 years before Breitbart found that obscure brochure.

Can't you be correct about anything?

The British said their intelligence confirmed Hussein tried to buy Yellow Cake in Africa, they stand by it, and they didn't share their sources with him so they have no idea what it's based on. Do you believe them, or just researchers who don't want to contradict the President of the United States?

She didn't explain where it came from. I believe last we checked with you no one did, it apparently appeared out of thin air. Is that the story you're going with or you want time to come up with another one?

Says who? Not Obama. Not Miriam Goderich.

Who are you quoting? Why that would be yourself!

And you've already presented us with a demonstrably false narrative on an issue you're genuinely clueless about. And of course, insist on ignoring Miriam Goderich, the very woman who created the pamphlet you're citing.

In what universe are you a better source on a pamphlet created by Miriam Goderich in 1991.....than Miriam Goderich is?

Why do you keep lying?

And Birfers were Birfin for 3 years before Breitbart found that obscure brochure.

Who made up he was born in Kenya? She didn't answer that, she only said she didn't fact check it well enough.

The British said their intelligence confirmed Hussein tried to buy Yellow Cake in Africa, they stand by it, and they didn't share their sources with him so they have no idea what it's based on. Do you believe them, or just researchers who don't want to contradict the President of the United States?

Says who? Not Obama. Not Miriam Goderich.

Who are you quoting? Why that would be yourself!

:wtf:

There are no quote marks in that post, hallucinating again?

If you have a better source than Miriam Goderich, present it. But you aren't it. You've never worked for Acton and Dystel in the 90s, you never spoke to Obama about writing any book, you didn't create a promotional pamphlet in 1991 with a mini bio on Obama and 89 other authors.

Miriam Goderich did all of these things. She's the world's leading authority on this pamphlet. And you're nobody.

She didn't explain where it came from.

Sure she did. She said it was an error. And that it never came from Obama. Destroying your claim that Obama made the claim.

As for how she could have possibly made that error, it was well known that Obama's family was from Kenya. Its not an implausible leap to mistake Obama as having been born in Kenya too. Or, just as likely:

You insist its inconceivable that anyone could ever mix these up. And you have no idea what you're talking about.

She didn't explain where it came from. I believe last we checked with you no one did, it apparently appeared out of thin air. Is that the story you're going with or you want time to come up with another one?

I prefer to stick to the facts, and leave the speculation, innuendo and lies to Birthers.

The facts as we know them:

Oh, and with your bizzare babble about 'British Intelligence' and 'yellow cake', can we take it that you've abandoned your little turd of an argument that Obama said he was born in Kenya in his autobiography?

Why do you keep lying?

Who made up he was born in Kenya? She didn't answer that, she only said she didn't fact check it well enough.

You lied about Obama saying he claimed in 1991 that he was born in Kenya.

You just flat out lied.

Like you lied about him putting it in his autobiography.

Like you lied about Skylar mentioning autobiography.

Sure she did. She said it was an error.

She said it was a fact checking error, she didn't say she made it up. Do you know what fact checkers do? They verify information, they don't fabricate it.

What about the British government? Do you believe them or is that just something you do for fact checkers who say they didn't do their job and don't want to call the President of the United States a liar.

Maybe Obama did tell her he was born in Kenya and she's wrong about that now because she's making a fact checking error...

Forum List

Back