🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump has put D.C. Into chaos

Good. That's what he was elected to do.

This is what I don't get. He was elected to create chaos. But towards what goal? To make America great, right? So how does his behavior as President in creating chaos make us great? I am not being argumentative because I support many of his policies, I just think he is burying good policy under an avalanche of odd behavior.
There is no odd behavior. There are democrats saying there is odd behavior. The phone conversation between Trump and Turnbull was calm and respectful. Democrats made up the screaming and hanging up.

The only odd behavior is from democrats.

Signing a bunch of EOs may sound like getting shit done but when many are scrapped by Trump himself, it makes him look like a dumbass.

Policy pronouncements sprout up from the White House in rapid succession.

Some have far-reaching implications, most notably Trump's temporary refugee and immigration ban, but others disappear without explanation, including planned executive actions on cybersecurity and the president's demand for an investigation into unsubstantiated voter fraud.

The day's agenda can quickly be overtaken by presidential tweets, which often start flashing on smartphones just as the nation's capital is waking up.

"The last two weeks feel like six months," said Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky.

Indeed, the effect on Washington — as well as the network of lobbyists, businesses and other interest groups that orbit the political power centers — has been dizzying, beyond the normal commotion that typically accompanies a White House transition. One official compared it to walking through a sandstorm, grasping for a moment of clarity.

For Trump, a frenetic pace of activity and seemingly haphazard style is as much a part of his political brand as his signature promise to build a border wall. In business and as a candidate, he used controlled chaos to keep his rivals off balance and appears to be taking a similar approach to governing.

Trump throws Washington into state of anxious uncertainty

Not exactly a leap. He's not a stupid man, but he is mentally ill.

This is what I don't get. He was elected to create chaos. But towards what goal? To make America great, right? So how does his behavior as President in creating chaos make us great? I am not being argumentative because I support many of his policies, I just think he is burying good policy under an avalanche of odd behavior.
There is no odd behavior. There are democrats saying there is odd behavior. The phone conversation between Trump and Turnbull was calm and respectful. Democrats made up the screaming and hanging up.

I think things like tweeting Arnold about ratings is odd. I think the incessant carping about the media, although deserved, is tired. We apparently disagree on these things that distract from good policy. It's okay for us to disagree. But that doesn't make me a Democrat.

That's not the other words.

Yemen raid was a disaster, you probably want to use something else as an example of Trump's approach to leadership being successful.

You armchair generals could gag a maggot.....listen mutt, you can tell how much an enemy treasures an area by how hard he'll fight to keep it. And al-Qaida fought like wolverines to keep the spot we took from them...they lost 14, we lost one. And we took a shitload of documents, armaments, and devices that will serve us well going forward. You've never served, never jumped off a helo not knowing exactly what you were getting into, so just STFU.

The only reason you heard about the phone call in the first place is because of the leaks within Trump's admin.

That's not the other words.

Yemen raid was a disaster, you probably want to use something else as an example of Trump's approach to leadership being successful.

You armchair generals could gag a maggot.....listen mutt, you can tell how much an enemy treasures an area by how hard he'll fight to keep it. And al-Qaida fought like wolverines to keep the spot we took from them...they lost 14, we lost one. And took a shitload of documents, armaments, and devices that will serve us well going forward. You've never served, never jumped off a helo not knowing exactly what you were getting into, so just STFU.

As you may recall there was a guy named Bin-Laden that we raided once.

And again you're talking out your ass....that mission was cancelled three times by Obama. Finally Valerie Jarret and Leon Panetta initiated it when he was out of the WH and when he tried to stop it a fourth time, was told it was too late they were wheels-up and had entered Paki airspace. And of course after they got OBL, within an HOUR, he ran to the microphones like it was HIS idea and ruined any chance of using the intel they'd gathered to find other AQ.

So draining the swamp involves tweeting Arnold about his ratings and that will make America great. Got it.

I know you can't fathom the President having a sense of humor. It must be galling to have a man you hate so much, doing things that will benefit you, and having a good time doing it....:lol:

Actually I am not a hater. Jesus told us to love and that's what I do. I'm asking a different question, which is, how do insults make America great again? What is the strategic goal that is served by these funny funny tweets of his about the media and Arnold, etc? Is your point of view that humor makes America great again? I really honestly don't get how these paroxysms of tweets etc serve a goal that the President is trying to get us to.

He's keeping the media chasing their tails, controlling the narrative and news cycle, while quietly going about his business. Kind of like the diversion used by magicians.

So draining the swamp involves tweeting Arnold about his ratings and that will make America great. Got it.

I know you can't fathom the President having a sense of humor. It must be galling to have a man you hate so much, doing things that will benefit you, and having a good time doing it....:lol:

Actually I am not a hater. Jesus told us to love and that's what I do. I'm asking a different question, which is, how do insults make America great again? What is the strategic goal that is served by these funny funny tweets of his about the media and Arnold, etc? Is your point of view that humor makes America great again? I really honestly don't get how these paroxysms of tweets etc serve a goal that the President is trying to get us to.

He's keeping the media chasing their tails, controlling the narrative and news cycle, while quietly going about his business. Kind of like the diversion used by magicians.

"Quietly?" I missed that part.

Signing a bunch of EOs may sound like getting shit done but when many are scrapped by Trump himself, it makes him look like a dumbass.

Policy pronouncements sprout up from the White House in rapid succession.

Some have far-reaching implications, most notably Trump's temporary refugee and immigration ban, but others disappear without explanation, including planned executive actions on cybersecurity and the president's demand for an investigation into unsubstantiated voter fraud.

The day's agenda can quickly be overtaken by presidential tweets, which often start flashing on smartphones just as the nation's capital is waking up.

"The last two weeks feel like six months," said Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky.

Indeed, the effect on Washington — as well as the network of lobbyists, businesses and other interest groups that orbit the political power centers — has been dizzying, beyond the normal commotion that typically accompanies a White House transition. One official compared it to walking through a sandstorm, grasping for a moment of clarity.

For Trump, a frenetic pace of activity and seemingly haphazard style is as much a part of his political brand as his signature promise to build a border wall. In business and as a candidate, he used controlled chaos to keep his rivals off balance and appears to be taking a similar approach to governing.

Trump throws Washington into state of anxious uncertainty
Good, he has all the scumbag:piss2: Democrats shitting there pants........

At least the imbeciles are in the minority since, which of course he lies about, he lost the popular vote. But don't feel bad, he is still Putin's president.

It's Official: Clinton's Popular Vote Win Came Entirely From California

You know Tom, that article about explains it all. It is also why the Dumbocrats are in such big trouble. Outside of California, New York, and Massachusetts along with a couple of others, they don't stand a chance. As long as the red states stick together and the federal government is controlled the way it is, the Dims are in deep, deep, trouble. They almost have to have the Presidency because that is the only thing they can get!

If the red states stick to their agenda and vote, in 18 the Repubs COULD end up with 60 Senate seats, and I do not see that as out of the question. The left is showing their asses all over media in blue states, and which red state wants to have problems like that?!?!?! None that I know of! Those video clips are going to be brought back to show who the Democratic base is, and ask the question--------> is this who you want running YOUR country! Oh, the Dems will cement their hold on California and New York, but will lose ground everywhere else, watch!

And again you're talking out your ass....that mission was cancelled three times by Obama. Finally Valerie Jarret and Leon Panetta initiated it when he was out of the WH and when he tried to stop it a fourth time, was told it was too late they were wheels-up and had entered Paki airspace. And of course after they got OBL, within an HOUR, he ran to the microphones like it was HIS idea and ruined any chance of using the intel they'd gathered to find other AQ.

Wow you are so full of shit.

The Osama raid was deliberated and done RIGHT, the raid Trump quickly agreed to was a fucking mess with our military and civilian casualties.

Those are facts, that is the record. You can't stand it so you start to make up bullshit about how the raid went without President's approval. Pathetic.

Last edited:

The Osama raid was deliberated and done RIGHT, the raid Trump quickly agreed to was a fucking mess with our military and civilian casualties.

Those are facts, that is the record. You can't stand it so you start to make up bullshit about how the raid went without President's approval. Pathetic.

You're a lying bucket of sewage and not worth another second of my time.

You're a lying bucket of sewage and not worth another second of my time.

Except beyond name calling you can't ACTUALLY say what I'm supposedly lying about.

How is violent protesting helping? It needs to stop and is accomplishing nothing more than further alienating the very people who put Trump in office. Its a no sum game for the left

As a follower of our Christ and Ghandi, I agree that violent protest is terrible and counterproductive. And so to is name calling and demeaning others. I think that sort of thing buries the good policy that President Trump is pursuing.

Are you equating violent protest with name calling, Dim? Trump has an in your face type of personality. That's who he is. That doesn't mean that the policies that he is putting into place are misguided. Most of them are about as common sense as they get. The protests? I can't for the life of me grasp what they accomplish. Yes, we know that millions of Americans didn't vote for Trump. That doesn't change the fact that he IS the President...elected under the rules we use to choose a President! That isn't going to change because you block traffic, light things on fire and chant obscene slogans!

If you're a liberal and you don't like Trump's conservative take on issues...come up with better solutions and run better candidates to implement them. That's something that should happen at the State or city level as an example of what would be good for the nation. SAYING that you have the backs of the Middle Class while doing little for them has brought you to the point where blue collar union workers in the Rust Belt voted for a Republican! Think about that long and hard! The next election will be here before you know it. Are you going to run Hillary again? Good luck with that! Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders? Who pays for all the give a ways they both promise? What effect will their brand of progressive policy have on our economy? You'd best ask yourself those types of questions because it's obvious that parts of the Democrats most loyal voting blocks have done so and come to the conclusion that the far left have made them promises that they have not delivered on!

"Quietly?" I missed that part.

Exactly, like with moabama, you don't know what's going on behind the scenes, you're too busy watching the circus. Maobama has Cass Sustein working behind the scenes imposing 10s of thousands of costly regulations, every one of them is being reviewed, most will be done away with. Trump is not going to allow a bunch of unaccountable bureaucrats to take dominion over every square inch of the country the way maobama tried to do.

How is violent protesting helping? It needs to stop and is accomplishing nothing more than further alienating the very people who put Trump in office. Its a no sum game for the left

As a follower of our Christ and Ghandi, I agree that violent protest is terrible and counterproductive. And so to is name calling and demeaning others. I think that sort of thing buries the good policy that President Trump is pursuing.

Are you equating violent protest with name calling, Dim? Trump has an in your face type of personality. That's who he is. That doesn't mean that the policies that he is putting into place are misguided. Most of them are about as common sense as they get. The protests? I can't for the life of me grasp what they accomplish. Yes, we know that millions of Americans didn't vote for Trump. That doesn't change the fact that he IS the President...elected under the rules we use to choose a President! That isn't going to change because you block traffic, light things on fire and chant obscene slogans!

If you're a liberal and you don't like Trump's conservative take on issues...come up with better solutions and run better candidates to implement them. That's something that should happen at the State or city level as an example of what would be good for the nation. SAYING that you have the backs of the Middle Class while doing little for them has brought you to the point where blue collar union workers in the Rust Belt voted for a Republican! Think about that long and hard! The next election will be here before you know it. Are you going to run Hillary again? Good luck with that! Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders? Who pays for all the give a ways they both promise? What effect will their brand of progressive policy have on our economy? You'd best ask yourself those types of questions because it's obvious that parts of the Democrats most loyal voting blocks have done so and come to the conclusion that the far left have made them promises that they have not delivered on!

Good points. Yes I am equating hate speech with violence. One leads to the other, and the other leads to one. I'm not sure who you're talking to when you say "you" a lot, because I'm a conservative.

I just think that saying things in an interview like President Trump said about Putin and Russia not being so bad because we have killers here in the US is reprehensible. If President Obama had said that I would have rightly criticized it strenuously. Yes, President Trump is the president now, and the office deserves respect. But I believe he is stepping on his message with all this nonsense in your face stuff. People are less focused on some good policies he's putting in place instead of this crazy stuff he is putting out there.

Forum List

Back