Trump: Have the Coronavirus, Go to Work and recover!

I do not believe he minimized it. He just didn't exaggerate it. 99% of the people in the US who get this will recover unless they have underlying conditions. If persons follow CDS procedures they will be fine.
Yes and 8 percent who have underlying conditions will die. And I love how you are now prepared to put a number on your "hunch". By the way, 1 percent of the US is 3.2 million. At 10 percent that's 320000 people. It seems not something you should take lightly.

The only thing that helps in something like this is social isolation. If Trump says it's mortality is "a fraction of 1 percent" or "it's a hoax", or "people go to work while infected" WITHOUT saying they really shouldn't he IS minimizing it.

And who is exaggerating it? The WHO, the Democrats, the media? Maybe if I put this in perspective it'll be clearer. The Spanish Flu had a mortality rate of 2 to 3 percent it killed 25 to 39 million people. This on a population of 1.8 billion.
We have 7.7 billion people now. Not for nothing seems hard to exaggerate the potential consequences of this.

So you want everyone to just quarantine themselves until a vaccine comes out? Come on.
Another strawman? Have I ever said you or anyone should just quarantine themselves? What I said... and repeated... and repeated that it is very irresponsible for the president of the United States to downplay the severity of what this virus represents in any way. Something he clearly has done.

He didn't downplay it IMO. Opinions vary.
Apparently, the thing is you aren't capable of defending your opinion, I am. I gave you direct quotes of what Trump said. I gave you the link to when he said it. I explained in what way he was downplaying it. You on the other hand just offered a blanket he didn't do it. Both opinions are not equal in a debate setting.

I listened to the entire interview and didn't see him as downplaying it at all.

If you definitely have it then you need to follow CDC protocols but if you just have a cold, you're safe to do what you normally do.
Sure because of cold symptoms are NOT Corona symptoms. Why do you keep going back to a cold?

Because mild examples of COV-19 are similar to cold symptoms. Not everyone gets severe symptoms.

Yep, you read that right: Common human coronaviruses—not to be confused with the novel coronavirus, or SARS-CoV-2, currently circulating—can cause mild to moderate upper-respiratory tract illnesses, like the common cold, per the CDC. In fact, the majority of people will get infected with one or more of these viruses at some point in their lives—according to Marie-Louise Landry, MD, an infectious disease expert at Yale Medicine and the director of the Yale Clinical Virology Laboratory, four common human coronaviruses cause 15-30% of common colds. (Most often, however, the common cold is caused by a rhinoviruses, per the CDC). Their peak season is also winter—aka, the same time as influenza.
Because mild examples of COV-19 are similar to cold symptoms.
You contradict yourself.
Common human coronaviruses—not to be confused with the novel coronavirus, or SARS-CoV-2, currently circulating—can cause mild to moderate upper-respiratory tract illnesses, like the common cold, per the CDC.

I am quoting the CDC. Maybe they are contradicting themselves? LOL
No, they didn't contradict themself they said that this Corona virus does not display common cold symptoms. I put it in bold.

CDC recommends that employees who appear to have acute respiratory illness symptoms (i.e. cough, shortness of breath) upon arrival to work or become sick during the day should be separated from other employees and be sent home immediately.

Do you disagree that it may start as a common cold (symptoms wise) and then the symptoms could worsen?

Yes and 8 percent who have underlying conditions will die. And I love how you are now prepared to put a number on your "hunch". By the way, 1 percent of the US is 3.2 million. At 10 percent that's 320000 people. It seems not something you should take lightly.

The only thing that helps in something like this is social isolation. If Trump says it's mortality is "a fraction of 1 percent" or "it's a hoax", or "people go to work while infected" WITHOUT saying they really shouldn't he IS minimizing it.

And who is exaggerating it? The WHO, the Democrats, the media? Maybe if I put this in perspective it'll be clearer. The Spanish Flu had a mortality rate of 2 to 3 percent it killed 25 to 39 million people. This on a population of 1.8 billion.
We have 7.7 billion people now. Not for nothing seems hard to exaggerate the potential consequences of this.

So you want everyone to just quarantine themselves until a vaccine comes out? Come on.
Another strawman? Have I ever said you or anyone should just quarantine themselves? What I said... and repeated... and repeated that it is very irresponsible for the president of the United States to downplay the severity of what this virus represents in any way. Something he clearly has done.

He’s been downplaying it. Just look how he was making up mortality rates from the infection.

I disagree. Not hitting the panic button is not the same as downplaying it. I watched the entire interview and didn't see it as downplaying it. Opinions vary. Feel free to vote him out in Nov.

Of course you don’t see it. You don’t see a lot of things that are true.

Apparently, the thing is you aren't capable of defending your opinion, I am. I gave you direct quotes of what Trump said. I gave you the link to when he said it. I explained in what way he was downplaying it. You on the other hand just offered a blanket he didn't do it. Both opinions are not equal in a debate setting.

Of course, you didn't. This would require you to make an objective judgment about statements this president makes. Something you can't because it would require you to go by more than just "hunches." And this would mean that the reaction the left has to this president is warranted if even a little.

A realization that I suspect would directly damage your self-image. So you deflect, offer up strawman and engage in anything but the premise.

Don't get me wrong it's an affliction that affects most people on the left or right nowadays. But this is a very serious situation. Something that transcends the politics of it. There is zero room for hunches and cold hard facts should be the motivator.

Yes. The CDC and many other state health agencies are telling people who may have Covid-19 to stay home.

Trump needs to shut up when he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

If if you have it then yes but what if you don't know and just have a common cold. Trump never said those with confirmed Covid-19 should not follow CDC suggestions.

If you don't like him, vote him out.

Trump talks a lot without saying much. That’s the problem with people who don’t know what they’re taking about. It’s all worthless.

People need to consider the possibility that their cold symptoms is Covid-19 and stay at home even if they don’t know for sure (even more important given the difficulty in testing for it).

So now everyone with a cold should stay home? When did the CDC say that or are you giving your opinion?

It’s on the website.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Didn’t Trump mention this?

Your link:

Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are common in humans and many different species of animals, including camels, cattle, cats, and bats. Rarely, animal coronaviruses can infect people and then spread between people, such as with MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV. The virus that causes COVID-19 is spreading from person-to-person in China and some limited person-to-person transmission has been reported in countries outside China, including the United States. However, respiratory illnesses like seasonal influenza, are currently widespread in many US communities.
Did you have a point by copying that text?

Sure because of cold symptoms are NOT Corona symptoms. Why do you keep going back to a cold?

Because mild examples of COV-19 are similar to cold symptoms. Not everyone gets severe symptoms.

Yep, you read that right: Common human coronaviruses—not to be confused with the novel coronavirus, or SARS-CoV-2, currently circulating—can cause mild to moderate upper-respiratory tract illnesses, like the common cold, per the CDC. In fact, the majority of people will get infected with one or more of these viruses at some point in their lives—according to Marie-Louise Landry, MD, an infectious disease expert at Yale Medicine and the director of the Yale Clinical Virology Laboratory, four common human coronaviruses cause 15-30% of common colds. (Most often, however, the common cold is caused by a rhinoviruses, per the CDC). Their peak season is also winter—aka, the same time as influenza.
You contradict yourself.
Common human coronaviruses—not to be confused with the novel coronavirus, or SARS-CoV-2, currently circulating—can cause mild to moderate upper-respiratory tract illnesses, like the common cold, per the CDC.

No, they didn't contradict themself they said that this Corona virus does not display common cold symptoms. I put it in bold.

CDC recommends that employees who appear to have acute respiratory illness symptoms (i.e. cough, shortness of breath) upon arrival to work or become sick during the day should be separated from other employees and be sent home immediately.

Do you disagree that it may start as a common cold (symptoms wise) and then the symptoms could worsen?
Yes since acute respiratory illness symptoms are NOT your typical cold symptoms.

your head is so far up trumps ass you cant see anything-

cold and flu symptoms are the first stages of the virus - testing to separate the two is imperative for controlling the virus.

DDDDDUUUUUHHHHHH -

He’s been downplaying it. Just look how he was making up mortality rates from the infection.

I disagree. Not hitting the panic button is not the same as downplaying it. I watched the entire interview and didn't see it as downplaying it. Opinions vary. Feel free to vote him out in Nov.

Of course you don’t see it. You don’t see a lot of things that are true.
You would be surprised. I tagged you pretty accurately and broke you to where you put me on ignore.

Of course, you didn't. This would require you to make an objective judgment about statements this president makes. Something you can't because it would require you to go by more than just "hunches." And this would mean that the reaction the left has to this president is warranted if even a little.

A realization that I suspect would directly damage your self-image. So you deflect, offer up strawman and engage in anything but the premise.

Don't get me wrong it's an affliction that affects most people on the left or right nowadays. But this is a very serious situation. Something that transcends the politics of it. There is zero room for hunches and cold hard facts should be the motivator.

He said he had a hunch, he didn't say ignore the CDC. You see what you want to see.

If if you have it then yes but what if you don't know and just have a common cold. Trump never said those with confirmed Covid-19 should not follow CDC suggestions.

If you don't like him, vote him out.

Trump talks a lot without saying much. That’s the problem with people who don’t know what they’re taking about. It’s all worthless.

People need to consider the possibility that their cold symptoms is Covid-19 and stay at home even if they don’t know for sure (even more important given the difficulty in testing for it).

So now everyone with a cold should stay home? When did the CDC say that or are you giving your opinion?

It’s on the website.

Your link:

Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are common in humans and many different species of animals, including camels, cattle, cats, and bats. Rarely, animal coronaviruses can infect people and then spread between people, such as with MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV. The virus that causes COVID-19 is spreading from person-to-person in China and some limited person-to-person transmission has been reported in countries outside China, including the United States. However, respiratory illnesses like seasonal influenza, are currently widespread in many US communities.

The point is colds, flus, etc. hit every year. Deal with it. 99% are not life threatening.

You contradict yourself.

Yes since acute respiratory illness symptoms are NOT your typical cold symptoms.

Colds can cause bad coughs and sore throats. Unless you're a doctor how do you decipher the difference?

your head is so far up trumps ass you cant see anything-

cold and flu symptoms are the first stages of the virus - testing to separate the two is imperative for controlling the virus.

DDDDDUUUUUHHHHHH -

Zero to do with Trump. His point was that most people with those symptoms will continue on with their lives, go to work, etc. and be fine. He is not wrong. Need a safe space or a hug, snowflake? I am glad I triggered you. Are you going to threaten violence next or do you not have the guts?

It’s on the website.

Your link:

The point is colds, flus, etc. hit every year. Deal with it. 99% are not life threatening.

nah - the point is youre a f'n idiot and not a Dr dealing with Coronavirus

complex thinking escapes you.

He said he had a hunch, he didn't say ignore the CDC. You see what you want to see.
He said his hunch was that the mortality rate was a fraction of 1 percent, a number he didn't offer any data on. He said that people go to work while having this virus. He didn't say they shouldn't.

Let's see if you can muster any intellectual honesty.

Do you think someone who watched this interview and relies exclusively on Hannity for news ( of wich people I know there are quite a few) would be more or less likely to go to work while possibly being affected by the Coronavirus than someone who gets his information via the CDC?

It’s on the website.

Your link:

nah - the point is youre a f'n idiot and not a Dr dealing with Coronavirus

complex thinking escapes you.

Are you going to cry? Either man up or get out of this thread. You scared of a little cold? Wimp.

He said his hunch was that the mortality rate was a fraction of 1 percent, a number he didn't offer any data on. He said that people go to work while having this virus. He didn't say they shouldn't.

Do you think someone who watched this interview and relies exclusively on Hannity for news ( of wich people I know there are quite a few) would be more or less likely to go to work while possibly being affected by the Coronavirus?

I heard the interview. I agree with everything he said and how he said it. That is reality. If someone has a runny nose and a sore throat they will likely go to work unless they are a sissy.

Do you think someone who watched this interview and relies exclusively on Hannity for news ( of wich people I know there are quite a few) would be more or less likely to go to work while possibly being affected by the Coronavirus?

I heard the interview. I agree with everything he said and how he said it. That is reality. If someone has a runny nose and a sore throat they will likely go to work unless they are a sissy.
I see you evaded the question, so I guess I have my answer on your intellectual honesty.

I see you evaded the question, so I guess I have my answer on your intellectual honesty.

To answer your question its neutral. I think if they have a mild cold they will still go. 99.9% of the people likely don't believe it will impact them unless they have been to China or Iran recently or on some cruise. I have ZERO fear of this virus. We have people with colds in the office now and I don't go near them because I don't want to catch their cold not because I am afraid of COV-19. I am not sure how much more honest you would like me to be?

You contradict yourself.

Colds can cause bad coughs and sore throats. Unless you're a doctor how do you decipher the difference?
I don't need to be a doctor to distinguish between someone who coughs and has a sore throat and someone who can't breathe properly anymore.

I don't need to be a doctor to distinguish between someone who coughs and has a sore throat and someone who can't breathe properly anymore.

What does "breathe properly anymore" mean? I had bronchitis when I was 19. I had a hard time breathing but it felt like a normal/cold flu. I went to a doctor because I was coughing at night and could not sleep and he gave me antibiotics. Voila. Gone.

Bronchitis can have a similar effect and so can the flu if you're congested with phlegm in your lungs.

Forum List

Back