Trump Dumps Fox News Debate and Here's Why

Exactly how clueless is Donald T. Rump?

This clueless:

"Let them have their debate and let's see how they do with the ratings." (here)​

The "ratings". He actually thinks running for president is about selling widgets to the unwashed.

I mean -- holy shit.
He knows that ratings (advertisement $$$) is important to FOX news and the other news outlets.

Of course it is. It's why what they do is News Theater and not "News".

It just speaks volumes about him that "ratings" is what he thinks this all means. It just reconfirms --- nay, nails to the wall --- my point that what he's after is, and always has been and always will be, not political office but personal attention. Because that after all is what ratings is. He's just made maybe the most revealingly candid statement that's ever come out of his narcissistic mouth, ever.

As Fox got wind of Trump considering dropping out of the debate they issued this statement to Mediaite:

"We learned from a secret back channel that the Ayatollah and Putin both intend to treat Donald Trump unfairly when they meet with him if he becomes president — a nefarious source tells us that Trump has his own secret plan to replace the Cabinet with his Twitter followers to see if he should even go to those meetings."

That triggered his statement about being "toyed with" and subsequently dropping out.
I think he made the right decision. Why should he do it if it looks like a total ambush orchestrated by the establishment? He'd have all his opponents plus the moderators all ganging up trying to break him. He's too smart for that.
He went out on top.

The one thing everyone should take away from this whole election is that the media and big money have controlled the whole process (on both sides) all along. Love Trump or hate him, he has exposed the 'men behind the curtain'. We are bearing witness to a real revolution across America.

That's really a bit much.

No question whatsoever the system is rigged, with a single pseudoparty pretending to dress up as two different parties, both of them being the money party. That's a given. But all Rump has done has been to exploit the media for his own self-aggrandizement.

Said it before, will say it again -- Rump isn't in this to get elected. He's in it for the only thing he's ever been in anything for -- attention. You get a lot more of that kind of thing out of a campaign than you do out of a presidency.
So you believe he's only in this to blow money and garner attention. His disdain for the press is rooted in self aggrandizement?

As Fox got wind of Trump considering dropping out of the debate they issued this statement to Mediaite:

"We learned from a secret back channel that the Ayatollah and Putin both intend to treat Donald Trump unfairly when they meet with him if he becomes president — a nefarious source tells us that Trump has his own secret plan to replace the Cabinet with his Twitter followers to see if he should even go to those meetings."

^ :lol: that's awesome.. i hope it's true.

So you believe he's only in this to blow money and garner attention. His disdain for the press is rooted in self aggrandizement?
I seriously doubt that Pogo believes any of the bullshit he posts here, or else he would have been locked up years ago.

Exactly how clueless is Donald T. Rump?

This clueless:

"Let them have their debate and let's see how they do with the ratings." (here)​

The "ratings". He actually thinks running for president is about selling widgets to the unwashed.

I mean -- holy shit.
He knows that ratings (advertisement $$$) is important to FOX news and the other news outlets.

Of course it is. It's why what they do is News Theater and not "News".

It just speaks volumes about him that "ratings" is what he thinks this all means. It just reconfirms --- nay, nails to the wall --- my point that what he's after is, and always has been and always will be, not political office but personal attention. Because that after all is what ratings is. He's just made maybe the most revealingly candid statement that's ever come out of his narcissistic mouth, ever.
{Sigh}

That triggered his statement about being "toyed with" and subsequently dropping out.
I think he made the right decision. Why should he do it if it looks like a total ambush orchestrated by the establishment? He'd have all his opponents plus the moderators all ganging up trying to break him. He's too smart for that.
He went out on top.

The one thing everyone should take away from this whole election is that the media and big money have controlled the whole process (on both sides) all along. Love Trump or hate him, he has exposed the 'men behind the curtain'. We are bearing witness to a real revolution across America.

No question whatsoever the system is rigged, with a single pseudoparty pretending to dress up as two different parties, both of them being the money party. That's a given. But all Rump has done has been to exploit the media for his own self-aggrandizement.

Said it before, will say it again -- Rump isn't in this to get elected. He's in it for the only thing he's ever been in anything for -- attention. You get a lot more of that kind of thing out of a campaign than you do out of a presidency.

Very much, although that disdain is highly negotiable; when it serves his ego and can be manipulated, then he's a big fan of it.

In this case it seems to not be serving his ego, so he's doing the petulant thing and running away. Usually he expresses that by suing people. Like he did Palm Beach County because he himself bought a property in a flight path. The pattern cannot be more clear IMO.

He went out on top.

Very much, although that disdain is highly negotiable; when it serves his ego and can be manipulated, then he's a big fan of it.

In this case it seems to not be serving his ego, so he's doing the petulant thing and running away. Usually he expresses that by suing people. Like he did Palm Beach County because he himself bought a property in a flight path. The pattern cannot be more clear IMO.

The thing that would serve his ego the most would be the power of the presidency. He really is trying to be elected president. And judging from the polls, he is on track.

The GOP has become as ridiculous as it is childish.

Obviously there are no adults running for president in the republican party.

cankles-2016.jpg

He went out on top.

The thing that would serve his ego the most would be the power of the presidency. He really is trying to be elected president. And judging from the polls, he is on track.

Doooon't think so. If you're actually IN the office, you've put yourself in a position to get bombarded from all sides, within the country and without. A political campaign, where you're surrounded only by your own minions, is completely different. It's a constant and perpetual ego stroke. He's not after power per se; what interests him is worship. Which is, for what it's worth, exactly why I despise him.

Mark my words, he won't be in the actual election. The price for his ego is too high. He's in this for the present -- not the future.

this debate is thelast and only debate where the players could really turn up the heat on each other... it would be all candidates against him....and he doesn't want to participate in that, otherwise he'd be there.... imo
Speaking in sports terms, Trump has a lead and he's running out the clock. So why should he show up at a venue that is an obvious ambush set up by the establishment?

Last edited:
He went out on top.

Trump doesn't loose. EVER!
Hillary will be long gone before the nomination. The old grifter can't even fucking stay wake for more than an hour at a time. That leaves Bernie.
That means our next President will Trump.

this debate is thelast and only debate where the players could really turn up the heat on each other... it would be all candidates against him....and he doesn't want to participate in that, otherwise he'd be there.... imo
Speaking in sports terms, Trump has a lead and he's running out the clock. So why should he show up at a venue that is an obvious ambush set up by the establishment?
Before all this went down (Trump dropping out) I think it was Stirewalt that said "on Friday it will be a whole other race I can promise you that" on Twitter.

In sports terms? More like the team has a lead, kicks off and then doesn't bother to run its defense out there because after all, somebody might get hurt. :gay:

Obama called Roger Ailes and told him, "You have to draw a red line in the sand with this trump guy!"

Before all this went down (Trump dropping out) I think it was Stirewalt that said "on Friday it will be a whole other race I can promise you that" on Twitter.

It was an obvious conspiracy, the candidates and the moderators had teamed up and were going to go nuclear unloading a constant relentless barrage of attacks on Trump. He had much more to lose showing up than not. If this is an example of Trump's decision making, that's exactly the kind of guy you want in the Oval Office.

In sports terms? More like the team has a lead, kicks off and then doesn't bother to run its defense out there because after all, somebody might get hurt. :gay:
Hah? I can tell you never played team sports, dork.

Hah? I can tell you never played team sports, dork.

Wide receiver actually.

It was an obvious conspiracy, the candidates and the moderators had teamed up and were going to go nuclear unloading a constant relentless barrage of attacks on Trump. He had much more to lose showing up than not. If this is an example of Trump's decision making, that's exactly the kind of guy you want in the Oval Office.

Exactly. So when he has an op to sit down with Dim Dong and make peace, his strategy will be to run away, because after all Dim Dong could say no.

Brave brave brave brave Sir Rumpy...

Well he's known for the unexpected. He says it keeps his adversaries off guard. I wonder how that would work for him in a nuclear standoff.

Dumping the debate might work well for him if he get's nominated. I expect he will reveal he's more liberal than Hillary to get Democrat votes. The Republicans will still vote for him because he's their nominee.
While I disagree with most of your conclusions, it is a reasonable post and well expressed.

Thank you.

Trump is not a liberal, except in the 1968 kind of liberal, which makes him a conservative today.

Trump is way ahead in Iowa now according to Fox and so there is no upside to him doing the debate.

And Trumps ability to keep his opponents off guard, or just looking stupid, is why no one will engage in nuclear brinksmanship with him.

Trump will have 'answers' prepared within a month of taking office for a wide variety of situations, just like he does in business, you can count on it.
If Trump is nominated, he will run a general election campaign different than any we have seen, just as he has done in the primaries. If winning means reaching out to Democrats and Independents, he will certainly do so.

Trump is no more conservative than I am. If he should win the general election, he just might break the stranglehold that conservatives have on the party which IMHO would be a good thing. However, my greatest concern is that Trump's authoritarian self-centered approach to leadership is likely to get the country into a war and/or a constitutional crisis.

Forum List

Back