Trump: I Won't Attend White House Correspondents Dinner

President Donald Trump said Saturday that he will not attend the annual White House correspondents dinner this year.

The annual gathering, hosted by the White House Correspondents Association, is usually attended by the president, reporters from media outlets that cover the White House, and celebrities.

Trump’s announcement, which gave no reason, came after a sustained attack on the media. He recently called news organizations “the enemy,” and the White House on Friday excluded several major outlets, The Huffington Post among them, from a press briefing.

Bloomberg and Vanity Fair, which host one of the hottest parties in Washington the weekend of the annual dinner, have announced they would not hold the event this year. CNN, frequently criticized by Trump, has been contemplating sitting out the dinner.

The annual dinner also features a roast of the president by a comedian ― something that may not have gone over with the notoriously thin-skinned Trump.

Trump has been stung by the event before ― in 2011, when then-President Barack Obama roasted him. At the time, Trump had been falsely claiming that Obama was not born in the United States and was pushing him to release his birth certificate.

More: Trump Says He Will Not Attend Annual White House Correspondents

Gee, I wonder why. I believe the dinner is scheduled for April 29 or 30, 2017. I've seen conflicting dates. Will President Obama be there? I chuckle as I imagine him hosting the event after the roasting he gave Trump in 2011. Video below...

Trump announces he won't be attending two months prior to the event? That is very strange. Isn't it considered a lighthearted way for both the press and members of gov't to get together, let down their hair, and blow off some steam while sharing a laugh together? Isn't it a way of bonding. Why can't Trump just suck it up like a real mensch? After all, it's the WH correspondence dinner, and who the hell lives in the WH? When was the last time a president hasn't made an appearance?

I wondered if Trump has considered how big of a shellacking he's going to be in for simply because he's too chickenshit to show up. And I'm not just talking about during the dinner. Late night comedians are going to pillory Trump, and he will have brought it ALL on himself.

President Donald Trump said Saturday that he will not attend the annual White House correspondents dinner this year.

The annual gathering, hosted by the White House Correspondents Association, is usually attended by the president, reporters from media outlets that cover the White House, and celebrities.

Trump’s announcement, which gave no reason, came after a sustained attack on the media. He recently called news organizations “the enemy,” and the White House on Friday excluded several major outlets, The Huffington Post among them, from a press briefing.

Bloomberg and Vanity Fair, which host one of the hottest parties in Washington the weekend of the annual dinner, have announced they would not hold the event this year. CNN, frequently criticized by Trump, has been contemplating sitting out the dinner.

The annual dinner also features a roast of the president by a comedian ― something that may not have gone over with the notoriously thin-skinned Trump.

Trump has been stung by the event before ― in 2011, when then-President Barack Obama roasted him. At the time, Trump had been falsely claiming that Obama was not born in the United States and was pushing him to release his birth certificate.

Gee, I wonder why. I believe the dinner is scheduled for April 29 or 30, 2017. I've seen conflicting dates. Will President Obama be there? I chuckle as I imagine him hosting the event after the roasting he gave Trump in 2011. Video below...

Trump announces he won't be attending two months prior to the event? That is very strange. Isn't it considered a lighthearted way for both the press and members of gov't to get together, let down their hair, and blow off some steam while sharing a laugh together? Isn't it a way of bonding. Why can't Trump just suck it up like a real mensch? After all, it's the WH correspondence dinner, and who the hell lives in the WH? When was the last time a president hasn't made an appearance?

I wondered if Trump has considered how big of a shellacking he's going to be in for simply because he's too chickenshit to show up. And I'm not just talking about during the dinner. Late night comedians are going to pillory Trump, and he will have brought it ALL on himself.

Ooooh a shellacking from left loons? Lol....scary stuff

Maybe Alec Baldwin will stand-in for Trump. They'll certainly roast hell out of Trump anyway.
Alec Baldwin is a mental whack job
Because he's a very talented actor of stage, screen and TV?

No because his temperment is awful and he's loony as a fucking toon. It figures he's a favorite of yours
This is loony looking to you?

images

Trump's a fucking coward. He will still be a punching bag by the 4th Estate.......and rightly so!!!!!!

Maybe Alec Baldwin will stand-in for Trump. They'll certainly roast hell out of Trump anyway.

No because his temperment is awful and he's loony as a fucking toon. It figures he's a favorite of yours

Hes a loon...i dont really give a shit. Hows that?

You leftists squabble about the most insignificant shit.

Hmm.... Trump doesn't like the media. He's not attending a White House event for the press. I might avoid the food and drink if I were attending that event.

Just a thought.

It's hard to believe that the media is going to be any worse than they are now. They wanted to pillory Trump with him sitting there unable to do anything. They won't get that.

Come on snowflake you don't want Trumps Dementia to be exposed......do you?

The "LOON" is in the WH.

So what. Liberals, including congress members, skipped Trump's inauguration and made death threats to those who wanted to perform. You guys act like this event is more important than that. Grow up. Some calling him a dick for skipping this. I guess there were a lot of Dem dicks for boycotting his inauguration.

And some wonder when he'll fill cabinet positions. Maybe when the left stops blocking his choices.

You lefties are acting like a bunch of hypocrites!!

Whole lotta butt hurt coming from the liberals on this one. They seem to think trump owed them a bunch of cheap shots. Now their mad as hell that he ruined the party... Poor Libs... Things just never seem to be going your way lately.

No Trump = no ratings
We'll see.

They can roast the hell out of Trump whether he's there or not. He can always Tweet his responses. Hell, he was even Tweeting during the Yemen raid he ordered that killed one SEAL and wounded four others in addition to killing 10 women and children - that was planned over dinner. Oh, and a 75 million dollar aircraft was lost.

Whole lotta butt hurt coming from the liberals on this one. They seem to think trump owed them a bunch of cheap shots. Now their mad as hell that he ruined the party... Poor Libs... Things just never seem to be going your way lately.

Trump just refuses to wear their "Kick me" T-shirt, and it ticks them off.

Forum List

Back