Trump Guilty!

Why is it when a rich, privileged white man is found guilty it is corrupt or unfair, but when poor folks are convicted, they got what they deserved.
You know what else? They suddenly discovered how miserably defendants are treated. For example, the DC jail has been a real shithole for over a decade. They have had lawsuits filed over it.

But none of these fucktards gave a shit until the January 6 terrorists were jailed there. Then suddenly, they are being abused! They are going through hell! It's torture!

Marjorie Taylor Greene marched down there to whine about it.

Okay. But will these assholes suddenly call for reforms? Is MTG drafting any legislation to fix the conditions of jails and prisons?

I think everyone knows the answer.

Now Trump is whining he is freezing in the court room in which countless thousands of other defendants have sat.
Reporters have taken thermometers in there and it was 70 degrees some days, and 80 degrees others.

Perhaps it is whatever meds Trump is taking that are giving him the shivers.

Trump is just a whiny bitch.

When it comes to Trump's conviction, circular logic is the order of the day.

Trump was convicted because the trial was rigged. We know the trail was rigged because Trump was convicted.

Hardly. This is a state not a federal case so Trump appointees are no going to do him any good. Once his lawyers come up with an appeal, the Appellate Division in Manhattan, and possibly the Court of Appeals would hear the case. That assumes that there are legal grounds to do so. The court does not weight the evidence, only whether the defendant got a fair trial.

Sentencing is scheduled for July 11th. An appeals court could make a decesion before the election but as time passes, that becomes less likely.
It doesn't matter if it's a state trial Federal laws were broken and it can easily be transferred to the federal system which is where I believe it will end up.

Interesting to see if Trump makes a statement at his sentencing

Give him a chance to tell the judge what scum he thinks he is
If Trump allocutes and denies culpability, that will go over very poorly with the judge.

I'm sure Trump's lawyer is telling him allocuting would be a very bad idea.

One, for the reason I just described. Two, if he did admit to guilt, that would be a hammer for the Democrats.

It's best if he keeps his big orange mouth shut.

If Trump allocutes and denies culpability, that will go over very poorly with the judge.

I'm sure Trump's lawyer is telling him allocuting would be a very bad idea.

One, for the reason I just described. Two, if he did admit to guilt, that would be a hammer for the Democrats.

It's best if he keeps his big orange mouth shut.

Sentencing is usually where the defendant throws himself at the mercy of the court.

This is Trumps chance to speak after declining during the trial

Will he attack the judge and jury?

Is that the best you got goober?
...Got goober.

Fail grade 3 much?

Possessive-Nouns-Cover-1024x1024.jpg

Here you go sparky.

You're welcome.

:badgrin:

Did the Floyd riots you alluded to happen today?

If so, I missed it on the news.

You fucked up, kid. Bigly.

I am serious about wanting to know how you managed to wipe your mind of the insurrection.

"Not nearly as bad". EXCUSE ME?

You fuckwits tried to overthrow our democracy!

NOTHING compares to that!

Did the Floyd riots you alluded to happen today?

If so, I missed it on the news.

Are you seriously going to compare the scale of one day of rioting at a government site to the months of destruction, deaths and damage that you all caused?

Not nearly as bad". EXCUSE ME?

You fuckwits tried to overthrow our democracy!

NOTHING compares to that!

Yeah, not as bad..first off, nobody tried to overthrow democracy. People thought the election was stolen, trumps plan was to send the election back to the states.

Yeah, it was bad, but when you compare it to the billions in property damage, the people who died, and the general chaos you all caused in 2020, I’d say your actions were worse.

The J6 riot was doomed to fail from the start. Only disingenuous people really think our “democracy” was in jeopardy.

Sentencing is usually where the defendant throws himself at the mercy of the court.
During allocution, the judge is looking for an admission of guilt by the convict.

Only then will the judge show mercy.

It would be a YUGE tactical mistake for Trump to allocute. Bigly.

I don't think that will be necessary. A poll in February ask whether a Trump felony conviction would effect your vote. 6% of Trump supporters and most independents in likely battleground states said they would not vote for a convicted felon.
Let’s see how that develops now that it has actually happened. I think you all will see backlash for this. People are not going to like the game that you all played. I think this could have election consequences for the left.

Are you seriously going to compare the scale of one day of rioting at a government site to the months of destruction, deaths and damage that you all caused?
I had nothing to do with any riots, fuckwit.

And yes, you are goddam right January 6 was worse. The terrorists attempted to stop the certification of an election and therefore to overthrow our democracy.

Trump had traitors in the House and the Senate standing by to support his coup should Pence obey his orders. Ted Cruz, the world leader of cucks everywhere, was the first to rise to stop the certification.

Trump also had illegal electors in seven states as part of the coup.

We came damned close to losing our democracy. Thank God Mike Pence found his spine.

It does not get worse than that.

Your feeble attempt to downplay the significance of that day is beyond the pale.

Let’s see how that develops now that it has actually happened. I think you all will see backlash for this. People are not going to like the game that you all played. I think this could have election consequences for the left.
That's why the donation site crashed.

Ohhh. Wayciss Wayciss luv dem wayciss.

Celebrate waycissm.
Why do black people have nice cars but crappy houses?
A: They haven't figured out how to steal a house yet.
God knows they've had a lot of their houses stolen out from under them.

Defending Against a Criminal Charge

If the accused found guilty by the Manhattan Criminal Court but disagree with the verdict, there are several options available to defend themselves. Here are a few possible solutions:

1. Appeal the Verdict: the accused can choose to appeal the court's decision to a higher court. This involves presenting arguments to the appellate court, highlighting any errors or legal issues that may have occurred during the trial process. The appellate court will review the case and determine if there are grounds for overturning the conviction or ordering a new trial.

2. Present New Evidence: The accused can gather new evidence that was not presented during the trial and submit it to the court. This evidence should be relevant to the case and have the potential to change the outcome. The accused can work with their defense attorney to determine the best approach for introducing new evidence.

3. Challenge the Legal Process: The accused can challenge the legality of the arrest, search, or seizure that led to the charges. If there were violations of constitutional rights or procedural errors during the investigation or trial, it may be possible to have the charges dismissed or the evidence suppressed.

4. Raise a Defense: the accused can present a defense to counter the prosecution's case. Common defenses include self-defense, alibi, lack of intent, or mistaken identity. A defense attorney can help the accused build a strong defense strategy based on the specific circumstances of the case.

5. Negotiate a Plea Bargain: the accused can choose to negotiate a plea bargain with the prosecution. This involves reaching an agreement where the accused plead guilty to a lesser charge or accept a reduced sentence in exchange for avoiding a trial and the possibility of a more severe punishment.

The specific defense strategy will depend on the details of the case and the advice of defense attorney. Each case is unique, and the best course of action will vary accordingly.

==>It's going to be a prolonged war between Red elites & Blue elites. Yes, the theater of Capitol Hill still exists. No riot yet. lol. :)

Sources:

1. https://www.findlaw.com/criminal/cr...nding-yourself-against-a-criminal-charge.html

2. https://www.npr.org/2024/05/30/nx-s1-4977352/trump-trial-verdict
There is only one thing on that list trump can do: Appeal

The rest is all in the past. Those are things done before or at trial.

Forum List

Back