Trump doing something for our wounded veterans....

Trump had no problem ducking Vietnam and then calling POWs losers
Says the party that tries to discredit military votes during elections. Sit down ...you got no credibility on this.
Republican hubris on this issue is enough to gag a maggot. Trump's proposed solution has been kicked around for years, if only we could get a Congress that would act on it.

GOP blocks veterans jobs bill with budget vote

Congress cut military retirement benefits before being pressured into reversing course,” IAVA Founder and CEO Paul Rieckhoff said in a statement. “Then earlier this week, Congress forced the Pentagon to make budget cuts that increased living costs for our service members. And now the Senate can’t pass a critical and transformative bill that includes priorities that have garnered bipartisan support for years.”

Military Groups Slam Republicans For Killing A Bill Supporting Veterans

Veterans organizations were upset with Senate Republicans after they failed to gain enough votes of support to move forward with a measure that would have expanded federal healthcare and education programs for veterans. The GOP argued that the bill would bust the budget.

Obama Stands Up For Veterans By Vowing To Veto GOP Bill That Cut Benefits For 70,000 Vets

What is it with these dumb fucks. Don't they realize we have Google. We have the internet. Because the GOP base is so full of tards, of course they don't actually go "look", but we do. We know the truth. I think the wax in Republican ears here at the USMB has penetrated to the brain.

Parliamentary maneuvers are difficult for morons like you. Go suck a lemon, ass face.
Support the troops and that would all go away dipshit. And yes, it really is that simple.

A seven day wait for an appointment is unbelievable? Seems reasonable to me. All Trump needs to do is expand the VA and hire more doctors, nurses, etc. I'm sure the Republicans will LOVE spending MORE tax money!

:applaud:

Says the party that tries to discredit military votes during elections. Sit down ...you got no credibility on this.
Republican hubris on this issue is enough to gag a maggot. Trump's proposed solution has been kicked around for years, if only we could get a Congress that would act on it.

Like anything else, it means money and not lip service

Allowing vets to use private doctors means more money
Decreasing VA wait times means more facilities and more doctors which costs more money

Everyone gripes about the VA but they expect more service without paying for it

Congress cut military retirement benefits before being pressured into reversing course,” IAVA Founder and CEO Paul Rieckhoff said in a statement. “Then earlier this week, Congress forced the Pentagon to make budget cuts that increased living costs for our service members. And now the Senate can’t pass a critical and transformative bill that includes priorities that have garnered bipartisan support for years.”

Veterans organizations were upset with Senate Republicans after they failed to gain enough votes of support to move forward with a measure that would have expanded federal healthcare and education programs for veterans. The GOP argued that the bill would bust the budget.

Obama Stands Up For Veterans By Vowing To Veto GOP Bill That Cut Benefits For 70,000 Vets

What is it with these dumb fucks. Don't they realize we have Google. We have the internet. Because the GOP base is so full of tards, of course they don't actually go "look", but we do. We know the truth. I think the wax in Republican ears here at the USMB has penetrated to the brain.

Parliamentary maneuvers are difficult for morons like you. Go suck a lemon, ass face.
Support the troops and that would all go away dipshit. And yes, it really is that simple.
Do you even know what a Parliamentary maneuver is, **** breath?

IT means that the Congressman that voted against a bill supposedly for veteran benefits voted against it because he wanted a BETTER BILL to pass. It could be a procedural vote to bring the bill to the floor though the Congressman wanted some additional amendments, etc.

It is not as simple as vote against = against vets, dipshit.

Do you even know what a Parliamentary maneuver is, **** breath?

IT means that the Congressman that voted against a bill supposedly for veteran benefits voted against it because he wanted a BETTER BILL to pass. It could be a procedural vote to bring the bill to the floor though the Congressman wanted some additional amendments, etc.

It is not as simple as vote against = against vets, dipshit.
so...um..where's the "better bill" that caused Republicans to vote against the one offered? Is there a draft, a proposal, a rumor even? Or is no action better than a 'better bill'?

so...um..where's the "better bill" that caused Republicans to vote against the one offered? Is there a draft, a proposal, a rumor even? Or is no action better than a 'better bill'?

Dude it was an EXAMPLE of how a Parlaimentary maneuver can look like it is one thing but means the opposite. I am not going to dig up any proposed bills to satisfy your curiosity.

Decreasing VA wait times means more facilities and more doctors which costs more money

And we all know we can't use any of that money we spend to support illegals and refugees. Can't let them go without that monthly check, food stamps, free healthcare, free housing, and a car. No sirree.

And we all know we can't use any of that money we spend to support illegals and refugees. Can't let them go without that monthly check, food stamps, free healthcare, free housing, and a car. No sirree.

Blaming the lack of VA funding on illegals?

Is Trumps policy...I can't help vets until we build my wall?

Has any Other Republican candidates talked about this?...I know the fucking DemoRATS who HATE the military wouldn't touch this!

Young Conservatives ^ | 12/25/2015 | David Rufful

In Sioux City, Iowa, billionaire businessman and Republican front-runner Donald Trump called on a wound veteran named Todd. After serving 21 years in the Army, Todd spoke about his frustration with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Todd's wife says he has been unable to receive an appointment in order to get the care he needs.

Here's how Trump responded via TheBlaze:

"You're going to write out your card, and I am going to put pressure on the VA like you won't believe," Trump said to major applause from the crowd. "As president, I can guarantee it. As Trump I can say, 'I'll probably be able to pull it off anyway.'"

The Republican presidential candidate also laid out what he would do as president to fix the VA.

"The waits are unbelievable," Trump said. Five, six, seven days sometimes."

Trump said that, as president, he would allow veterans to get care from their private doctors at the government's expense if they can't get an appointment with the VA. Trump said that would end up costing less money and patients would end up getting better care.

Trump promised to put pressure on the VA "like you won't believe." This was met with thunderous applause by the crowd and it should have an immediate impact on Todd's life. Trump also says he'll solve the systemic problems at the VA that are affecting many others. Hopefully Todd finally gets the medical cares that he has earned and has a right to.....

images
There is a program to get care outside of the VA with a non-VA doctor.....Has been for almost two years now.. Currently I am seeing a neuro-surgeon outside the VA.It took me 1 month to get approved..........

There is a program to get care outside of the VA with a non-VA doctor.....Has been for almost two years now.. Currently I am seeing a neuro-surgeon outside the VA.It took me 1 month to get approved..........
You must be in line for brain surgery, right? Found a good nanosurgeon then?

Blaming the lack of VA funding on illegals?

Is Trumps policy...I can't help vets until we build my wall?
You don't need to wait until the wall is built to stop giving welfare to illegals. In fact, if you stop doing that, you don't even need the wall because they'll no longer have a reason to be here.

You must be in line for brain surgery, right? Found a good nanosurgeon then?
I'm transferring my head to a cyber kinetic android body...

Bet you voted for draft dodgers too. Take a seat.

You mean a deserter like W Bush?

No, never voted for him
Another lie you perpetuate no matter how many times you were proven a liar.

It must have been great having a grand daddy who was a Senator.
Or a dad like Al Gore Sr. who could make sure you never saw combat.
Al Gore is a decorated war hero

:bsflag::rofl::wtf:

Has any Other Republican candidates talked about this?...I know the fucking DemoRATS who HATE the military wouldn't touch this!

Young Conservatives ^ | 12/25/2015 | David Rufful

In Sioux City, Iowa, billionaire businessman and Republican front-runner Donald Trump called on a wound veteran named Todd. After serving 21 years in the Army, Todd spoke about his frustration with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Todd's wife says he has been unable to receive an appointment in order to get the care he needs.

Here's how Trump responded via TheBlaze:

"You're going to write out your card, and I am going to put pressure on the VA like you won't believe," Trump said to major applause from the crowd. "As president, I can guarantee it. As Trump I can say, 'I'll probably be able to pull it off anyway.'"

The Republican presidential candidate also laid out what he would do as president to fix the VA.

"The waits are unbelievable," Trump said. Five, six, seven days sometimes."

Trump said that, as president, he would allow veterans to get care from their private doctors at the government's expense if they can't get an appointment with the VA. Trump said that would end up costing less money and patients would end up getting better care.

Trump promised to put pressure on the VA "like you won't believe." This was met with thunderous applause by the crowd and it should have an immediate impact on Todd's life. Trump also says he'll solve the systemic problems at the VA that are affecting many others. Hopefully Todd finally gets the medical cares that he has earned and has a right to.....

images

I became aware of this about eight months ago and from my understanding it will be expanded early next year with less red tapes.

Forum List

Back