Trump had "nothing to do with Russia"

Obviously you can't read English.
Oh I can read it well enough to see when someone lies to me. You read between the words to find an outcome that matches your beliefs. Like Bill Clinton did. I simply call it for what it is. You say it's not a lie because you don't want it to be a lie and you don't want your hero besmirched in any way. But consider this: he can be your hero and also have flaws. Like lying. Doesn't make him not the President, just makes him --- dare I say it? --- fallible. What's so hard about that?
No......you dipshits think privately talking about Russia in your office with your lawyer is the same as colluding with Russian officials on a business deal or even worse....stealing elections.

Grasping at straws....you fuckers are inventing ways to do it.
By "you fuckers" I assume you mean me, a conservative who worked in the US government for the Reagan administration. I'm not grasping at straws really. I'm calling a lie a lie. You are fulminating and foaming at the mouth just to avoid the simple truth : he lied when he said "I had nothing To do with Russia". Pretty simple really. I don't care about the whole Russian investigation as I said above. He loses me when he lies.
Nothing to do with what?

Be specific.

The example in the OP showed nothing that he had to do with Russia.

What other example are you trying to lump into the statement?
Your post is a bit garbled but I think you are asking me what President Trump lied about. His lawyer was in touch with the Russians and updated then candidate Trump three times. And the President said he had "nothing to do with the Russians. " That's a lie. I'm tired of the lying and tired of the ostrich syndrome in my fellow conservatives. What on earth does it cost to say, as I do, "yeah he has some faults but I still hope he can do tax reform and immigration reform etc despite his faults. ". I posted the OP really out of frustration of him continuing to make it hard to support him 100%. Clearly him lying is not a problem for you to continue your fealty to him. But don't tell me a lie is not a lie because of some Clintonesque distinctions you are able to make in your own mind. It's lying.
It's clear you purposely took the comment out of context. I finally saw what you were talking about. TRUMP WAS TALKING ABOUT REAL RUSSIAN COLLUSION (not with himself but between John Podesta and Russia ) not that he never, ever, had any ties to any banks based in Russia. (Nevermind the fact that banking thru a Russian Bank isn't the same as working directly with the Kremlin) You're trying to parse words. Taking a single word and applying it to everything.

Like I said.....you fuckers are so desperate to reverse the will of voters that you'll grasp at any straw.

^ to reverse the will of the voters, my ass... speaking of FALSE NARRATIVES. :eusa_liar:

So We Find Out FBI Has Been Investigating Trump Since July

FBI:

"We will never know whether the Russian intervention was determinative in such a close election. Indeed, it is unknowable in a campaign to which so many small changes could have dictated a different result. More importantly, and for the purposes of our investigation, it simply does not matter."

I cannot count the number of times since January that I've said to myself, "I'm just so done with this guy."

Trump attorney reached out to Kremlin to pursue Moscow Trump Tower project - CNNPolitics

OMG a real estate company wants to build a hotel in a foreign country!

Impeach!
Wanted to build in spite of the law. No, don't impeach, convict for treason.

Not been established here. The 2014 sanctions targeted mostly named INDIVIDUALS in Russia. Unless you KNOW the project would have violated law -- you're hysterical and blurting out the ass.. . Just told you --- in 2016 the US EXPORTED $7.5BILL to Russia. This was not intended to stop trade..

Nothing but a crime of thought..

Full transcript: FBI Director James Comey testifies on Russian interference in 2016 election

"The Russian active measures campaign may have begun as early as 2015
, when Russian intelligence services launched a series of spear fishing attacks designed to penetrate the computers of a broad array of Washington based Democratic and Republican party organizations, think tanks and other entities. This continued at least through the winter of 2016.

While at first the hacking may have been intended solely for the collection of foreign intelligence. In mid-2016 the Russians weapon eyes the stolen data and used platforms established by the Intel services, such as D.C. leaks in existing third-party channels like WikiLeaks to dump the documents. The stolen documents were almost uniformly damaging to the candidate Putin despised, Hillary Clinton. And by forcing her campaign to constantly respond to the daily drip of disclosures, the releases greatly benefited Donald Trump's campaign.

None of these facts is seriously in question. And they're reflected in the consensus conclusion of our intelligence agencies.

We will never know whether the Russian intervention was determinative in such a close election. Indeed, it is unknowable in a campaign to which so many small changes could have dictated a different result. More importantly, and for the purposes of our investigation, it simply does not matter.

What does matter is this, the Russians successfully meddled in our democracy and our intelligence agencies have concluded they will do so again. Ours is not the first democracy to be attacked by the Russians in this way. Russian intelligence has been simile interfering in the internal and political affairs of our European and other allies for decades.

SCHIFF: What is striking here is the degree to which the Russians were willing to undertake such an audacious and risky action against the most powerful nation on Earth. That ought to be a warning to us that if we thought that the Russians would not dare to so blatantly interfere in our affairs, we were wrong.

And if we do not do our very best to understand how the Russians accomplished this unprecedented attack on our democracy and what we need to do to protect ourselves in the future, we will only have ourselves to blame.

We know a lot about the Russian operation, about the way they amplified the damage their hacking and dumping of stolen documents was causing through the use of slick propaganda like R.T., the Kremlin's media arm. But there is a lot we don't know.

Most important, we do not yet know whether the Russians have the help of U.S. citizens including people associated with the Trump campaign. Many of the Trump's campaign personnel, including the president himself, have ties to Russia and Russian interests. This is of course no crime. On the other hand, if the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it aided or abetted the Russians, it would not only be a serious crime, it would also represent one of the most shocking betrayals of democracy in history."

Oh I can read it well enough to see when someone lies to me. You read between the words to find an outcome that matches your beliefs. Like Bill Clinton did. I simply call it for what it is. You say it's not a lie because you don't want it to be a lie and you don't want your hero besmirched in any way. But consider this: he can be your hero and also have flaws. Like lying. Doesn't make him not the President, just makes him --- dare I say it? --- fallible. What's so hard about that?
No......you dipshits think privately talking about Russia in your office with your lawyer is the same as colluding with Russian officials on a business deal or even worse....stealing elections.

By "you fuckers" I assume you mean me, a conservative who worked in the US government for the Reagan administration. I'm not grasping at straws really. I'm calling a lie a lie. You are fulminating and foaming at the mouth just to avoid the simple truth : he lied when he said "I had nothing To do with Russia". Pretty simple really. I don't care about the whole Russian investigation as I said above. He loses me when he lies.
Nothing to do with what?

Be specific.

Your post is a bit garbled but I think you are asking me what President Trump lied about. His lawyer was in touch with the Russians and updated then candidate Trump three times. And the President said he had "nothing to do with the Russians. " That's a lie. I'm tired of the lying and tired of the ostrich syndrome in my fellow conservatives. What on earth does it cost to say, as I do, "yeah he has some faults but I still hope he can do tax reform and immigration reform etc despite his faults. ". I posted the OP really out of frustration of him continuing to make it hard to support him 100%. Clearly him lying is not a problem for you to continue your fealty to him. But don't tell me a lie is not a lie because of some Clintonesque distinctions you are able to make in your own mind. It's lying.
It's clear you purposely took the comment out of context. I finally saw what you were talking about. TRUMP WAS TALKING ABOUT REAL RUSSIAN COLLUSION (not with himself but between John Podesta and Russia ) not that he never, ever, had any ties to any banks based in Russia. (Nevermind the fact that banking thru a Russian Bank isn't the same as working directly with the Kremlin) You're trying to parse words. Taking a single word and applying it to everything.

Like I said.....you fuckers are so desperate to reverse the will of voters that you'll grasp at any straw.
If my kid tried that pretzel logic with me I'd ground him for a week. A lie needs a ton of explanations to make it truth and you're definitely trying.

OMG a real estate company wants to build a hotel in a foreign country!

Impeach!
Wanted to build in spite of the law. No, don't impeach, convict for treason.
I don't know whether Trump erecting a hotel or opening a resort in Russia would violate U.S. sanctions against Russia. It could be that what Trump was doing did indeed violate the sanctions because it seems his firm's dealings may have involved Putin himself, or perhaps one of the "designated" Putin cronies.

I'll be honest. I don't have enough details about what Trump Organization's attorney(s) did, and I haven't fully read the sanctions detail.
What would violate it.... is if Trump was trying to use a government/Putin connected Russian SANCTIONED bank

For now, I have to take your word for that.
all we know for a fact is Kushner met with CEO of the number one Sanctioned Russian gvt bank, the week after or the week before Trump became President, which drew the attention of the FBI because he initially lied on his security forms and left the meeting off completely, and they had some surveillance that mentioned the meeting, but then months later, Kushner revised it.

That's it....that I know of....Mueller knows more, allegedly...and is at least pursuing that avenue...

thus my word at the beginning...

IF.

:D
TY for the added detail.

As I noted earlier, I was willing to take your word for it, even without the added details. I was because your claims were plausible, and I wasn't of a mind then (I'm even ow still not...LOL) to dig deeply into the matter.

Mind you, when I very briefly glanced over the sanctions content I earlier linked, I noticed language about some sort of financial services exclusion, but I made no effort to stop glancing/scanning and actually read about that exclusion.

until the Dem's can find proof that Trump flew to Russia in 2015,,,,,im not buying this obvious lie

trump has henchmen to do that sort of thing.... besides, nobody cares whether you buy anything disparaging about drumpf. that's mueller's job & he's allllllllll over it, elmer.

Signature avatar is RIGHT ON TARGET

just an FYI... it's lookin' like there's a few hundred slackjaws down in alabamy who willingly chose the tikis over the beacon for freedom so far....

As others tear down Confederate monuments, Alabama unveils 1

BRYNN ANDERSON,
Associated PressAugust 27, 2017

BRANTLEY, Ala. (AP) — As cities across the country are tearing down and relocating Confederate monuments, a county in southern Alabama on Sunday unveiled a new one.

Several hundred people attended a dedication ceremony for the "Unknown Alabama Confederate Soldiers" at Confederate Veterans Memorial Park in Crenshaw County, Alabama, 55 miles (88 kilometers) south of Montgomery.
[...]

As others tear down Confederate monuments, Alabama unveils 1

Nothing to do with what?

Be specific.

If my kid tried that pretzel logic with me I'd ground him for a week. A lie needs a ton of explanations to make it truth and you're definitely trying.
That's rich.
You have to use "pretzel logic" to draw your conclusions.

I heard what he said. I heard what he was talking about and I drew no conclusions. You on the other hand did. That he was talking about any contacts with any Russian entity. That's not what he was talking about. You obviously ignored what he was saying and twisted it into something it was not, Dim Bulb.

Nothing to do with what?

Be specific.

That's rich.

I heard what he said. I heard what he was talking about and I drew no conclusions. You on the other hand did. That he was talking about any contacts with any Russian entity. That's not what he was talking about. You obviously ignored what he was saying and twisted it into something it was not.
"I had nothing to do with the Russians." Guess it depends on the meaning of "had". Right, Bill?

PS why do formal? You can call me "Dimmy".

Last edited by a moderator:
Better relations with Russia is a wise thing to seek
This is still nothing more than a national temper tantrum carried on by a distinct minority who are governed by emotional addledness

Better relations is great...but not with a country that keeps acting like a foe.

When Russia is not annexing parts of their neighbors and propping up dictators in middle east, it is hacking political parties and spreading bs propaganda in Europe and United States.

Last edited:
Mueller meanwhile has decided to investigate Trump from 2nd grade forward which is not what he is empowered to do

Yes he was. Special investigator may take investigation where ever it leads.

To consider Russian influence without examining the money flows is like swimming without water.

Nothing to do with what?

Be specific.

That's rich.

I heard what he said. I heard what he was talking about and I drew no conclusions. You on the other hand did. That he was talking about any contacts with any Russian entity. That's not what he was talking about. You obviously ignored what he was saying and twisted it into something it was not.
"I had nothing to do with the Russians." Guess it depends on the meaning of "had". Right, Bill?
Get the correct quote and provide a link.

Better relations with Russia is a wise thing to seek
This is still nothing more than a national temper tantrum carried on by a distinct minority who are governed by emotional addledness

Better relations is great...but not with a country that keeps acting like a foe.

When Russia is not annexing parts of their neighbors and propping up dictators in middle east, it is hacking political parties and spreading bs propaganda in Europe and United States.
Yeah....and Iran is our best its buddies.

That's rich.

Get the correct quote and provide a link.
Watch the many versions of it posted above by others. They are videos. My more honest take on President Trump is summarized here:

'He's an a------, but he's our a------': California congressman gives blunt assessment of Trump

Nothing to do with what?

Be specific.

That's rich.

PS why do formal? You can call me "Dimmy".
Okay Timmy.
timmy-south-park.jpg.cf.jpg

Forum List

Back