Trump family sued by NY

Evidently..............she does.

Happens all the time.

State law allows a broad range of civil remedies against companies committing commercial fraud, including revoking licenses to conduct business in the state, removing company officers and forcing the payment of restitution or disgorgement of ill-gotten gains.
No she doesn't. If she did this would be a criminal not a civil case.

And if she has not proven any criminal fraud there can be no penalties. The State of NY is not a party that suffered damages in any way so there and there has been no criminal proof of fraud.

Not sure but could it be a statue thing for criminal case. Just guessing?
MAGA
The burden of proof threshold is far lower in civil cases which is why the AG is bringing a civil suit. She doesn't have the evidence to support criminal fraud charges.

YES, they have.
That's what the NY AG is doing.

New York Attorney General Letitia James on Wednesday sued former President Donald Trump, the Trump Organization, three of his adult children and others for allegedly widespread fraud involving years’ worth of false financial statements related to the company’s business.

The 220-page civil lawsuit filed in Manhattan Supreme Court seeks at least $250 million in damages.

James said Trump massively overstated the values of his assets in statements to banks, insurance companies and the IRS to obtain more favorable loan and insurance terms for his company, as well as to lower its tax obligations.

James’ office interviewed more than 65 witnesses and reviewed millions of documents part of the investigation, the lawsuit said.

The Manhattan district attorney’s office has been conducting a criminal investigation of Trump and his company that mirrors in many ways the allegations made by James in her lawsuit.
/----/ I'm placing my $600,000 condo on the Craigslist market for $6,000,000. When is the NY AG going to indict me? Is it time to call a lawyer?

No she doesn't. If she did this would be a criminal not a civil case.
It may turn into a criminal case.
And if she has not proven any criminal fraud there can be no penalties.
Trump doesn't give refunds for his Trump U. "law school" correspondence course "degrees".

December 18 2018
US President Donald Trump's troubled charity foundation has agreed to close down amid allegations that he and others illegally misused its funds.
The move was announced by the Attorney General of New York State, Barbara Underwood, who will supervise the distribution of its remaining monies.

A 41-page document filed with the New York Supreme Court by the attorney general's office in June 2018 spells out a range of alleged violations of laws concerning non-profit organisations dating back more than a decade.

Several pages of the document focus on a charity fundraiser for veterans in Iowa in January 2016, which Mr Trump chose to hold instead of taking part in a TV debate with other Republican presidential hopefuls ahead of the influential state's caucuses.
More than $2.8m was donated to the Trump Foundation at that event. The petition alleges that those funds raised from the public were used to promote Mr Trump's campaign for the presidency, in particular in the Iowa nominating caucuses.
The lawsuit also claims that the foundation paid $100,000 to settle legal claims against Mr Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort; $158,000 to settle claims against one of his golf clubs; and $10,000 to purchase a painting of Mr Trump to hang at another of his golf clubs
The State of NY is not a party that suffered damages in any way so there and there has been no criminal proof of fraud.
YES, they are and did suffer the loss of revenue.

Duplicity, you moron.
Three companies running one institution, all Trump companies.
If Trump did that with 100 companies, he would claim to have 300 companies.
Yes subsidiaries....https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/subsidiary.asp

Trump Organization is a holding company, that owns numerous other companies

It's amazing how dumb you dembots are about business

People hate not getting paid either, that's Trump and that's what makes him a criminal.
Trump has a lifetime of court cases to prove it.
can you show me one criminal case he's been convicted ? If not you are full of shit

It may turn into a criminal case.

Trump doesn't give refunds for his Trump U. "law school" correspondence course "degrees".

December 18 2018
US President Donald Trump's troubled charity foundation has agreed to close down amid allegations that he and others illegally misused its funds.
The move was announced by the Attorney General of New York State, Barbara Underwood, who will supervise the distribution of its remaining monies.

A 41-page document filed with the New York Supreme Court by the attorney general's office in June 2018 spells out a range of alleged violations of laws concerning non-profit organisations dating back more than a decade.

Several pages of the document focus on a charity fundraiser for veterans in Iowa in January 2016, which Mr Trump chose to hold instead of taking part in a TV debate with other Republican presidential hopefuls ahead of the influential state's caucuses.
More than $2.8m was donated to the Trump Foundation at that event. The petition alleges that those funds raised from the public were used to promote Mr Trump's campaign for the presidency, in particular in the Iowa nominating caucuses.
The lawsuit also claims that the foundation paid $100,000 to settle legal claims against Mr Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort; $158,000 to settle claims against one of his golf clubs; and $10,000 to purchase a painting of Mr Trump to hang at another of his golf clubs

YES, they are and did suffer the loss of revenue.
Look if any criminal fraud was committed it is up to the people who were defrauded to file charges.

If they don't then there is no case.

If the State of NY has a criminal case regarding tax fraud then file the charges in criminal court and prove it.

Yes subsidiaries....https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/subsidiary.asp

Trump Organization is a holding company, that owns numerous other companies
Just the opposite Q NUT.
Trump's numerous other shell companies stake claim, to own ONE bussiness.

It's amazing how dumb you dembots are about business
It's amazing you Trumptards are even dumber than your moron, dear leader about "business".

Look if any criminal fraud was committed it is up to the people who were defrauded to file charges.
OMG!
NO, it isn't.
If they don't then there is no case.

If the State of NY has a criminal case regarding tax fraud then file the charges in criminal court and prove it.
You should sign on to be Trump's "lawyer", after all he gave you a "degree".

Just the opposite Q NUT.
Trump's numerous other shell companies stake claim, to own ONE bussiness.

It's amazing you Trumptards are even dumber than your moron, dear leader about "business".

The Trump Organization is a group of about 500 business entities of which Donald Trump is the sole or principal owner.[5] Around 250 of these entities use the Trump name.[6][7

No they actually claim to own 500. This really isn't a hard concept, The Trump Organization is the parent company, that owns about 500 other companies.

People hate not getting paid either, that's Trump and that's what makes him a criminal.
Trump has a lifetime of court cases to prove it.
/------/ "People hate not getting paid either, that's Trump and that's what makes him a criminal."
I've had contractors and mechanics cheat me. My only recourse is to withhold payment until it's corrected. Contractors can always put a lien on the Trump properties to force payment.

Care to refute his daughter's claim?
"We have hundreds of millions of dollars of construction projects underway. And we have, for the most part, exceptional contractors on them who get paid, and get paid quickly,” she said. “But it would be irresponsible if my father paid contractors who did lousy work. And he doesn’t do that.” - Ivanka Trump.

can you show me one criminal case he's been convicted ? If not you are full of shit
It's a matter of time.

Allen Weisselberg, a longtime business associate of Donald Trump, joined a growing list of the former president's allies who have either pleaded guilty or been convicted of crimes since the New York real estate mogul and reality television star entered politics.

Weisselberg, 75, the longtime chief financial officer of the Trump Organization, reached a deal with the Manhattan District Attorney's Office, pleading guilty on Thursday to 15 felonies. He admitted to failing to pay taxes on some $1.7 million in income and is expected to face five months in prison as well as five years of probation.

/------/ "People hate not getting paid either, that's Trump and that's what makes him a criminal."
I've had contractors and mechanics cheat me. My only recourse is to withhold payment until it's corrected. Contractors can always put a lien on the Trump properties to force payment.

Care to refute his daughter's claim?
"We have hundreds of millions of dollars of construction projects underway. And we have, for the most part, exceptional contractors on them who get paid, and get paid quickly,” she said. “But it would be irresponsible if my father paid contractors who did lousy work. And he doesn’t do that.” - Ivanka Trump.
July 6 2016
Hundreds of workers and contractors have accused Donald Trump of not paying his bills over the years, according to an investigation by USA Today.

The report found hundreds of liens, judgments and at least 60 lawsuits against Trump and his businesses alleging that he has not fully paid workers for their labor and in some instances refused to pay commissions for his own lawyers and real estate brokers.

Since 2005, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee’s businesses have also racked up 24 violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act for not paying employees minimum wage or overtime pay.

The report found a tendency for Trump’s businesses to engage in lengthy legal battles over relatively small dollar figures, often making settlements that require confidentiality from the plaintiffs.

OMG!
NO, it isn't.

You should sign on to be Trump's "lawyer", after all he gave you a "degree".
FYI I'm not a fan of Trump and did not vote for him.

I just know abuse of power when I see it.

This AG can't make a criminal case so she's going to try a civil case.

This is a blatant abuse of power

It's a matter of time.

Allen Weisselberg, a longtime business associate of Donald Trump, joined a growing list of the former president's allies who have either pleaded guilty or been convicted of crimes since the New York real estate mogul and reality television star entered politics.

Weisselberg, 75, the longtime chief financial officer of the Trump Organization, reached a deal with the Manhattan District Attorney's Office, pleading guilty on Thursday to 15 felonies. He admitted to failing to pay taxes on some $1.7 million in income and is expected to face five months in prison as well as five years of probation.

July 6 2016
Hundreds of workers and contractors have accused Donald Trump of not paying his bills over the years, according to an investigation by USA Today.

The report found hundreds of liens, judgments and at least 60 lawsuits against Trump and his businesses alleging that he has not fully paid workers for their labor and in some instances refused to pay commissions for his own lawyers and real estate brokers.

Since 2005, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee’s businesses have also racked up 24 violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act for not paying employees minimum wage or overtime pay.

The report found a tendency for Trump’s businesses to engage in lengthy legal battles over relatively small dollar figures, often making settlements that require confidentiality from the plaintiffs.
when you say “it’s a matter of time…” that means it’ hasn’t happened

we are all very aware of how the left has abused their office and used stalinist tactics to go after trump and people around him

Forum List

Back