Trump insults a war hero

Even if the tripe Trump said is true, it was a stupid thing to say...
Stupid is the stock in trade of the GOP.........
591.gif
Yeah cause the democrats are all brain surgeons...

Did I mention I believe he is a war hero?

exactly what does it take to be a war hero ? i ask because i served on the same ship McCain was launched from, the USS Oriskany CVA-34 and USS Kitty Hawk CVA-63 from 1962AD thru 1972AD with FOUR (4) cruises to the "War Zone", (Tonkin Gulf).

was McCain a "war hero" before he was shot down ? or after ? or during his capture as a POW ? or when he was released to U.S. custody.

this subject of "war hero" has me very confused. i caught Malaria on a special training mission while in the Philippines, i shed blood on foreign soil, am i a "war hero" ?? ................... :salute:

McCain the war hero asshole that he is constantly shoots off his mouth insulting anyone he pleases and doesn't expect push back.

I personally am thrilled that Trump has pushed back against the war hero son of a bitch because McCain is a pompous and arrogant war hero.

I hate the war hero bastard for his hands across the aisle bullshit and his war hero cocksucking that he has done for Obama.

All as a war hero of course. Did I mention he's a war hero?

:lmao:
I'm certainly no fan of John McCain. However, it's pretty clear he is a war hero by most any standards and certainly head and shoulders above Donald Trump when it comes to service to his county. Probably the greatest service Trump has done for his country was dodging the draft with deferments.

What makes McCain a hero is not the fact he was a POW, nor the fact that he volunteered for military service but the fact he volunteered for combat duty in Vietnam and volunteered for service in the "Saints", which had a reputation for aggressive, daring attacks, but paid the price. One third of all pilots were killed or captured. McCain volunteered to fly the squadron's most dangerous missions right away, rather than work his way up to them. McCain led the squadron in a number of successful raids. On a bombing run on his 23rd mission, he was being tracked by enemy fire control as he began his dive to release bombs. He successful completed his run but a missile hit his wing and he bailed out. The force of ejection broke his right arm in three places, his left arm, and his right leg at the knee, and knocked him unconscious. After being captured his shoulder was crushed and he spent 5 years in Vietnam pow camps, subjected to a lack of medical care, torture, and solitary confinement.

Early life and military career of John McCain - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

John McCain had no option but to join the Navy. He would have been a disgrace to his family if he had chosen any other career.

Now that being said, I have always supported McCain's war hero status and I believed that he endured what few could ever endure at the hands of the Vietcong.

BUT a war hero can be an asshole. A war hero can become a pompous old arrogant bully. Like McCain has become.

McCain's been the one throwing out the punches here. Trump is just another target for McCain.

He's lashed out many times at fellow Republicans.

This old war hero has become a fucking monumental loud mouth bitch.

McCain is defending his party against a man who is more concerned about his own ego trip than what is good for the country
Leftwats coming to the defense of Maverick sure puts throws this controversy into sharp relief.

Donald Trump for president 2016!

I'm loving watching the left come to McCain's defense after shredding him and his service in 2008.

Hypocrisy thy name is liberal!
Which leading democratic candidate for president shredded McCains war service

exactly what does it take to be a war hero ? i ask because i served on the same ship McCain was launched from, the USS Oriskany CVA-34 and USS Kitty Hawk CVA-63 from 1962AD thru 1972AD with FOUR (4) cruises to the "War Zone", (Tonkin Gulf).

was McCain a "war hero" before he was shot down ? or after ? or during his capture as a POW ? or when he was released to U.S. custody.

this subject of "war hero" has me very confused. i caught Malaria on a special training mission while in the Philippines, i shed blood on foreign soil, am i a "war hero" ?? ................... :salute:
You are to me.

Yes you are. And thank you for your service. Heroes one and all who have served.

Frankly, I'm finding these discussions more than a tad disturbing and have questioned where we are at with the definition of "war hero" now. Or how McCain's capture and torture moves him up a notch to "genuine war hero".

Because that to me diminishes the service of others.

Donald Trump says McCain is not a war hero and a loser New York Post

Good Grief! This is just the beginning of the man's stupid comments. Grab a chair and some popcorn. The clown has only just begun!

This is just more establishment bullshit.

Trump never said the things the media is making it look like he said.

1. The Post did not provide context at the outset disclosing that McCain and Trump have been feuding, with McCain characterizing some Trump supporters as “crazies” and Trump stating that McCain graduated last in his class in Annapolis. The charged rhetoric continued at the conservative Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa this weekend.

2. When a panelist characterized McCain as a “war hero,” the Post is accurate in reporting that Trump initially said McCain is “not a war hero.” But then, Trump immediately modified his statement saying– four times– that McCain is a war hero:

“He is a war hero.”

“He’s a war hero because he was captured.”

“He’s a war hero, because he was captured.”

“I believe, perhaps, he’s a war hero. But right now, he’s said some very bad things about a lot of people.”

3. Did Trump say McCain is not a war hero because he was captured? No, not in the exchanges represented in the Post.

4. Is the Post’s characterization an accident? It would appear not, because it is repeated in the Post’s caption of the video clip, which also states: “Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), a decorated Vietnam war veteran, was not a war hero because he was captured by the North Vietnamese [emphasis added].”

Further, in the Post’s second sentence, Trump is quoted as stating of McCain, “He’s not a war hero…He’s a war hero because he was captured,” but the article selectively left out the phrase Trump had uttered in between: “He is a war hero.”
Fact Check The Washington Post on Donald Trump and John McCain Sharyl Attkisson
Why do conservatives struggle so much with context?

Trump said he was only a war hero "because he was captured" implying that those captured do not deserve to be considered heroes

He then doubled down by saying. I prefer those who were not captured

You are to me.

thank you so very much, you have no idea what that means to me, those 4 words are my parade.., you have brought a few tears to my eyes. ............... :cry:

Yes you are. And thank you for your service. Heroes one and all who have served.

Frankly, I'm finding these discussions more than a tad disturbing and have questioned where we are at with the definition of "war hero" now. Or how McCain's capture and torture moves him up a notch to "genuine war hero".

Because that to me diminishes the service of others.

.................... :iagree:

i also, thank you so very much, you have no idea what that means to me, those 3 words are my parade.., you also have brought a few tears to my eyes. ............... :cry:

once more... thank you !!

You are to me.
Well said!

War is hell... my issue with McCain is what he's done to screw us over as a Senator. McCain is not running again, to my knowledge. I have no idea why Trump is even talking about McCain.

War is hell... my issue with McCain is what he's done to screw us over as a Senator. McCain is not running again, to my knowledge. I have no idea why Trump is even talking about McCain.
Oh no McCain certainly is running again. Now he has a challenger.

McCain regrets saying that Trump fires up the crazies because it will surely cost him the election.

McCain had a problem with his support for illegals over Americans before he made an enemy of Donald Trump. Now McCain has committed political suicide.

The Left does not care about McCain or military service. They care about holdingng the other side to standards but not themselves. It's in their rule book. Go back and see what the Left said about McCain in 2008. The seemingly 180 is fueled by hatred for Trump, not love for McCain.

Forum List

Back