Trump insults a war hero

Mods seriously?

this the FIFTH freaking post on this. why are these libs able to run and ruin this board?

here's some NEWS folks the Democrats don't want to GET OUT so they keep harping on Trump this Trump that. that is how they play their dirty politics. As if they give a shit about John McCain. and this op is the worst for that one as we've seen posted in another thread on Trump and McCain

WAKE UP

SNIp

this is why the left/dems/commies were trying so hard to shut down Trump. LEGAL immigrants are not in FAVOR OF Obama's amnesty and are just as upset over the illegal immigrants in the country
VOTE OUT the Democrat/progressive party come 2016 before it's too late

SNIP:
DailyCaller

Poll: Most Hispanic Voters Don’t Think A Path To Citizenship Is Solution
More than 60 percent of registered Hispanic voters do not think a pathway to citizenship for illegals would benefit the country, and most do not see it as the best way to solve the country’s immigration problems, a new poll shows.

Of the 62 percent who felt a pathway to citizenship for illegals would not benefit the country, 33 percent felt it would hurt the economy, 7 percent felt it would overly burden public schools and 10 percent felt it would create public safety issues, the McKeon & Associates Wednesday poll found.

“The economy is still the issue,” Michael McKeon told The Daily Caller News Foundation. “When 33 percent think immigration will hurt the economy, that’s what’s on their mind.”

all of it here:

Poll Hispanic Voters Don t See Path To Citizenship As Benefit The Daily Caller
Ask them. Veterans against McCain.

Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

They are talking themselves into agreeing with Trump.

Indeed, this is what the majority of Americans nowadays do when it comes to politics.
Or, at the very least, some seem to be painting themselves into a corner which makes is appear as though they agree with Trump regarding the McSame thing. I understand their reluctance to back down, given that Trump serves-up Tough Talk regarding Illegal Aliens, but the question becomes: "At what price?" - to me, that price is a bit too high.

They are talking themselves into agreeing with Trump.

Indeed, this is what the majority of Americans nowadays do when it comes to politics.
Or, at the very least, some seem to be painting themselves into a corner which makes is appear as though they agree with Trump regarding the McSame thing. I understand their reluctance to back down, given that Trump serves-up Tough Talk regarding Illegal Aliens, but the question becomes: "At what price?" - to me, that price is a bit too high.

Nope. I'm not connecting you with Trumps comments about McCain at all. I'm simply reacting to your acceptance of tough talk without a plan as being a reasonable policy position.

That's all.

...You use rhetoric as well. It fails...
Rhetoric has its place.

And, based upon the poll-surge that we see at-work, at-present, I'm not so sure that 'fail' is an accurate characterization.

...The "invasion" that you speak of is simply an example of what humans have done since we first walked this earth...
Doesn't matter.

For most of human history, 'borders' and 'national sovereignty' were nonexistent or held far less meaning than they do in our present age.

...We move when it becomes beneficial for us to do so...
Unless the people already in possession of our intended destination object to our coming and have the power to stop us.

...Humans don't "invade" those places we move to unless we take up arms and kill or enslave the people who may already be there...
I understand your objection to the use of that emotion-invoking metaphor.

In your position, I would object, too.

I am not in your position.

...Likewise..if said inhabitants don't kill or enslave the immigrants....it's likely a mutually beneficial event...
The arrangement benefits the Invaders.

The arrangement benefits those on the other side of the fence with the money to hire them at near-slave-wages.

The arrangement does not benefit the millions of American tradesmen now reduced to working for peanuts because of the Invaders and those willing to employ them.

Although white-collar myself, I stand with our suffering American tradesmen in this matter, even at times when their own corrupt and subverted Organized Labor mouthpieces will not.

...Your characterization of immigrants as "invaders" puts you in a camp with people who haven't given the matter enough thought and therefore cannot contribute to the discussion positively. Just like Trump. Well done.
Nonsense.

I understand your need to denigrate and trivialize and caricaturize those who stand opposite you in this matter, but it will avail you nothing.

Trump is a clown in many respects... he brings no useful solutions to the table... but he begins the process, by serving-up Tough Talk on the subject.

Something missing from the American Political Dialogue for a very long time now - too long, judging by recent poll results.

And, in light of your own reluctance to come to that realization, I'm content to see that I'm not the only one susceptible to charges of not giving something sufficient thought.

Dude.....Trumps "surge" took him to 18% of GOP primary voters. That is about 9% of the voting populace. That's it. That is his ceiling. You have bought into the simple rhetoric....and have lauded the fact that a few others have along with you.

Figure it out. He doesn't have a plan. If you support him....and despite what you are saying, you are one of his supporters....you support a man without a plan.

Enjoy.
Nice try.

I don't support Trump.

I have repeatedly stated that he is, in all probability, an asshole, that he has not yet served-up viable solutions on that issue, and that I really don't think I want him as President.

But that doesn't prevent me from appreciating the re-emergence of Tough Talk on the subject of Illegal Aliens and so-called Immigration Reform, and crediting him for that.

Big difference.

...You use rhetoric as well. It fails...
Rhetoric has its place.

And, based upon the poll-surge that we see at-work, at-present, I'm not so sure that 'fail' is an accurate characterization.

...The "invasion" that you speak of is simply an example of what humans have done since we first walked this earth...
Doesn't matter.

For most of human history, 'borders' and 'national sovereignty' were nonexistent or held far less meaning than they do in our present age.

...We move when it becomes beneficial for us to do so...
Unless the people already in possession of our intended destination object to our coming and have the power to stop us.

...Humans don't "invade" those places we move to unless we take up arms and kill or enslave the people who may already be there...
I understand your objection to the use of that emotion-invoking metaphor.

In your position, I would object, too.

I am not in your position.

...Likewise..if said inhabitants don't kill or enslave the immigrants....it's likely a mutually beneficial event...
The arrangement benefits the Invaders.

The arrangement benefits those on the other side of the fence with the money to hire them at near-slave-wages.

The arrangement does not benefit the millions of American tradesmen now reduced to working for peanuts because of the Invaders and those willing to employ them.

Although white-collar myself, I stand with our suffering American tradesmen in this matter, even at times when their own corrupt and subverted Organized Labor mouthpieces will not.

...Your characterization of immigrants as "invaders" puts you in a camp with people who haven't given the matter enough thought and therefore cannot contribute to the discussion positively. Just like Trump. Well done.
Nonsense.

I understand your need to denigrate and trivialize and caricaturize those who stand opposite you in this matter, but it will avail you nothing.

Trump is a clown in many respects... he brings no useful solutions to the table... but he begins the process, by serving-up Tough Talk on the subject.

Something missing from the American Political Dialogue for a very long time now - too long, judging by recent poll results.

And, in light of your own reluctance to come to that realization, I'm content to see that I'm not the only one susceptible to charges of not giving something sufficient thought.

Dude.....Trumps "surge" took him to 18% of GOP primary voters. That is about 9% of the voting populace. That's it. That is his ceiling. You have bought into the simple rhetoric....and have lauded the fact that a few others have along with you.

Figure it out. He doesn't have a plan. If you support him....and despite what you are saying, you are one of his supporters....you support a man without a plan.

Enjoy.
Nice try.

I don't support Trump.

I have repeatedly stated that he is, in all probability, an asshole, that he has not yet served-up viable solutions on that issue, and that I really don't think I want him as President.

But that doesn't prevent me from appreciating the re-emergence of Tough Talk on the subject of Illegal Aliens and so-called Immigration Reform, and crediting him for that.

Big difference.

Exactly what I just said. We agree that you appreciate tough talk.....period. Even if it is mindless and isn't accompanied by even a hint of a viable solution. Yes. That's what I see.

Isn't it great to find common ground?!

...Exactly what I just said. We agree that you appreciate tough talk.....period. Even if it is mindless and isn't accompanied by even a hint of a viable solution. Yes. That's what I see. Isn't it great to find common ground?!
Viable solutions (that do not reward the 12,000,000 invaders) will not be forthcoming without Tough Talk as prelude.

Trump has no answers but at least he got the conversation going again in the right direction.

Last edited:
You pretend as though there hasn't been tough talk all along. There has been. It has just been placed where it belongs.....to the side......with the fringe. Your reaction is to the divisive nature of this version of tough talk. You ate it right up.

Would you like some links to examples of congressional and presidential candidates issuing tough talk on immigration in the past? I'll post some for you if you like. It will be a bit later though....I'm about to do some bookkeeping.

You can oppose immigration without being an asshole about it. Well, unless you're Trump and all those like him.

speaking in plain words does not make someone an asshole. talking in PC circular bullshit makes one an asshole.
And there has been far too much of that (talking in PC circular bullshit) over the past couple of decades, on both sides of the aisle.

No, Trump was wrong to lash-out at McCain in that fashion, especially since Trump has never so much as put on a uniform in his own right.

Most big mouths eventually find a way to stick their foot in that mouth... heck, I'm surprised that Trump took so long to reach this state of affairs.

Still, he talks a great game, when it comes to dealing with Illegal Aliens.

What he needs to do now is to publicly apologize to McCain.

He won't thought... he hasn't got it in him.

A fairly obvious and pivotal character flaw.
MCCain being a veteran protects him from all criticism of his betrayal of his country and his oath of office? Bullshit.

Bucky never served in the military either, are his opinions of veterans invalid too?

Just how far do you want to ride this absurd notion that anyone who served is immune from political reprisals and anyone who didn't serve has no right to speak?

Idiot.
Calm yourself, before you soil your panties, princess.

My #32 and #33 in this thread complete the process of articulating my position on McSame, and the way Trump trashed him.

A position which probably is not as distant from your own as you seem to perceive, here.

As to being an 'idiot' - well, perhaps you're right - Lord knows, I can be as dumb as a box-o-rox from time to time, like most folks.

Then again, I'm comforted by the notion that, as dumb as I am, I have others, such as yourself, to remind me that there's always somebody in worse shape than I am.

Thanks for being there, to remind me that - despite my ever-so-obvious intellectual shortcomings - the cup is half full, after all.
wink_smile.gif
Welcome to discussion boards where, perhaps unjustly so, you are judged only by what you post. The post I responded to appeared to be written by an idiot and I said so. And no I'm not a "bigger idiot" for not noticing another post to throw into context the idiot post.

Everything Trump said is true, whether he served or not. You sound like a damned Leftist attacking the messenger, lacking the ability to discuss the message.

You can oppose immigration without being an asshole about it. Well, unless you're Trump and all those like him.

speaking in plain words does not make someone an asshole. talking in PC circular bullshit makes one an asshole.
And there has been far too much of that (talking in PC circular bullshit) over the past couple of decades, on both sides of the aisle.

Correct, and that is why Trump is good for the country right now. I don't see him being president but at the moment he is driving the debate and that is good for America.

You pretend as though there hasn't been tough talk all along. There has been. It has just been placed where it belongs.....to the side......with the fringe. Your reaction is to the divisive nature of this version of tough talk. You ate it right up.

Would you like some links to examples of congressional and presidential candidates issuing tough talk on immigration in the past? I'll post some for you if you like. It will be a bit later though....I'm about to do some bookkeeping.
Oh, there has been Tough Talk alright... but the trouble is, it's been relegated to the sidelines, and labeled as 'fringe', when it should not have been.

Donald's particular value in this context is that he put it on Center Stage again, and told the PC types to phukk off, which has been playing well with Middle America.

You can play-up the Sheeple and Gullibility angle all you like, but, given the momentum that's been garnered for such Tough Talk back on Center Stage again, well...

It's rather like locking the barn door after the horses have run off.

See: Donald Trump again goes after John McCain, saying he's been 'very disloyal':

”In an appearance on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Trump defended having repeatedly flamed fellow Republican McCain — the GOP’s 2008 nominee for President — after the senator said Trump was stirring up the extremist “crazies” of the party with his rants against Mexican immigrants.”

The irrefutable fact is, any member of Congress, which includes Senator McCain, who has worked endlessly to allow tens of millions of foreigners who have invaded our borders to remain here, and that includes the poorly educated, poverty stricken, low skilled, disease carrying and criminal populations of foreign countries, is “disloyal” to their oath of office which requires Senator McCain to “repel Invasions” and not give aid and comfort to the millions who have indeed invaded our Country.

Look what Senator McCain’s disloyalty has done to our Country.

Illegal Immigration Costs California Over Ten Billion Annually

Dateline: December, 2004

Among the key finding of the report are that the state's already struggling K-12 education system spends approximately $7.7 billion a year to school the children of illegal aliens who now constitute 15 percent of the student body. Another $1.4 billion of the taxpayers' money goes toward providing health care to illegal aliens and their families, the same amount that is spent incarcerating illegal aliens criminals.

Testimony about "51 Florida Hospitals in trouble" due to illegal aliens expenses:

Texas Faces Rising Cost For Illegal Immigrant Care

Texas spent at least $250 million in the past year for medical care and imprisonment of illegal immigrants and other non-citizens.

L.A. Emergency Rooms Full of Illegal Immigrants

Mike Antonovich, the Los Angeles County supervisor, said the system has been "basically bankrupted."

The Department of Health has a $1.2 billion deficit. Caring for illegals is siphoning money from other services and forcing clinics, trauma centers and emergency rooms to close, he said.

Department of Education - Immigration Fiscal Impact Statement

(In 1982 the Supreme Court ruled that illegal immigrant children are entitled to the same education benefits available to U.S. citizens. An estimated 1.1 million public school students are illegal immigrants, according to the Urban Institute.)

Because these students require more services than the children of natives, they will naturally receive an even larger share of educational spending. It is not unreasonable to attribute 25 percent of all pre-K to 12 spending to the 19 percent of students who are immigrants or the children of immigrants.

Preventing and Controlling Tuberculosis Along the U.S.-Mexico Border

In 1999, Mexico was the country of origin for 23% (1,753) of all foreign-born persons with TB. Of TB cases among Mexican-born persons, three fourths were reported from the four U.S. states bordering Mexico: California, 820 cases; Texas, 364 cases; Arizona, 67 cases; and New Mexico, 17 cases (3). In 1999, TB cases among Mexican-born persons represented approximately 25% of all reported TB in the four border states. Incidence of TB was higher for the majority of border counties than the national TB rate.

Drug-resistant TB on the rise along US-Mexican border

According to the Centers for Disease Control and reported by McKay, to treat one case of multidrug-resistant TB will cost us (the taxpayers) $140,000 to as high as $700,000 per patient!

SEE: Arizona Superintendent: Illegals Will Bankrupt Schools;

SEE: Illegal immigrants in U.S., a financial burden on the health system

SEE: Exclusive--Report: TX Taxpayers Pay Billions for Illegal Aliens to Use State Services;

SEE: Public Schools Face Health Threat from Illegal Aliens.

TB outbreak in Colorado school!

See: Outbreak: Tuberculosis in a School

”In December of 2011, a student was discovered to have active tuberculosis while attending a high school in Longmont Colorado. Denver Metro TB Control and Boulder County Public Health staff tested students and staff who were at highest risk – those who shared more than one class with the student. Over 50% of those students were found to have evidence of exposure to the TB organism. The next cohort of students tested shared one classroom and had a 40% infection rate. Eventually, it was determined that the entire school, students and staff, needed to be tested.”

TB outbreak in Florida kept secret

See: Worst TB outbreak in 20 years kept secret

July 8, 2012

JACKSONVILLE —
“The CDC officer had a serious warning for Florida health officials in April: A tuberculosis outbreak in Jacksonville was one of the worst his group had investigated in 20 years. Linked to 13 deaths and 99 illnesses, including six children, it would require concerted action to stop.”

June 4, 2013

See SC school employee spreads TB to children

Eight children have developed tuberculosis and 50 other people have tested positive for the disease after being exposed by an infected person at an elementary school in Greenwood County, the state’s top health officer said Tuesday

TB outbreak in Virginia High School

SEE: 430 Exposed to TB in Va. High School Outbreak

Jun 21, 2013

”Officials at the Fairfax County Health Department in Virginia are investigating a tuberculosis outbreak at a Virginia high school that has infected three people.”

TB on the rise in New York City

SEE: Tuberculosis cases in city rising for first time in decade: Health Department

Thursday, March 20, 2014, 9:25 PM

”For the first time in a decade, tuberculosis cases are on the rise in New York City, according to the Health Department.”

TB outbreak in Sacramento school

Four more students test positive for tuberculosis at Grant High

Jul. 1, 2014

”Grant Union High School is in the midst of a tuberculosis outbreak, Sacramento County health officials said Tuesday.

After previously reporting only one case of active TB, officials said four more students have tested positive for the active disease, which attacks the lungs and can be fatal. Scientists consider three related tuberculosis cases an outbreak, said Sacramento County Public Health Officer Olivia Kasirye.”

Thank you Donald Trump for saying what most loyal Americans are thinking, but are too politically correct to say in public..

JWK

I love this guy Trump. Every time he opens his mouth, he increases the odds that the Dems are going to have a great 2016. This guy is a buffoon and disgrace not only to the Republican Party but to America as a whole.

See: Donald Trump again goes after John McCain, saying he's been 'very disloyal':

”In an appearance on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Trump defended having repeatedly flamed fellow Republican McCain — the GOP’s 2008 nominee for President — after the senator said Trump was stirring up the extremist “crazies” of the party with his rants against Mexican immigrants.”

The irrefutable fact is, any member of Congress, which includes Senator McCain, who has worked endlessly to allow tens of millions of foreigners who have invaded our borders to remain here, and that includes the poorly educated, poverty stricken, low skilled, disease carrying and criminal populations of foreign countries, is “disloyal” to their oath of office which requires Senator McCain to “repel Invasions” and not give aid and comfort to the millions who have indeed invaded our Country.

Among the key finding of the report are that the state's already struggling K-12 education system spends approximately $7.7 billion a year to school the children of illegal aliens who now constitute 15 percent of the student body. Another $1.4 billion of the taxpayers' money goes toward providing health care to illegal aliens and their families, the same amount that is spent incarcerating illegal aliens criminals.

Testimony about "51 Florida Hospitals in trouble" due to illegal aliens expenses:

Texas spent at least $250 million in the past year for medical care and imprisonment of illegal immigrants and other non-citizens.

Mike Antonovich, the Los Angeles County supervisor, said the system has been "basically bankrupted."

The Department of Health has a $1.2 billion deficit. Caring for illegals is siphoning money from other services and forcing clinics, trauma centers and emergency rooms to close, he said.

(In 1982 the Supreme Court ruled that illegal immigrant children are entitled to the same education benefits available to U.S. citizens. An estimated 1.1 million public school students are illegal immigrants, according to the Urban Institute.)

Because these students require more services than the children of natives, they will naturally receive an even larger share of educational spending. It is not unreasonable to attribute 25 percent of all pre-K to 12 spending to the 19 percent of students who are immigrants or the children of immigrants.

In 1999, Mexico was the country of origin for 23% (1,753) of all foreign-born persons with TB. Of TB cases among Mexican-born persons, three fourths were reported from the four U.S. states bordering Mexico: California, 820 cases; Texas, 364 cases; Arizona, 67 cases; and New Mexico, 17 cases (3). In 1999, TB cases among Mexican-born persons represented approximately 25% of all reported TB in the four border states. Incidence of TB was higher for the majority of border counties than the national TB rate.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and reported by McKay, to treat one case of multidrug-resistant TB will cost us (the taxpayers) $140,000 to as high as $700,000 per patient!

SEE: Exclusive--Report: TX Taxpayers Pay Billions for Illegal Aliens to Use State Services;

”In December of 2011, a student was discovered to have active tuberculosis while attending a high school in Longmont Colorado. Denver Metro TB Control and Boulder County Public Health staff tested students and staff who were at highest risk – those who shared more than one class with the student. Over 50% of those students were found to have evidence of exposure to the TB organism. The next cohort of students tested shared one classroom and had a 40% infection rate. Eventually, it was determined that the entire school, students and staff, needed to be tested.”

July 8, 2012

JACKSONVILLE —
“The CDC officer had a serious warning for Florida health officials in April: A tuberculosis outbreak in Jacksonville was one of the worst his group had investigated in 20 years. Linked to 13 deaths and 99 illnesses, including six children, it would require concerted action to stop.”

June 4, 2013

Eight children have developed tuberculosis and 50 other people have tested positive for the disease after being exposed by an infected person at an elementary school in Greenwood County, the state’s top health officer said Tuesday

Jun 21, 2013

”Officials at the Fairfax County Health Department in Virginia are investigating a tuberculosis outbreak at a Virginia high school that has infected three people.”

SEE: Tuberculosis cases in city rising for first time in decade: Health Department

”For the first time in a decade, tuberculosis cases are on the rise in New York City, according to the Health Department.”

Jul. 1, 2014

”Grant Union High School is in the midst of a tuberculosis outbreak, Sacramento County health officials said Tuesday.

After previously reporting only one case of active TB, officials said four more students have tested positive for the active disease, which attacks the lungs and can be fatal. Scientists consider three related tuberculosis cases an outbreak, said Sacramento County Public Health Officer Olivia Kasirye.”

Thank you Donald Trump for saying what most loyal Americans are thinking, but are too politically correct to say in public..

JWK

I love this guy Trump. Every time he opens his mouth, he increases the odds that the Dems are going to have a great 2016. This guy is a buffoon and disgrace not only to the Republican Party but to America as a whole.

dream on, enjoy your socialist utopia fantasy while you may. Obozo has destroyed your party, with the help of hillary, pelosi, and reid.

if you dems want a winner, dump HRC and run Webb.

No, Trump was wrong to lash-out at McCain in that fashion, especially since Trump has never so much as put on a uniform in his own right.

Most big mouths eventually find a way to stick their foot in that mouth... heck, I'm surprised that Trump took so long to reach this state of affairs.

Still, he talks a great game, when it comes to dealing with Illegal Aliens.

What he needs to do now is to publicly apologize to McCain.

He won't thought... he hasn't got it in him.

A fairly obvious and pivotal character flaw.

How many deferments did Trump get to avoid Vietnam? What a fucking asshole he is, to talk down someone like McCain who served with honor when he was such a pussy doing everything he could to avoid serving. I have no problem with those who have not served, but don't bash those who have when you have gone out of your way to avoid serving in the past. In no way should this jackass ever be Commander in Chief of our armed forces.

Last edited:

July 8, 2012

JACKSONVILLE —

June 4, 2013

Jun 21, 2013

Jul. 1, 2014

JWK

Actually, Trump was doing alright, until he attacked (or counter-attacked) John McCain's war service in the way that he did.

Trump just gave the Republican Party Old Guard the excuse that it needed, to turn its back on him.

The only way for Donald to recover now is to eat humble pie - to apologize personally to John McCain.

But he won't.

He lacks the humility and character and courage to do so.

And, failing to do so, his popularity will plummet from its current high, and he will fade into oblivion, in the context of the 2016 Presidential campaign.

Although he is sufficiently arrogant and ill-tempered and vindictive and well-funded, to make a run at it, independent of the Republican Party.

Which might draw a few percentage points away from the mainstream Republican candidate, and thereby help the Democrats, who - given their rag-tag collection of corrupt Establishment Types - are going to need every scrap of help they can get.

Forum List

Back