Trump hit with criminal charges in New York, a first for a US ex-president -New York Times

I believe Hillary should have been charged with many things. I'm not sure the Trump administrations failure there means all should fail.

We don't indict political opponents in the USA. Until now that is.

Democratic Party's slippery slope, turning us into a 🍌 Republic. While interfering in the 2024 primaries and general election.

The legal system is discredited when the Democrat Party [sic] use it as a weapon against its enemies.
This is a lie.

The legal system is discredited when criminal acts go unpunished solely because the actor is rich, famous, or powerful.

And this has nothing to do with ‘Democrats’; Trump has only himself to blame.

Its been done before in other democracies. President Lungu charged his chief rival Hichilema for treason and Hichilema spent several months in jail in Zambia over it.
Well, hey, must be okay, then-------see? There's precedent! After all, if blacks in Africa do it, must be something great we should all do, right?

We don't indict political opponents in the USA. Until now that is.

And I 100% have long condemned that. It's absolutely wrong to say the political class is above the law.

Democratic Party's slippery slope, turning us into a 🍌 Republic. While interfering in the 2024 primaries and general election.

I hope it leads to the end of ignoring crimes by politicians.

If Bragg is using a Federal statute then Congress has every right to demand that Bragg appears before a committee.

He's not using a federal statute; he's using a state criminal fraud statue.

I think Trump committed a crime according to the letter of the law, but to be honest, I put conviction odds at no better than 50/50. Jury nullification is a thing. This is such a special case that the prosecution will not only have to prove that Trump committed a crime under NY statute, but that what Trump did warrants a conviction. There's nobody alive who doesn't have an opinion about Trump and I'm guessing the chances of finding a jury that is completely biased against him is going to be next to impossible. I won't rule out a conviction but deadlocked jury is my bet.

Finally the first of the criminal charges. And out of trump's own mouth we get the verdict. He's already claiming that it's politically motived and an attempt to interfere with an election ( the current ). That's exactly why he's being charged, in attempting to silence Stormy Daniels he interfered with the election back then.

You overlooked an important point.
Not proven.

here…a gift for the lefty’s:

1680216462833.jpeg

Wouldn’t want you all to get blisters.

Good point. Nixon never tried to imprison his political opponent. Carter didn't, either. Biden is the worst of the worst, and what he had done today is the worst thing he's done.
You do realize this occurred long before Biden became president so your case is moot.

Yikes!

:popcorn:

LOCK HIM UPLOCK HIM UPLOCK HIM UPLOCK HIM UPLOCK HIM UPLOCK HIM UPLOCK HIM UPLOCK HIM UPLOCK HIM UPLOCK HIM UPLOCK HIM UPLOCK HIM UPLOCK HIM UPLOCK HIM UPLOCK HIM UPLOCK HIM UPLOCK HIM UPLOCK HIM UPLOCK HIM UPLOCK HIM UP

The deal that Trump will offer is to immediately apologize and drop the charges and if I feel generous, I won't sue your sorry city for every dime you have.
For what crime, exactly? Groundswell has it the Demmies are alleging crimes against Republicans where there are no crimes, so they can win the next election as they fool more and more people with more and more lies. Probity has been defied so many times people are catching on to the wrongful abuse of the 10th Commandment so they can wrap their grubs around a ton of money nobody will notice is missing, The Demmies print unfathomable amounts of money to "spread around" and take a fortune for themselves as their "prize" for taking criticism well and paying their way out of it to p'wned judicial authorities who are on the make for a large purse per incarcerated innocent Republicans. We're sick of it. Not one of those incarcerated Republicans who were jailed on false charges did anything untoward except to walk into the capitol on the welcoming police who opened the door for them to come in at the direction of very crooked Congress Chairpersons who planned J6 months before it happened as a way to "get Trump." And it worked. They also had their stolen vote issue planned right down to the escape doors for themselves and locked doors for Trump supporters who were accused of things they did not do and are still behind bars with not so much as a hearing. I blame Nancy Pelosi for the entire skunk stinking deal of J6. She orchestrated it. Her hatred motivated it. She shamefully executed it. She will not go to heaven on judgment day for her crimes against the innocent.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back