Trump insults a war hero

I never said it was, "general policy." You're reading into things not stated. Again ... I said for some, attacking someone's wartime experience is no big deal and Trump falls into that category.

As far as your question, I don't see the connection. So unless you establish one, I'm not interested.

You are not interesting in anything except trolling this thread and pursuing your moronic little lies ...........................
You're an idiot. I'm discussing Trump insulting a war hero in a thread about Trump insulting a war hero. On top of which, I've told no lies. Do you even know what trolling is? It seems you think it's just a convenient way of dismissing opinions you don't agree with.

What needs to be quoted you haven't already heard? The interviewer pointed out, rightfully so, that McCain is a war hero; and Trump disagreed. Trump, who avoided serving, looks like a fucktard denigrating the brave service of a fellow American who did by denying McCain is a war hero. Trump then begrudgingly acknowledged McCain is a war hero after the interviewer called him on his nonsense; but Trump idiotically attributed McCain's wartime heroic status to being captured.

You really are special aren't you??

You can not discuss this without the persistent ad hominem of Trump??

You seem to have double talked and dodged, you know para phrased ...............

Are you just too fucking stupid to quote what Donald said??
Again, why quote him? We both know what he said. Quoting him is not going to alter what I've already posted.

Hey you fucking retard , quote out of this article and tell us what the fuck you keep running your dick lickers about ............

You are here: HomeNewsFact Check › Fact Check: The Washington Post on Donald Trump and John McCain
Fact Check: The Washington Post on Donald Trump and John McCain
Donald_Trump_March_2015-e1437269515988.jpg

[Above image: Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump at the 2015 Conservative Political Action Conference]

Donald Trump appears to have gotten under the skin of not only Democrats, but also fellow Republicans and the news media. Has that subjected Trump, a Republican presidential candidate, to unfair and/or inaccurate reporting?

An article in the Washington Post today is headlined, “Trump slams McCain for being ‘captured’ in Vietnam.”

The article’s lead sentence states, “Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump slammed Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), a decorated Vietnam War veteran, on Saturday by saying McCain was not a war hero because he was captured by the North Vietnamese [emphasis added].”

Is this report accurate?

In fact, Trump’s actual quote is the opposite of what is presented in the Post’s first sentence.

Discussion

1. The Post did not provide context at the outset disclosing that McCain and Trump have been feuding, with McCain characterizing some Trump supporters as “crazies” and Trump stating that McCain graduated last in his class in Annapolis. The charged rhetoric continued at the conservative Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa this weekend.

2. When a panelist characterized McCain as a “war hero,” the Post is accurate in reporting that Trump initially said McCain is “not a war hero.” But then, Trump immediately modified his statement saying– four times– that McCain is a war hero:

“He is a war hero.”

“He’s a war hero because he was captured.”

“He’s a war hero, because he was captured.”

“I believe, perhaps, he’s a war hero. But right now, he’s said some very bad things about a lot of people.”

3. Did Trump say McCain is not a war hero because he was captured? No, not in the exchanges represented in the Post.

4. Is the Post’s characterization an accident? It would appear not, because it is repeated in the Post’s caption of the video clip, which also states: “Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), a decorated Vietnam war veteran, was not a war hero because he was captured by the North Vietnamese [emphasis added].”

Further, in the Post’s second sentence, Trump is quoted as stating of McCain, “He’s not a war hero…He’s a war hero because he was captured,” but the article selectively left out the phrase Trump had uttered in between: “He is a war hero.”

Conclusion

Trump actually said the opposite of what the Post lead sentence and video caption claim. The Post might have been able to get away stating that Trump “implied” McCain was not a war hero because McCain was captured, but even that would have been a subjective interpretation since Trump had actually stated the opposite.
You're too fucking retarded as I never accused Trump of claiming Trump denied McCain was a war hero for being captured. :cuckoo: In fact, I even said he was an idiot for saying that; because McCain is not a war hero for being captured, but for not aiding the enemy under extreme duress and torture; and for not taking advantage of being an admiral's son and taking the easy way out ahead of other American POWs.

So Trump was wrong to initially deny McCain was a war hero and then he was an idiot to claim McCain was a war hero for being captured. Trump, however, is a fucktard of the first degree to denigrate such bravery when he himself avoided going to Vietnam.

Not to mention ... he called McCain a loser for not winning the 2008 presidential election and that he doesn't like losers ... his opinion, who cares? However, is he going to call himself a loser and not like himself if he doesn't end up in the White House? :lol:

"Not saying everyone who serves is a war hero. I am saying McCain is. And I'm saying Trump is a fucktard for attacking McCain's heroism when he himself evaded going to Vietnam."

I would be very interested in knowing what exactly McCain did that you consider heroic. As I said I fought in Vietnam and I am certainly no hero. Nor were most of the guys I served with. But there were enough who actually were that I hate to see the term (and their service) trivialized by those who simply don't know any better. Mr. Trump was correct: there is nothing heroic about being captured. At best it is at least somewhat embarrassing. And worse than that if you provide enemy propaganda while a POW.
Being captured in itself is not heroic but I view McCain as a hero for a) not revealing any information to the enemy despite being tortured; b) not giving the enemy the opportunity to use him, as the son of an admiral, as a propaganda tool; and c) mostly because he refused to be released early and ahead of other POWs to accomodate (b).

If that were true I would agree with you. Unfortunately it isn't. In fact there are those who consider him a traitor for his actions while a POW. I don't agree with that viewpoint either because he just did what he needed to to survive. Neither hero nor traitor in my book. Same goes for Trump; he's entitled to his opinion and what he said was clearly stated as opinion.
There were accusations of such thrown about by political foes when he was running for president. None of which was ever confirmed. His record of heroism remains unblemished. It certainly isn't tarnished by unfounded rumors.

You're an idiot. I'm discussing Trump insulting a war hero in a thread about Trump insulting a war hero. On top of which, I've told no lies. Do you even know what trolling is? It seems you think it's just a convenient way of dismissing opinions you don't agree with.

You are not discussing anything, you spread lies, which, when called out you can't substantiate.

Quote where Trump insulted a war hero.................

Who was the hero, and what did Trump say that was an insult.

Don't be stupid and paraphrase your pathetic line of shit, quote from the above transcript exactly what he said.

You are too stupid to do that correct??

"Not saying everyone who serves is a war hero. I am saying McCain is. And I'm saying Trump is a fucktard for attacking McCain's heroism when he himself evaded going to Vietnam."

I would be very interested in knowing what exactly McCain did that you consider heroic. As I said I fought in Vietnam and I am certainly no hero. Nor were most of the guys I served with. But there were enough who actually were that I hate to see the term (and their service) trivialized by those who simply don't know any better. Mr. Trump was correct: there is nothing heroic about being captured. At best it is at least somewhat embarrassing. And worse than that if you provide enemy propaganda while a POW.
Being captured in itself is not heroic but I view McCain as a hero for a) not revealing any information to the enemy despite being tortured; b) not giving the enemy the opportunity to use him, as the son of an admiral, as a propaganda tool; and c) mostly because he refused to be released early and ahead of other POWs to accomodate (b).

If that were true I would agree with you. Unfortunately it isn't. In fact there are those who consider him a traitor for his actions while a POW. I don't agree with that viewpoint either because he just did what he needed to to survive. Neither hero nor traitor in my book. Same goes for Trump; he's entitled to his opinion and what he said was clearly stated as opinion.
There were accusations of such thrown about by political foes when he was running for president. None of which was ever confirmed. His record of heroism remains unblemished. It certainly isn't tarnished by unfounded rumors.

Really?

You are not discussing anything, you spread lies, which, when called out you can't substantiate.

Quote where Trump insulted a war hero.................

Who was the hero, and what did Trump say that was an insult.

Don't be stupid and paraphrase your pathetic line of shit, quote from the above transcript exactly what he said.

You are too stupid to do that correct??
You really are retarded. The war hero is McCain and Trump insulted him when he said, he's not a war hero. Which is a) me not lying, Trump really said that; b) the topic of this thread); and c) what I'm talking about.

Really?

Yeah, like I said .... there were accusations cast about but none of them ever confirmed.

Of course you are because Trump is a progressive like yourself.
No, because he's a wrecking ball to the GOP.
The GOP needs a wrecking ball.
The GOP needs an enema. What they got was a wrecking ball.

They don't need an enema. There's already plenty of shit in the Democrat Party.
Suuure ... that explains why so many people are switching from being registered Republicans to registered Independents. :rolleyes:

You realize that was a non sequitur, right?

I agree with you almost all the time Mac, but not here. McCain started this childish back and forth. I appreciate his service, and I can't hope to know the hell he went through; but he betrayed his fellow veterans by supporting cutting benefits for those in the military. TRICARE of all things. He of all people should know better.

McCain Joins Obama s Call for Military Benefit Cuts

Apparently, rotting in a prison cell in North Vietnam didn't teach him enough respect for his fellow veterans. Or was that whole "I want to stay in prison with my comrades" thing just for show? That experience should have taught him that vets deserve to be pampered, appreciated, and supported--- not treated like second class citizens by the government they swore their lives to.
I know and understand the arguments against McCain. What I'll never know is what it's like to suffer like he did.

I just wouldn't go there, and I'm not obligated to respect someone who will go there for political gain.

I don't think he did it for political gain, per se. I think it was a badly-worded ad hominem attack due to a personal conflict between the two men. Not hard to understand, given that John McCain, whatever else he is, is a grade-A douche canoe.
In other words: Donald Trump is too stupid to control his mouth.

Wow, you know almost as much about English comprehension as you do about telling boys from girls. My admiration for your intellect is shrinking by the second.
Admiration from shit like you is worthless.

Probably a wise attitude for you to take, given how little admiration you likely encounter.

Hey you fucking retard , quote out of this article and tell us what the fuck you keep running your dick lickers about ............

You are here: HomeNewsFact Check › Fact Check: The Washington Post on Donald Trump and John McCain

The article’s lead sentence states, “Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump slammed Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), a decorated Vietnam War veteran, on Saturday by saying McCain was not a war hero because he was captured by the North Vietnamese [emphasis added].”

Is this report accurate?

In fact, Trump’s actual quote is the opposite of what is presented in the Post’s first sentence.

Discussion

1. The Post did not provide context at the outset disclosing that McCain and Trump have been feuding, with McCain characterizing some Trump supporters as “crazies” and Trump stating that McCain graduated last in his class in Annapolis. The charged rhetoric continued at the conservative Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa this weekend.

2. When a panelist characterized McCain as a “war hero,” the Post is accurate in reporting that Trump initially said McCain is “not a war hero.” But then, Trump immediately modified his statement saying– four times– that McCain is a war hero:

“He is a war hero.”

“I believe, perhaps, he’s a war hero. But right now, he’s said some very bad things about a lot of people.”

3. Did Trump say McCain is not a war hero because he was captured? No, not in the exchanges represented in the Post.

4. Is the Post’s characterization an accident? It would appear not, because it is repeated in the Post’s caption of the video clip, which also states: “Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), a decorated Vietnam war veteran, was not a war hero because he was captured by the North Vietnamese [emphasis added].”

Further, in the Post’s second sentence, Trump is quoted as stating of McCain, “He’s not a war hero…He’s a war hero because he was captured,” but the article selectively left out the phrase Trump had uttered in between: “He is a war hero.”

Conclusion

Trump actually said the opposite of what the Post lead sentence and video caption claim. The Post might have been able to get away stating that Trump “implied” McCain was not a war hero because McCain was captured, but even that would have been a subjective interpretation since Trump had actually stated the opposite.

Comprehension seems to be your problem, leads to the cybershithole guarded by the dreaded ignore button.

I tried to discuss this reasonably with you, seems your bias is skewed and you are not reasonable.

Some of us come to this forum for intelligent conversation and really detest childish / foolish games.

Easier just to add you to the list and move on.

Correll can keep feeding the trolls if he wants, me I am looking for someone who can defend their position without lies and who are willing to accept reality for what it is.

You might of even had a chance had you read the last line and then changed your stance to "insinuated" .................

Really no challenge and nothing but a distraction .....................

Grow up, or not, I don't have to read it.

You really are retarded. The war hero is McCain and Trump insulted him when he said, he's not a war hero. Which is a) me not lying, Trump really said that; b) the topic of this thread); and c) what I'm talking about.

Is this report accurate?

Discussion

“He is a war hero.”

Conclusion

Comprehension seems to be your problem, leads to the cybershithole guarded by the dreaded ignore button.

I tried to discuss this reasonably with you, seems your bias is skewed and you are not reasonable.

Some of us come to this forum for intelligent conversation and really detest childish / foolish games.

Correll can keep feeding the trolls if he wants, me I am looking for someone who can defend their position without lies and who are willing to accept reality for what it is.

You might of even had a chance had you read the last line and then changed your stance to "insinuated" .................

Run, Forrest! Run!!! :mm:

Is this report accurate?

Discussion

“He is a war hero.”

Conclusion

YOu make a lot of sense.

Except the "Trolls" are the Democratic Party.

If you do find some rare lib who is willing to discuss issues honestly and seriously, he won't be representative of the Left or the Democratic Party.

You'll just be talking to some lone weirdo.

Logic time.

Is it logical to assume that every soldier who gets caught is a war hero?

From Drdoomandgloom cut and paste

"2. When a panelist characterized McCain as a “war hero,” the Post is accurate in reporting that Trump initially said McCain is “not a war hero.” But then, Trump immediately modified his statement saying– four times– that McCain is a war hero:

“He is a war hero.”

Forum List

Back