Trump Had 'Multiple Phone Calls' With Putin After Leaving Office, Says Bob Woodward's New Book.

I have an issue with it being illegal for an American citizen to make a phone call to whoever they wish.

I also agree with the earlier point that Trump seems fascinated with world leaders of the dictator governments.

Both issues are troubling to me.

Former President Donald Trump kept in touch with Russian President Vladimir Putin after Trump left office, according to “War,” a new book by famed reporter Bob Woodward.

An aide to Trump told Woodward he was once asked to leave a room at Trump’s home in Florida so he could have a private phone call with Putin.

“According to Trump’s aide, there have been multiple phone calls between Trump and Putin, maybe as many as seven in the period since Trump left the White House in 2021,” Woodward wrote, according to CNN, which obtained a copy of the book ahead of its release later this month.

Trump has spoken fondly of Putin over the years; he used the words “genius” and “savvy” to describe Putin’s 2022 invasion of Ukraine, for instance. Trump claimed to have been the victim of a “witch hunt” when the Justic

Woodward does say there's only one source and others cannot corroborate this source, so take it with a pinch of salt.

However the usual is that Trump then goes off and insult Woodward.... what a surprise.

How can someone who resorts to insults for EVERYTHING he doesn't like, be popular for President?

Forum List

Back